What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (5 Viewers)

Bashing on Bloom for putting his flag in the ground and sticking with CM is easy to do now. Everyone misses on players. He's hit on players in the past too. He did similar things with Kelce last year and it paid off. But I do admit the man crush on CM sticks out in his opinions. The second I saw him and others in this thread using his 1 carry the other game as a positive I laughed. Greatest 6 yards in a long time.
Yes hindsight is 20/20, but to upgrade the 4th string RB after game 1 because the starters didn't wow is ridiculous. Again, Lacy has been worse than Randle but Starks hasn't gotten a weekly upgrade.

It seems like a lot of the FBG contributors get stuck on "their guy" and they won't let go. What's wrong with having several guys, and some pan out and some don't? You see it in this thread... People are clinging to hope that cm will work out, many of them just for their ego boost so they can say, "look I called it." Great, good for you. We've all gotten a player right and we've all gotten them dead wrong. When you pay for content you're kind of paying for an unbiased view of everyone. I have my biased opinions on players, and it's why my team looks very similar every year. I'd prefer a level headed approach to my information. I think it's clear FBG has too many people who cling to their guy and their articles show their bias. I think the info in this forum is more timely, more unbiased (or at least several opinions allowing one to see through the bias and observe the big picture), and more informative. Says a lot about most of the people in here. Some of the folks in here ought to start their own website, seriously.
Agreed. But at least it's easy to identify the hero call in this case. Last year it was Cody Lattimore. I just ignore the advice when I don't necessarily agree. I like most of Blooms work. But I do find his waiver bid amounts oddly skewed some weeks as you pointed out.

My $0.02 on the continuing theme of paid content and subscription value.

Dr. Brew, do you not see the irony of continually bashing the paid content of this site while at the same time playing up the info found on a FREE message board maintained by the resources of this site?

You suggest others start their own website like its that easy to host a site with this much traffic and all of the demands. Dodd's response to you in whatever thread that was in was perfectly reasonable. Perfectly. You have choices as a consumer. If its not worth it to you to suscribe then don't.

I subscribed for the first time this year. I have always been successful at FF and did a lot of research on my own and got insight from these boards and other places. This year with a second kid being born and other life stuff I paid basically for DD because I had done so little prep. The weekly content could be better but I view it as just more info out there in the FF internet sphere. I know whose opinions match up more with my way of thinking and who's don't. Some of the content is better than others but in the end its all just opinions based on certain data points and subjective info.

The value to me is in DD, the subsciber contest, and supporting the resources that allow this board to be up and running every day with tons of knowledgeble and varied info and opinions that has helped so many, including me, get a head start on guys like Diggs, and Dion Lewis, C. West, and others.

And its on this board that you get the monstrosity of discussion known as the C-Mike threads.

Oh yeah......C- Mike

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Opinions are like....

Might want to check the author on the Up/Down piece before calling someone out. Also may want to give it a few weeks to play out before making an ### of yourself because, well, this is fantasy football...stranger things have happened
I don't understand this at all... First, Bloom does write the upgrade/downgrade articles. It even says, "by Sigmund Bloom, exclusive to Footballguys.com"Second, how long do we give it? Here's a break down week by week starting with the first upgrade/downgrade week 2. It's sad... Like watching the dorky kid asking the prom queen out over and over and over and over...

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 5-10% except in short bench leagues) - Michael was inactive, but Joseph Randle was only adequate and the Cowboys running game in general didn't dominate like it last year. With Dez Bryant out for a while, the team could feel more urgency to see what they have in Michael. The Seattle castoff could amount to nothing, but he can also change the outlook of this backfield instantly if he gets on the field

Week 3:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 25-50%) - Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden have had two chances to show something and they haven't. Michael's chance is coming soon, if not in Week 3 against the Falcons. The talent is there to be this year's CJ Anderson, although the loss of Romo and Bryant for a good part of the season limits Michael's ceiling.

Week4: (surprised he was able to stomach a downgrade). Apparently one good game was enough to turn Michael into a drop able player, even though you just spent 50% FAAB on him the week before

RB Christine Michael, DAL - Joseph Randle closed the door on Michael getting a callup because Randle hasn't been producing. If an injury strikes Dallas's backfield and Michael can get on the field, he'll be worth a pre-emptive pickup on the strength of his talent and the Dallas running game, but he's droppable for now.

Week 5: in case you dropped him last week after spending 50% FAAB, now you can pick him back up for 15%

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 7-15%) - Michael got one measly unsuccessful short yardage carry, but he was up, Joseph Randle was ineffective and a near goal line fumble seemed to draw the ire of the Dallas coaches. If Michael can bring his physical urgent style to this offensive line, their blocking could become invigorated. Michael is still a textbook talent/situation/opportunity

Week 6:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 5-10%) - Michael looked good on his one run, finding the outside lane and gaining six yards on a short yardage carry. Joseph Randle is running hard, but eventually the Cowboys have to try to see what they have in Michael, right?

Week 7:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 25-50%) - There are numerous reports that Michael will get a chance to win the Cowboys backfield, if not outright start in Week 7. The Cowboys offense should improve with Dez Bryant and eventually Tony Romo back in the mix in the second half of the season. Michael's talent is well-documented and prodigious despite his uneventful NFL career to date. You want to have him on your roster when we see what he does with more work.

Week 8:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - Michael's opportunity came in the form of a Joseph Randle injury and Darren McFadden took it. The bye week hype amounted to nothing in Week 7. Michael is still more than capable and at least the Cowboys running game is on track, and with Joseph Randle missing time, Michael is a Darren McFadden injury away from being the #1 back.

Interesting... I missed the weekly upgrade of James Starks (a #2 backup no less vs a #4/inactive and now #3 RB) in lieu of Lacy running kind of ineffective this season

Lacy: 260/1, 9 rec/83, 49 fp in my league

Randle: 315/4, 10 rec/86, 74 fp in my league

After all, isn't James Starks "an injury away from being the #1 back?" And hasn't Lacy been playing worse than Randle?

I think we've given it "a few weeks to play out." In fact, it's been half the season...

-DR
I don't see the problem. Bloom predicted CMike will be this year's CJ Anderson. And he's spot on -- CMike is just as useless as this year's CJ Anderson.Home run.
Bloom is just a risk taker and someone who likes to go for the home run instead of the guys who have a lower ceiling but are more of a sure thing. Not trying to defend him as I also see Cmike as a drop or maybe end of the bench stash in deeper leagues. Just pointing that out so when you hear his advice you can generally know that he overvalues guys who he perceives to have a higher ceiling/lower floor and undervalues the ones that he perceives to have a lower ceiling/higher floor.
there is zero evidence that c Mike is a home run. None. He has never done anything in his nfl career which at this point is more than halfway over.It's just stupid, terrible advice.

Opinions are like....

Might want to check the author on the Up/Down piece before calling someone out. Also may want to give it a few weeks to play out before making an ### of yourself because, well, this is fantasy football...stranger things have happened
I don't understand this at all... First, Bloom does write the upgrade/downgrade articles. It even says, "by Sigmund Bloom, exclusive to Footballguys.com"Second, how long do we give it? Here's a break down week by week starting with the first upgrade/downgrade week 2. It's sad... Like watching the dorky kid asking the prom queen out over and over and over and over...

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 5-10% except in short bench leagues) - Michael was inactive, but Joseph Randle was only adequate and the Cowboys running game in general didn't dominate like it last year. With Dez Bryant out for a while, the team could feel more urgency to see what they have in Michael. The Seattle castoff could amount to nothing, but he can also change the outlook of this backfield instantly if he gets on the field

Week 3:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 25-50%) - Joseph Randle and Darren McFadden have had two chances to show something and they haven't. Michael's chance is coming soon, if not in Week 3 against the Falcons. The talent is there to be this year's CJ Anderson, although the loss of Romo and Bryant for a good part of the season limits Michael's ceiling.

Week4: (surprised he was able to stomach a downgrade). Apparently one good game was enough to turn Michael into a drop able player, even though you just spent 50% FAAB on him the week before

RB Christine Michael, DAL - Joseph Randle closed the door on Michael getting a callup because Randle hasn't been producing. If an injury strikes Dallas's backfield and Michael can get on the field, he'll be worth a pre-emptive pickup on the strength of his talent and the Dallas running game, but he's droppable for now.

