What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hamilton - Broadway musical streaming (1 Viewer)

Funny, guy at work mentioned this to me yesterday. It's sold out on Broadway until next Fall, and tickets are like 200 a pop on stubhub for the cheap seats.

I'm heading to NY in a week or so and the wife wanted to see a show. I had never heard of Hamilton until I started researching shows. Crazy how much it's taken off.

We decided to go see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City instead but it was a close call.

When I was in New York this summer, Obama had Times Square baracaded off so his entourage could go see the Hamilton.

I'm heading to NY in a week or so and the wife wanted to see a show. I had never heard of Hamilton until I started researching shows. Crazy how much it's taken off.

We decided to go see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City instead but it was a close call.
He's the guy on the $10 bill, mook.

I'll be in NY in November.  Called the box office and the show is sold out through February 2017.  Stub Hub tickets are $500-1000 for orchestra seats, mid $300 range for back of rear mezzanine.  I'm thinking of using a line stander in order to get tickets.  Line standers charge $20/hour, but they get in line for same-day ticket releases (there's always a few released) early so that they will get the tickets are face value.  Face value of the ticket, plus the $200 paid to the line stander still gets a good price on the ticket, and the location of day-of released tickets is usually good (I've read the are orchestra, rows J & K).

Does anybody have experience with using line sitters.

Beyond words awesome 

The energy of the crowd is something I have never experienced at a show. They go wild for the first appearances of Lin Manuel Miranda and Jonathan Groff.

The songs are addictive and the talent of the cast is just off the charts. Eliza, Angelica, and Aaron Burr were true standouts. 

I want to go back again immediately but know that won't happen for a good long while. Really glad I got to see it once with the original cast though. Because I imagine casting people will be lined up around the block to get these guys in their show. 

Beyond words awesome 

The energy of the crowd is something I have never experienced at a show. They go wild for the first appearances of Lin Manuel Miranda and Jonathan Groff.

The songs are addictive and the talent of the cast is just off the charts. Eliza, Angelica, and Aaron Burr were true standouts. 

I want to go back again immediately but know that won't happen for a good long while. Really glad I got to see it once with the original cast though. Because I imagine casting people will be lined up around the block to get these guys in their show. 
Do you know if original cast will be there come September? 

I'll fly up earlier for this if needed. 

Do you know if original cast will be there come September? 

I'll fly up earlier for this if needed. 
There has been speculation that we could see some turnover in August as that would be right around the 1 year mark. Nothing confirmed yet that I've seen however. 

If you can not get tickets to Hamilton go see Something Rotten.  Both are great.  Something Rotten mocks Broadway musicals and "The Bard".  Never seen a Broadway crowd laugh so hard. 

16 Tony nominations. Wow. 

I can't listen to It's Quiet Uptown without getting the chills. 

If anyone has an Amex Platinum card, the Concierge service has tickets from February through May 2017 at face value. I got a pair for March and a pair for May, rows B/C in Orchestra for $199/each. 

Supposedly Ticketmaster is also releasing some tickets for those same months Sunday night. 

It will be interesting to see who replaces Miranda. I'm not a Broadway guy but I imagine a lot of big names - whoever they are - would love the role. Oddly enough, I know the guy (not well) who is currently the understudy so it would be cool if he gets the bump.

Sweeping the Tony Awards so far as expected. 

Cast has not performed yet if anyone is looking for a live look. 

sorry - very busy at work and just jumped on here quickly as a heads up. 

rusf nailed the link.

i got wed 8/9/17 at 8 pm and there were ample seats left in rear mezz. good luck!

If anyone has an Amex Platinum card, the Concierge service has tickets from February through May 2017 at face value. I got a pair for March and a pair for May, rows B/C in Orchestra for $199/each. 

Supposedly Ticketmaster is also releasing some tickets for those same months Sunday night. 

It will be interesting to see who replaces Miranda. I'm not a Broadway guy but I imagine a lot of big names - whoever they are - would love the role. Oddly enough, I know the guy (not well) who is currently the understudy so it would be cool if he gets the bump.
fwiw, I tried the amex thing... but a day later than your post. only thing available were the ticketmaster things for more than 800 per, orchestra but not good seats.

and I was not too happy with amex- I never got the notification about the sale- only heard about from your post.

ok- clicked on that link, but nothing specifically amex...

orchestra seats are 849 per? this just gets me the opportunity to pay $1700 to see a broadway show? or is there some other, non-insane, price I'm missing. how much are mezzanine tickets?

NajehHejan said:
sorry - very busy at work and just jumped on here quickly as a heads up. 

rusf nailed the link.

i got wed 8/9/17 at 8 pm and there were ample seats left in rear mezz. good luck!
Good lookin out. :thumbup:  Picked up 4 tix in June for Xmas presents. Everything we pretty much sold out except the weekday 2:00pm shows. Can't say I really know much about it, but my daughters are going to absolutely go ape-#### when they get them.

PS - Mezzanine tickets were like $200ea

PSS - any bootleg streaming links still around for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to a bunch of this. I don't get the hype.
I've listened to some and seen some videos- I also am not getting the "best ever" hype. but it's pretty consistent and from people who've actually seen it whose opinions I trust. so... :shrug:  ... if I don't have to choose between paying the rent or feeding the kids and 2 tickets to a show, I'd like to see it.

Gonna be a lot Miranda-free shows in those '17 Hamiltons, if that matters. My cousin just left for London to scout locations for his Mary Poppins Returns, in which Lin-Manuel will be playing the equivalent of the #### Van Dyke part.

Gonna be a lot Miranda-free shows in those '17 Hamiltons, if that matters. My cousin just left for London to scout locations for his Mary Poppins Returns, in which Lin-Manuel will be playing the equivalent of the #### Van Dyke part.
He's gone now. The new guy is great though. 

yeah- Miranda and another supposedly amazing co-star both left in June, IIRC. prompting mayhem and 5digit ticket prices for those last shows.

yeah- Miranda and another supposedly amazing co-star both left in June, IIRC. prompting mayhem and 5digit ticket prices for those last shows.
The original actors for Lafayette/Jefferson, Burr, and Angelica Schuyler all left over the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread