What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where the Steelers cheating last night? (1 Viewer)

Anyone whose been around football at any level can see that it is in fact a wrist coach. Wrist Coach is nothing more than the wrist band players wear during games with plays written into them. He more than likely has a duplicate of what Vick is wearing so he has a good idea of whats going on. OC probably told Vick "Play 3 side 1" or something and big Ben is checking. Jesus... someone always trying to find a cheat lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone whose been around football at any level can see that it is in fact a wrist coach. Wrist Coach is nothing more than the wrist band players wear during games with plays written into them. He more than likely has a duplicate of what Vick is wearing so he has a good idea of whats going on. OC probably told Vick "Play 3 side 1" or something and big Ben is checking. Jesus... someone always trying to find a cheat lol.
Check again

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQUxR3bUEAA_XIK.png:large

Another view:

http://s2.postimg.org/45823b53t/CQUzj_Uv_U8_AEomvb_jpg_large.jpg

It's clearly a phone, and he'll probably be punished for it, as he should be.

Cheating? Probably not. He was probably texting all his bros to ask if they are any good at kicking field goals.

GreekFreak said:
Ebaker5 said:
Check again

Another view:

Thanks for proving my point... Check the top right corner, the corner Ben is not holding. it curls down at a slight angle. Unless his phone is made of a gel substance, that is a wrist coach.

LittlePhatty said:

Cheating? Probably not. He was probably texting all his bros to ask if they are any good at kicking field goals.
Four years ago, former Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu was fined $10,000 for using a cell phone during a game.
Pattern of behavior!!

Imagine what a huge advantage it would be if you had communications equipment your opponent didn't? I swear I remember this being a really big deal.

GreekFreak said:
Ebaker5 said:
Check again

Another view:

Thanks for proving my point... Check the top right corner, the corner Ben is not holding. it curls down at a slight angle. Unless his phone is made of a gel substance, that is a wrist coach.
How many wristbands have a power and volume buttons on the side?

Steelers team employee who was already suspended for cheating got caught using illegal video and communications equipment on sideline during critical division game has not turned cell phone over to league and deliberately hid it from view.

Fortunately the Patriots have shown that it is okay to blatantly cheat so what does it matter? Thanks BB and TB!

According to NESN, both the league director of AFC communications and the NFL have corroborated that it was, in fact, a plastic armband with plays on it. Good effort, though. :applause:

Steelers team spokesman Burt Lauten told Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio that the object Roethlisberger was staring at was a black, plastic wristband containing play calls from the game, and that the quarterback had stored the wristband in his sweatshirt pocket and taken it out to check it. The NFL corroborated this story as well, as league director of AFC communications Jon Zimmer told CSNNE’s Tom Curran that Roethlisberger was holding “a black armband with a clear cover that contained the Steelers play sheet.” Since both the team and the league appear to be on the same page, it looks like this won’t be an issue going forward. It’s not the first sideline incident the Steelers have been a part of this season, though, as they apparently heard the New England Patriots’ official radio broadcast in their headsets during the NFL season opener at Gillette Stadium.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/10/steelers-deny-ben-roethlisberger-used-phone-on-sideline-during-game/

LittlePhatty said:

Four years ago, former Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu was fined $10,000 for using a cell phone during a game.
Pattern of behavior!!
The fine was revoked as he was calling his wife to say he was ok after a concussion.

I don't really see the big deal. Sure it's a cell phone. I doubt he was using it for anything more than to text. Sure he should be fined, but 10K isn't exactly a big deal to a guy making more than a million a game.

I don't really see the big deal. Sure it's a cell phone. I doubt he was using it for anything more than to text. Sure he should be fined, but 10K isn't exactly a big deal to a guy making more than a million a game.
except it wasn't
I'm not sure how you can watch the video and think it's anything else. That being said it's not a big deal to do this IMO and the precedent for players is a small fine.

except it wasn't
I'm not sure how you can watch the video and think it's anything else. That being said it's not a big deal to do this IMO and the precedent for players is a small fine.
Steelers team spokesman Burt Lauten told Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio that the object Roethlisberger was staring at was a black, plastic wristband containing play calls from the game, and that the quarterback had stored the wristband in his sweatshirt pocket and taken it out to check it. The NFL corroborated this story as well, as league director of AFC communications Jon Zimmer told CSNNE’s Tom Curran that Roethlisberger was holding “a black armband with a clear cover that contained the Steelers play sheet.”

Another NFL cover up for Goodell's buddies. Like when Tomlin accidentally walked on the field and broke up a potential touchdown.

Hey, Pats fans. Lombardi trophies with * on them are still better than no Lombardi trophys. I know you need to deflect and project your insecurities everywhere but you still would have been an above average team without all of the repeated and blatant cheating that took place from the owner of the team down to the janitors, so take solace in that.

Don't feel bad. :thumbup:

except it wasn't
Steelers team spokesman Burt Lauten told Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio that the object Roethlisberger was staring at was a black, plastic wristband containing play calls from the game, and that the quarterback had stored the wristband in his sweatshirt pocket and taken it out to check it. The NFL corroborated this story as well, as league director of AFC communications Jon Zimmer told CSNNE’s Tom Curran that Roethlisberger was holding “a black armband with a clear cover that contained the Steelers play sheet.”
Did you watch the video? It's pretty obvious. Like I said it's not a big deal. But you come off as a giant homer when you pretend it isn't a phone. Almost as bad as the person who started this thread.

except it wasn't
Did you watch the video? It's pretty obvious. Like I said it's not a big deal. But you come off as a giant homer when you pretend it isn't a phone. Almost as bad as the person who started this thread.
I guess the NFL is protecting Ben again -- you know how well they've always done that.

If it is obvious that it is a cell phone then anyone have any idea which model it is. It looks to me by the large blowup that it isn't flat and is arched somewhat. Should be pretty easy to figure out what kind of phone is like that.

except it wasn't
I guess the NFL is protecting Ben again -- you know how well they've always done that.

If it is obvious that it is a cell phone then anyone have any idea which model it is. It looks to me by the large blowup that it isn't flat and is arched somewhat. Should be pretty easy to figure out what kind of phone is like that.
I think it's much clearer if you watch the video. But if you don't want to watch an 8 second video you certainly don't have to do that.

except it wasn't

I think it's much clearer if you watch the video. But if you don't want to watch an 8 second video you certainly don't have to do that.
Dude, how many times do you have to be told that it was a wristband before it makes its way through your thick skull? Or are you just pretending to be dumb to make fun of whiny Patriot fans? I'm a little behind on everyone's shtick.

except it wasn't
The team said it wasn't. The conference said it wasn't. The NFL said it wasn't. What is or isn't "obvious" to you is of absolutely no consequence.

except it wasn't

Dude, how many times do you have to be told that it was a wristband before it makes its way through your thick skull? Or are you just pretending to be dumb to make fun of whiny Patriot fans? I'm a little behind on everyone's shtick.
I'm not sure why people won't watch the 8 second video. Because I'm not sure it's possible to watch that and argue it's anything but a phone.

I guess I'm out of this thread. No point in talking to homers who refuse to have an open mind. I think that covers every person in the thread.

Alot of us can't watch youtube at work. If you want to keep begging people to watch the video, then post it in a non-youtube link.

It looks like one of those Samsung Galaxy edge screens with the screen wrapped around the edges.

except it wasn't

I'm not sure why people won't watch the 8 second video. Because I'm not sure it's possible to watch that and argue it's anything but a phone.

I guess I'm out of this thread. No point in talking to homers who refuse to have an open mind. I think that covers every person in the thread.
Niles. Wait.

Users who are viewing this thread