What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's your favorite Running Back to watch currently? (1 Viewer)

I've always been in awe of Bell and Foster's patience and methodical approach to the LOS. I'm pretty sure every other RB in the league should be required to watch tape on them.

Currently however, Dion Lewis is my favorite back to watch. His lateral agility is obscene; it reminds me of Shady in his prime.

Favorite RB's to watch: Lacy and Gio Bernard. If you could pair these two in real life you'd have the perfect combo.

Favorite player: Gronk. Outside of Julio he's the most unstoppable player in the league. I enjoy him more than Julio because he'll run over a guy or two and the Gronk end zone spike.

It would be Lynch even if he weren't on the Seahawks. He's just so damn tough to bring down...

There's the obvious ones, of course. Jamaal Charles always used to have me on the edge of my seat wondering when he was going to break one again. He's not hitting the home runs quite as often since his injury, but he still generates a palpable sense of excitement. Bell, Foster, Lynch, and Peterson have been mentioned. I like watching football played at the highest level.

Among the non-obvious answers, Dion Lewis and Chris Ivory have been a lot of fun to watch through three weeks.

My favorite to watch is Isaiah Crowell.

I keep wondering if he will ever actually break off a 15 yard run when I start the P.O.S.

:ph34r:

Jokes aside, Jeremy Hill is ok. Well, at least HE WAS, last year.

I got a feeling I am going to like Karlos Williams this week.

TZM

I still enjoy watching Adrian Peterson gallop past safeties, with power and finesse. Once he breaks second level, you kind of hold your breath to capture it all. Another guy who kind of reminds me if him, (only the second level part) is Latavius Murray. I like to watch big RB's who can build up a head of steam and still have downfield moves to break free. In fantasy, I own neither. But they are always fun to watch.

Bell like many others said, I remember seeing him last year the first week and it was like wow, who is this guy? He just looked so much better than his rookie year. Plus his patience and subtle cuts are fun to watch.

Peterson, then Lacy, then Charles. I will throw in Ivory and Sproles, not just because I am familiar with them but they are indeed fun to watch, Ivory like Lacy is a maniac and as Sproles is so smart, fast and tough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still enjoy watching Adrian Peterson gallop past safeties, with power and finesse. Once he breaks second level, you kind of hold your breath to capture it all. Another guy who kind of reminds me if him, (only the second level part) is Latavius Murray. I like to watch big RB's who can build up a head of steam and still have downfield moves to break free. In fantasy, I own neither. But they are always fun to watch.
Wow. 18 posts before this guy gets a vote. Still the best RB in the league.

Bell like many others said, I remember seeing him last year the first week and it was like wow, who is this guy? He just looked so much better than his rookie year. Plus his patience and subtle cuts are fun to watch.
I'm amazed at his progression. I saw him a ton in college and he was not the same runner. Workhouse volume stat compiler but did not impress me as being special. Every time I watched him last year I was like dang this is the RB1 next year, no question.

We're always impressed with guys who hit the hole with a burst and run violently. Bell is the complete opposite. Waits for the play to develop, sort of hop-skips up to the line looking for a crease. And he finds one, look out, it's like punching the go pedal on a Tesla - instant torque.

Forgot how nice Bell runs. That first TD was great.

Maybe a homer pick, but Alfred Morris as well. Guy runs hard and rarely goes down with first contact. Always keeps his legs moving and just fights hard for every yard.

This. Karlos Williams has this too.

I've always been in awe of Bell and Foster's patience and methodical approach to the LOS. I'm pretty sure every other RB in the league should be required to watch tape on them.

Currently however, Dion Lewis is my favorite back to watch. His lateral agility is obscene; it reminds me of Shady in his prime.
Its funny you say this because it was reported early in training camp that Jeremy Hill was watching tape of Bell and trying to incorporate his stutter and patience into his game and Hue Jackson told him to stop. Hill is a straight ahead runner, with some agility and good speed, but if you watched him at all the first couple games of the season, he looked more lost then patient when he tried to do it.

