What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I made a video blog (1 Viewer)

Assani Fisher

Footballguy
My first video blog, topics include DraftKings' Boston/Miami vacation, the worst day of my career, RayOfHope's recent tweet, & the upcoming FanDuel $26.5K.
https://vimeo.com/139825263

I'm attempting to make a living off DFS and have decided to vlog about it. I welcome any comments, feedback, questions, etc. And I would be glad to answer any questions from the community in a future vlog post.

Good stuff. I think its hard for the average player to understand how someone like you views the game, but stuff like this can help.

Also, I agree with on the $1 game thing. If you are good at this, why would you not take advantage of every edge you have until the sites tell you can't? The idea that players should self-police is absurd in my opinion.

Good stuff. I thought it was interesting. I know nothing about you from the boards here, so keep that in mind with my thoughts.

Would be interested in more about your personal background. Where you are from, teams, if any, or if you have no loyalties in sports or maybe you are completely objective 100% of the time when it comes to DFS. It can be hard to overcome personal biases in fantasy sports.

Do you play season long fantasy at all? Just DFS? Any sports you stay away from completely? How many sites do you play on?

Very interested about the bankroll management aspect of "professional" DFS player. How do you pay yourself? I am not talking about numbers, but more of "do you take a specific sum out each week, or do you take a percentage of winnings? What happens if you don't win that week? You are talking about losing more than the median annual income for many people in the blink of an eye, so other than being sad, how does that affect your lifestyle?

Turn on your AC and get a coaster. I know this seems like little stuff, and maybe you were nervous, but the glass clanking on your computer top and the pit sweat was easy targets for improvement to an overall better outcome. Silly, sure, but hey, you asked.

I liked the enthusiasm and the range of emotion you take us through as you recount specific points as a player. But, how about the feeling when you won some good money, even though it was 3rd? How do you go back and analyze your decision making knowing that you made a bad lineup decision(in any event, not just specifically that example)? I also had VJAX in some lineups, and I had my own analysis after the fact for why it was a bad play (when so many thought it was a good play). Could you have seen that if you had scrutinized the decision more before hand? Also, the Martin/VJax anti-stack, knowing it was generally a bad play, seemed ok because you were ahead... would you do that again, or hedge a little better next time?

How did you get better? You said you didn't even like or know anything about golf, and now you are playing heads up for large amounts. Maybe you don't want to give away too many secrets, but I find it interesting. How much time do you put in for research? Do you follow the sports themselves or just find advice, stats, plays online?

Just some thoughts I have. If I were an aspiring professional DFS player or a casual DFS player, which I assume is your target audience, then these are things I would find interesting. Overall, I am glad you put that up, and even if you never do another one, thanks for taking the time.

Enjoyed that

Fascinating that you have such a bankroll to play DFS. I remember the poker thread and...been a long time. Nice to see you having some success even if ya lost some.

Ya know man...you weren't that good at FF a million years ago. Really probably someone that would be a perfect example of FBG making them better. I love it, kudos so interesting

how do you enter 1000 lineups? is there an app?

Also why not create some shmoo account then recommend yourself on another site for the referral $? Is that allowed?

600k points...what is that 100k invested?

Can you give ballpark figure without uncomfy prying stuff?

Good stuff. I thought it was interesting. I know nothing about you from the boards here, so keep that in mind with my thoughts.

Would be interested in more about your personal background. Where you are from, teams, if any, or if you have no loyalties in sports or maybe you are completely objective 100% of the time when it comes to DFS. It can be hard to overcome personal biases in fantasy sports.

Do you play season long fantasy at all? Just DFS? Any sports you stay away from completely? How many sites do you play on?

Very interested about the bankroll management aspect of "professional" DFS player. How do you pay yourself? I am not talking about numbers, but more of "do you take a specific sum out each week, or do you take a percentage of winnings? What happens if you don't win that week? You are talking about losing more than the median annual income for many people in the blink of an eye, so other than being sad, how does that affect your lifestyle?

Turn on your AC and get a coaster. I know this seems like little stuff, and maybe you were nervous, but the glass clanking on your computer top and the pit sweat was easy targets for improvement to an overall better outcome. Silly, sure, but hey, you asked.

I liked the enthusiasm and the range of emotion you take us through as you recount specific points as a player. But, how about the feeling when you won some good money, even though it was 3rd? How do you go back and analyze your decision making knowing that you made a bad lineup decision(in any event, not just specifically that example)? I also had VJAX in some lineups, and I had my own analysis after the fact for why it was a bad play (when so many thought it was a good play). Could you have seen that if you had scrutinized the decision more before hand? Also, the Martin/VJax anti-stack, knowing it was generally a bad play, seemed ok because you were ahead... would you do that again, or hedge a little better next time?

