What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College Football week 4 (1 Viewer)

NixonMask

Footballguy
Any ETA on the value chart? With so many quarterback questions Im looking to play the thursday slate a little heavier than usual.

I'm hoping that the Conference Showcase will be one of the options on the value chart. I really like what FD did, think it's cool that you can play a contest that's just one conference.

The Kiel injury is just brutal. I had him on two quarterback sites, and just really a frustrating situation. Hopefully you all didn't have him as he started off so well.

Also Shaq Washington being missed on two wide open td's hurts. Edit: Third times' the charm, finally made a good throw to Washington for the TD

Last edited by a moderator:
God all mighty the sweats. Get home to check the lineup I rostered. Sitting in 6th place of a 10k tournament, unique lineup, 10 minutes to go and both of the best running backs on the slate still to go. 7 minutes to go

Looking good Nixon, you're 1st in the Red Shirt I'm in. So hopefully you're close to the same in the bigger tournament. I'm tied for 4th in the Red Shirt, but about 100 other ppl have the same lineup.

This slate features all the worst parts about CFB.

Dorceus goes from lead back to 1 carry for no apparent reason.

People play the backup QB and get rewarded with a monster game.

#3 and #4 WRs posting huge lines.

What a night lol.

This slate was pretty clearly a crap shoot going in. Dont think starting Moore was all that bad a call though for a GPP, Gunner was clearly at risk to do that

77th, but theres only like 6 unique lineups ahead of me. Im the only person that has both McCaffrey and McNichols going tonight thats ahead of me. Most teams have one more RB going, some also have at TE, likely Boises. 6.3 points puts me into 3rd place, 7.7 points puts me into 2nd, and 11.4 wins me the thing.

I dont know if anyone else was watching the end of that game, but there was an awful turnover reversal that lead to the last touchdown. I will be writing the officiating crew a strongly worded letter if thats what ends up costing me the tournament.

Sounds promising, good luck!

I watched most of the game, but was following at that point on my IPad. So I didn't see the actual play. Hopefully it doesn't end up hurting you in the end.

77th, but theres only like 6 unique lineups ahead of me. Im the only person that has both McCaffrey and McNichols going tonight thats ahead of me. Most teams have one more RB going, some also have at TE, likely Boises. 6.3 points puts me into 3rd place, 7.7 points puts me into 2nd, and 11.4 wins me the thing.

I dont know if anyone else was watching the end of that game, but there was an awful turnover reversal that lead to the last touchdown. I will be writing the officiating crew a strongly worded letter if thats what ends up costing me the tournament.
That officiating crew was one of the worst I have ever seen. That turnover was absolutely egregious how there was evidence that his knee was down.

Do you have a link? Will follow along tonight and root for you to take it down. I have Mccaffrey everywhere, with Hogan injured he should see a big role whether Hogan plays or doesn't play.

I'm hoping that the Conference Showcase will be one of the options on the value chart. I really like what FD did, think it's cool that you can play a contest that's just one conference.
Gonna see what I can do to get this up there.
Hey Devin, sorry to bug you - but any update on this?
We aren't going to be able to do it this week, due to technical issues with the projections when players are on multiple slates. I can make an alternate solution in that if you go to the IVC, go to the ALL tab, then sort by the games. You can quickly click the o of the games that you don't want to include and cross off any of those games.

I realize it is not an ideal situation, but it should only take an additional 1-2 minutes to set this up. I am looking at options if they have this type of slate going forward to automate it.

One caution to all of you is that Cal's running game is still unclear, we have Daniel Lasco in our projections, but Vic Enwere becomes a great play if he's out.

As always if you have any questions about lineups, strategy, lineup construction or anything college football related, post it here, or you can email me your question at knotts@footballguys.com.

You are so right that game isnt even tonight. I am clearly reading some questionable injury updates here...

Thanks a lot for the advice, Devin. I x'ed off all the other games and it worked perfectly.

Hoping Nixon takes it down and I come tied for 2nd :)

The joys of DFS. How many straight possessions is McCaffrey going to do all the work, only for someone else to get the TD? Ugh

So frustrating, I have Mccaffrey in every single lineup. Thankfully going to make some money but not nearly as much as if Mccaffrey would have found the end zone multiple times instead of Remound Wright

Ya, in the same situation as you Devin. Can't complain I guess - the Thursday-Friday night CFB slate will be a profitable one. Just as you say, could have been quite a bit better.

Got home just in time to watch the finish. Im just happy the guy that won didnt have Craft, that would have been too much, but I can take slipping a spot for punting TE.

By far my biggest college cash. Thank you again Devin and the rest of the guys working on college this year.

Got home just in time to watch the finish. Im just happy the guy that won didnt have Craft, that would have been too much, but I can take slipping a spot for punting TE.

By far my biggest college cash. Thank you again Devin and the rest of the guys working on college this year.
These are the types of post that we like to see. Congrats!!!!! Heck of a lineup.

There was a lot of overlay last night in the PAC 10 showcase on fanduel. I ended up going out of my comfort zone a bit with entries so hopefully it works out.

Devin, with DK pricing so tough today, what position do you find yourself paying up for the most? I'm leaning RB with Fournette, but it seems crazy to basically punt both QB spots

Just not seeing the "Knotts" value in the late contests. Projected scores are 30 pts less than the early contests and numerous routes to get there.

Devin, with DK pricing so tough today, what position do you find yourself paying up for the most? I'm leaning RB with Fournette, but it seems crazy to basically punt both QB spots
I am not going with Fournette or any top RB, I think there is plenty of value in guys like Smallwood, Knox, Markell Jones, Deandre Washington, Vic Enwere if Lasco is out.

I am paying up for a quarterback, likely going to be Matt Johnson.

Just not seeing the "Knotts" value in the late contests. Projected scores are 30 pts less than the early contests and numerous routes to get there.
The late contests are lower scoring mainly due to not having teams such as Purdue in games that are considered a shootout. Purdue is thus underpriced allowing you to fit players such as these in your slate.

You also don't have the TCU/TTCH game which makes a difference, there are a lot of great top end plays in the late slate, but you also have 2 or 3 games with an over under in the 40's as well as it being a smaller slate

The late contests are lower scoring mainly due to not having teams such as Purdue in games that are considered a shootout. Purdue is thus underpriced allowing you to fit players such as these in your slate.

You also don't have the TCU/TTCH game which makes a difference, there are a lot of great top end plays in the late slate, but you also have 2 or 3 games with an over under in the 40's as well as it being a smaller slate
I'll dig into it more later. Need to avoid playing for the sake of playing.

Major kudos to Devin for the work he has done here. While I haven't hit big like Nixon, I've turned $5 into $75 over two college slates.

BassNBrew said:
Devin Knotts said:
BassNBrew said:

I'll dig into it more later. Need to avoid playing for the sake of playing.

Major kudos to Devin for the work he has done here. While I haven't hit big like Nixon, I've turned $5 into $75 over two college slates.
Thanks, appreciate it, let me know how I can help

Fournette is disgusting. Its like watching Danny Almonte pitching in the little league world series a decade ago.

There have been 3 college backs in the last 10 years that I have felt this way about.

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Leonard Fournette

3) Ezekiel Elliott in the CFB playoffs last year

The competition hasn't been great for Fournette thus far, but he is a special combination of speed/power.

Dinked around with CFB today just to get idea whether it might be worth doing. Probably going to break even so I may keep playing small amounts here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread