What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

elshagon

Footballguy
After 123 pages and 6132 scintillating replies in the other thread I know FBG readers have not had enough of all things Christine Michael. Perhaps this thread can be about playing time for the Cowboys or whatever other team or department store he's now playing for.

Note: side effects of owning Christine Michael may include testicular inversion, inner-ear euphoria, olfactory hallucinations, toe jam, sudden unexplained onset of cursing in baby voice and ball cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 123 pages and 6132 scintillating replies in the other thread I know FBG readers have not had enough of all things Christine Michael. Perhaps this thread can be about playing time for the Cowboys or whatever other team or department store he's now playing for.

Note: side effects of owning Christine Michael may include testicular inversion, inner-ear euphoria, olfactory hallucinations, toe jam, sudden unexplained onset of cursing in baby voice and ball cancer.
So you express hope that we can focus on relevant discussion on michael in this new thread and then you proceed to move in the exact opposite direction, even making flippant remarks about testicular cancer.

So you express hope that we can focus on relevant discussion on michael in this new thread and then you proceed to move in the exact opposite direction, even making flippant remarks about testicular cancer.
Yeah, the only thing worse than this idea is the execution of it.

You haven't been here long enough to get the ball cancer jokes. That had to be close to 10 years ago....

You haven't been here long enough to get the ball cancer jokes. That had to be close to 10 years ago....
I don't think any type of cancer is anything to joke about. Not 10 years ago and not now either. Not trying to be a stick in the mud but just how I feel.

I don't think any type of cancer is anything to joke about. Not 10 years ago and not now either. Not trying to be a stick in the mud but just how I feel.
There are no sacred cows in comedy.

Very funny

Very Funny!!!

But the Yoda quotes on the other hand :unsure:

Very funny

Very Funny!!!But the Yoda quotes on the other hand :unsure:
A larger db than you, one may not find. How was that one?

In competitive gaming, any successful strategy is quickly decried as "cancer."

I guess this could be applied to the Cowboys' running game except that Michael isn't successful.

Very funny

Very Funny!!!But the Yoda quotes on the other hand :unsure:
A larger db than you, one may not find. How was that one?
warranted

We should keep this section for discussion on CMike's one snap of actual football for discussion..

Then perhaps we could discuss any practice (fake) football in the FFA link provided ex. It should be okay for McFadden owners/dreamers to post there..

per rotoworld:
ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Cowboys are not planning to sign another running back despite losing Lance Dunbar (knee) for the season.

It means Christine Michael is locked in as Jason Garrett's No. 3 running back, and will be getting touches on Sundays. Long a favorite of the fantasy community, Michael has notched just 54 touches in 2.5 seasons. He's a freak athlete, but hasn't shown much feel for the game. Nevertheless, his upside remains tangible. There are worse players to use your final roster spot on in 12-team leagues.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter
Oct 6 - 7:19 PM

The Donald says that you are the problem with America today.

Let's try this again.

This is from the original post by Black (2/27/13):

At the East/West Shrine game, Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com said:

“Michael has been the top back in practices....He has a powerful frame and he’s displayed an explosive burst to and through the hole. He doesn’t have natural hands out of the backfield, but he’s still a very intriguing prospect."

His numbers were excellent at the combine...top 5 in many categories for RB:
Drill Results Rank
Bench Press: 27 Reps 4th
40-Yard Dash: 4.54 seconds 10th
Vertical Jump: 43” 1st
Broad Jump: 10’5” 2nd
Cone Drill: 6.69 seconds 1st
20-Yard Shuttle: 4.02 seconds 1st
60-Yard Shuttle: 11.56 seconds 6th

He's had injuries, attitude issues, apparently isn't great in pass pro, and now overslept at the combine, missing a couple of Team interviews.
http://m.nfl.com/new...outing-combine/

Michael is the new Marshawn Lynch. Remember those years of debates about whether Lynch should be starting over Jackson?

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Cowboys are not planning to sign another running back despite losing Lance Dunbar (knee) for the season.
It means Christine Michael is locked in as Jason Garrett's No. 3 running back, and will be getting touches on Sundays. Long a favorite of the fantasy community, Michael has notched just 54 touches in 2.5 seasons. He's a freak athlete, but hasn't shown much feel for the game. Nevertheless, his upside remains tangible. There are worse players to use your final roster spot on in 12-team leagues.

