What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

O'Shaughnessy (1 Viewer)

backup TE on a team with Alex Smith as the QB?
To be fair, it's not like Smith throws TDs to WRs anyway, so there are worse spots than TE for the Chiefs. Kid looked athletic, but probably not enough targets in this offense to make him relevant for redraft leagues. I'd be interested in a dynasty team with long benches.

This is dynasty. He was a 5th round pick by the Chiefs. He rapidly moved up the depth chart, he showed up in preseason, and there's something about Reid liking to use 2 TE sets.

This is a write-up by Waldman, which is on Outsiders and also RSP:

Tight End James O'Shaughnessy, Illinois StateThe cutups of the Redbirds' tight end are deceptively outstanding. Built like an H-back (6-foot-4, 245 pounds), O'Shaughnessy does what he's supposed to do against "small-school" competition:

• Beats defenders up the seam.
  • Makes receiver-like adjustments on deeper passes.
  • Breaks tackles and carries opponents for yards after contact.
  • Makes the first defender miss in the open field.
  • Gains position, punches, and drives defenders at the line and in the open field.
See for yourself. After 90 seconds you probably won't be overcome with the desire for your team to draft O'Shaughnessy. None of these plays are electrifying, until you put the Illinois State tight end's pro day into context of the tape.

"Shag" (a perfect nickname for a tight end) ran a 4.68-second 40, a 4.17-second 20-yard shuttle, and a 6.76-second 3-cone, and leaped 39 inches in the vertical jump. Shag's 40-time was the third-best for tight ends this year -- and it was his worst performance of these four drills.

The rest of these measurements take on a richer perspective when comparing them to the past decade of combine data. Since 2006, Shag's 20-shuttle is in the 93rd percentile of tight ends and his 3-cone and vertical are in the 97th percentile. NFL players who are within range of at least two of these three scores include Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Jordan Cameron, Virgil Green, Dennis Pitta, and Owen Daniels.

You're not watching a lesser athlete when you watch these cutups of O'Shaugnessy.

I'm looking forward to hearing about him this summer in an NFL camp. Meanwhile, this 28-minute compilation of cut-ups is sorted by receiving and blocking. Have fun.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2015/futures-deep-diving-small-school-sleepers

He includes this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=365&v=JhYfQJXNyjs

I don't know if he has re-draft value for this year but he showed up last night and like in preseason I thought he looked great.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is dynasty. He was a 5th round pick by the Chiefs. He rapidly moved up the depth chart, he showed up in preseason, and there's something about Reid liking to use 2 TE sets.

This is a write-up by Waldman, which is on Outsiders and also RSP:

Tight End James O'Shaughnessy, Illinois State

The cutups of the Redbirds' tight end are deceptively outstanding. Built like an H-back (6-foot-4, 245 pounds), O'Shaughnessy does what he's supposed to do against "small-school" competition:

• Beats defenders up the seam.
  • Makes receiver-like adjustments on deeper passes.
  • Breaks tackles and carries opponents for yards after contact.
  • Makes the first defender miss in the open field.
  • Gains position, punches, and drives defenders at the line and in the open field.
See for yourself. After 90 seconds you probably won't be overcome with the desire for your team to draft O'Shaughnessy. None of these plays are electrifying, until you put the Illinois State tight end's pro day into context of the tape."Shag" (a perfect nickname for a tight end) ran a 4.68-second 40, a 4.17-second 20-yard shuttle, and a 6.76-second 3-cone, and leaped 39 inches in the vertical jump. Shag's 40-time was the third-best for tight ends this year -- and it was his worst performance of these four drills.

The rest of these measurements take on a richer perspective when comparing them to the past decade of combine data. Since 2006, Shag's 20-shuttle is in the 93rd percentile of tight ends and his 3-cone and vertical are in the 97th percentile. NFL players who are within range of at least two of these three scores include Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Jordan Cameron, Virgil Green, Dennis Pitta, and Owen Daniels.

You're not watching a lesser athlete when you watch these cutups of O'Shaugnessy.

I'm looking forward to hearing about him this summer in an NFL camp. Meanwhile, this 28-minute compilation of cut-ups is sorted by receiving and blocking. Have fun.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2015/futures-deep-diving-small-school-sleepersHe includes this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=365&v=JhYfQJXNyjs

I don't know if he has re-draft value for this year but he showed up last night and like in preseason I thought he looked great.
Small college spotlight:

htthttps://youtu.be/iof7sfPhrwY

I'd not heard of him before last night. He definitely flashed.

Seems like a perfect taxi squad guy. Could produce nicely if Kelce were to miss time.

Drafted him late in a deep dynasty league this year. Plenty of roster spots to keep him around until he proves or disproves he can be fantasy relevant in the future. Kelce is signed through 2016. I can wait.

I saw this guy get picked up in three different dynasty waiver wire runs tonight. Is there some news that I'm missing? He's coming off a 1 catch for 2 yards game and as far as I can tell Kelce is healthy. What's up?

I saw this guy get picked up in three different dynasty waiver wire runs tonight. Is there some news that I'm missing? He's coming off a 1 catch for 2 yards game and as far as I can tell Kelce is healthy. What's up?
Someone told him that DeAndre Levy was after his lucky charms, so he's motivated this week. Big time.

Users who are viewing this thread