What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Josh Doctson - WR - Redskins (1 Viewer)

bud29

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
Outside of football stats, he is a very classy and upstanding player. Always posting how lucky he is to be where he's at in life, works hard in and out of practice. Walked on at TCU because his mom worked their as an employee.

Doctson can go up and get it. A big body with a really high catch point with great hands. Faster than he looks for a big guy and runs great routes. Put on some weight/muscle in the offseason and it has not seemed to slow him down one bit.

Boykin does not always throw a perfect ball, and if you watch some Doctson highlights you'll see him make great adjustments to come back to the ball and make a play with a defender on him.

Rotoworld:

Josh Doctson - WR - Horned Frogs

ESPN's Todd McShay "came away extremely impressed" from watching TCU senior WR Josh Doctson up close over the weekend.

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Doctson caught seven passes for 129 yards against Texas and has 567 yards in his past three games. "He's the best wide receiver I've seen this season at attacking the ball in the air. Doctson showed his elite body control on a beautiful first-quarter touchdown pass against Texas, when he went high in the air and managed to get his feet in bounds in the corner of the end zone," McShay wrote.

Source: ESPN Insider

Oct 6 - 8:44 PM

6'4" 190? Sheesh. That's like Ashley Lelie skinny
Not that it makes that much of a difference, but he put on some muscle this summer and is currently listed at 195#. 5 pounds of muscle is a lot if that's the difference, but still tall and skinny.

Looks wise, he reminds me of AJ Green. And before everyone jumps down my throat, I don't mean he is as good as AJ Green. I just mean out on the field he physically looks like him body wise. And, yes I know Green has more than 10# on him.

I saw him live, dude is a monster! The media will be catching up to him soon and the hype is coming.

He reminds me more of Randy Moss than AJ Green, just not as fast as Moss.

Tex

I'm thinking he has potential to be the 1st WR off the board in April. Already solidly in the top 5 of this WR class, and projected to be a combine stud which always helps (perhaps more than it should.)

With the 32nd pick of the 2016 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select... Josh Doctson... Wide Receiver, Texas Christian University.

#amancandream

8 for 155 and 2 TDs including the game winner. He can't hide for much longer.
He was clutch, in both the game winner and the huge 7-yard 2 point conversion. I really thought Boykin needed to feed him more in the middle of the game, as Doctson seemed to be the one WR who was constantly overwhelming the opposing CB.

He's definitely getting some well-deserved recognition now, commentators for the Cal-Utah game just talked about how he could be the best WR in college football.

8 for 155 and 2 TDs including the game winner. He can't hide for much longer.
He was clutch, in both the game winner and the huge 7-yard 2 point conversion. I really thought Boykin needed to feed him more in the middle of the game, as Doctson seemed to be the one WR who was constantly overwhelming the opposing CB. He's definitely getting some well-deserved recognition now, commentators for the Cal-Utah game just talked about how he could be the best WR in college football.
Agreed. He was never really "stopped" in the game tonight and their DBs were small. Feed him till they stop it. 1st TD was anothe great grab and 2 point conversion was clutch.

Rotoworld take:

TCU senior WR Josh Doctson caught eight passes for 155 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 52-45 win over Kansas State.
Doctson caught the 55-yard, game-winning touchdown pass with 1:40 remaining in the contest. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound senior's logged 877 yards and 10 touchdowns through six games, which works out to an impressive average of 146 receiving yards per contest. He's already surpassed last season's touchdown total. 2014's 959 receiving yards should fall by the wayside against Iowa State next week, too, unless Doctson's arms detach from his body. Or the Cyclones find themselves a defense. Either way.

Oct 11 - 12:22 AM

WVU defense is a little battered, but still a solid squad. Was great to see him perform at a high level tonight. The kid can ball and make all the catches. Always gets two feet in bounds as well, even when he doesn't need to.

His first TD was a sick move to open space on tight coverage where Boykin released the ball while Doctson was covered up.

Second TD was a nice slant inside.

He's looking fairly matchup proof when it comes to college defenders. We'll see what OSU throws at him next week.

Just works hard and has a great had on his shoulders.

My favorite part about watching this guy play is that he never does too much gloating or celebrating. Gets up after making a 50+ yard catch, tosses the ball to the ref, and lines up at the line of scrimmage for the next play.

How much of Doctson's success this year is Boykin? That guy was on a different level last night.
Zero, Doctson had an NEW caliber CB covering him most of the night and he still scored twice. The way he separated himself from the CB on that TD in the right corner was all him. I've watched that TD 6 times and I still don't know how he did it.

Don't over think this.

Tex

How much of Doctson's success this year is Boykin? That guy was on a different level last night.
Zero, Doctson had an NEW caliber CB covering him most of the night and he still scored twice. The way he separated himself from the CB on that TD in the right corner was all him. I've watched that TD 6 times and I still don't know how he did it.Don't over think this.

Tex
They both make each other better, but neither is handcuffed to the other in my opinion.