Oh jez..he'll never crack the starting line up anywhere or he would have already by now. He lost his chance in Seatle by a rookie and aging vet. Beast mode re signed for four years. If Seatlle had confidence and really liked him.They would have told Lynch to go back to Cali.

The Donald says that people who don't find humor in cancer are the problem? Uhhh yeah I doubt that. He believes that we are too pc these days and I generally agree. I'm far from pc generally speaking. But a few things I would never joke about:

1) cancer

2) someone who has any kind of terminal horrific illness.

3) children who are very sick or who have autism.

I don't think that's being pc I look at that as not being a pos d-bagaroones.

But to each their own.

Who says Teh anymore?

That phrase has been around as long as "Cmike" has been waiting to get his shot.

The Donald says that people who don't find humor in cancer are the problem? Uhhh yeah I doubt that. He believes that we are too pc these days and I generally agree. I'm far from pc generally speaking. But a few things I would never joke about:

1) cancer

But to each their own.

The cancer thing wasn't about cancer at all. As someone else pointed out it's a reference to an old FBG thread where someone referred to a running back as having "ball cancer". Everyone assumed the guy actually had cancer but the OP was simply trying to say the RB was going to be stealing carries from the other RB's. Has nothing to do with cancer at all. The joke is about miscommunication and misunderstanding in reference to RB's stealing caries, thus relevant to this situation. Sure, the joke was probably only funny and recognized by the few who remember.

1) cancer

But to each their own.
Elephantitis?

IRVING -- The excitement about Christine Michael began to swell immediately after Seattle shipped him to Dallas for a conditional 2016 seventh-round pick last month. The fervor increased in the days leading up to last Sunday, when he was activated by the Cowboys for the first time.

Could the former second-round choice help solve the problems experienced by the Cowboys' running game? Could he make any kind of measurable impact?

But for 53 minutes and 23 seconds fans those questions went unanswered. He stood on the sideline of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, waiting for an opportunity. Then he got one with 6:37 left in the fourth quarter. The Situation? Third-and-1 at the Dallas 39-yard line with the Cowboys trailing 20-13.

Michael took the handoff, leaned left and then cut right into the teeth of New Orleans' defense. Before Michael could even get back to the line of scrimmage, he was stopped by Bobby Richardson and Brandon Browner for a one-yard loss.

The play never looked as if it would succeed. The Saints had eight players stacked near the line of scrimmage, because they had to figure that Michael, a bruiser, would get the ball if the Cowboys were using him now for the first time with one yard separating Dallas from a first down. In fact, Browner was in the right spot to tackle Michael because he moved back towards the middle, following Cowboys receiver Devin Street when he was sent in motion to settle in behind tight end Jason Witten.

Chalk this up as a mistake by the Cowboys' coaches, who put Michael in a position to fail on his first carry since joining the team.

Why would they wait until a crucial, pressure-packed moment late in the game to unveil Michael when they go out of their way to make sure their quarterbacks establish a rhythm during the scripted portion of the game plans every week? Why would they tip their hand on the play-call by deploying Michael in that particular situation, hinting at their strategy with a personnel choice?

As Jason Garrett said, "we really had him as our short-yardage back."

That was obvious to everyone, including Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

Sure, players are supposed to execute at the NFL level. But coaches are expected to give them the best chance to succeed, too. Garrett and his assistants didn't do that for Michael, and everybody paid the price for it.

IRVING -- The excitement about Christine Michael...

Sure, players are supposed to execute at the NFL level. But coaches are expected to give them the best chance to succeed, too. Garrett and his assistants didn't do that for Michael, and everybody paid the price for it.
:lmao: the melodrama

10 carries minimum this week. Just posting for posterity since I made the claim in the locked thread. He won't get the Dunbar role. That is probably McFadden's though Randle is suited for it also. He will be the short yardage back. He might get the start if the anger with Randle has legs. He might take McFadden's role so Darren can be cop 3rd down guy. He may take his role so Darren can have Joe's role, who really might be in the doghouse. He may just get a long look in a blow out. ;)

I need the circle around the star to find this thread easily so posting here now; hopefully it improves and becomes news and solid analysis only. I posted in the orignal thread very early on after seeing Christine Michael in Seattle preaseason his rookie year and being very impressed with his running ability. I do think there is potential for more touches in Dallas and added him last Saturday to my ff team prior to him being declared active on Sunday to make sure I have him on my team because I'm a believer.

Users who are viewing this thread