What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
Didn't see one of these started for this year yet, if there is, then feel free to delete this one.

Thanks to MT for the thread last year, so in honor of that, here is a new version.

I'll start.

Where in the #### is Lamar Miller...? He has gotten me .20 in the first half.

Isaiah Crowell doesn't look much better.

I told myself last year I wouldn't own a piece of the ridiculous Cleveland backfield this year.

Yet again I got sucked in. :( LOL.

TZM

Oh, and not to be pessimistic , but is it just me or is Randall Cobb out there in a full blown "decoy" mode....?

Looks like he is just clearing the way for a James Jones career resurgence.

Packer fans/viewers may know more, I'm only seeing tiny glimpses on Redzone.

I'm starting to wish I'd have started John Brown in Cobb's place.......

TZM

Can anyone verify whats going on with Lamar Miller...?

Oh yeah, I started the INDY defense everywhere. (3/4 leagues) Good call #######.......... :wall:

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonio Brown

Travis Kelce

Carolina DST

Ameer

Couple things went right this week

ETA: since we're in a NCAYFFT thread, McManus 2 50+ FGs

All going wrong. Olsen, Allen Robinson, Stewart, Cam all boners. Plus, I'm facing Kelce and Hopkins and Wright. This will be the first week 1 loss I've suffered in 20+ years of playing FFL.

A Robinson?

Ingram?

Forsett?

I'm in trouble this season. And our freaking roster reduction to from 16 to 13 (4 lousy bench spots) is preventing me from just jumping on guys that played well today since I'm sitting on Bell, M Bryant with two of those spots, 1 other is my QB 2, and then Blount. Afraid to drop Blount or Bryant at this point to take a shot on someone...we have a first come first served waiver process.

Trying not to panic.

Started Allen Robinson at flex over either Woodhead or Stevie Johnson. (Was already starting Keenan Allen, so wanted to spread things around.)

A Robinson?

Ingram?

Forsett?

I'm in trouble this season. And our freaking roster reduction to from 16 to 13 (4 lousy bench spots) is preventing me from just jumping on guys that played well today since I'm sitting on Bell, M Bryant with two of those spots, 1 other is my QB 2, and then Blount. Afraid to drop Blount or Bryant at this point to take a shot on someone...we have a first come first served waiver process.

Trying not to panic.
4 bench spots?? Jeez.

Hmm, well I actually used draft dominator this year and ended up with CJ Anderson, TY Hilton, Frank Gore, Desean Jackson, and Allen Robinson. Also played the colts D as suggested against the supposed easy matchup Bills.

I had a fantastic week and I am definitely a virtual lock for playoffs!

/sarcasm

A Robinson?

Ingram?

Forsett?

Trying not to panic.
4 bench spots?? Jeez.
Tell me about it. I was very against it. Even more so now.

Allen Robinson projections a bit lofty at FBG this preseason, I fear. I bit and I'm paying for it.

Oh, and you s*ck, Vinatieri.

Went out to dinner, came back and this Dallas-NYG game is 6-3 and almost halftime. For chrissake... can I get some fantasy contribution today?

ASJ and Eifert sitting on my bench in two different TE premium leagues :( Luckily I didn't need their points to have comfortable leads going in to tomorrow night

Last time I drafted Romo, my team wound up 3-10 due to a series of injuries. This year I drafted Romo and Dez - going to be 0-1 after tomorrow and if Dez is out my low mark of 3-10 is in danger. Doesn't help that my stud rbs are Ingram and Stewart. So much for the 3 stud wr theory.

Vinatieri, -2 points. Great.

Ingram - we get a 5 point bonus for 100 points rushing or receiving - he has 102 yards, garbage time Brees throws another screen Ingram had no chance on - loses 4. 6 points off the board.

I never own the highly targeted receivers who explode. I only always seem to go against them. Keenan Allen, Deandre Hopkins, Gronk, Kelce (played in the flex!). Add Forte to the mix and it wasn't pretty.

