Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420

4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Mike Napoli's career .821 OPS is actually higher than HOFer's Harold Baines' .820 OPS.

It's not the Hall of OPS :shrug:

Greg Johns‏Verified account @GregJohnsMLB

Dipoto described today as “boring” on trade and activity front. Says nothing imminent and much of remaining work likely revolves around adding to bullpen and some position depth.

6:12 PM - 10 Dec 2018

Nooooo!!!

• Like 1

This rumored Yankees/Mets/Marlins 3-way could get very interesting:popcorn: 

As an Andujar owner in Serious Biz I would hate to see him leave the Bronx for Miami Purgatory :(

11 minutes ago, Billy Bats said:

Phillies sign McCutchen for 3 years.  :mellow:  :oldunsure: 

And in other 2011 fantasy news, Troy Tulowitzki released by Toronto.  $38M still on the books including the buyout on the 2021 club option.

2 minutes ago, Eephus said:

And in other 2011 fantasy news, Troy Tulowitzki released by Toronto.  $38M still on the books including the buyout on the 2021 club option.

:)  Maybe it won’t be so bad if he’s hitting in front of Machado. :shrug:  

33 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Excellent player out with a fizzle, it's been real Tulo :banned:Good candidate for Hall of Very Good

McCutchen is still a 2-3 win player although he'll be 35 by the end of the contract.  He's pretty decent in all aspects of the game and is a solid clubhouse presence for a young team.

The signing doesn't say much for the organization's trust in their young OF talent.

• Like 2

Just now, Kraft... said:

Excellent player out with a fizzle, it's been real Tulo :banned:Good candidate for Hall of Very Good

In before shadyridr, Tulo has more career WAR than Harold Baines.

I think Tulowitzki is still worth bringing in for a physical.   He was OK with the bat in 2016 and there's a lot of places on the defensive spectrum for a former Gold Glove SS.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Billy Bats said:

It’s a steal thinking back to Santana’s 3/60 last year. :lol: 

I like cutch. Did great job as yankees leadoff hitter after the trade. I just never expected him to get a 3 year deal and at almost 17m per seems crazy to me. Solid ballplayer though. Can't believe he's still only 32. Seems much older. He kind of dropped off from his elite days quicker than i thought he would. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eephus said:

“Tulo took the news in stride, straining his hammy.” ~Razzball

8 hours ago, Kraft... said:

This rumored Yankees/Mets/Marlins 3-way could get very interesting:popcorn: 

As an Andujar owner in Serious Biz I would hate to see him leave the Bronx for Miami Purgatory :(

I've never refreshed Twitter so much in my life. Not sure what the Mets infatuation with Realmuto is. Solid catcher, probably the best in the game right now but he's no joe Mauer or buster Posey. And to give up Thor for him? They'd be crazy but it's the Mets. As a yankees fan I'd be extremely happy to land Thor and then I assume they'd sign Manny to replace Andujar.

Cutch probably owes the Giants organization a nice Xmas gift.  If SF hadn't dealt him at the deadline and instead made him a qualifying offer, there's no way McCutchen would have been signed this early in free agency.

You guys might not believe this, but Marlins Man made it onto camera during the Winter Meetings behind the MLB Tonight set.