A lot of Hill's success last year came from him just getting the play, and running where he was supposed to with the O-line doing its job. That isn't happening this year because Hill is trying to get too cute with his running. I would say watching tape and trying to emulate Bell has hurt his game so far, but I think he gets back to his core running and gets back on track. I also think that defenses are daring Dalton to beat them, and are focused on stopping Hill when he is in there. Go is a different kind of back and defenses have to account for him more in the passing game, and I think that is why his running lanes are more open than Hill's.

Hill can still be fun to watch this year, and it is still possible he finishes as a top RB. If defenses have to respect the passing game, or the Bengals are milking the clock a lot at the end of games, then he will get his touches.

And so this isn't a hijack, I will say that I really enjoyed watching Bell run last night. I just traded him away in a league, so being able to just enjoy him running and not trying to worry about fantasy points was a real treat.

When they are ON, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, and Shady McCoy bring something that you just don't get from other guys.

I can always appreciate the power guys like Beast Mode and the nimble big Eddie Lacy, the explosive Sproles, but these three guys (Charles,Foster,McCoy) really separate themselves from their peers when they are rolling.

Currently it's Jamaal Charles.

All time, even though that's not the question, its a tie between Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson.

Peterson has this raw mixture of patience, power, finesse, and explosiveness that I've never seen in another RB before. Watch his long td from this past weekend against SD. So much fun to watch.

Right after AP is Foster. Also an incredibly patient back with terrific finesse and elusiveness. Bell has a similar style.

Always been a fan of Sproles, now I look forward to Abdullah to see what he can become. I like watching the dual threat guys - so even Woodhead falls into that category.

I'm in a transition phase. No real clear favorite today. A couple of years ago it was Peterson. His rare combination of power and speed had defenders going poopy in their pants. I'm not sure the speed is still what it was a couple years ago though.

For a few years, Chris Johnson was fun to watch. Ran a bit like Jamaal Charles. Just needed an inch of an opening and he was gone.

For a few years, Chris Johnson was fun to watch. Ran a bit like Jamaal Charles. Just needed an inch of an opening and he was gone.
This another good one. It was fun to watch him run the open field and defenders would look like they had the angle and he would just burst into another gear.

Old School for me is Eric Dickerson. Beauty in motion.
He was pretty awesome. You knew they were going to him and he still couldn't be stopped.

If we're going old school nobody can touch Barry & Gayle. There's nobody playing today that's in that conversation for most elusive.

Beast Mode is still my favorite power back to watch - the Week 1 run where he carried 2,000 pounds worth of Rams five yards downfield is Lynch's career in a nutshell. Speed back, it's gotta be Sproles. He looks like a dude on a Kawasaki weaving through a redwood forest out there.

But in terms of all-around guys, yeah, I watched Bell's all-the-way-across-the-field cutback TD last night and thought, "There's no one else in the league who scores there except maybe AP."

I like Latavius Murray's chances of joining this conversation by this time next year, too.

Old School for me is Eric Dickerson. Beauty in motion.
He was pretty awesome. You knew they were going to him and he still couldn't be stopped.

If we're going old school nobody can touch Barry & Gayle. There's nobody playing today that's in that conversation for most elusive.
I agree. Though the thing I loved about Dickerson it was like he was floating on air when he ran. He was so smooth.

Beast Mode is still my favorite power back to watch - the Week 1 run where he carried 2,000 pounds worth of Rams five yards downfield is Lynch's career in a nutshell. Speed back, it's gotta be Sproles. He looks like a dude on a Kawasaki weaving through a redwood forest out there.

But in terms of all-around guys, yeah, I watched Bell's all-the-way-across-the-field cutback TD last night and thought, "There's no one else in the league who scores there except maybe AP."

I like Latavius Murray's chances of joining this conversation by this time next year, too.
That was a thing of beauty, but it doesn't happen without Vick's block. Bell and Vick split that TD.

Cleaned out a bunch of arguing.

Let's take it easy on calling other people out. We're here to discuss football and have people share opinions. No one is ever right on everything. We'd rather people share their view with some reasons and let others take it into account and come to their own conclusions.

TZMarkie said:
My favorite to watch is Isaiah Crowell.

I keep wondering if he will ever actually break off a 15 yard run when I start the P.O.S.

:ph34r:

Jokes aside, Jeremy Hill is ok. Well, at least HE WAS, last year.

I got a feeling I am going to like Karlos Williams this week.

TZM
Add another for Karlos Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread