What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

Seriously blown away that they released Randle. This is a team that would sign Hitler, Moussolini, the leader of Isis, Kanye West, you name it. Why do they hate Randle so much?
Talent wins out. There is a hypocrisy in how talented players are treated vs mediocre players for all teams. Randle was never more than a mediocre talent.

Seriously blown away that they released Randle. This is a team that would sign Hitler, Moussolini, the leader of Isis, Kanye West, you name it. Why do they hate Randle so much?
Talent wins out. There is a hypocrisy in how talented players are treated vs mediocre players for all teams. Randle was never more than a mediocre talent.
Of course, very mediocre. But he was at least competent when healthy and broke off some decent runs behind that line. Knowing DMC's injury history and who they have left, it says a lot that they dumped him. Not complaining of course. It makes me more optimistic that CMike will get his shot. And lucky me, I have to start him this week. :thumbup:

steps away from the drop button. i just can't quit you C-mike.
I am with you here. It pains me to tie up a roster spot for a guy I have so little hope left for, but when you consider he is a DMC injury away from a potential starting role, how can you justify walking away, especially with the rash of injuries we witnessed this past weekend?

I am with you here. It pains me to tie up a roster spot for a guy I have so little hope left for, but when you consider he is a DMC injury away from a potential starting role, how can you justify walking away, especially with the rash of injuries we witnessed this past weekend?
Yep. I used to have a problem where I didn't have roster space for guys like this. Injuries fixed that problem. Now I not only have plenty of space for guys like this, I might have to start some of them. :bag:

Randle out of the picture is pretty interesting. An injury to a guy it seems like 95% of people think is the most fragile player to ever suit up in the NFL and suddenly Michael is lead back for the Cowboys with Romo back in a couple weeks.

Michael torching opponents weeks 12-17 while getting flagged for goofy celebrations and banging helmets with opponents after runs would make the internet crackle like a live wire nonstop.

Yep. I used to have a problem where I didn't have roster space for guys like this. Injuries fixed that problem. Now I not only have plenty of space for guys like this, I might have to start some of them. :bag:
Haha I feel you man, I'm in the same spot.

Lets start praying to the fantasy football gods! :hifive:

c-mike is stacked! his HOF jacket measured in at 50 reg and material needed to be added in the arms. i've heard rumors that he's the "most talented" during showers too. :tebow:

Randle out of the picture is pretty interesting. An injury to a guy it seems like 95% of people think is the most fragile player to ever suit up in the NFL and suddenly Michael is lead back for the Cowboys with Romo back in a couple weeks.

Michael torching opponents weeks 12-17 while getting flagged for goofy celebrations and banging helmets with opponents after runs would make the internet crackle like a live wire nonstop.
Is he though? It could be Rod Smith. Nothing the Dallas staff has done gives any indication that they have any faith whatsoever in Christine Michael.

Is he though? It could be Rod Smith. Nothing the Dallas staff has done gives any indication that they have any faith whatsoever in Christine Michael.
Well I wouldn't say nothing. Cutting Randle is at worst an indication that they like C-Mike more. Simply because C-Mike is still on the team! Haha. I view this as a modest positive. I've held this long, I'm not selling now. Let's see what he can do after McFadden gets hurt.

Guys C-Mike is droppable now. I actually need him to start for the Cowboys because injuries have destroyed my team. It will never happen. McFadden will stay healthy all year and do just enough to keep CM's touches below 10.

You're welcome.

Well I wouldn't say nothing. Cutting Randle is at worst an indication that they like C-Mike more. Simply because C-Mike is still on the team! Haha. I view this as a modest positive. I've held this long, I'm not selling now. Let's see what he can do after McFadden gets hurt.

I think Randle being cut had nothing to do with Christine Michael at all. If McFadden gets hurt, Michael or Smith will get a shot. Or somebody else.

