What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

That's what I'm getting at. I can't imagine that they wouldn't give him some first team reps. It appears he will be active every week now and will see the field more often than once.

During the week are fans allowed in to watch the team practice or is it only media? I want to see how we actually get the news beyond local beat writers. In advance, excuse me if this is a stupid question.
No fans - media only and it is only to a portion of a practice usually when the players do drills.

he just needs to show enough this game to merit more time with the first team offense heading into the bye next week. then come out of the bye as a larger piece of the offense

Fat Nick said:
bulger2holt said:
Please have a good game so I can trade you
Come on...If he goes to the tune of 12/89/2, there isn't a person who owns him who would look to trade him b/c the speculation for the following week would be 20/140/3.
If you call that a good week, i'd hate to see your definition of a great week.

He's definitely a run to daylight kind of back -- you can see in that vid he didn't press the line, but immediately cut back to the open lane. With Browner in the gap Michael tried to put a move on, but the defender spun right into CM's juke and it was over.

If a team wants the back to press the LOS and hit the called hole that sort of run is probably pretty frustrating. I wonder if that's what the SEA coaches were talking about with him not running to "dark creases".

Last edited by a moderator:
He's definitely a run to daylight kind of back -- you can see in that vid he didn't press the line, but immediately cut back to the open lane. With Browner in the gap Michael tried to put a move on, but the defender spun right into CM's juke and it was over.

If a team wants the back to press the LOS and hit the called hole that sort of run is probably pretty frustrating. I wonder if that's what the SEA coaches were talking about with him not running to "dark creases".
Was there any other "light crease" to run to?

Stephen Jones on @BenandSkin: RB rotation will be Randle starting, McFadden a couple series later, then C-Mike. Go with hot hand from there.

Jon machato on Twitter. It's happening?

It seems reasonable to expect him to actually get some work this week. He was active last week and with Dunbar out there may be more snaps available for a RB who isn't Randle/McFadden. I'd look for him to get 5-6 carries at least. Anything is possible though.

Stephen Jones on @BenandSkin: RB rotation will be Randle starting, McFadden a couple series later, then C-Mike. Go with hot hand from there.Jon machato on twitter. Hot hand = cmike.

Never mind, they're saying he got the same amount of practice reps as last week which probably means he's not going to get a huge load of carries.

Rotoworld:

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said Friday the team will "ride the hot hand" at running back against New England this week.

Jones said Joseph Randle would get the nominal start, Darren McFadden will enter "a couple series later," and Christine Michael will enter thereafter. Whomever performs the best in his early-game opportunities will lead the backfield the rest of the way. We'll be interested to see just how much running Dallas will actually be able to do against the Patriots, who are coming off a bye week. Without Tony Romo and Dez Bryant available to control the clock on offense, Rod Marinell's defense has been shredded in back-to-back games.

Source: Jon Machota on Twitter Oct 9 - 9:50 PM

This is a good posting.

This is a good posting.
I basically said this same thing in the game thread or other CM thread and people acted like I was crazy. On 3rd and 1 I'd imagine that yes, most coaches want you to press the hole. Especially given that the cut back wasn't there. This run shows a lack of instincts IMO. That could be the issue Sea and others have had all along. Granted, it's one run.

Got offered McFadden for CMike- Dynasty
Why would anyone even roster DMC anymore? He'll be out of the league within 2 years and on the high end has another 3-4 TDs in him.
Some people play in leagues where points still count in 2015 & 2016, not just 2017 & beyond.
Yea, bc he'll prob score a lot points this season, maybe even more next year.
He'll probably score more than CM, which is all that really matters.

Why would anyone even roster DMC anymore? He'll be out of the league within 2 years and on the high end has another 3-4 TDs in him.
Some people play in leagues where points still count in 2015 & 2016, not just 2017 & beyond.
He at least will score more than Michael this year, and for all we know, both could be out of the league next year.