Week 5: in case you dropped him last week after spending 50% FAAB, now you can pick him back up for 15%

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 7-15%) - Michael got one measly unsuccessful short yardage carry, but he was up, Joseph Randle was ineffective and a near goal line fumble seemed to draw the ire of the Dallas coaches. If Michael can bring his physical urgent style to this offensive line, their blocking could become invigorated. Michael is still a textbook talent/situation/opportunity

Week 6:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 5-10%) - Michael looked good on his one run, finding the outside lane and gaining six yards on a short yardage carry. Joseph Randle is running hard, but eventually the Cowboys have to try to see what they have in Michael, right?

Week 7:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - (waiver wire: 25-50%) - There are numerous reports that Michael will get a chance to win the Cowboys backfield, if not outright start in Week 7. The Cowboys offense should improve with Dez Bryant and eventually Tony Romo back in the mix in the second half of the season. Michael's talent is well-documented and prodigious despite his uneventful NFL career to date. You want to have him on your roster when we see what he does with more work.

Week 8:

RB Christine Michael, DAL - Michael's opportunity came in the form of a Joseph Randle injury and Darren McFadden took it. The bye week hype amounted to nothing in Week 7. Michael is still more than capable and at least the Cowboys running game is on track, and with Joseph Randle missing time, Michael is a Darren McFadden injury away from being the #1 back.

Interesting... I missed the weekly upgrade of James Starks (a #2 backup no less vs a #4/inactive and now #3 RB) in lieu of Lacy running kind of ineffective this season

After all, isn't James Starks "an injury away from being the #1 back?" And hasn't Lacy been playing worse than Randle?

I think we've given it "a few weeks to play out." In fact, it's been half the season...

-DR
I don't see the problem. Bloom predicted CMike will be this year's CJ Anderson. And he's spot on -- CMike is just as useless as this year's CJ Anderson.Home run.
Bloom is just a risk taker and someone who likes to go for the home run instead of the guys who have a lower ceiling but are more of a sure thing. Not trying to defend him as I also see Cmike as a drop or maybe end of the bench stash in deeper leagues. Just pointing that out so when you hear his advice you can generally know that he overvalues guys who he perceives to have a higher ceiling/lower floor and undervalues the ones that he perceives to have a lower ceiling/higher floor.
there is zero evidence that c Mike is a home run. None. He has never done anything in his nfl career which at this point is more than halfway over.It's just stupid, terrible advice.
Calling any Bloom advice stupid pretty much discredits whatever you say.

Ok let's do some actual fantasy football.

The Cowboys average ~26 carries per game, which is top 5 I believe.

The Seahawks' opponents run around 21 times a game, ~15th in the league.

The Cowboys know throwing the ball is a risky proposition.

What will be the carries for McFadden and Michael vs the Seahawks?
:goodposting:

but will certainly get overlooked amidst all the Bloom bashing, CMike sarcasm, and thread mocking...

What are the odds that McFadden gets hurt in the next two games? 100%?

Christina Michael looks like a prima donna bust, but he might win the starter job by default.
Come on.
Ok, so I exaggerated.

If someone spends a huge chunk of their free agent budget hoping that McFadden helps them win the next two weeks, I can understand the logic. But McFadden has skinny legs that have been injury-plagued his entire career. Counting on McFadden for more than two or three weeks goes directly against the data.

Opinions are like....

Week 3:

Week 6:

Week 7:

Week 8:

-DR
Calling any Bloom advice stupid pretty much discredits whatever you say.
Yes he is going to be wrong from time to time...

So Cbs (per Dallas Morning News) is reporting that Randle threw a fit upon learning that McFadden would be the starter and left the facility. Apparently at some point he returned or at least will be back tomorrow. But at any rate it sounds more like a demotion than a substitution while injured. Stay tuned.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html

Randle went AWOL on Wednesday. Status with team to be discussed on Thursday
So he left for a personal issue that hasn't been disclosed yet and this is the Dal media spin?Have we not learned how unreliable they are by now?
You're right, it had nothing to do with being demoted. And his history is impeccable.

Maybe he was having baby?

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html

So he left for a personal issue that hasn't been disclosed yet and this is the Dal media spin?Have we not learned how unreliable they are by now?
You're right, it had nothing to do with being demoted. And his history is impeccable.

It helps if you actual read things...From the article;

"Per a source, Randle did not leave the facility because he was upset about being surpassed on the depth chart by running back Darren McFadden, a move owner Jerry Jones announced Tuesday."

