What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Scoresman

Footballguy
Let's show the world that we can win despte not having any insider information!

Or lets continue to feed our addiction despite our better judgement.

10/8 8:25 ET Indianapolis Off At Houston Off
10/11 1:00 ET At Tampa Bay -3 Jacksonville 42
10/11 1:00 ET Buffalo -3 At Tennessee 42.5
10/11 1:00 ET At Baltimore -6.5 Cleveland 43.5
10/11 1:00 ET At Atlanta -8 Washington 47.5
10/11 1:00 ET At Kansas City -9.5 Chicago 45.5
10/11 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -5 New Orleans 48.5
10/11 1:00 ET At Green Bay -9.5 St. Louis 46.5
10/11 1:00 ET At Cincinnati -1 Seattle 44.5
10/11 4:05 ET Arizona -3 At Detroit 43.5
10/11 4:25 ET New England -8 At Dallas 50
10/11 4:25 ET Denver -5.5 At Oakland 43
10/11 8:30 ET At NY Giants -7 San Francisco 43

Monday Night Football Line
10/12 8:30 ET At San Diego -3 Pittsburgh 45

Lots of really good on-paper RB matchups this week.

Placeholder currently cash and gpp contests.

QBPhilip Rivers (warm fuzzy feeling for mnf vs pitt at home)

RBTodd Gurley (bandwagon launched)

RBDevonta Freeman (trend is your friend)

WRJordan Matthews (struggling with wrs)

WROdell Beckham Jr.

WREmmanuel Sanders

TEAntonio Gates (just a reminder that he's unsuspended and cheap)

KMike Nugent (cincy moves on sea but falls short of tds)

DNew York Giants (was all over atl d last week for same reason nyg this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom tweeted an interesting comment about Beasely and Witten getting garbage #s in the short passing game after NE moves out to a big lead on Dallas. I can't argue with it.

what I learned from last week

Cam > Carolina offense

Play more home teams & less away teams

Bloom tweeted an interesting comment about Beasely and Witten getting garbage #s in the short passing game after NE moves out to a big lead on Dallas. I can't argue with it.
I think Dallas will score some points, not enough to threaten to win or anything, but I think they'll score. They still have a pretty decent offense behind that OL, though losing Dunbar is a big blow to that already fragile offense. I also think NE's defense might be kind of sucky, though without facing a legitimate downfield weapon or a QB who can deliver the ball downfield and the bye week, NE probably has a really nice gameplan in place.

21 feels right for Dallas, but 29 feels light for NE.

Now who will get the points for NE?

I think Dallas will score some points, not enough to threaten to win or anything, but I think they'll score. They still have a pretty decent offense behind that OL, though losing Dunbar is a big blow to that already fragile offense. I also think NE's defense might be kind of sucky, though without facing a legitimate downfield weapon or a QB who can deliver the ball downfield and the bye week, NE probably has a really nice gameplan in place.

Gronk hasnt scored in 2 weeks.

Dallas OL has been horrid in run blocking, horrid. If PFF doesn't have them bottom 7 in the league they're not doing this right. Reputation does not a yard make. No OL, and I watch every game on league pass, has been blow backwards more than Dallas'. It happened repeatedly in every game. Oddly, they've been solid in pass protection. It is a huge mystery to this Cowboy fan, but a hs coach I attended Cowboy preseason practices with commented over and over that either Dallas 2015 DL was vastly improved, or the OL had gone complacent/soft.

It's too obvious to say Brady and Gronk, but Church and Wilcox don't have a prayer with Gronk. On the other hand Mo is finally playing cb up to his draft status and Edelman is the kind of player he is shutting down. Dallas gets Hardy and McClain back this week, but I doubt it makes much difference. Lee is great under the zone which will slow Gronk, but he's in the protocol. NE could also go to the ground with a big lead, nah, they like posting 40.

Brady

Gronk

Lewis

Brady Gronk weren't in my placeholder because of price, but they were the first two I plugged in as sort of a no brainer.

Brady-Gronk might be my go to for the Survivors.

Has anyone given though to Boobie Dixon ($4500) for BUF @ TEN? Or Hillman ($6,600) @ Oakland? Latest news was that Karlos is in concussion protocol and Hillman "deserves more touches".

Gurley @ GB for a good price should be a top ownership %.

Also Beckham at home on SNF against 49ers seems primed to go off.

