What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Laquon Treadwell, SEA (1 Viewer)

2016 NFL Draft Picks to Watch: Robert Nkemdiche & Laquon Treadwell

Excerpt:

Laquon Treadwell, junior WR: Coming off a nasty injury, he’s looked sharp so far this season. Then again, the entire Rebels team has, topping 70 against cupcakes each of the first two weeks. The Tide secondary did a decent job against him last year (five catches, 55 yards and a TD), but streaky Bo Wallace is gone, replaced by a better QB in Chad Kelly. Treadwell is a 1st round talent, and this feels like a great spot for a big game on the road in front a massive TV audience at night. Given the SEC pedigree and the high school hype, I watch him and think AJ Green and Julio Jones. He’s a bit shorter than they are, though (6-foot-2).

Laquon Treadwell was tackled, which is a good thing for his NFL Draft stock

Rotoworld:

Laquon Treadwell: Treadwell shows rust but retains athleticism
Laquon Treadwell - WR - MS - Sep. 6 - 9:57 pm etIn his return, Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell showed that he "still possesses the burst, agility and confidence," CBS Sports' Rob Rang wrote.

"While athletically-speaking Treadwell looked good, he did show some rust, allowing a very catchable pass to simply slip through his hands on a 4th down conversion attempt in the third quarter," Rang added. The 6-foot-2, 212-pound Treadwell had four catches for 44 yards in a 76-3 blowout win over Tennessee-Martin. "In a strange kind of way," Freeze said before the game. "I'm looking forward to seeing him get tackled." Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl compares him to Dez Bryant.

Sep. 6 - 9:57 pm et
Source: CBS Sports

Last edited by a moderator:
Was wondering when some of the 2016 prospect threads would start appearing. :thumbup:

This WR class doesn't seem as stout as the last 2 years'. I'd say the top 3 right now would be Treadwell, Boyd, and Doctson in that order. Does that seem about right?

Too early to say IMO. Not a big Boyd fan myself. He's not huge and isn't expected to run blazing times at the combine. I don't see how he's going to consistently win against NFL corners. I will take a long look at him before reaching a final verdict though.

One guy to keep an eye on is Treadwell's teammate Damore'ea Stringfellow. Ten cent head, but has the physical talent to potentially be an NFL prospect.

Corey Coleman is probably gonna put up huge numbers at Baylor and could be a 2nd-4th rounder.

There will be late-risers. There always are. At the moment I'm not in love with this WR class though.

De'Runnya Wilson is still a good bet I think. And on top of his size and RZ ability it turns out he's also a beast blocking which NFL teams will love. Not sure about his off field stuff that cropped up a few months ago.

Another WR name to remember for 2016: Will Fuller from Notre Dame.

Guy has been dynamite so far this year and looks like a pretty legit athlete. Not huge, but fluid.

I guess his name is too simple to be good though. Let's call him De'Willyius Fuller

I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies from watching Treadwell. Will be a great possession receiver but anyone who was thinking he'd be the next link in the obviously elite WR prospect (visible from years out) chain that went Watkins--Cooper--? ...Well I think you're going to be massively disappointed. I don't think that guy exists right now, we've got a WR talent lull on our hands. Hope you loaded up the last couple seasons in your leagues, because as the current elite group ages and the next tier moves up, they'll be untouchable.

I thought Treadwell looked pretty explosive before his injury last year, but I didnt think he was considered a top tier NFL prospect. Whadda'ya Know.

Only caught bits and pieces of the Ole Miss-Bama game last weekend so no comment on how he looks post injury.

I thought Treadwell looked pretty explosive before his injury last year, but I didnt think he was considered a top tier NFL prospect. Whadda'ya Know.

Only caught bits and pieces of the Ole Miss-Bama game last weekend so no comment on how he looks post injury.
There's a mindset in devy leagues where people just want the next big name prospect to carry on where a series of previous guys have left off. If you were to poll devy owners a few months ago the "top tier future WR studs you can see from a mile off" would have easily been linked like this for many: Watkins--Cooper--Treadwell--Dupre.

But obviously it doesn't work like that. Sometimes it does, but Treadwell to me, based on how he's looking now, isn't fit to occupy the shadows of Watkins/Cooper at this point.

There's a mindset in devy leagues where people just want the next big name prospect to carry on where a series of previous guys have left off. If you were to poll devy owners a few months ago the "top tier future WR studs you can see from a mile off" would have easily been linked like this for many: Watkins--Cooper--Treadwell--Dupre.

But obviously it doesn't work like that. Sometimes it does, but Treadwell to me, based on how he's looking now, isn't fit to occupy the shadows of Watkins/Cooper at this point.
That's a very early view, no? He is coming from a vicious broken leg. No guarantee either way, but pre-injury was considered in the same class as the above.