"Per a source, Randle did not leave the facility because he was upset about being surpassed on the depth chart by running back Darren McFadden, a move owner Jerry Jones announced Tuesday."
Still, his decision to go AWOL and miss a treatment session has frustrated a Cowboys staff that has grown increasingly impatient with Randle’s litany of troubles.

Randle was arrested twice in a four-month span from last October to February as he was investigated for shoplifting, marijuana possession and domestic violence.

He further drew the ire of the Cowboys in May when he disrespected 2014 NFL leading rusher DeMarco Murray by saying he left some meat on the bone during his team-record 1,845-yard season.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html#storylink=cpy
Believe what you want to believe. He could just explain what was so "personal".

Still, his decision to go AWOL and miss a treatment session has frustrated a Cowboys staff that has grown increasingly impatient with Randles litany of troubles.

Randle was arrested twice in a four-month span from last October to February as he was investigated for shoplifting, marijuana possession and domestic violence.

He further drew the ire of the Cowboys in May when he disrespected 2014 NFL leading rusher DeMarco Murray by saying he left some meat on the bone during his team-record 1,845-yard season.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article41776050.html#storylink=cpy

There is nothing of substance in that article other than he left for personal reasons. I'll wait until we actual get some facts to believe anything. I'm certainly not going to believe thus terrible peice of spin.

I am not dropping michael yet. Everyone was massively disappointed last week BC McFadden got the opportunity, but frankly we were all expecting rankle and McFadden to stay ahead of michael in that game. All of the news in the day or 2 before the giants games up until kickoff pointed to everyone staying in their respective roles but that michael would get more carries...which he did...and he did well with some of them. And he received praise from his head coach for that after the game.

So overall he is trending in the right direction, and now randle is injured and/or insane and the coaches seem fed up with him. McFadden is the new starter but he is injury prone ND also who here believe that they are going to continue to give McFadden 29 carries each game? How long do you think his chicken legs will last with that workload? So let's say McFadden gets 15-20 carries per game, there's plenty of room for michael to start getting 8-12 carries per game. If he shows well with that workload and McFadden slows down or gets nicked up the door is wide open.

I still view michael as a lottery ticket worth holding onto (admittedly just barely worth it).

jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
KingPrawn said:

Still, his decision to go AWOL and miss a treatment session has frustrated a Cowboys staff that has grown increasingly impatient with Randles litany of troubles.

There is nothing of substance in that article other than he left for personal reasons.I'll wait until we actual get some facts to believe anything. I'm certainly not going to believe thus terrible peice of spin.
Did you not just say it helps, "if you actually read things"? Clearly, I did.

And then you went on to state that there is nothing of substance from the article. Nice backtrack. I simply illustrated my take on on it.

Just so we're clear, you accused me of not reading it. Then when I pointed out what I saw in it, you decide the article is a "terrible piece of spin".

You can spin any of this how you want, but again, thinking this malcontent didn't run away from being demoted is ignorant, at best.

On RickyG's point I do think the Boys will have to run a lot and I don't think the coaches really want to hand Mac 30 touches again. Last week the Randle injury caught them off guard and CM wasn't prepared for a bigger plate. I think they will have to give him at least one series to himself. However I doubt Randle has been demoted to 3rd string, just 2nd. If and when Michael gets a full series he will have to make it count. No matter what happens he won't be pushing Mac out the way though barring injury.

Randle's leadership will be lauded by JJ today.

Last weekend wasn't Christmas for CMIKE owners, more like Hanukkah...just keeps on giving

jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
KingPrawn said:

There is nothing of substance in that article other than he left for personal reasons.I'll wait until we actual get some facts to believe anything. I'm certainly not going to believe thus terrible peice of spin.

And then you went on to state that there is nothing of substance from the article. Nice backtrack. I simply illustrated my take on on it.

Just so we're clear, you accused me of not reading it. Then when I pointed out what I saw in it, you decide the article is a "terrible piece of spin".

You can spin any of this how you want, but again, thinking this malcontent didn't run away from being demoted is ignorant, at best.
The funniest part of the above is that gerbil27 selectively quotes the one part of the article he likes (or what he wants to see in it).

And then turns right around only to denounce it, telling me "it helps if you read things". Yet when I pointed to the part he doesn't want to acknowledge, he goes back to "a terrible piece of spin". :lmao: See what you want to see gerb29 but it usually doesn't work out so well like that.