No clear top option at first glance for defense as several top units are on the road.

I'm going to continue banking on the fact that Oakland can't cover TEs.

Owen Daniels is a nice cheap play this week.

Very preliminary thoughts:

QB - Brady & Rivers. I think I'm also going to be on the Brady/Rivers bandwagon. Brady is obvious. Rivers should be able to rip apart the weak Steeler secondary while at home.

RB - Dion Lewis, Woodhead & Bell. Woodhead is still very affordable. I doubt that SD spends too much time trying to run it on Pitt with the sad state of their O-line. I also like the Boobie Dixon call if he gets the start.

WR - Feels like Beckham should go off in this matchup.

TE - Gronk (obvious play), I like the Owen Daniels matchup. Oakland has hemorrhaged points to opposing TEs. I could also see Gates getting some red zone love.

D - NYG

I'm liking a Rivers/Allen or Rivers/Gates stack.

If Coleman is back this week I'm staying off Freeman his work will be cut by probably 20% and his price has gone up twice and ownership will be insanely high

Real early run for 50/50s

Rivers

L Bell
Gurley

Maclin (getting so many targets)

K Allen (Rivers stack)

Edelman (got to get someone from the Pats)

C Clay (Not totally sold this will be my guy, but targets seem good the last few weeks)

J Lambo (at home vs the Steelers, points will be scored)

NYG (cheap, at home, and against the 49ers coming across the country)

For all of you quick to load up on NE players this week, just something to consider... Dallas gets back Rolando McClain, Greg Hardy and possibly Gregory this week.

I'm as down on the Cowboys as ever but that will be significant for this defense.

For all of you quick to load up on NE players this week, just something to consider... Dallas gets back Rolando McClain, Greg Hardy and possibly Gregory this week.

I'm as down on the Cowboys as ever but that will be significant for this defense.
Well as a fan I hope so, but I've seen little evidence this D at full strength is in the same league as NE. Hardy is good, but he's not a game changer. Lee is but he may be out. Gregory is a mystery. Not sure Ro is that much better than Hitchens. And I just read that Mo Claiborne is nursing a hammy. This secondary cannot cover and will be exposed early. My two pennies.

eta: there's also the little issue of a weeden led offense vs a brady led offense...

Real early run for 50/50s

Rivers

L Bell

Gurley

Maclin (getting so many targets)

K Allen (Rivers stack)

Edelman (got to get someone from the Pats)

C Clay (Not totally sold this will be my guy, but targets seem good the last few weeks)

J Lambo (at home vs the Steelers, points will be scored)

NYG (cheap, at home, and against the 49ers coming across the country)
I had a line up similar. Varied it a little..

A. Smith.. I know i swore off him

L. Bell

Gurley

Cobb... At home quiet last week

Edelman

Maclin.. Kc stack

Clay.. Alot of targets

Lambo

Nyg D

I'm playing around with a Brady, Charles, LeVeon combo. Those RBs are so high priced but they seem to almost be match-up proof.

So I won an entry into the Bootleg this week on FD. This tourney is way above my normal pay grade so I am looking for strategy advice. 25 entries, top 5 cash; 50k, 30k, 20k, 15k, 10k, My first impulse is to go chalky, Brady, Gronk, Freeman, etc, but while this is a small field you still need to have some outside the box plays to have a shot at winning. But I am not sure I have the stone go too crazy, like rolling out Alex Smith and Maclin.

This is very likely my only shot ever at a tourney of this size, I really do not want to waste it. Any ideas on how to approach the roster building?

So I won an entry into the Bootleg this week on FD. This tourney is way above my normal pay grade so I am looking for strategy advice. 25 entries, top 5 cash; 50k, 30k, 20k, 15k, 10k, My first impulse is to go chalky, Brady, Gronk, Freeman, etc, but while this is a small field you still need to have some outside the box plays to have a shot at winning. But I am not sure I have the stone go too crazy, like rolling out Alex Smith and Maclin.

This is very likely my only shot ever at a tourney of this size, I really do not want to waste it. Any ideas on how to approach the roster building?
I wouldn't dare give you specific player advice for fear that I lead you in the wrong direction. I'll simply give you advice on WHEN i'd put the roster together. I wouldnt put anything together until Saturday at the earliest. Sometimes if you pick a team too early, you start to get an emotional attachment and can't think objectively as the week goes on.

