What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Bill Simmons Podcast (1 Viewer)

I know Lombardi does a podcast with Simmons' producer. Has he taken his L on his awful preseason take of Doug Pederson being the worst coach in the league? I didn't think he could so quickly beat out last year's "Atlanta will be terrible" but here we are. 

I know Lombardi does a podcast with Simmons' producer. Has he taken his L on his awful preseason take of Doug Pederson being the worst coach in the league? I didn't think he could so quickly beat out last year's "Atlanta will be terrible" but here we are. 
I don't listen to Lombardi's podcast but I heard him say that to Simmons at the beginning of the year.  At least Simmons and Sal have mentioned how wrong Lombardi appears to be on that topic.  

The level of passive permissiveness that Simmons describes in his parenting has to be partly shtick right?  He can't care that little what his kids are exposed to at a young age, right?

Lombardi has doubled down on Pederson being a terrible coach, specifically citing Pederson's two instant replay failures last week.

I don't listen to Lombardi's podcast but I heard him say that to Simmons at the beginning of the year.  At least Simmons and Sal have mentioned how wrong Lombardi appears to be on that topic.  

The level of passive permissiveness that Simmons describes in his parenting has to be partly shtick right?  He can't care that little what his kids are exposed to at a young age, right?
I consider myself a pretty liberal parent, but I have no ####### idea what someone's expecting if they're watching "SMILF" in front of their kids. And I've never seen it, but I know that it's on Showtime and the name of the show is "SMILF."

I consider myself a pretty liberal parent, but I have no ####### idea what someone's expecting if they're watching "SMILF" in front of their kids. And I've never seen it, but I know that it's on Showtime and the name of the show is "SMILF."
Yea that was an uncomfortable story. I cringed a little. 

Enjoyed the interview with Cranston. And I have to give Billy credit. His suggestion to Cranston to spike that Seinfeld story he told with "and that ladder guy...Vince Gilligan" in the future was very funny. 

Eric Weinberger, the guy who runs The Ringer, is named in the suit filed by Jami Cantor against him and a bunch of other people who worked at the NFL Network. Suspended, investigation pending, guy is toast.

A couple months ago the Barstool guys were saying that their office was the safest place in sports for women to work and it's looking pretty damn accurate.

Eric Weinberger, the guy who runs The Ringer, is named in the suit filed by Jami Cantor against him and a bunch of other people who worked at the NFL Network. Suspended, investigation pending, guy is toast.
Apparently the  complaint uses the term "groped".   I'm just neanderthal enough to see how a guy would say something to a woman at work, about her body, in a flirtatious way, light hearted, if the two had a working relationship where that was known to be just fun flirtatious comments.  But groping?  Good grief.  What are these guys thinking? 

Against All Odds this week w/Super Dave Osborne was great.  That guy's voice alone just cracks me up.
I would have loved it even more except he did the same  jokes with Jerry Seinfeld on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee that I literally just watched :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
belljr said:
I would have loved it even more except he did the same  jokes with Jerry Seinfeld on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee that I literally just watched :lol:
If you liked him on Simmons, you'd love the Norm MacDonald one (1st one Norm did if I'm not mistaken)

I haven't listened to him in months, and I actually forgot how annoying I found his voice until I heard him call in to the Russillo show today as "Bill from LA."

So clever. 

:mellow:

I haven't listened to him in months, and I actually forgot how annoying I found his voice until I heard him call in to the Russillo show today as "Bill from LA."

So clever. 

:mellow:
Anyone notice that Boston (New England) is such a cool place, that any media guy who can afford it immediately leaves ESPN for L.A.?  (eff boston)

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Yeah the Skipper story seems like there is a lot more to it.  Probably some nda's and an alcohol excuse made public.

Super Dave interview was terrific.  He basically says he rehashes all the same stories so give him some credit.  Most people not listening to multiple super dave interviews.

