What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will the Patriots go undefeated again in 2015? (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
Assuming that the Patriots don't suffer any major injuries I think it is very possible (I'm not saying they will go undefeated, in fact I think they will lose a couple of games) that the Patriots, who are on a rampage at the moment and in an us against the world mode after the whole deflate gate incident could go undefeated again this season.

The situation is very similar to the 2007 season where the Patriots went 16-0. In 2007 the Pat's were coming off the spygate situation and playing with a chip on their shoulder much the same way they are this season. They were trying to embarrass the rest of the league in 2007 much the way they are this season (51-17 over Jax) because what they felt was unfair persecution.

If you look at the Patriots remaining schedule, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could run the table and go 16-0.

1/ Patriots 28 - Steelers 21

2/ Patriots 40 - Buffalo 32

3/ Patriots 51 - Jacksonville 17

4/ @ Dallas - No Romo, no Dez = no chance for the Cowboys

5/ @ Indy - The Patriots own Indy. They may drop 100 points on the Colts where the whole deflategate thing started. The Patriots will destroy the Colts in what they will consider a revenge game...The Pat's win by at least 30 points.

6/ New York Jets - Always a tough game, but one I think the Pats win.

7/ Miami - The Dolphins always play the Pat's tough, but I think they have too much on offense for the Dolphins

8/ Washington - Easy win

9/ @ New York Giants - Giants can't handle Patriots offense.

10/ Buffalo - The Bills couldn't stop the Pat's in Buffalo they won't be able to stop them in New England.

11/ @ Denver - The game of the year as far as I'm concerned. The Broncos defense looks legit. This will be the Patriots biggest challenge of the year. I'm not totally sold on the Patriots secondary being able to shut down stud wr's like Demaryius Thomas, but the Pat's offense is on another level compared to anything the Broncos have seen thus far. The Broncos are lucky to be 3-0 at this point.

12/ Philadelphia - Don't see the Eagles beating the Patriots in NE. Thus far the Eagles can't get out of their own way

13/ @Houston - The Texans have underwhelmed thus far.

14/ Tennessee - Easy win

15/ @NYJ Tough game on the road

16/ @Miami Tough game on the road

Again, I don't think it's likely the Patriots go 16-0, but with Brady playing at the level he is playing it's very possible.

Pump the breaks, champ.

They've played a banged-up Steelers who were missing multiple offensive weapons, the Bills, and Jax.

If they get to 10-0 then we can start talking undefeated season.

The longer they go lossless, the scareder I'll get. Certain clubs, nothing matters until playoffs.

Edit: sometimes the right loss is just what you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming that the Patriots don't suffer any major injuries I think it is very possible (I'm not saying they will go undefeated, in fact I think they will lose a couple of games) that the Patriots, who are on a rampage at the moment and in an us against the world mode after the whole deflate gate incident could go undefeated again this season.

The situation is very similar to the 2007 season where the Patriots went 16-0. In 2007 the Pat's were coming off the spygate situation and playing with a chip on their shoulder much the same way they are this season. They were trying to embarrass the rest of the league in 2007 much the way they are this season (51-17 over Jax) because what they felt was unfair persecution.

If you look at the Patriots remaining schedule, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could run the table and go 16-0.

5/ @ Indy - The Patriots own Indy. They may drop 100 points on the Colts where the whole deflategate thing started. The Patriots will destroy the Colts in what they will consider a revenge game...The Pat's win by at least 30 points.

7/ Miami - The Dolphins always play the Pat's tough, but I think they have too much on offense for the Dolphins

8/ Washington - Easy win

10/ Buffalo - The Bills couldn't stop the Pat's in Buffalo they won't be able to stop them in New England.

11/ @ Denver - The game of the year as far as I'm concerned. The Broncos defense looks legit. This will be the Patriots biggest challenge of the year. I'm not totally sold on the Patriots secondary being able to shut down stud wr's like Demaryius Thomas, but the Pat's offense is on another level compared to anything the Broncos have seen thus far. The Broncos are lucky to be 3-0 at this point.