I'd put together my list of 'must haves", figure out which stack I was going to use and then wait for value to show itself as the injury report gets settled. Good luck!

Just looking some more at the slate it's going to be very hard to put a lineup together. SO many studs in excellent spots. Julio, Bell, ODB, Gronk, Charles. You pick the wrong one(s) you are likely toast

Congrats- very cool.

I like an Eli/ OBJ stack- 49ers blew their load slowing GB last week.OBJ hasn't gotten off the launching pad yet this year and is due. Eli doesn't twinkle, but does above avg and at $7700 is affordable.

SD is depleted in the wr arena, Gates is coming back... like that!

I don't care if they get Reggie White back; Brady is going to drop 35 on them.

I wouldn't dare give you specific player advice for fear that I lead you in the wrong direction. I'll simply give you advice on WHEN i'd put the roster together. I wouldnt put anything together until Saturday at the earliest. Sometimes if you pick a team too early, you start to get an emotional attachment and can't think objectively as the week goes on.

I'd put together my list of 'must haves", figure out which stack I was going to use and then wait for value to show itself as the injury report gets settled. Good luck!

Yo, solid advice there brother, thank you. :thumbup:

Congrats- very cool.

I like an Eli/ OBJ stack- 49ers blew their load slowing GB last week.OBJ hasn't gotten off the launching pad yet this year and is due. Eli doesn't twinkle, but does above avg and at $7700 is affordable.

That's funny because I actually ran an Eli/ODB stack to win the ticket.

I'll take the over.
The Pats are going to score, but who is going to do the scoring. If you throw in a defensive TD early the game could get out of hand quickly and for all we know James White is lighting it up in the 4th. In the Jags game the Brady/Edel/Gronk were pretty quiet because they just pounded Blount after an early lead, could see a similar scenario here. Other than the PK, everyone else is a risk at the price.

I'll take the over.
As much as I think NE shreds Dallas, one absolutely true maxim of sports wagering is that "everyone" is always wrong. Early indications are that "everyone" is laying the points and taking the over. I'm not saying I've changed my mind, only that I'm willing to consider the possibility of thinking about changing my mind.

Congrats- very cool.

That's funny because I actually ran an Eli/ODB stack to win the ticket.
Hence why you are the master and I am the padawan

wow

gllllll

How did you win an entry?

Well as a fan I hope so, but I've seen little evidence this D at full strength is in the same league as NE. Hardy is good, but he's not a game changer. Lee is but he may be out. Gregory is a mystery. Not sure Ro is that much better than Hitchens. And I just read that Mo Claiborne is nursing a hammy. This secondary cannot cover and will be exposed early. My two pennies.

eta: there's also the little issue of a weeden led offense vs a brady led offense...
Yea I wasn't really suggesting they were going to stop the NE offense, more of a tip to consider they will be stronger than they were the past few weeks. That's all.

One strat that has changed my luck this year is making an effort not to chase points. Plugging a guy in because he had a good week last week or because he is a "hot" player. It seems that is what many here do on a regular basis by some of the lineups I'm seeing.

The first question that should be answered is "is it a good match up?"

wow

gllllll

A Thursday night contest for $25 entry. Winner gets a ticket into the Bootleg, everyone else gets nothing.

deangelo hall is out

I can see JJ/Hankerson shredding the redskins

+ revenge game for Hankerson + kyle shanahan

Yo, solid advice there brother, thank you. :thumbup:
:goodposting:

Very nice tip Itchy.

GL Wadsworth

Rotoworld has poo-pooed Dixon as the Bills RB if McCoy/Karlos are out, noting he's a plodder with career 3.4 ypc. Still, give him 12 caries at that average and a touch and he's at 10 points.

Seems too risky to play Thursday before we know the status of McCoy and Karlos for Sunday. But IF he's the starter... only needs 9 points to hit value. He had 1 yard and 1 TD in Week 1, and had a couple decent games last year -- 27 yards rushing 1 TD and 1 rec for 8 yards against NE, 54 yards rushing 1 TD and 1 rec for 8 yards against Jets.

FBGs projections right now have him only at 6 points (they have Karlos Williams around 6-8 points, so obviously that could change). I don't exactly love his talent but at (min price) $4,500 is this a foolish punt at RB2? The matchup against the Titans is decent, but they gave up just 12.3 points to all 3 Bucs RBs combined in week 1. Other matchups have been much better (Gore at 22 pts, Crow at 13 pts).