I think Randle being cut had nothing to do with Christine Michael at all. If McFadden gets hurt, Michael or Smith will get a shot. Or somebody else.
You just contradicted yourself. If they would have to start a different back after cutting Joseph, of course the decision had SOMETHING to do with who was left to cover for him. Maybe not a lot, but if the cupboard was bare it would certainly have affected the decision.

I really think the Randle decision had everything to do with Randle. The Cowboys had no faith that Randle could make a positive contribution to the team any longer. Perhaps you could interpret the Cowboys' lack of a move to sign a veteran back following the release of Randle as at least somewhat of a vote of confidence for CMike.

Except they haven't signed a veteran replacement and Michael's touches and targets have been going slowly upward.

Except they haven't signed a veteran replacement and Michael's touches and targets have been going slowly upward.
Touches + Targets have been 1, 1, 6, and 7 over the last 4 weeks...We'll be up to 15 touches by week 16. What we have with him is hardly enough to call it a trend.

I agree with Sabertooth...Signing a veteran replacement might not be the right move, not because C-Mike is trusted or waiting in the wings, but because the team has faith in McFadden. I know everybody gasps and just assumes he'll get hurt, but for every "often injured" guy out there, there's another guy who was labeled "often injured" who goes on to have a great, healthy season.

I don't think the cutting of Randle had anything to do with C-Mike, his "performance" or his ability. It had to do with the fact that Randle is a head case and not a team player.

Touches + Targets have been 1, 1, 6, and 7 over the last 4 weeks...We'll be up to 15 touches by week 16. What we have with him is hardly enough to call it a trend.

I agree with Sabertooth...Signing a veteran replacement might not be the right move, not because C-Mike is trusted or waiting in the wings, but because the team has faith in McFadden. I know everybody gasps and just assumes he'll get hurt, but for every "often injured" guy out there, there's another guy who was labeled "often injured" who goes on to have a great, healthy season.

I don't think the cutting of Randle had anything to do with C-Mike, his "performance" or his ability. It had to do with the fact that Randle is a head case and not a team player.
The "oft hurt" shtick is so bizarre to me because another guy in the same position on the same team was doing this last year as people kept waiting for him to get hurt. I mean I get it. But holding on to a handcuff that Dallas has shown no faith in while waiting for an injury is bizarre to me.

Still watching this thread like a hawk though.

I used my number 1 waiver priority for DMC last week, now I don't have D Williams in that league.

DMC better stay healthy.

Like others, I still can't bring myself to releasing C Mike :kicksrock: I use the excuse as a handcuff in this league, in the league where I don't own DMC, I have no excuse.

I can't quit him either.

at this point he's as valuable as any other handcuff in the league. maybe give him a slight bump for the o-line he would run behind.

I don't see c-mike any different from starks, tevin coleman, buck allen, thomas rawls, karlos williams, jonas gray, jerick mckinnon, and probably a few others. All are players who need an injury to be the starter. Some of which have actually shown they can be productive in full-time roles in meaningful games - something c-mike can't say.

at this point he's as valuable as any other handcuff in the league. maybe give him a slight bump for the o-line he would run behind.

I don't see c-mike any different from starks, tevin coleman, buck allen, thomas rawls, karlos williams, jonas gray, jerick mckinnon, and probably a few others. All are players who need an injury to be the starter. Some of which have actually shown they can be productive in full-time roles in meaningful games - something c-mike can't say.
I'd much rather have Starks.

why?

why?
BC he has proven he could do it and plays in a great offense. If the Cowboys keep losing, maybe they even just shelf Romo for the year, who knows? If they're out of contention by week 14, what do they have to gain by playing him?

I honestly think Starks looks 100x better than Lacy this season too.

The "oft hurt" shtick is so bizarre to me because another guy in the same position on the same team was doing this last year as people kept waiting for him to get hurt. I mean I get it. But holding on to a handcuff that Dallas has shown no faith in while waiting for an injury is bizarre to me.
How is it bizarre when McFadden has never strung together 3 games of 20 carries without getting hurt? And it took the guy who stayed healthy last year only two games with his new team to get hurt.

I understand Michael is a decent handcuff and was obviously overhyped thanks to FBG and other fantasy outlets trying to pimp their sexy sleeper for the year. However, I really feel like this may have hurt a lot of fantasy teams as people missed out on better handcuffs.

How many people holding Michael since week 1/2 on the chance that he might get the starting gig lost out on other more appropriate handcuffs? Now I understand hindsight is 20/20 and no one can predict injuries (a fact that seems to be lost on this thread), but Michael was an inactive fourth string RB, meanwhile appropriate handcuffs were FA in a lot of leagues.

For instance

FBG had an upgrade to Langford when forte trade rumors were spreading. I considered picking up but waited and forte got hurt making him a viable FA pickup this week. I'd rather have had him than Michael.

Deangelo Williams was released by a lot when Bell came back, but he was the #1 RB I believe during the weeks he did start. Talk about a top handcuff.

Other handcuffs that might be more valuable: McKinnon, Karlos Williams, Rawls, Starks, Sims.

Yes, Michael is now 2nd string behind a RB who has a history of injuries, so his value has gotten better as a handcuff. But still... I'd rather have a lot of those other guys.

Maybe you are in dynasty or you have a deep bench and can afford a guy like Michael sitting there, and in that case sure why not, but I feel like a lot of people bought into the hype so much and really missed out on better handcuffs. Even right now I feel like there are still better handcuffs to have, but Michael's value has certainly increased with Randle being released. It has to be concerning that he was given first team reps for two weeks but is still not getting considerable time. Especially since even last year Murray was spelled every two series much like we saw Randle and McFadden split before Randle got hurt. It's telling with Randle gone they are not doing the split time at RB.

Michael is a FA now in my league and I'm probably going to pass on picking him up, but I do have an open spot. I currently have Karlos Williams and Sims on my roster, and I think I'd rather have them than Michael

fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:
fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:

why?
BC he has proven he could do it and plays in a great offense. If the Cowboys keep losing, maybe they even just shelf Romo for the year, who knows? If they're out of contention by week 14, what do they have to gain by playing him?

If we are ranking them based on the value they would have if the guy in front of them were injured, I'd take Starks as well. As I inferred in my initial post, C-mike hasn't proven he can be productive as a lead back, Starks has.

But if we're ranking them based on their current value, I don't think one differentiates himself from the other. Without an injury, they're both nothing more than handcuffs. I think the chances of Mcfadden getting injured are much greater than Lacy, so I'm not sure why you would much rather have Starks.

fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:
fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:

why?

If we are ranking them based on the value they would have if the guy in front of them were injured, I'd take Starks as well. As I inferred in my initial post, C-mike hasn't proven he can be productive as a lead back, Starks has.

But if we're ranking them based on their current value, I don't think one differentiates himself from the other. Without an injury, they're both nothing more than handcuffs. I think the chances of Mcfadden getting injured are much greater than Lacy, so I'm not sure why you would much rather have Starks.
I'd disagree. Lacy has been hurt in every one of his nfl seasons (ankle this season I believe) and coming into the draft the biggest knock on him was his toe and his durability. He has had two concussions I think already

fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:
fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:

why?

I'd disagree. Lacy has been hurt in every one of his nfl seasons (ankle this season I believe) and coming into the draft the biggest knock on him was his toe and his durability. He has had two concussions I think already
Lacy played 15 games his rookie year, 16 last year, and all 7 so far this year. He's less durable than McFadden, got it.

What are the odds that McFadden gets hurt in the next two games? 100%?

Christina Michael looks like a prima donna bust, but he might win the starter job by default.
Yes CM is fools gold but the chances that McFadden gets injured are about as close to 100% as you can get. Same goes for Jstew.

fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:
fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:

why?