12/ Philadelphia - Don't see the Eagles beating the Patriots in NE. Thus far the Eagles can't get out of their own way

14/ Tennessee - Easy win

Again, I don't think it's likely the Patriots go 16-0, but with Brady playing at the level he is playing it's very possible.
Hopefully they do. It would be nice to shutup those dumb Miami Dolphins while they're still hanging around.

who cares
Apparently you do enough to respond.

Packers/Patriots could be two undefeated teams meeting in the superbowl
Better knock on wood. I think the only saving grace with tonight's game is its not at KC. I'm not too excited for tonight... We did well vs graham but Kelce is the center point of that offense. And we don't do well vs TEs

I see it as a possibility but I doubt the pack goes undefeated.

To the OP, I see the patriots losing at least 4 of those games

Why are the Broncos lucky to be 3-0 at this point?

Because Peyton looks like he has a noodle arm...

Better knock on wood. I think the only saving grace with tonight's game is its not at KC. I'm not too excited for tonight... We did well vs graham but Kelce is the center point of that offense. And we don't do well vs TEs

Which 4? I think NE might lose either ar NYJ or MIA (they don't play well in MIA). The game at DEN could be a coin toss. The issue I see for opponents is stopping the Patriots freight train of an offense.

8/ Washington - Easy win

14/ Tennessee - Easy win

you made like 3 points inside of one statement. You claimed that it's real possible for the pats to go undefeated but you think they will lose a couple? This whole thread should be closed, not topic worthy and we are 3 games in. Wait til they are 14-0 and start this thread:)

They should beat every opponent by exactly 13 points symbolic of the whole stupid PSI debacle.

That would be funny.

I think as the season progresses Jake Ryan will be the new ILB and the rookie CB's will keep getting better. Look beyond this game.

Undefeated, who cares.

The game against Dallas coming out of the bye could be a trap game. Do they lose their offensive rhythm with the week off? The only one that can beat them is themselves.

I think he has made some good plays.

8/ Washington - Easy win

14/ Tennessee - Easy win

you made like 3 points inside of one statement. You claimed that it's real possible for the pats to go undefeated but you think they will lose a couple? This whole thread should be closed, not topic worthy and we are 3 games in. Wait til they are 14-0 and start this thread:)
I think it's fairly simple to understand. While I think the Patriots will most likely lose a game or two, it is absolutely possible they could run the table again...Why should this be shut down? Isn't this a place to discuss football?

Pats fan here. Pretty sure rex will win the second matchup.

Ill say 13-3 reg season.
I don't see BUF winning in NE. I say 14-2. I think they are better off losing as the stress and distraction of winning every game probably had a negative impact as the season wore on in 2007. Scoring 60+ in IND will be more important to them this year than going undefeated.

I think he has made some good plays.
He's playing great. He probably has the arm strength that he did when he was 13 now. But he has more football intelligence than anyone on the field or sidelines. And the balls he once through in like frozen ropes, now have to be laid in with precision. Sometimes that means looping it over top of the defender. Sometimes, throwing it sooner before the receiver's break. I've seen him in two of their three games and he continues to amaze me.

If there's one concern, it's how he will do when the cold weather arrives. Especially if it's also windy. That's when his lack of arm strength could pose a major problem.

Better knock on wood. I think the only saving grace with tonight's game is its not at KC. I'm not too excited for tonight... We did well vs graham but Kelce is the center point of that offense. And we don't do well vs TEsI see it as a possibility but I doubt the pack goes undefeated.

Which 4? I think NE might lose either ar NYJ or MIA (they don't play well in MIA). The game at DEN could be a coin toss. The issue I see for opponents is stopping the Patriots freight train of an offense.
I would say they will split with Mia and NYJ losing both times away. The jets D is great and don't forget Geno will be back by the second meeting. Miami will likely be playing better (can't play worse), and *might* be vying for a playoff spot. Losing at Denver. Losing at NYG. Both of those are pretty sure things IMO.