Rotoworld has poo-pooed Dixon as the Bills RB if McCoy/Karlos are out, noting he's a plodder with career 3.4 ypc. Still, give him 12 caries at that average and a touch and he's at 10 points.

Seems too risky to play Thursday before we know the status of McCoy and Karlos for Sunday. But IF he's the starter... only needs 9 points to hit value. He had 1 yard and 1 TD in Week 1, and had a couple decent games last year -- 27 yards rushing 1 TD and 1 rec for 8 yards against NE, 54 yards rushing 1 TD and 1 rec for 8 yards against Jets.

FBGs projections right now have him only at 6 points (they have Karlos Williams around 6-8 points, so obviously that could change). I don't exactly love his talent but at (min price) $4,500 is this a foolish punt at RB2? The matchup against the Titans is decent, but they gave up just 12.3 points to all 3 Bucs RBs combined in week 1. Other matchups have been much better (Gore at 22 pts, Crow at 13 pts).
The cliche reply is, for a gpp, sure.

wow

gllllll

A Thursday night contest for $25 entry. Winner gets a ticket into the Bootleg, everyone else gets nothing.
Nice win.

Floyd&Johnson hurt in SD

wanted to go with Rivers but don't see how I can

Eli is only $200 more

Someone tell me why FBG (and other sites' projections) are so low on Blount this week. Per PFF, the matchup is perfect in every way. Blount is coming off a great performance too. I know it comes down to guessing Bellichick RBs and all that, but the signs are all there.

Agree with this. Well said. :thumbup:

Heh... after placing dead last out of 3100+ using that same strategy I am wary of using cheap RBs even in GPPs. I figured Rawls would get a fair number of touches with Lynch out in a must win for Seattle. Also, figured that a wet game + winds ~16mph would cause the Eagles and Redskins to run more than usual. Both Rawls and Mathews had a good games the week before. Jones + Cobb + Beckham... what could go wrong? Apparently, quite a bit.

Matt Hasselbeck $4,800 Salary 2.2%Owned 15.38
Thomas Rawls $6,000 Salary 4.8% Owned 5.2
Ryan Mathews $5,900 Salary 0.7% Owned 0
Julio Jones $9,400 Salary 40.4% Owned 5.8
Randall Cobb $8,200 Salary 37% Owned 6.9
Odell Beckham Jr. $9,100 Salary 8.8% Owned 6.3
Greg Olsen $6,300 Salary 22.6% Owned 3.8
Mason Crosby $5,000 Salary 10.7% Owned 5
Seattle Seahawks $5,300 Salary 14% Owned 9
Total 57.38

Someone tell me why FBG (and other sites' projections) are so low on Blount this week. Per PFF, the matchup is perfect in every way. Blount is coming off a great performance too. I know it comes down to guessing Bellichick RBs and all that, but the signs are all there.
Because Belidick seems like he gameplans to screw with fantasy players in the running game. Also there's the fact that Dallas can be had so many different ways.

Heh... after placing dead last out of 3100+ using that same strategy I am wary of using cheap RBs even in GPPs. I figured Rawls would get a fair number of touches with Lynch out in a must win for Seattle. Also, figured that a wet game + winds ~16mph would cause the Eagles and Redskins to run more than usual. Both Rawls and Mathews had a good games the week before. Jones + Cobb + Beckham... what could go wrong? Apparently, quite a bit.

Matt Hasselbeck $4,800 Salary 2.2%Owned 15.38
Thomas Rawls $6,000 Salary 4.8% Owned 5.2
Ryan Mathews $5,900 Salary 0.7% Owned 0
Julio Jones $9,400 Salary 40.4% Owned 5.8
Randall Cobb $8,200 Salary 37% Owned 6.9
Odell Beckham Jr. $9,100 Salary 8.8% Owned 6.3
Greg Olsen $6,300 Salary 22.6% Owned 3.8
Mason Crosby $5,000 Salary 10.7% Owned 5
Seattle Seahawks $5,300 Salary 14% Owned 9
Total 57.38
Wow. That's a pretty glorious lineup right there. Similar to some of mine, but you definitely win.

I don't think there's anything else to be said.

Users who are viewing this thread