What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrell Owens attempts a comeback (1 Viewer)

Guy is in better shape than half the receivers in the NFL -- and has height most don't. With the Cowboys losing their top 2 stars, I won't bet against Jerry Jones bringing him in for a serious evaluation.

JJ loves PR moves.

Maybe Brett Favre will put down his Wrangler jean and knee pad commercials and finally make the comeback he's been trying to make every year and join the Cowboys with TO. The shock and awe of their collective return to the gridiron would be unmeasurable and they'd show the young whipper snappers of today's NFL a thing or two.

He would have made the Seahawks a couple years back except in the last preseason game, he blew by the defender for a would be huge TD and the ball hit him squarely in the hands and he dropped it. That was the end for Terrell Owens. Had him as a sleeper then and he had no one in his way to the #1 WR job and he flat out blew it.

Would love to see him back. I think he would have been excellent third receiver for many teams, but his image and reputation has kept him out of the league.

I was impressed with his physique on the TV News. He looks in awesome shape.

Pic in OP, the arms are still there. What caught my eye were his legs. The little wave "cut out" above the knee, calves bustin'... he has been hard at it.

I gotta say if Jerrah wanted publicity and gave TO and Moss their wish to give it one more try, I'd be oh so curious

Pic in OP, the arms are still there. What caught my eye were his legs. The little wave "cut out" above the knee, calves bustin'... he has been hard at it.
:lmao:

He wasn't that good anymore before he tore his ACL. There's a reason why no one has signed him in 4 years.

He would have made the Seahawks a couple years back except in the last preseason game, he blew by the defender for a would be huge TD and the ball hit him squarely in the hands and he dropped it. That was the end for Terrell Owens. Had him as a sleeper then and he had no one in his way to the #1 WR job and he flat out blew it.
That sounds like TO on a weekly basis....guy was such a physical mismatch, but he had hands of stone.

He wasn't that good anymore before he tore his ACL. There's a reason why no one has signed him in 4 years.
Disagree...72 receptions, 983 yds, and 9 tds in 14 games .... Chad Johnson who had been Palmer's #1 for years, disappeared that year because of T.O.

Last edited by a moderator:
look at what happened to JPP after not playing 2 months... what do you think 4 years will do to you?

Bri said:
kOOk said:

thanks for the reply
Likewise. BTW I think he's still single.
Right because it doesn't matter if a retired guy is in shape
You should see his glutes when activated. Amazing.

When I see a sentence that starts, "Terrell Owens attempts...", there was a part of me that expected the sentence to end with "...suicide".

Bri said:
kOOk said:

thanks for the reply
Likewise. BTW I think he's still single.
Right because it doesn't matter if a retired guy is in shape
You should see his glutes when activated. Amazing.
you've got issues, feel free to work them out rather than replying here

Sweet. I KNEW this, suckas.

That's why in my 54 team, 42 roster slot dynasty keeper uber supreme mega league, I've held onto him. Y'all got played.

/shark

Disagree...72 receptions, 983 yds, and 9 tds in 14 games .... Chad Johnson who had been Palmer's #1 for years, disappeared that year because of T.O.
The "reason" likely had more to do with his declining skills no longer mitigating his "baggage". Tolerance of the latter and interest in the former no doubt varied from team to team.

I would watch for the trainwreck factor only.   It was great watching CT punk him on the challenge and make him quit, if he can't handle some razzing from some reality celeb he's never going to cut it on an NFL or CFL field.

and by watch I mean, watch the highlights of him getting cut and whining to the media. He will be hurt or cut right quick, the dude is old and a total head case.  He's not better than a bunch of NFL receivers playing, he was, he's not anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread