What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FantasyScore Staff Sunday Cash Plays Week 3 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Garda

Last weekend was a tough one for many people, but it actually seemed easier to overcome at a ‘smaller’ site like FantasyScore.com where there were less people overall and so it was easier to find overlays and save yourself.

As always, we’ve amassed the staff’s picks, which you can check out fully here.

Staff Trends

Luck be a Lady

It’s not a trend, but it’s worth calling out that Jason Wood is going with Andrew Luck this week, against what should be a great match-up in Tennessee. Luck has been bad so far, so there is risk here, but if he is going to turn it around, Tennessee is the team to do it against.

James Starks

Starks is a pretty popular play this week (I have him in lineups elsewhere) but word broke Friday afternoon (per The Green Bay Press-Gazette’s Ryan Wood) that there is a chance Eddie Lacy could play Monday night. As it’s a Monday night game, you could be at risk if he is active, since you won’t have many other players to choose from if you need to pull Starks out. Because if Lacy is playing, Starks has little value.

Marshawn, Marshawn, Marshawn

Lynch is looking like a great rebound play this week against a tragicomic Chicago Bears defense. At a $7100 price, you have to like his chances to far outstrip his price value this week. Even with a poor offensive line like the Seahawks have.

Glaring Omissions

Ben Roethlisberger ($8400), Carson Palmer ($8200)

We’re assuming the prices, combined at least in Roethlisberger’s case with a bad matchup (the Rams) while Palmer faces what could be a stout San Francisco defense with a shaky offensive line.

Diamonds in the Rough

There’s a fair amount of Danny Woodhead ($4600) against Minnesota as well as Donte Moncrief ($3300) against Tennessee, with Wood stacking him and Luck. Several staff members used Baltimore tight end Crockett Gilmore ($2900) even against a tough Cincinnati Bengals team in a shaky offense.

Starks: If your in a Thursday start contest where he was priced at 2000 then I think he might be worth keeping in the lineup regardless figuring he will likely get some work even if Lacy plays. But for Sunday contests where he is 4000 I think there are better options if it appears Lacy will play such as Powell who is 3000.

Hope Wood is correct but I am also expecting a big bounce back from Luck this week.

Users who are viewing this thread