This is a good posting.
I basically said this same thing in the game thread or other CM thread and people acted like I was crazy.On 3rd and 1 I'd imagine that yes, most coaches want you to press the hole. Especially given that the cut back wasn't there. This run shows a lack of instincts IMO. That could be the issue Sea and others have had all along. Granted, it's one run.
I'm not sure I agree that the cutback wasn't there. The designed play failed to materialize and he saw a cutback that put him one-on-one (at the moment he made the cutback) with a safety which is a matchup most coaches would probably expect their RB to win (a win would have been picking up the first in this case). The DL just made a great play to help out Browner.

I think people are being way too critical of Michael on that one run and not giving enough praise to the DL who made an excellent play.

This is a good posting.
I basically said this same thing in the game thread or other CM thread and people acted like I was crazy.On 3rd and 1 I'd imagine that yes, most coaches want you to press the hole. Especially given that the cut back wasn't there. This run shows a lack of instincts IMO. That could be the issue Sea and others have had all along. Granted, it's one run.
I'm not sure I agree that the cutback wasn't there. The designed play failed to materialize and he saw a cutback that put him one-on-one (at the moment he made the cutback) with a safety which is a matchup most coaches would probably expect their RB to win (a win would have been picking up the first in this case). The DL just made a great play to help out Browner.I think people are being way too critical of Michael on that one run and not giving enough praise to the DL who made an excellent play.
The DLman you are giving credit to was blocked. The G did his job but CM cut back into the same direction of the successful block was taking the DLman. :shrug: Maybe I'm too critical of CM. I'm pretty critical of all players, though and have been accused of being too critical many times. Personally, I don't think most people are critical enough.

Rotoworld:

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said Friday the team will "ride the hot hand" at running back against New England this week.

Jones said Joseph Randle would get the nominal start, Darren McFadden will enter "a couple series later," and Christine Michael will enter thereafter. Whomever performs the best in his early-game opportunities will lead the backfield the rest of the way. We'll be interested to see just how much running Dallas will actually be able to do against the Patriots, who are coming off a bye week. Without Tony Romo and Dez Bryant available to control the clock on offense, Rod Marinell's defense has been shredded in back-to-back games.

How honest is Stephen Jones?

He at least will score more than Michael this year, and for all we know, both could be out of the league next year.
So trade him for DMC :shrug:

Rotoworld:

Could be totally true. The problem is even if they run the hot hand and that guy ends up being CM you are looking at him missing at least 3 series to start the game. By then, NE could be up 17.

Rotoworld:

Could be totally true. The problem is even if they run the hot hand and that guy ends up being CM you are looking at him missing at least 3 series to start the game. By then, NE could be up 17.
This just makes me want to bench Randle and CMike both and start Blount instead. I think that is what I will do. Ugh.

This is a good posting.
I'm not sure I agree that the cutback wasn't there. The designed play failed to materialize and he saw a cutback that put him one-on-one (at the moment he made the cutback) with a safety which is a matchup most coaches would probably expect their RB to win (a win would have been picking up the first in this case). The DL just made a great play to help out Browner.I think people are being way too critical of Michael on that one run and not giving enough praise to the DL who made an excellent play.
The DLman you are giving credit to was blocked. The G did his job but CM cut back into the same direction of the successful block was taking the DLman. :shrug: Maybe I'm too critical of CM. I'm pretty critical of all players, though and have been accused of being too critical many times. Personally, I don't think most people are critical enough.
Are we watching the same play? It was Witten who was blocking Richardson not a guard and the play was pushing the DL to the offenses left and Michael cut back to daylight on the right because it looked like the play was blown up on the left (because Leary got beat badly). When he made the cut the DL was still being driven left, as was the blitzing LB, and only Browner was there to beat. DL made a good play.

Link

Rotoworld:

After three series the Pats could be up 42-0, the Cowboys look that bad and the Pats look that good right now. I wouldn't be optimistic for much fantasy production from any Cowboy this week...except maybe the scoreboard operator and Jerry Jones's Xanax runner.

That's not necessarily what really matters in a dynasty league - I know you know that. Would anyone every really want to start McFadden? If not I'd much rather use the roster spot to take the chance on Michael amounting to something.

Users who are viewing this thread