How did you get better? You said you didn't even like or know anything about golf, and now you are playing heads up for large amounts. Maybe you don't want to give away too many secrets, but I find it interesting. How much time do you put in for research? Do you follow the sports themselves or just find advice, stats, plays online?

Just some thoughts I have. If I were an aspiring professional DFS player or a casual DFS player, which I assume is your target audience, then these are things I would find interesting. Overall, I am glad you put that up, and even if you never do another one, thanks for taking the time.
Thanks for the feedback, will try to answer some of these questions in future vlogs.

Have you given up live poker completely for DFS?
yea, will probably still play WSOP Main Event and a handful of WSOP events each year though

how do you enter 1000 lineups? is there an app?

Also why not create some shmoo account then recommend yourself on another site for the referral $? Is that allowed?
I use FantasyCruncher, there are a few different ones out there

I checked it out until you talked about getting high.
What specifically bothered you about this? I'm very health conscious specifically as it relates to aiding my mental acuity, as I need to be able to make optimal decisions suddenly in order to be successful in DFS. For example, in NBA there is often late-breaking injury news 2 or 3 minutes before a game starts and you have to make key decisions with that new information before the game starts.

I cut out all processed foods and sugars, I eat plenty of lean meats and veggies, I do yoga and meditation often, and I only use natural drugs which I believe aid my thought process in these crucial moments.

I'm especially surprised that you brought up getting high but ignored all of the alcohol consumption I mentioned. The alcohol was the biggest hindrance to my DFS ability on that trip(although I made sure to not be drinking during the crucial moments). Weed was a huge boost for me, and had we not been able to find some I'm not sure I would've done as well at DFS that weekend. I often times will make lineups without weed, smoke, and then re-think my lineups while high. I find this process to be very helpful.

600k points...what is that 100k invested?

Can you give ballpark figure without uncomfy prying stuff?
Rotogrinders rankings are based upon your $ won total, not including entry fees paid. In other words, it counts your wins but not your losses. It then puts it through some system whereby you're rewarded for # of contests as well(i.e. Winning 5000 $1 contests is worth way more than winning one $5000 contest). For the most part, its still a good ranking system in that if your total $ won is top 10 on the site then you're most likely a winning player overall. But its definitely possible that some huge whale would be on the list simply due to how high stakes hes willing to play. Its also a lifetime ranking, so the people who were around for multiple years are a bit overrated by it. My $ won total is just under $4.6 million, but again thats pretty irrelevant info if you don't subtract my losses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see you, MT, and DD debate some things. Granted it'd be like spanish to me but if it's like the poker thread it'd be great

I'd like to see you, MT, and DD debate some things. Granted it'd be like spanish to me but if it's like the poker thread it'd be great
Along with Sigmund Bloom, those 2 are the guys whose opinions I respect the most in the world of fantasy football. I'd love to do any sort of podcast or media with them. With that said, I think our debates would be somewhat tame in that we would most likely defer to each other's area of expertise. For example when it comes to projecting NFL players, I would have very little of value to add to a discussion between the 3 of them.

Does the DFS guys ever sell stakes of themselves like they do in poker?
Yes. In the recent $26.5K GPP I had 39% of myself, sold/swapped 60% to close friends at face value, and auctioned off 1% on the Rotogrinders forum(sold for $295 for a $265 piece). I had 100% of myself in the $12.5K the week before, and thats probably near the limit of what I'll play having 100% of myself at this point in time.

Good stuff. I think its hard for the average player to understand how someone like you views the game, but stuff like this can help.

Also, I agree with on the $1 game thing. If you are good at this, why would you not take advantage of every edge you have until the sites tell you can't? The idea that players should self-police is absurd in my opinion.
I agree with both of these thoughts. First, I really liked it; I thought you did a great job and it was an interesting listen. That said, for someone just starting out in dfs as I am, I definitely wasn't getting some of the terminology, but got the gist.

However, I agree on your stance with the $1 games; you have to take advantage of the rules, especially if these games are soft as you maintain.

Hey is that your voice in commercial? "It's like the best rush ever"

Assani text in lower left?

Just checked both of the videos out - thanks for putting these together, Assani.