On RickyG's point I do think the Boys will have to run a lot and I don't think the coaches really want to hand Mac 30 touches again. Last week the Randle injury caught them off guard and CM wasn't prepared for a bigger plate.
I thought it was reported that the Cowboys were going to give CM more reps during the bye to prepare him for more work, so how was he not prepared for a bigger plate last weekend coming off the bye?

On RickyG's point I do think the Boys will have to run a lot and I don't think the coaches really want to hand Mac 30 touches again. Last week the Randle injury caught them off guard and CM wasn't prepared for a bigger plate.
I thought it was reported that the Cowboys were going to give CM more reps during the bye to prepare him for more work, so how was he not prepared for a bigger plate last weekend coming off the bye?
Right I agree but I don't know, maybe they gave him just what they planned for, ~5 carries. But now they have a week knowing that Randle will be out, facing the Seahawks, starting Cassel, and knowing McFadden's history, they can gameplan differently. Maybe Linehan indeed doesn't like the way CM does certain things, but do you really think they will put 75% (29-11) of the rushing game on McFadden again? After Randle went out between the 2 RBs it was 29-5 in carries. Also, Whitehead got 4 carries last week, is that going to happen again? A 20/10 split doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
KingPrawn said:

Still, his decision to go AWOL and miss a treatment session has frustrated a Cowboys staff that has grown increasingly impatient with Randles litany of troubles.Randle was arrested twice in a four-month span from last October to February as he was investigated for shoplifting, marijuana possession and domestic violence.

The funniest part of the above is that gerbil27 selectively quotes the one part of the article he likes (or what he wants to see in it).

And then turns right around only to denounce it, telling me "it helps if you read things". Yet when I pointed to the part he doesn't want to acknowledge, he goes back to "a terrible piece of spin". :lmao: See what you want to see gerb29 but it usually doesn't work out so well like that.
I picked it because it was one of the few parts linked to well... an actual source. You're spin is almost as good as theirs.

But yeah, you read the article so you already know that, right?

Holy cow, he left for personal reasons, or he left out of anger, does it matter? Both ways it's him going Awol - ie without leave/permission. He missed a treatment session, that's not ok. Actually personal reasons would be worse because then he just left and no one would have known why. The report is he left the locker room with his pads on and just didn't come back.

Randle didn't practice Wednesday because of a strained oblique. He walked out of the locker room in shoulder pads while carrying his helmet 20 minutes into the practice session and began to work on the side with an athletic trainer.

Afterward, when Randle was scheduled for treatment, he couldn't be found. Club officials scrambled to determine where he had gone.

Multiple sources said Randle left Valley Ranch to meet with people he trusted to help him clear his head and talk through what happened. Those same sources said Randle was dropped off at the team's practice facility late Wednesday afternoon, got into his car and left.

jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
kOOk said:
jurb26 said:
KingPrawn said:

Still, his decision to go AWOL and miss a treatment session has frustrated a Cowboys staff that has grown increasingly impatient with Randles litany of troubles.Randle was arrested twice in a four-month span from last October to February as he was investigated for shoplifting, marijuana possession and domestic violence.

I picked it because it was one of the few parts linked to well... an actual source.You're spin is almost as good as theirs.

But yeah, you read the article so you already know that, right?
All I know is that you claimed it to be Dallas media spin.

Then when questioned, you actually cited it to prove your point (bias). You yourself turned to it minutes after discounting it. Ironic to say the least.

Then you tried to say I didn't read it. Which was false.

And when I quoted parts of it, which you obviously did not like, it became a "terrible piece of spin" again.

In short, backtrack and flip-flopping galore. Nice work.

The saga continues....

I traded for then dropped Michael in one league. He's sitting there for free in another where I need a RB for week 9 bye. Thinking of picking him up and getting sucked back in......

Hahaha this thread is hysterical. Emotional roller coaster at its finest.

Im in! Just picked him up.

I'm out! Guys a turd

Ok I'm back in! Here's hoping.

He sucks! His coaches know it.

He oozes talent. That's why he's getting more oops.

He'll be the starter out of the bye.

He's still the 3rd string and maybe 4th behind laquesha whitehead!

Pure gold

Users who are viewing this thread