I'd say Buffalo would beat NE in the second matchup too, if it were an away game for NE.

Basically, I don't really like NE away. Away + rivalry doesn't really add up to easy wins. Not to hijack but I'm always concerned with playing at Minnesota as a Packer fan. Even when the queens were terrible, the pack has found ways to lose those games. At Detroit too. Chicago I haven't been worried about since they traded for Cutler. But, away vs division rivalry is very tough no matter how good you are or how bad you think the opposing team is. Again, I remember when Green Bay went 13-3, lost to Denver in the Super Bowl as huge favorites, and their first loss came like week 8 or 9 at Indianapolis who had zero wins at the time, went on to be 3-13 and drafted Peyton Manning... Moral of the story: don't get too cocky at week 4

would say they will split with Mia and NYJ losing both times away. The jets D is great and don't forget Geno will be back by the second meeting. Miami will likely be playing better (can't play worse), and *might* be vying for a playoff spot.

Losing at Denver. Losing at NYG. Both of those are pretty sure things IMO.
I don't think "sure things" mean what you think they do....

Miami is not a playoff team this year.

Geno Smith is 1-3 against New England, with his only win coming in overtime in spite of his 1TD/1INT 71.9 Passer rating performance.

No, they lose at least 3 games. No clue which ones hit I'd expect 2 to come inside the division.

Pretty tough for any team to have an undefeated regular season ....

but this year there seems to be many more hapless teams than usual.

There really is only a handful of teams that are in the "don't want to play them" tier.

NE, GB, SEA, DEN, ATL, ... ?

The rest of the league seems to have a major deficiency on one side of the ball or the other.

That said, there always seems to be at least one unexpected upset to spoil the feat. (see 1985 Dolphins over the Bears).

There really is only a handful of teams that are in the "don't want to play them" tier.

The rest of the league seems to have a major deficiency on one side of the ball or the other.

That said, there always seems to be at least one unexpected upset to spoil the feat. (see 1985 Dolphins over the Bears).
The best team in the NFL isn't in your "don't want to play them" tier.

He listed Green Bay.

He listed Green Bay.
I am guessing he means the Cardinals. They are playing very well and Palmer has looked great so far.

That being said, the talk of "Arizona is 16-2 in the last 18 games started by Carson Palmer," while true, is somewhat inflated IMO. They have beat up on the sisters of the poor. Their first three opponents this year have a combined one win on the season. Many of the other games they won in that stretch were against teams well below .500. They had a nice win last year against Dallas . . . without Tony Romo playing. I get that you play who is on your schedule against the players that suit up.

No doubt they are a good team, but I will wait to see how they look against against the likes of SEA, GBP, CIN to name a few on their schedule. ARI could easily be 8-0 before they play in SEA.

No, they lose at least 3 games. No clue which ones hit I'd expect 2 to come inside the division.
That's the way I see it. 13 win season and 4-2 in the division.Best team in football, but they have issues on defense. But they go a good job getting to the QB, which covers a multitude of sins.

The Patriots defense has always gotten better as the season progresses. Even so, the Pats have been ahead by 14, 24, and 44 in the fourth quarter in their games so far. Sure, they gave up points after that, but I don't think their defense is all that troubling.

Too early to talk think they could. Pats fan here and I say 14 - 2 losses at Miami and not sure about the other.

msudaisy26 said:
Too early to talk think they could. Pats fan here and I say 14 - 2 losses at Miami and not sure about the other.
What are people seeing in Miami that makes them project a loss there? They're aspiring to 8-8.

Only a handful of teams are capable of beating the Patriots, and only 1 resides in the AFC. I got Denver, the D is stout, Talib looks zoned in. If Peyton and the O-line can gain any kind of groove, they're just as dangerous as NE. In the NFC, Green Bay, Seattle, Arizona. That's it in the whole league.

msudaisy26 said:
The only way Miami beats them this year is if NE rests starters in week 17.

Jets and Buffalo will be quality games as should Denver and the NYG. 13-3, maybe 14-2. It's a long season.

Users who are viewing this thread