Lacy played 15 games his rookie year, 16 last year, and all 7 so far this year. He's less durable than McFadden, got it.
He's played second fiddle to Starks in a lot of games due to minor owies, but yes he hasn't had anything major. His rookie year he got hurt on the first series of the bears game I believe and had a concussion which forced him to miss the next game. He may have started the Bears game but he didn't play much (one carry even I think?) If you want to look at a stat card sure he's played in games but how much did he play? If a player starts a game and gets hurt on the first play that stat shows he played the game. So we can talk stat cards or we can talk real life action

He got a concussion last year but I believe he either passed the protocol or had a bye week to recoup.

This year he has a mysterious ankle injury.

Nowhere did I say he is less durable than McFadden. We can leave the snarky sarcasm out of this.

But you're saying you'd rather have a backup to an injury prone RB on a team with a poor offense instead of a backup RB in one of the most dynamic offenses in the league? And the starters biggest knock on him coming out of college was his durability?

So I take it if you had Starks and I offered you Kendall Gaskins or Pierre Thomas for him you'd take that trade?

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it bizarre when McFadden has never strung together 3 games of 20 carries without getting hurt? And it took the guy who stayed healthy last year only two games with his new team to get hurt.
Because maybe McFadden leveled up.

Not a big fan of the whole "injury prone" mantra. Last year you would have left the up to then off-injured Gronk & DMurray off your list and how did that turn out?

Not a big fan of the whole "injury prone" mantra. Last year you would have left the up to then off-injured Gronk & DMurray off your list and how did that turn out?
It didn't work well when I drafted Arian Foster this year, which is part of the reason I'm in the stupid C-mike thread to begin with.

fantasycurse42 said:
shady inc said:

Or Rawls. Or Williams.

shady inc said:

I'm not even sure he's the handcuff.

shady inc said:

U trollin?

shady inc said:

U trollin?
I would agree here. Over the next week or two we will see if Rod Smith cuts into Michaels carries. I think Rod Smith might be more trusted at this point

shady inc said:

U trollin?
I would agree here. Over the next week or two we will see if Rod Smith cuts into Michaels carries. I think Rod Smith might be more trusted at this point
Based on what?

Based on it'd be difficult to be any less trusted than CMIke. They're down to 2 RBs, and one is getting 80% of the action.

shady inc said:

U trollin?
Based on what?
Look at the snap break down! Before Randle went down, McFadden was taking every third series, and Randle the other two with Dunbar for passing downs

Dunbar gets hurt, now McFadden is the passing down back, and Randle seems to disappear in the second half as the team goes to pass first offense

Now with Randle out one would imagine Cmike would get every third series and McFadden passing downs. After all, this is what the Cowboys did for every game last year (Randle spelled Murray once every three series) and every game this season until Randle went down.

Read between the lines. Yeah it sucks you lost Foster, and I get you really want Michael to save your season, but you're as blind as Bazinga.

He also had egery first team snap for TWO weeks and barely gets any carries for two weeks following? Clearly the team doesn't trust him. It can't be the lack of celebration moves. It's got to be he doesn't know the plays so the coaches don't trust him in the game. What is it if it's not the coaches not trusting Michael? No one seems to be answering this. If the Cowboys are so high on Michael and he's so great, why after 8 weeks, two of those taking all of the first team reps, is he only getting a handful of carries?

I think it will,be telling if Rod Smith picks up the plays and gets meaningful snaps ahead of or equal to Michael in the next week or two. The coaches don't seem to think they can count on Michael because they don't use him

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Brew said:
Hey! There he is, I see you Bazinga...

Start with confidence this week? What's your prediction
You have made some good takes in here Dr. Brew and I agree particularly with the notion that everything that has happened suggests the Cowboys do not have faith in Michael. However is it really necessary to go out of your way to call out other posters directly? I think we all agree that something like that won't end well.

Based on it'd be difficult to be any less trusted than CMIke. They're down to 2 RBs, and one is getting 80% of the action.
they have 5 if you count lucky whitehead getting carries out of the backfield too. when mcfadden goes down cmike could be in a 3 man RBBC, you cant be a bellcow with stone hands and no pass prot skills.

Users who are viewing this thread