Anyone notice that Boston (New England) is such a cool place, that any media guy who can afford it immediately leaves ESPN for L.A.?  (eff boston)
ESPN is in Bristol, CT...comparing it or lumping it in with Boston is like considering Bakersfield part of LA

Last edited by a moderator:
Bills made the playoffs so I had to listen and hear what they had to say.  Im not sure when parent corner was added but I love it, great addition.

not defending him but I think he only moved out there when he was writing for Kimmel then ended up staying. But he could have ended up moving there anyway

not defending him but I think he only moved out there when he was writing for Kimmel then ended up staying. But he could have ended up moving there anyway
Yeah you're right.  I posted that in vodka-induced irritation when I read that Rusillo was leaving ESPN and moving to LA.  And the Boston homerism irritates me so I got triggered.  But it was a dumb point.  I really need to have a breathalyzer installed on this forum that locks me out above point oh whatever.

4k word "gambling manifesto", proceeded by 4 bets on the favorites, resulting in a reverse sweeeeeeeep. He is every bookie's best friend.
:lmao:

Nothing that bad about going 0-4. But putting in a dissertation about the playoffs and then going 0-4... Oof! Can he retire the Nobody believes in us shtick finally? A coin flip would be a better predictor than this angle. 

:lmao:

Nothing that bad about going 0-4. But putting in a dissertation about the playoffs and then going 0-4... Oof! Can he retire the Nobody believes in us shtick finally? A coin flip would be a better predictor than this angle. 
Right. You hope that someone who certainly has some cognitive abilities and knowledge about sports realizes, finally, that teasers(1) and parlays(2) are for suckers. Or that sometimes it make sense to bet on the inferior QB.

(1) Wong Teasers, specifically teasers that fully crossed the "7" and the "3" (e.g. teasing from -8.5 to -2.5 or from +1.5 to +7.5) used to be profitable, but books have since gotten wise. 

(2) Parlays will actually make you money faster if you're a winning bettor. Flip side, they'll lose you money faster if you aren't.

Tomorrow he will claim he made none of those bets. 
"I was real worried about [Bet X] and I'm glad that I changed my mind just before kickoff."

"The line for [Game Y] seemed strange to me when I made my pick, then I found out afterwards that [Player Z] was injured, so of course if I had known about the injury I would have made the opposite pick."

"The Chiefs and Bills would have covered if not for those injuries to Kelce and Taylor."

"I was real worried about [Bet X] and I'm glad that I changed my mind just before kickoff."

"The line for [Game Y] seemed strange to me when I made my pick, then I found out afterwards that [Player Z] was injured, so of course if I had known about the injury I would have made the opposite pick."

"The Chiefs and Bills would have covered if not for those injuries to Kelce and Taylor."
:lmao:   100%

Anyone have a link to someone making the correct picks consistently?
I’m still a big Simmons fan, but he’s a terrible gambler and it has nothing to do with his record. 

While im here I should also mention that the Cousin Sal gambling podcast is my favorite podcast each week and I always look forward to it. But those guys might even be worse gamblers than Bill. 

So him and Francesca believed everything about the Patriots story except for the part that Kraft made BB trade Garappolo because of Brady. Nope, that couldn’t have happened. :lol:   

I’m still a big Simmons fan, but he’s a terrible gambler and it has nothing to do with his record. 

While im here I should also mention that the Cousin Sal gambling podcast is my favorite podcast each week and I always look forward to it. But those guys might even be worse gamblers than Bill. 
Oh yeah, they're bad too.

I think Simmons is becoming the next Francesa. There's a lot of similarities. Not there yet, but the metamorphosis is underway.

RULE NO. 10: When in doubt, gravitate toward one pick that (a) would screw over the most gamblers and experts, and (b) would definitely go against the single worst gambler you know.

At least he recognizes it is himself ;) :)

THANKS BILL! :)

Don't forget the "Once Mariota threw that TD to himself I knew that game was cursed and there was no way the Titans were losing"

Users who are viewing this thread