Can't wait for this guy to get to the NFL. I think he is going to be an elite, pending where he lands.

I guess I see some things that some of the above don't agree with but I think he might be one of the next great ones.

When I watch him, I think "this guy could have been Andre Johnson's kid brother".

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Laquon Treadwell - WR - Rebels

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell caught eight passes for 135 yards in Saturday's 27-16 win over Vanderbilt.

Treadwell failed to reach the end zone, but consistently picked up nice chunks of yardage in averaging 16.9 YPC. While he's only scored one touchdown this season, his numbers are trending in the right direction. He opened the year with 44 receiving yards and has subsequent logged 73, 80 and 135 yards in the Rebels' last three games. Last weekend, the 6-foot-2, 229-pound junior was compared to former Oklahoma State standout and current Cowboy Dez Bryant by ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit. Those in DFS formats shouldn't give up on Treadwell even though he's started somewhat slowly this season. The numbers are coming along and we like him to start stringing together some big efforts as the season rolls along. Ole Miss hits the road to face Florida next week.

Sep 27 - 1:09 AM

This is all that matters as you know. It's all about perception and value.

There's a mindset in devy leagues where people just want the next big name prospect to carry on where a series of previous guys have left off. If you were to poll devy owners a few months ago the "top tier future WR studs you can see from a mile off" would have easily been linked like this for many: Watkins--Cooper--Treadwell--Dupre.But obviously it doesn't work like that. Sometimes it does, but Treadwell to me, based on how he's looking now, isn't fit to occupy the shadows of Watkins/Cooper at this point.
This is all that matters as you know. It's all about perception and value.
Absolutely---as long as you capitalize on it if you start to feel any doubts. Holding guys like Watkins and Evans turned out to be great decisions for their owners. Marquise Lee, not so much. Now Treadwell isn't Lee, but his owners have to be careful to make sure that if his name ever starts to lose that elite value, they cash it in before it's too late.

Rotoworld:

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell will be matched up across from Florida's Vernon Hargreaves III on Saturday.

Treadwell started out a bit slowly this fall but his production has ramped up week by week. He had 44 receiving yards in the opener and then logged 73, 80 and 135 yards in the Rebels' last three games. "These matchups don't always materialize as you would hope," warned ESPN's Mel Kiper of the Hargreaves showcase. "Florida could show a lot of zone. Ole Miss could move Treadwell around to limit the matchup. The Rebels could use some bunch formations to make this less of a one-on-one. Still, you have the potential for two top-10 talents going head-to-head, and it'll play a big role in whether the Rebels are able to consistently move the ball through the air."

Source: ESPN
Sep 30 - 4:21 PM

Rotoworld:

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell caught 14 passes for 144 yards and a touchdown in the school's 24-37 loss to Memphis.

The junior also threw a 68 yard touchdown pass. Treadwell dominates college corners after the catch, using his size to absorb contact and stiff arm opponents for extra yards. He does have too many drops this season, but that figure might be corrected down the stretch. Treadwell is a very good receiver prospect.

Oct 17 - 3:49 PM

Rotoworld:

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell caught seven passes for 114 yards and a touchdown Saturday against Auburn.

In his return from last year's devastating injury, Treadwell took a while to get going. But he's back to being the Laquon we know and love. He's averaging over 112 yards per game over his last six games and has 39 of his 61 catches over Ole Miss' last six. The 6-foot-2, 229-pound Treadwell is one of the best receiving prospects in the country.

Oct 31 - 4:58 PM

Rotoworld:

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler describes Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell as a "less dynamic version" of Dez Bryant, and has him going to the Cowboys with the No. 9 pick in his latest mock draft.

"While Dez Bryant is the No. 1 target, the Cowboys don't have a true No. 2 threat on the outside to help take attention off Bryant or fill his shoes if he's out. Treadwell, who is a less dynamic version of Bryant, would give Dallas a formidable receiver duo," Brugler wrote. The 6-foot-2, 229-pound Treadwell has got his mojo back, as he's hauled in 61 passes for 870 yards, with 6 touchdowns on the season. The Ole Miss prospect is one of the most physically gifted receivers in the nation, and should be high on WR-needy teams' draft boards come April.

Source: CBS Sports

Nov 3 - 3:59 PM
Finally 100-percent healthy, Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell is, per NFL.com's Bucky Brooks, "starting to dominate games on the perimeter in a way that forces the NFL to take notice."

