Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420

On 10/12/2018 at 10:42 PM, strykerpks said:

I'm trying. But I hate Dodger fans and I drink a lot 

I'm a Dodgers fan and they make me drink more than normal.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, shadyridr said:

Only took him 11 starts. Guy is all heart now. Might as well make a Christmas movie out of it and call it the Grinch 2.

Miss me with this no heart stuff. Or should I send you a picture of all the kids at the ballpark / playground complex down the street from me that he dropped seven figures on to ensure that disabled children have a place to safely play the game he loves? They may have a take on this no heart debate.

David competes his tail off, and his heart is just fine. Time to find some other playoff sample size victim to terrorize, bruh. 

Edited by RnR
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 8:59 PM, JuniorGong said:
On 10/6/2018 at 8:52 PM, shadyridr said:

Price should just retire. Guy has no heart and is just a joke and insult to anyone who plays sports. And this coming from a yankee fan. 

He is the absolute worse, at least Cora got him out of there before Judge jacked another one off of him. He shouldn’t get another start.

:coffee:

Congratulations Red Sox fans.....best team all year 

Congratulations to Steve Pearce, MVP, and Lakeland alum! 

On 8/11/2018 at 8:15 PM, Eephus said:

I was surprised the Dodgers didn't try to strengthen their bullpen at the deadline.  John Axford doesn't count.

I realize they're trying to stay under the CBT number but there were a lot of RPs available in addition to Machado and Dozier.

:goodposting:

Rays are trading Mallex Smith for Mike Zunino and Guillermo Heredia.  Good move for them to turn Smith's one good year into two decent players, who they of course will get solid years from and then trade for 4 decent players at this time next year.

The Mallex-Zunino deal is hard to judge but it's interesting.  Even the prospect throw-ins are kind of intriguing.  The pitcher going to Tampa (Plassmeyer) is a crafty lefty with great control and the MiLB OF accompanying Smith to Seattle (Fraley) had a great OPS season in a half season of A ball.

I don't know if Jerry Di Poto will ever build a champion but he's sure not reluctant to trade guys. 

3 minutes ago, RnR said:

Joe Mauer has retired

Career .306 hitter, 2009 MVP, 3-time AL batting champ, 6-time All-Star, 5-time Silver Slugger, 3-time Gold Glove catcher, 2,123 career hits in 1,858 career games and a career OPS+ of 124.

Hall of Fame catcher?

Edited by RnR

1 hour ago, RnR said:

Career .306 hitter, 2009 MVP, 3-time AL batting champ, 6-time All-Star, 5-time Silver Slugger, 3-time Gold Glove catcher, 2,123 career hits in 1,858 career games and a career OPS+ of 124.

Hall of Fame catcher?

Gotta be pretty close. 

9 hours ago, RnR said:

Hall of Fame catcher?

We’re calling him a catcher? Half of his PAs were while playing other positions.

Pedestrain post season numbers to boot and in the 4 seasons the Twins made the post season they never won a game let alone a series

He doesn’t sniff the HOF IMO

6 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

We’re calling him a catcher? Half of his PAs were while playing other positions.

Pedestrain post season numbers to boot and in the 4 seasons the Twins made the post season they never won a game let alone a series

He doesn’t sniff the HOF IMO

What position are you wanting to call him? Catchers have won batting titles a total of  7 times in MLB history. Mauer accounts for 3 of the 7 (2006, 2008 and 2009). All 5 of his Silver Sluggers were won as a catcher and all three of his Gold Gloves were also of the catcher variety.

Ranks third all-time (behind HOF catchers Mike Piazza and Mickey Cochrane) with a .899 career OPS while playing catcher (Min. 3000 PA at catcher).

From noted stat nerd and cowboy boot aficionado  Brian Kenny: "Joe Mauer is a good #HOF candidate. Joe Mauer 8 yr peak: 5 win player 139 OPS+ As a catcher. That’s not good, that’s great."