What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA BTTF IV - LEAGUE ID: 53356 (1 Viewer)

Notorious T.R.E.

Showdown!™ Administrator
LINK TO PUBLIC AUCTION RESULTS/INFO

TEAMS
1. TRE --------------- Yes to auction
2. Rodg12 ---------- No to auction
3. Sammy3469 ---- Yes
4. Tobias ------------ No
5. Frosty ------------- Yes
6. Eephus ------------ Yes
7. Moops ------------- Yes
8. Abraham ---------- No
9. Jomar -------------- No
10. Kev0429 ---------- No
11. ChemX ----------- Yes
12. 8ebok24 ----------- Yes
13. Coyote5 ------------ Yes
14. No. 16 --------------- No
15. Scoobus ----------- Yes
16. Slapdash ---------- No
17. JB Breffus Club -- Yes
18. Arsenal ------------- No
19. Pumpnick --------- ??
20. Kraft ------------------ Yes
21. Yo Mama------------ Yes
22. Cliff Clavin----------- YES
23. Hagmania-----------Yes
24. Sparty-------------------NO!

RULES

Format: Daily blind bid auction

Summary: Each day there will be 6 to 12 players up for auction simultaneously. Each team is allotted $100 in auction funds. Teams can bid up to their available funds for any individual player up for auction. Owners can place bids on multiple players during a bidding cycle, e.g. you can bid $100 on every player on day one. See bid prioritization for more info. No decimal bids -- any decimal will be rounded down to a whole number (i.e. $10.88 will be a $10 bid)

Bidding: Send one email per team with all daily bids to WISRUTHROLL@GMAIL.COM. The deadline will be midnight EDT so I can award the bids before the start of the following day.

Send email in the player order provided - include clear instruction of your 3 priority players (if you're using them). Be sure and include your FBG name.

Example Email:

1. Davis 100
2. Curry 100 (1st PRIORITY)
3. Harden 5
4. James 6
5. Westbrook 10 (2nd PRIORITY)
6. Durant 15 (3rd PRIORITY)

You can prioritize up to three bids per day (optional). These bids will be processed first if an owner has multiple successful bids in a day.
Excluded prioritized bids, auctions will be processed in the order of the rankings, e.g. the player ranked #3 will be awarded before player #4. If an owner doesn't have enough funds available due to a player awarded earlier in the day's processing, the bid on the latter player would be invalid.

**If you want to void bids after winning a certain player or position, you must include those instructions.

Auction tiebreakers:
1. amount of money remaining in budget at the time the player is processed. More=better.
2. dice roll

Player pool & rankings: I propose using Yahoo Fantasy rankings to select the players up for bid each day. 14-15 WIS salaries won't include rookies and ESPN #NBARank hasn't been published yet. https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/draftanalysis?pos=ALL

Auction schedule: Three rounds worth of players (72) will be auctioned.
Day 1: 6 players (Davis, Curry, Harden, James, Westbrook and Durant)
Day 2: 6 players (Cousins, Paul, Irving, Leonard, Horford and Lillard)
Day 3: 12 players (C. Anthony, Butler, K. Thompson, Wall, Aldridge, Millsap, Ibaka, Love, Griffin, Lowry, George, Vucevic)
Day 4: 12 players (Gobert, Jordan, Dray. Green, Conley, Whiteside, M. Gasol, P. Gasol, B. Lopez, Bledsoe, Oladipo, Jefferson, Holliday)
Day 5: 12 players (Lawson, Nowitzki, Teague, Drummond, Bosh, G. Dragic, Gay, Duncan, Hayward, Noel, T. Harris, Payton)
Day 6: 12 players (Ariza, Matthews, Batum, Knight, Faried, Ellis, Korver, Antetokounmpo, Dan. Green, G. Hill, Favors, Carroll)

Day 7: 12 players (Monroe, Middleton, Howard, Rubio, K. Walker, Randolph, Wade, Bryant, Rose, Parsons, Towns, Chandler)

Roster rules: A team can come out of the auction with between zero and five players. Players awarded to a team that already has five players on the roster will have that bid voided.

Draft order: The draft will resume after the 72 players are auctioned. Draft order will be determined by the amount of funds remaining in a team's auction budget. Tie breaker for draft order will be by dice roll.

Compensation pick mini-draft. The draft will be halted temporarily after round #5 to allow teams that bought less than three players in the auction rounds to fill out a starting five. This will be a snake draft following the same order above. Every team will enter round #6 will between five and seven players. Teams with seven players after round #5 will give up their #6 and #7 rounders. Teams with six players will give up the #6 rounder. Everybody's rosters will have the same number of players beginning in round #8 (assuming no trades).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tight race so far:

3. Sammy3469 ---- Yes

8. Abraham ---------- No

3. Sammy3469 ---- Yes

8. Abraham ---------- No

13. Coyote5 ------------ Yes

14. No. 16 --------------- No

15. Scoobus ----------- ??

16. Slapdash ---------- No

Cliffs/link to what needs to be done for this?
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/711601-nba-bttf-iii-draft-over-war-of-attrition-underway/page-1#entry17142452

There's the first post from last season. Essentially, you draft/auction a team for the upcoming season. At the end of the season you create a team in a custom league on Whatifsports.com and we simulate the season. For many, it is an exercise in futility, but fun nevertheless. This year we're looking to add an auction component due to the potential relative advantage that getting a top pick presents.

Let me know if you have questions - we'd love to have you.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/711601-nba-bttf-iii-draft-over-war-of-attrition-underway/page-1#entry17142452

There's the first post from last season. Essentially, you draft/auction a team for the upcoming season. At the end of the season you create a team in a custom league on Whatifsports.com and we simulate the season. For many, it is an exercise in futility, but fun nevertheless. This year we're looking to add an auction component due to the potential relative advantage that getting a top pick presents.

This is the most polite and helpful you have ever been.

That's because I actually like Cliff.

Come on, nobody likes Cliff. What's the real reason?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/711601-nba-bttf-iii-draft-over-war-of-attrition-underway/page-1#entry17142452There's the first post from last season. Essentially, you draft/auction a team for the upcoming season. At the end of the season you create a team in a custom league on Whatifsports.com and we simulate the season. For many, it is an exercise in futility, but fun nevertheless. This year we're looking to add an auction component due to the potential relative advantage that getting a top pick presents.

Come on, nobody likes Cliff. What's the real reason?
We need to fill this up.

So my work has turned into a living hell this summer, which is why I haven't been around much. However, after not taking a vacation for two years I'm going to be off from the 28th through October 9th. If we can fit most of the draft/auction into that window, which seems where this is headed time-wise, I'll be happy to participate.

Would prefer no auction but it's not a deal killer.

3. Sammy3469 ---- Yes

8. Abraham ---------- No