Treadwell caught seven passes for 114 yards and a touchdown Saturday against Auburn, "exhibiting soft hands and spectacular ball skills in traffic," according to Brooks. The 6-foot-2, 210-pounder has scored a touchdown in four straight games. "Treadwell is a classic possession receiver capable of doing the dirty work between the hashes and delivering game-changing plays in the red zone," Brooks wrote. "Treadwell's stock is definitely on the rise for teams looking for a big-bodied pass-catcher to anchor the passing game."

Source: NFL.com

Nov 3 - 3:40 PM

Rotoworld:

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell caught seven passes for 132 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's wild 53-32 OT loss to Arkansas.

The 6-foot-2, 229-pound Treadwell is one of the hottest players in college football. He's caught at least five passes for 100 yards and a touchdown in five straight games. Even at sky-high price points, he needs to be considered in DFS every single week.

Nov 7 - 8:33 PM

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell states that "it's easy" to stay focused on the team with talk of the NFL Draft, according to The Clarion-Ledger's Daniel Paulling.

""It’s easy (to stay focused on the team with talk of the NFL Draft)," Treadwell told The Clarion-Ledger." "If you love the team enough, you’ll do it. I love my guys just as much as I love myself. You’ve got to play for your brothers. We’re in this together. We win together, we lose together. I told the coaches I’m going to do my best this whole season and push these guys to be their best every day. That’s what we’ll continue to do." The first round talent has been on a tear as of late, with at least five passes for 100 yards and a touchdown in five straight games. The big-bodied pass catcher should be high on the boards of WR-needy teams in the first round.

Source: The Clarion-Ledger

Nov 11 - 3:36 PM

Rotoworld:

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell caught four passes for 58 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 38-17 win over LSU.

Treadwell entered Saturday's action working on a streak of five consecutive games with at least 100 yards receiving. That streak was snapped, but he did catch his eighth touchdown of the season when Chad Kelly found him for an 11-yard score shortly before halftime. The 6-foot-2, 229-pound junior's working with a receiving line of 72-1059-8 through 11 contests completed.

Nov 21 - 8:26 PM

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell said he doesn’t think "he has anything else to prove in college" but added he’s "still in the air" about the NFL Draft.

NFL Network reporter Rand Getlin reported a few days ago that Treadwell is leaning towards the draft. It's smart of him to keep his options open, of course. ESPN’s Mark Schlabach reports Treadwell will wait until after the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1 to make a decision. "I wasn’t 100 percent (after suffering a leg injury last year)," Treadwell said. "If I’d been back 100 percent, I might have put up twice the production." Heading into bowl season, Treadwell has 76 receptions for 1,082 yards (14.2 yards per catch) and eight touchdowns.

Source: Mark Schlabach on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Ole Miss junior WR Laquon Treadwell caught six passes for 71 yards and three touchdowns in Friday's 48-20 win over Oklahoma State in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

Treadwell ended up third on the team in receiving yardage for the contest, but he caught three of QB Chad Kelly's four touchdown passes. The 6-foot-2, 229-pound junior hauled in a 34-yarder down the left sideline with 11:24 remaining in the second quarter, then followed it up with a 10-yard scoring catch on a slant about five minutes later. Treadwell would cap off the evening with a 14-yard score shortly after the fourth quarter commenced. He finishes the 2015 campaign with 82 catches for 1,153 yards and 11 touchdowns. Simply fantastic work given the potentially career-ending leg injury he suffered last season. Treadwell has yet to decide whether he'll enter the 2016 NFL Draft. He'll need to make a choice one way or another by January 18. Should he throw his name into the next-level ring, he figures to be one of the first wideouts off the board this spring.

Jan 2 - 12:27 AM

Miles ahead of Tyler Boyd IMO. Should be interesting to hear some debates on those 2 going forward.

Miles ahead of Tyler Boyd IMO. Should be interesting to hear some debates on those 2 going forward.
That's really going to be a debate? I think he's clearly the #1 WR in the class and clearly the #2 player in fantasy drafts, well at least before factoring in landing spots.

That's really going to be a debate? I think he's clearly the #1 WR in the class and clearly the #2 player in fantasy drafts, well at least before factoring in landing spots.
Clearly at least #2, but I think he'll go #1 in a lot. I'm thinking Treadwell over Elliott where I have #1.

Yes, agree with last two comments, phrased my comment wrong.

It's a two horse race this year for top two spots.

Cooper and Gurley were top two picks in most drafts last year but I saw several were people took Kevin White or Gordon over them. This draft is going to be like last years but without a White or Gordon type jumping into top two from time to time. I don't consider Elliot the equal to Gurley(though I'd concede he's close enough that on a better offense he might rate higher as a fantasy player) or Treadwell the equal to Cooper but this thing looks like Cooper vs Gurley part two.

Guess I've been reading the wrong posts that some people think those 2 are close. I have clearly as the #1 WR this year as well.

Users who are viewing this thread