Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Good Posting Judge

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread! Current thread batting average: .420

Chase Utley had a nice little return to Philly with a solo shot and a slam. Two curtain calls on the road. :thumbup: Probably the Phils highlight of the season.  

1 hour ago, Billy Bats said:

This kid is scary good. 

Hell of a battle for MVP this year in the AL.

Betts, Trout, Altuve, Donaldson, Machado

As much as I despise the Red Sux, I so :wub: Mookie.  Probably my favorite player besides Tigers and Joc Peterson, only because I respect his ability to look stupid striking out three times a night. 

2 hours ago, the moops said:

Hell of a battle for MVP this year in the AL.

Betts, Trout, Altuve, Donaldson, Machado

And your mom.

Samardjiza and Taillon had the same lines against each other tonight.

Since I traded for Strasburg a couple weeks ago, he's been trash. Glad I benched him today.

Looks like Papelbon's agent's attempt to chum the waters with "he's going to announce his choice tomorrow!" didn't work out. Sounds like Boston is still vaguely interested, but I can't imagine any playoff contender eager to add this jackhole to the clubhouse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peyton Marino said:

dansby swanson walked up to 'Georgia' by Ludacris last night.  pretty strong.

Explain this to me like I'm under 45

49 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Explain this to me like I'm under 45

it's a lesser known rap song (a "deep track" if you will) from one of Ludacris's earlier albums, before he became commercial and terrible at rap.  it is a pretty damn good song.  It is also titled 'Georgia' and is about 'grinding' in the state of Georgia, which happens to be where the Atlanta Braves play baseball.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peyton Marino said:

it's a lesser known rap song (a "deep track" if you will) from one of Ludacris's earlier albums, before he became commercial and terrible at rap.  it is a pretty damn good song.  It is also titled 'Georgia' and is about 'grinding' in the state of Georgia, which happens to be where the Atlanta Braves play baseball.  

Also, Swanson grew up in Georgia.

• Like 1

What is the shtick with Atlanta fans howling and screaming when the other team is at bat?  Is this new?

No wonder they are considered the worst fans in sports, even Miami fans are embarrassed. 

Anyone starting Hendricks at Coors Field? I don't think I can do it.

#Astros Tyler White's fastest pitch tonight was 87.7 MPH. Jered Weaver hasn't thrown a pitch that hard all year.

2 hours ago, pantagrapher said:

Starting him with confidence.  He's a beast.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pantagrapher said:

I started a pitcher in Coors for the first time in probably years earlier this month.  Max.  And only because I am way behind on IP's and this league having 40+ man rosters the options on waivers are kinda sparse.  It'll probably be at least another couple years before I start another arm there again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I started a pitcher in Coors for the first time in probably years earlier this month.  Max.  And only because I am way behind on IP's and this league having 40+ man rosters the options on waivers are kinda sparse.  It'll probably be at least another couple years before I start another arm there again.

I benched Strasburg there the other day. Not sure why I'm even doubting myself here. I'm way behind on innings but I don't need to catch up to maintain my lead.

On 8/1/2016 at 9:23 PM, Good Posting Judge said:

I'm a big Gallo stan, but in the heat of a pennant race, I can understand bringing in a reliable guy like Beltran. They can't afford to throw away games on him, and I don't think they can trade him unless they got something absurd in return.

Joey Gallo hitting 0.283 with six homers since returning to AAA, and striking out 42% of the time. Beltran hitting 0.315 with some crucial hits/RBIs in those same 15 games for the Rangers. It was the right move.

8 hours ago, Swing 51 said:

Yeah Hendricks ain't coming out of my lineup. I'm a bit scurred tho.

There's a 17mph wind blowing straight in to home plate, so you got that going for ya.

Collin McHugh becomes the first player in history to allow four home runs before recording an out. 

Both managers arguing with different umps in Cleveland.  To balk or not to balk.

34 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

uh oh. Strasburg to DL with elbow soreness.

Sucks. I just traded for him before his four-start implosion started. Oh well.

3 hours ago, AnonymousBob said:

I would have thought the disagreement was over Butler stealing Valencia's post-game meal. 

• Like 3

Fred Dryer and Nolan Cromwell each with an end zone sack of Ken Anderson. Vince Ferragamo to Billy Waddy. John Cappaletti busts one in with tears in his eyes as he thinks about that crappy movie they made about his little brother. 

• Like 2

Blackmon was the hottest hitter on the planet besides Mookie Monster™ and then he stubbed his big toe.  :kicksrock:

Edited by Doctor Detroit

4 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

I would have thought the disagreement was over Butler stealing Valencia's post-game meal. 

Billy Butler is literally the ####### worst. What a ####### weasel.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Billy Butler is literally the ####### worst. What a ####### weasel.

Butler supposedly told the sales rep from the shoe company that he and Valencia both endorse to drop Valencia because he didn't always wear their brand. That is big-time dooshy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Butler supposedly told the sales rep from the shoe company that he and Valencia both endorse to drop Valencia because he didn't always wear their brand. That is big-time dooshy. 

My favorite part is that Valencia then approached him angrily, and Butler told him that his "##### ###" wasn't going to do anything about it, and Valencia apparently brained him on the head hard enough to induce nausea, vomiting, and a trip to the DL. 

Seriously, they should just eat Butler's last year and say oh rev-wah.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Limp Ditka said:

I figured Valencia just insulted Billy's mom, Brett

They should sentence Valencia to be his butler.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

My favorite part is that Valencia then approached him angrily, and Butler told him that his "##### ###" wasn't going to do anything about it, and Valencia apparently brained him on the head hard enough to induce nausea, vomiting, and a trip to the DL. 

Seriously, they should just eat Butler's last year and say oh rev-wah.

the look, it is not good.

Valencia literally knocking that guy out after that doosh move Butler pulled is amazing. God bless. ??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

But I doubt if he ever makes it to The Majors. 

Pretty bold statement here. Not sure why anyone would doubt a 29 year old, that hasn't played any form of organized ball in about 12 years, making the bigs. Especially when he has the power of god behind him.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

Pretty bold statement here. Not sure why anyone would doubt a 29 year old, that hasn't played any form of organized ball in about 12 years, making the bigs. Especially when he has the power of god behind him.

You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

• Like 7

Andrew Cashner has pitched 4 starts since being acquired from San Diego...

0-2 5.55 ERA, over 7 his last 3 starts.

Marlins are fresh off a sweep of the Bucs and AC will take the mound at home vs the reigning WS Champs tonight...anyone want to guess how much egg will be on Loria's face tonight? 

Miami is a game and a half back, every win vital now. 

7 hours ago, Limp Ditka said:

Will be looking forward to ESPN showing Quad Cities River Bandits games five times a week in primetime. :hifive:

• Like 1