What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cj Anderson era over. Hillman era has begun (1 Viewer)

Hillman has 12 rushes for 41 yards and 9 rushes for 34 yards in his two games. ZERO catches. Yeah, he's burning it up! He's replacing CJ next week and never looking back, baby!

Anderson looked fine when he could get downhill. Too bad the OL looks terrible.

I think it comes together over the next few weeks. New system, adapting to a QB that can't throw it more than 40 yards.

Still, Hillman is going to continue to share carries.

Amen, OP. Nothing says bell cow back like getting less than half the touches when the other guy is dinged up on a short week.

Lol having someone beginning an "era" while gaining 34 yards on the ground. both backs are generally running into a brick wall as soon as they get the hand off. Anderson can still be plenty productive even sharing time with Hillman if they get the offensive line fixed...

If only there was a thread where people were discussing Anderson in general, especially how Hillman and he relate... Good thing you made this one! Just to be safe fire up a new Hillman thread, then maybe a Denver O-line thread or two.

If only there was a thread where people were discussing Anderson in general, especially how Hillman and he relate... Good thing you made this one! Just to be safe fire up a new Hillman thread, then maybe a Denver O-line thread or two.
Nice job bumping it, so others can see it and keep it at the top. THANKS!

Nice job bumping it, so others can see it and keep it at the top. THANKS!
No problem chief, thanks for doing your part as well! We're dangerously low on repeated thread counts, hope we can get some more pronto.

This is an important topic though. A lot of wise fantasy owners invested a little in Hillman and are about to reap HUGE rewards.

Hillman will be a starting RB on a lot of championship teams this year.

CJ will be cited as the reason a lot of teams did not reach their potential (unless they were smart to draft Hillman as a backup).

IMO it's way too early to bury Anderson and expect Hillman to take over.

That said, Kubiak has no prior allegiance to either guy, so who knows which way this backfield will shake up. Could very well be some sort of RBBC until one guy takes command.

LMAO at people getting excited over Hillman just because he's outperforming Anderson, yet neither back has eclipsed 100 yards on the season or scored a TD.

Look folks, I'm not sold on either of these guys being overly fantasy relevant given how the Denver OL has played. Anyone who saw the game saw the graphic on how many OL they lost in the off-season. Neither guy is lighting it up. We've had a VERY small sample size thus far.

ETA - Not an owner of either in any league, but if you asked me which of the two I'd rather have it's Anderson...but if you asked me which of the two I'd rather "pay" the going rate for, it's Hillman.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO it's way too early to bury Anderson and expect Hillman to take over.

That said, Kubiak has no prior allegiance to either guy, so who knows which way this backfield will shake up. Could very well be some sort of RBBC until one guy takes command.
This. The line looks terrible. Both guys look like hell running behind it. To anoint Hillman the guy is crazy. He looked just as terrible.

I think it's worse than just one guy playing like crap. With both playing as such, and more importantly, Peyton not scaring anyone, I think this is a full blown RBBC. Not really Kubiak's MO, but he's got nobody in the backfield that looks halfway decent and that includes the QB

Users who are viewing this thread