What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameron Artis-Payne (1 Viewer)

smoker

Footballguy
Any new son why he wasn't active last game?

Still worth a roster spot? Thinking of dropping him for Polk

Was weird he wasn't active last game and can't find any news on him. Any Carilina homers have any scoop?

He has no value.

1.Tolbert would be the man if JStew went down.

2. Cam always calls his own number at the goal line anyway.

Drop him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan Stewart had 50-plus snaps again. Didn’t you want to limit him?

“I would like to but the situation and circumstances didn’t play into that and that’s probably the biggest thing we got to look at. Part of the reason [Cameron] Artis-Payne was down is because we’re trying to get Kevin [Norwood] going and become part of the offense. There are a lot of things going on that we have to look at. As we go through this early portion, we’re going to feel our way through things and get into a rhythm with players. Unfortunately, a part of that is that Jonathan has taken that many snaps.”
http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-monday-transcript-sept-21/

ETA: not sure what it means - maybe CAP doesn't play special teams, but I would not automatically assume he's worthless due to a numbers game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Polk and dropped him.

I drafted Cameron Artist Payne thinking he would for sure get lion share at somep oint of the seaosn, but not suiting up last game is a huge red flag no?

Their having real issues at WR.. Ideally the Coaching staff could find ways to keep all the players in game shape..

I think its still to early to rule out additional RB changes..

(imho) Its probably a good time for CAM to work hard, while hes inactive on game days..

I drafted Cameron Artist Payne thinking he would for sure get lion share at somep oint of the seaosn, but not suiting up last game is a huge red flag no?
That "some point" is when Stewart inevitably gets hurt.

I think when (not if) Stewart goes down we will see a steady rotation of Fozzy and CAP.
With Tolbert & Cam getting all the GL action. I think there are better options for most owners to carry as a stash & hope.

I think when (not if) Stewart goes down we will see a steady rotation of Fozzy and CAP.
With Tolbert & Cam getting all the GL action. I think there are better options for most owners to carry as a stash & hope.
You are probably right but depending on roster size he is not a bad stash and hold.

We are very sorry that you have CAP, panthercub.

Fortunately, your league probably has a release/drop feature.

That way you won't feel compelled to defend him in every thread.

panthercub is a Panthers homer. Not that any of us have any special insight, but not sure where you think that Tolbert would be the guy there if Stewart got hurt. I think that ship sailed several years ago.

panthercub is a Panthers homer. Not that any of us have any special insight, but not sure where you think that Tolbert would be the guy there if Stewart got hurt. I think that ship sailed several years ago.
I am also a Panthers homer, but unlike panthercub, I don't drink the kool-aid that all of their players are awesome, smart, good-looking, great husbands/fathers, good artists, etc.

When Stewart gets hurt Artis-Payne will be the #2 back. He's not worth keeping or stashing.

When Stewart gets hurt Artis-Payne will be the #2 back. He's not worth keeping or stashing.
Where is this from? Tolbert is not a full time back. There is a strong chance that he will be the starter especially since he had a solid preseason.

For the record I dont own CAP, not that it matters.

Where is this from? Tolbert is not a full time back. There is a strong chance that he will be the starter especially since he had a solid preseason.

For the record I dont own CAP, not that it matters.
I also don't think Tolbert would take over as the lead back if Stewart missed time. I think he would remain the full back, and get an extra amount of his special plays sprinkled in. I think Fozzy and CAP would share, and they would go with the hot hand between the two.

Even IF you are right(and you're not), it doesn't matter.

Cam and Tolbert are the goal line backs.

CAP is absolutely worthless, unless you are in a 32 team league with deep benches.

Users who are viewing this thread