NFL Scouts on Hand to see TCU's Doctson Break Record

With representatives from two-thirds of the NFL's teams on hand (including at least one general manager), TCU redshirt senior wideout Josh Doctson set the new school record for receptions in a season and solidified his position as a top 50 selection in the 2016 NFL draft with 11 catches for 183 yards and two touchdown in a 40-10 win over West Virginia.The 6-foot-2, 195 pound Doctson is NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated senior wideout,checking in at No. 4 overall behind Mississippi's Laquon Treadwell, Ohio State's Michael Thomas and Baylor's Corey Coleman among the receivers expected to be make themselves eligible for the 2016 draft.

Doctson currently ranks second behind Coleman in touchdowns for the season, hauling in his 13th and 14th of the year Thursday night against the Mountaineers.

NFL scouts can appreciate his production but, frankly, as the featured target in TCU's spread offense, big numbers are expected. That said, setting records for the most catches in a season in school history in a team's eighth game of the year warrants special attention.

With seven receptions in the first half against West Virginia, Doctson passed Josh Boyce - now a member of the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots -- for the most receptions in a single season for the Horned Frogs. Boyce caught 66 passes for TCU in 2012.

Doctson caught his 67th pass of the year late in the second quarter and caught five more, giving him 71 catches for a cool 1,250 yards and 14 scores on the year.

Rotoworld:

TCU senior WR Josh Doctson has already accrued 17 receptions for 553 yards and nine touchdowns on passes thrown at least 20 yards downfield.

Doctson (+23.5) is PFF's highest-graded receiver in the nation and his statistic profile demonstrates that he's particularly a nightmare for DBs on deep balls. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound senior has at least four showcase games left on the schedule in Oklahoma State, Baylor, Oklahoma and the bowl game (or two).

Source: Pro Football Focus

Nov 3 - 5:19 PM

6'2, 6'3, 6'4...this guy's height is all over the map. In my book 6'2 and 6'4 are dramatically different. If he's 6'4 with that leaping ability and those hands, he's an elite prospect.

6'2, 6'3, 6'4...this guy's height is all over the map. In my book 6'2 and 6'4 are dramatically different. If he's 6'4 with that leaping ability and those hands, he's an elite prospect.
The TCU official website has him at 6'3" and I haven't known them to exaggerate too much, so I'd take that to be fairly true. I watch him play every week both in person at home and away on TV and he has very long arms, giving him even more "height".He's a hard guy to stop on his own, and having Boykin throwing to him and keeping defenses guessing doesn't hurt. Having Kolby Listenbee, the fastest athlete in college football, running go routes on the opposite side of him doesn't hurt either.

The last 6 games he is averaging 182.5 yards per game. 162 per game will get him the all time receiving record if TCU only has 5 more games, or 132 yards per game for 6 games.

Here's to hoping we have 6 games.

Doctson practiced today and is probable for Kansas game. May be a little smoke and mirrors from coach P on how bad injury is, but at least it's a sign that it ain't broke and injury might not be as bad as expected.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article44409477.html

Coach Gary Patterson said Thursday on Sirius Radio that the senior receiver from Mansfield Legacy will miss the next three games and the bowl game because of the injury he suffered last week at Oklahoma State.
This all seems to be an initial statement being misconstrued. I wouldn't take it as gospel yet.At the coaches luncheon today Patterson said Doctson was probable for this weekends game. He practiced yesterday so I can't why he's go from practice to out for season.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Gary Patterson tells @FoxSports that #TCU star WR Josh Doctson is NOT out for the season..He's practiced & is fine to play in the next game

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article44409477.html

Coach Gary Patterson said Thursday on Sirius Radio that the senior receiver from Mansfield Legacy will miss the next three games and the bowl game because of the injury he suffered last week at Oklahoma State.
This all seems to be an initial statement being misconstrued. I wouldn't take it as gospel yet.At the coaches luncheon today Patterson said Doctson was probable for this weekends game. He practiced yesterday so I can't why he's go from practice to out for season.
Ha yeah, that's quite a mis-construing of the comment. Link above has been updated by source:

The audio showed Patterson saying, “Josh Doctson is gonna be gone in three ballgames and a bowl game.” He has made similar statements to reporters this week in the Big 12 coaches conference call and his weekly media luncheon on campus, making the point that TCU will have to get used to life without the senior receiver by next year, anyway.

Ha yeah, that's quite a mis-construing of the comment. Link above has been updated by source:

The audio showed Patterson saying, “Josh Doctson is gonna be gone in three ballgames and a bowl game.” He has made similar statements to reporters this week in the Big 12 coaches conference call and his weekly media luncheon on campus, making the point that TCU will have to get used to life without the senior receiver by next year, anyway.
Today's media is a shoot first, ask questions later sort of business.

Over lunch it actually ran as a red Breaking News scrolling banner on ESPN that he was out for the season.

Looking like there's a chance he may play in the bowl game versus Oregon.

Oregons defense is pretty bad, as is ours. If he's healthy and gets to play, should give him one more game to show us what he's got.

Users who are viewing this thread