As a new player, I have no problem with you playing $1 and $2 cash games. I'm keeping to the 100 man 50/50s and the largest field Double Ups I can find. I'm confident that for every shark playing those stakes, there's exponentially more fish - and I just need to be better than half. Plus, I'd like to think that if this DFS grinding thing works out well for me, that I would never get too greedy to pass up on playing the highest EV+ games, regardless of the stakes or the expected competition.

Keep it up and please post the link to the vlog once you get it rolling with RG.

I saw you and the condia guy you mentioned with some $10k h2h already set for next week....crazy money...good luck

One of your peers wrecked me tonight. 228 points at DK and I didn't get squat. Scroll thru the guys ahead of me-all tied and it looks like an old time movie or I'm gonna have a seizure or somesuch. 50? or 100? of one guy then another guy with a ton too.

Hey Assani,

I remember following your poker thread years ago. Glad to see you are killing it in the DFS space.

Was curious about a few things (if it is cool to ask):

1) Which DFS sites do you use the most? (FD, DK, etc?)

2) Which sports do you play?

3) And which sites do you like for help in projecting lineups for each sport? I know there are so many now. I just don't know which are considered the "reliable" ones.

Thanks!!

I play on both of the 2 big ones(DK, FD). My main sports are NBA and NFL, but I play literally everything except eSports. I recommend FBGs, and I'm not just saying that because we're on this message board....they are great. I also use RotoGrinders a lot.

Been doing the quarter leagues (no bankroll like you) with a large number of entries.

Last week-made a bunch of very different lineups and did very well.

This week, I started with my favorite lineup then replaced a player, submit, replaced a player, submit...this didn't work as well.

The guys I saw last week that put 50 lineups of the same players- you're either dead wrong or ridin' high I guess. I didn't think this was the way to go.

How do you manage 50 lineups or 100 lineups or somesuch?

Very cool story.

Wondering why Drew Rosenhaus is being interviewed in the vid above.
Probably because he is the shark of all sharks when it comes to being an Agent. He is more than likely going to try and find a way for his clients to get a cut of the profit.... Companies use his clients name to generate interest in games, individuals place wagers on said clients. Said clients perform, money is raked and kept within the companies. Rosenhaus is looking for anyway to add to his bottom line.

Good stuff. I'm interested in hearing more about your thoughts on spiritually without religion, and how yoga fits into that (though the DFS vlog may not be the right place to elaborate).

When I started playing poker, I started with full-ring, fixed-limit holdem, and I stuck with mostly just that for a long time. Eventually, when I started playing some stud games and high-low split games and big-bet games and short-handed or heads-up games, certain concepts became clearer to me that are relevant to fixed-limit holdem, but are more important in those other games, and therefore easier to learn in those other games. My holdem game improved when I studied other games.

Do you think the same thing is true in DFS? I've only played NFL so far (with a little CFB thrown in). Are there concepts applicable to NFL that are much easier to internalize by playing MLB or NBA or something else?

I am curious, did you ever bet on sports in Vegas? With your bankroll and knowledge of fantasy I am sure you could be profitable there.

Ned said:
earlier he said he used fantasy cruncher
FC has an option to physically input the lineups onto the DFS sites? I didn't see that in their demo.
Haven't tried. Just relaying from post above

FC has an option to physically input the lineups onto the DFS sites? I didn't see that in their demo.
yes, you export the teams to the site and they all appear under your "my lineups" page. Then you just go to main lobby and enter the Sunday Million and hit the "enter all teams" button.

Good stuff. I'm interested in hearing more about your thoughts on spiritually without religion, and how yoga fits into that (though the DFS vlog may not be the right place to elaborate).

When I started playing poker, I started with full-ring, fixed-limit holdem, and I stuck with mostly just that for a long time. Eventually, when I started playing some stud games and high-low split games and big-bet games and short-handed or heads-up games, certain concepts became clearer to me that are relevant to fixed-limit holdem, but are more important in those other games, and therefore easier to learn in those other games. My holdem game improved when I studied other games.

Do you think the same thing is true in DFS? I've only played NFL so far (with a little CFB thrown in). Are there concepts applicable to NFL that are much easier to internalize by playing MLB or NBA or something else?
Yea, I'm definitely interested in all spiritual topics....everything from meditation to drug experimentation to reading authors such as Sam Harris- I think an honest and open look at these topics is a fascinating thing.

I specifically have played sport I know nothing about in order to train my overall DFS skills, in the hopes that when I come back to the sport I truly know best(NBA) it will make me that much better. Theres definitely a lot to be learned by trying different sports imo, each one has it's own nuances which can help change the way you think about things overall.

Users who are viewing this thread