What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quincy Enunwa (WR) (1 Viewer)

Yeah, definitely keeping an eye on him, especially if Decker and Osuwu sit. But can't justify pulling the trigger yet. He had two targets last week and dropped them both. I need to see something to justify the roster spot.

Yeah, definitely keeping an eye on him, especially if Decker and Osuwu sit. But can't justify pulling the trigger yet. He had two targets last week and dropped them both. I need to see something to justify the roster spot.
He did have a reception last week. Devin Smith may make his debut in Week 3 but this may not affect Enunwa all that much.

He was inline blocking on the TD that finished the drive where he caught 2 balls. Maybe a tweener TE?  Big slot WR?
I really wish the Jets would change his position to TE for fantasy purposes.  I'm afraid he might be just a tad too small for that, even though he is a very large WR.  I'm still holding him as my WR8 in hopes he changes position,  Would make a nice backup TE.

Was about to check for a thread. I claimed him in dynasty off a whim before the season a couple weeks ago, but still haven't really watched much tape. I knew he was the #3 guy so figured he'd be in in case of injury, but didn't know Fitz liked him so much lol. I'll have to check some tape and see what this dude's about. Could maybe be a nice little baseline PPR security blanket like Golden Tate. Not necessarily a huge yardage guy, but a target hog.

He's got some value I think but it will be as a bye week replacement. They have Forte, Marshall and Decker ahead of him. He's just replacing what Amaro should have gotten. They're going to be in 3 WR sets a lot, I think. 

He's got some value I think but it will be as a bye week replacement. They have Forte, Marshall and Decker ahead of him. He's just replacing what Amaro should have gotten. They're going to be in 3 WR sets a lot, I think. 
Probably right on the bye week filler label, he has limited upside. But Amaro only had one game with more than 5 targets in 2014. Last season Jets TEs totaled 25 targets (not a typo.)

He is a big guy. If they keep lining him up in the slot it sounds like he might see a fair amount of targets. 87.5% catch rate isn't sustainable but he might be a solid WR4 in PPR.

Even though they're the local feed I never see the Jets. Unwatchable. Maybe I'll watch the condensed game before putting in waivers.

The thing that will keep Enunwa valuable all year is that he is not only the WR3, he is the TE as well. 

I wasnt sure there would be enough targets for him before the season started but i might have been wrong.  Worth holding on to find out. 

they ran 3 WR sets on more than 85% of snap week 1. he's going to get opportunities and a decent matchup with a safety or slot.

Why is he getting the opportunity now after barely any results his first 2 years?
He was a 6th round pick in 2014 that made the team, but then was cut shortly after and signed to the practice squad. I think he was cut after his fight with a woman in a hotel or something like that.

In 2015, he served a 4-game personal misconduct suspension in the middle of the year. He started coming on late in the season.  He is a great blocking receiver and used in three wide sets as a WR/H-Back combo. He apparently showed a lot of improvement from late in the year through camp this season.

IMO the biggest thing is you have to believe that the Jets offense can take the leap to supporting 4-5 non-QB players as roster able like some of the better offenses in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Announcer was just saying he's playing a TE role - which makes sense b/c they don't really have one.  He looks good and he'll continue to get targets.

Announcer was just saying he's playing a TE role - which makes sense b/c they don't really have one.  He looks good and he'll continue to get targets.
:yes: he reminds me of Chris Cooley, but better.  And without the weirdness. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
IMO the biggest thing is you have to believe that the Jets offense can take the leap to supporting 4-5 non-QB players as roster able like some of the better offenses in the league.
In ppr, absolutely.  

Even if, and hoping so, Brandon Marshall is healthy, I missed the boat on Q.E.D. (not sure what the 'D' represents, but I'll think of something). He looks like a target that will not go away.

Even if, and hoping so, Brandon Marshall is healthy, I missed the boat on Q.E.D. (not sure what the 'D' represents, but I'll think of something). He looks like a target that will not go away.
Couldn't agree more. His price just went up significantly and his skillset meshes well with Fitz's. As has already been stated, he's kind of like their TE, and Fitz loves to throw it between the numbers/middle of the field. They obviously have a good rapport and I can see him being relevant the rest of the way. 

This dude is good. He's straight cash whoever owns him in a dynasty. No doubt my bye week WR, and may even break into the lineup if a regular slumps.

Interesting. This seems to fall within the new Jets storyline of a more potent offense with an avg defense (from the low scoring offense with great defense we have seen in the past) creating a situation where they have not only a new ability to score in 2016, but also the need. "The #Texans led the league in plays per game last season at 69.9. Through two weeks, the #Jets have run 71 and 77 plays. Fantasy goodness."

(RotoWire) Enunwa had six catches on six targets for 92 yards during Thursday's win over the Bills, and while he left briefly in the third quarter due to a rib injury, he was able to return.

Analysis: Enunwa leads the Jets with 13 receptions through three games, and with Brandon Marshall possibly being held out in Week 3 against the Chiefs, Enunwa could be even busier.

:thumbup: 

Would be shocked if Marshall doesn't play this week. 

Enunwa still could have some nice numyers though. Just think of him as the tight end for all intents and purposes

I'm not sure that Marshall sitting this one out helps him.  If that moves him to the outside he will be facing better corners in a role that he's not as well suited for.  

His success this season is coming from gobbling up the middle against mismatched safeties or #3 cbs while Marshall and decker stretch the field.  

I'm not sure that Marshall sitting this one out helps him.  If that moves him to the outside he will be facing better corners in a role that he's not as well suited for.  

His success this season is coming from gobbling up the middle against mismatched safeties or #3 cbs while Marshall and decker stretch the field.  
does get him more targets which is what we want

I will play him this week if either Hilton or Marshall are out

rickyg said:

It surely doesn't hurt him at all. He was getting a lot of targets even with Marshall in the lineup. Besides, if Marshall is out, Enunwa is more of a TE type of player,so Fitz can use him more as a safety blanket rather than a WR.

I'm thinking Jalin Marshall or one of the other two rookies lines up outside. Why does anyone think they'll take a very effective H-back/slot WR & move him outside? 

Captain Hook said:
does get him more targets which is what we want

I will play him this week if either Hilton or Marshall are out
I think he'll be fine and probably better off with a injured Marshall in the line up playing.  Marshall could play the decoy role and Enunwa would get more looks.

Users who are viewing this thread