30% of my Survivor Pool picked Dallas surprisingly. Was gleefully looking to eliminate a bunch of the field. Until Romo-Witten happened.

Indy defense. Thanks for the 0 points. I know they have then next four weeks against supposedly bad QBs, but this week 1 didn't inspire confidence.

Faced Brady, K. Allen, Antonio, AND Kelce in one league. He also had Beckham, so I guess I lucked out a little bit with him not doing much.

I'm glad someone started this thread. I complain to the people in my league that my fantasy luck blows and they all tell me to shut the hell up.

Peyton Manning - should have known better. He threw 15 TD's and 0 INT's in his last 4 season openers before last night. Thanks for that one, Peyton. His arms look like noodles out there. At worst, I thought he'd be about as good as Favre was in his last few years in the league.

Steve Smith Sr. - The entire DEN/BAL game was a cluster.

Went against: Antonio Brown (Thanks Roethlisberger for throwing him a meaningless TD at the end of the game), Jeremy HIll, Seferian-Jenkins, and DeAndre Hopkins.

The only consolation is that, even with my optimal lineup, I probably still wouldn't have beaten my opponent - unless Peterson gets like 40 points tonight.

bulger2holt said:
Losing Ellington and Dez sucks. I lose key players every year, more than most teams in my league
Seems like I do too. My main rivals start the same exact lineup, it seems, all year. Nobody ever misses a beat. Meanwhile, I seem to find myself trading and waiver wiring guys at a frantic pace.

I will say, however, my teams have a few titles under their belts so maybe it makes me a better FF owner (forces me to keep up a bit better).

Starting RB's in trouble

Miller

Gore

D Thomas...not looking good with Manning at the helm.

Brady to Gronk may salvage a win.

Bragging - Brady & Hopkins

Venting - Joique Bell, Smith Sr, and Cooper, Kendall Wright on my bench.

My opponent started P. Manning over Romo, McFadden over Ivory, and Greg Olsen over Witten.

Doubly sweet as a 'Boys fan.

One of those weeks. 2nd highest point total in the league- played the #1 scoring team. Knew that Gore would be hit or miss, but expected at least a td from him. AJ Green and Beckham = 20 points together was a drag also. Better luck next week I guess. Also really hating the DFS commercials and the commercials for Blindspot or whatever the show is with the naked tattooed woman.

I hate tight ends.

Started Walker instead of Eifert in one league, Walker instead of ASJ in another and Daniels instead of ASJ in a third.

Didn't do Bad ! Hopkins , Carolina , Dalton ( 12 team ppr ) with Murray left to go.

Did have James Jones riding the pine Started Floyd over him :wall:

Running my usual 5 teams for cash:

Had Gronk in all my leagues and thought I had a chance for my first ever 5 game win week, but then starting Djax and running into Kelce negated that. I still have a small chance at 5-0, but need less than 16 points from AP.

I can't seem to get a 5-0 week. :thumbdown:

On the other hand, I love the Dhop and Keenan Allan combination in one of my leagues. Potential jackpot picks to pair with Forte and Gronk. :thumbup:

Loving the Morris picks, still running hard and still a solid RB2 floor. Also, Joe Randle might not be a wasted pick :D

Have a shot to score the high score in both my leagues and I dont have a single guy the same in both lineups. Thats hard to do.

Gonna lose by 9. Had Matt Ryan, Julio, and Tevin Coleman. Decent chance of getting it if Parkey makes that FG. :(

Lost to the high scorer, and I had 28 points more than the 3rd-highest scorer this week. Bittersweet.

Missed the high score of the week by *this* much in one of my leagues. Started Allen Robinson over Woodhead at flex...missed high score by 5 points. :wall:

Brady and Gronk, highest scoring team all weekend. 18-pt lead, I have AP, he has... Hyde. I am going to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread