What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

Brandon George Verified account ‏@DMN_George 3h3 hours ago

RB Christine Michael, after his chat with Linehan, now talking to athletic trainer Britt Brown. Now laying on field being stretched out.
Jon Machota Verified account ‏@jonmachota 3h3 hours ago

Scott Linehan furious with Christine Michael. Just yelled some expletives to get him motivated. Then came over and talked to him
we're learning why despite his talent he can never take the next step...guy is a knucklehead.

RB Christine Michael, after his chat with Linehan, now talking to athletic trainer Britt Brown. Now laying on field being stretched out.

Scott Linehan furious with Christine Michael. Just yelled some expletives to get him motivated. Then came over and talked to him
we're learning why despite his talent he can never take the next step...guy is a knucklehead.
Dumb ### strains a muscle and isn't running at full speed in practice. No wonder he'll never make it in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumb ### strains a muscle and isn't running at full speed. No wonder he'll never make it in the NFL.
Let's guess Michael said he was loping around because he was tight. I'm guessing coach told to go take a break and stop wasting everyone's time.

I like how the number of pages on this thread is almost longer than the total number of rushing yards he has for the entire season.

Dumb ### strains a muscle and isn't running at full speed. No wonder he'll never make it in the NFL.
Let's guess Michael said he was loping around because he was tight. I'm guessing coach told to go take a break and stop wasting everyone's time.
Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like he got caught and tried to make up some dumb excuse, OC made him eat his words by sending him to the trainer. If he was actually tight and unable to go full speed, he should have gone to the trainer himself instead of trying to practice in a half-### fashion.

Just my guess, obviously. We don't know what was said but it just looks worse and worse every time I hear any actual news. This thread isn't really about news, though.

We've reached peak CM silliness. This kind of stuff happens in every practice, every day. There's no reason to believe he didnt legit need a trainer to stretch him out.

We've reached peak CM silliness. This kind of stuff happens in every practice, every day. There's no reason to believe he didnt legit need a trainer to stretch him out.
Do reporters tweet about stuff like that every practice? Serious question.

That thing with the chest-bumping a Seattle player definitely seems like a red flag.

If you wanna catch up with your former teammates, talk to them after the game. We see that stuff all the time.

But in the middle of a game? After YOU just screwed up?

:crazy:

Yet we don't see multiple tweets about it every day. Hmmm. Someone's in denial

Dr. Brew said:
And above all else... we're to take Cowboy beat writers reports at face value.
I guess when I listen to the game on the radio, and the packers score a touchdown I should consider the idea that they could be lying?Or when I read the paper and it says Packers looking to fix passing game, it's possible that's a load of crap?
Wow... those are the exact same things!!!

Dr. Brew said:
And above all else... we're to take Cowboy beat writers reports at face value.
I guess when I listen to the game on the radio, and the packers score a touchdown I should consider the idea that they could be lying?Or when I read the paper and it says Packers looking to fix passing game, it's possible that's a load of crap?
Wow... those are the exact same things!!!
People at the event reporting on what they are seeing :shrug:

It was the same thing at A&M. This guy has had major character red flags his whole life.#talentprevails

I have a feeling this guy will have a couple nice weeks after DMC gets hurt, and when our playoffs start, he will get benched right before kickoff after rosters are locked.

Yet we don't see multiple tweets about it every day. Hmmm. Someone's in denial
I think we can all agree that, for whatever reason, Michael is the most polarizing 2nd string (technically) player in the league. He gets an inordinate amount of coverage for a player of his accomplishments. Very few 2nd/3rd string players draw the kind of attention that Micahel does, particularly from the fantasy focused community.

If you guys actually watched the game before criticizing you would've seen how much c-mike looks better than mcfadden. on his 9 yard run he looked like a freak of nature. mcfadden mustered up 60 yards on 20 carries (3.2 ypc), even without injury to mcfadden they'll be splitting carries within 3 weeks. mcfadden will still probably get 90% of the passing down looks.
I know who's second account this is!!But if you take away his top two carries he didn't even get a 9 yard run. Furthermore, do you get extra points for looking like "a freak of nature" during a 9 yard run, or is it still only 0.90 points?

Honestly, you can prove anything by cherry picking your runs.

I could say "on his -1 yard run where he ran into the back of his own lineman he looked like an amateur."
cool story bro. all i was saying was if you actually watch real football you'd see he's crazy fast and strong, far superior to mcfadden. just because i talk about mcfadden's YPC doesn't mean i'm talking fantasy here, they keep stats in real football too you know
His athleticism has never been a question in 160 pages. You can even be Christine Michael and the A-gap will still be called the A-gap and they won't reverse the endzones for you. The guy isn't trusted, and what makes the most sense through all of this is he doesn't know the plays. Id sure hope he can run for 9 yards on one of the 4 plays he has learned to memorize over the last 8 weeks.And your cool story bro isn't keeping it excellent nor is it used in the right context. Plz see the moderator post in the previous page. Be excellent!
Memorizing plays isn't the problem. Passing plays where he must know blocking assignments or when to chip before going on x route things like that are the hard stuff for a running back to have to learn playwise, but he hasn't earned the role of the passing back down yet so we're basically judging him as a pure runner right now because that's mainly been his role so far. The holes seldom open up as expected on run plays and the action all happens so fast, I'm sure he knows if he has to run right, wide right, left, or wide left. Leveon Bell is the best back in the league because he's got great acceleration (despite only a 4.6 40), is shifty, a great route runner, and can improvise on the play better than everyone else and get as much as he can from the defense. Michael has rtardedly good acceleration, a better 40, as shifty if not shiftier than Bell (
Wow aren't you hilarious. Michael is more physically talented than Bell, if Michael can slow down and use his blockers and then burst like Bell does he is taking McFadden's job. We have yet to see how good or bad he really is at pass protection.

All of this is noise. Most of us with Michael, even as RB5, are not going to cut him after Randle gets cut and the only player standing in front of him getting significant work behind the Cowboy O-Line is Darren McFadden. It's pretty simple. Now, McFadden could play every down the rest of the year. Some injury prone players do become less so later in their careers. But I'm willing to hold my last roster spot and fade that. Now, are there signs CMike is a nut job? Yes. The chest bumping with Seahawk players, his celebrations at the wrong times, etc makes methinks there are problems. Would I have him in a dynasty league? Never. But he's worth a stash in a redraft, this year. Next year he may be working in a 7-11. We'll see.

It's too much fun to have Michael. Don't care if he does nothing. For a last roster spot he is definitely delivering entertainment. Can't let him go.

I hate it when RBs are too fast.
There's merit to this thinking...I honestly think that's the only problem with Tevin Coleman.

Watch that guy...he's impressively fast. I have Freeman in all my leagues and I worry about that guy learning how to let the blocks develop and read the field. He's a physical freak when he takes off.

I went ahead and scooped up Rod Smith. The C-Mike owner went right behind me and grabbed Trey Williams. So glad I sold this kid coming out of the bye.

I went ahead and scooped up Rod Smith. The C-Mike owner went right behind me and grabbed Trey Williams. So glad I sold this kid coming out of the bye.
Did the same.

Matter of time before he is cut from Dallas. C.Mike owners are in the state of utter denial and delusion. It's hilarious. Also praying for a McFadden injury that may never come. Let's say Darren misses one game. They think CMike will then take the job and not look back.

Right.

An undrafted free agent and 34 year old RB pushed him out of Seattle. Utter bust in every way.

Again over under on him being released sits at 3 weeks.

Did the same.Matter of time before he is cut from Dallas. C.Mike owners are in the state of utter denial and delusion. It's hilarious. Also praying for a McFadden injury that may never come. Let's say Darren misses one game. They think CMike will then take the job and not look back.

Right.

An undrafted free agent and 34 year old RB pushed him out of Seattle. Utter bust in every way.

Again over under on him being released sits at 3 weeks.
:goodposting: I don't know about 3 weeks and cut... Unless they get tired of his shtick and say enough is enough but Dallas has dealt with knuckleheads in the past with a relatively long leash (Adam Jones, Terrell Owens, they put up with Randle longer than I would have thought... I was thinking he'd be cut after he spent a day with the underpants gnomes).

I'll say this offseason he gets cut and finds himself putting a for sale sign on his Bentley

DR

I hate it when RBs are too fast.
There's merit to this thinking...I honestly think that's the only problem with Tevin Coleman.

Watch that guy...he's impressively fast. I have Freeman in all my leagues and I worry about that guy learning how to let the blocks develop and read the field. He's a physical freak when he takes off.
Michael Bennett and Robert Smith

Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like he got caught and tried to make up some dumb excuse, OC made him eat his words by sending him to the trainer. If he was actually tight and unable to go full speed, he should have gone to the trainer himself instead of trying to practice in a half-### fashion.Just my guess, obviously. We don't know what was said but it just looks worse and worse every time I hear any actual news. This thread isn't really about news, though.
He ran hard in practice in his highlight film.

Any support left for this Michael guy is from people who know he isnt any good but will stick by their guns rather than saying they were wrong. He has not had success or has shown anything to make him be successful. Not one, but two teams have barely given him a chance so that says a lot. So why the love? Im really confused people still insist on talking this guy up when he cant start over a guy who just got cut and now a guy who everyone in the world seems to hate because he has been hurt in the past.

Any support left for this Michael guy is from people who know he isnt any good but will stick by their guns rather than saying they were wrong. He has not had success or has shown anything to make him be successful. Not one, but two teams have barely given him a chance so that says a lot. So why the love? Im really confused people still insist on talking this guy up when he cant start over a guy who just got cut and now a guy who everyone in the world seems to hate because he has been hurt in the past.
All Coach's love veterans (see NE).. They know the plays, and their role..

Poor Christine only needs one "aww ####t" in practice too wipe out a whole mess of attaboys..

Think of this little tidbit.. The Coachs can now plan to take some credit for "coaching him up" As opposed to plugging and playing a Texas football player..

When Romo takes the field (planning to Win), and Christine doesnt see a majority of the action? Then ya come in here asking why, who, what for..

A few spent a bit of faab, and aint gonna chase players for one game..

So what is the end game for all the people coming in here talking about how terrible Michael is? It's weird to see the amount of energy invested in a player that so many of you don't like and, likely, don't own.

It's also not very excellent.

I assume there is plenty of non-vocal support from people who have him as a lottery stash like me. We don't need him so we're not talking out loud trying to convince ourselves it's going to happen, but we know there is a small chance. Blount had personal issues, but he got it together. Gore had learning issues, but he's been able to adapt to new offenses over the years. Most of these guys wash out, but sometimes they pull it together at the right time. I'd like to see it happen and know for a fact there is a non-zero chance of it, but no need to post about it. Just hope for some news to break.

Also, on to the bolded, I guess NFL coaches don't hold injury grudges? Pretty weak point on your part.

So what is the end game for all the people coming in here talking about how terrible Michael is? It's weird to see the amount of energy invested in a player that so many of you don't like and, likely, don't own.

I find this stuff just as hilarious as all the blind enthusiasm. It's pretty lame to keep coming in here and pumping a guy, but it is even more lame to come in here just to troll the pumpers. The merged 3 years of Michael threads would be about 2-3 pages long if you removed all the blind pumpers and all the losers who troll the pumpers.

I can't believe this stuff keeps happening in the SP, yet once I asked a troll who was incessantly trolling the Doug Martin thread if he hated Doug so much because he boinked his mom and I got suspended. Wtf moderators? Way to weed out the bad eggs.

I gave him a lottery stash as my 15th round pick this year.....took me less than 4 weeks to know the ticket is a loser.

I am blown away though how many people are really wasting a roster spot. In my redraft we only have 5 bench spots (and one practice squad player who is inactive)....so I can't afford to carry a dud like this. I would have missed out picking up guys like Derrick Carr, Stefon Diggs, Jordan Reed, Antonio Andrews (who is nothing special but real RB depth not hopes and prayers), David Johnson (who IMO is my hand cuff to CJ2K). All quality depth and 3 of them could start for me any week.

So it's a matter of playing smart. You have to know when to say when on a dud pick or pick up. He is a waste of roster space, hoping and praying for a DMac injury which in reality may never really come. And if it did the Cowboys are truly screwed. I mean really really screwed.

They have nothing behind him now. I have to believe they are bringing in backs for looks every week since they cut loose Randle.

I do not understand this. What is the end game for people talking up a 3rd year player who has not been productive? So people are only allowed to talk up players? Pointing out a players faults and also trying to help those who just cant let go or realize something seems helpful. A lot of people own players and hate to part with them, Michael seems to be that guy for many.

It seems like Michael supporters do not want to see the truth or hear about how awful he has been and how he will not have any value unless he gets a chance by default because he isnt earning one. Sorry if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth but not agreeing with you does not mean they are not being excellent.

That being said, if McFadden goes down of course I will scoop him off waivers for a lotto ticket, but I am not hoping for much if he is given a chance.

You serious Clark? Is this your first month in the pool? Folks love arguing fantasy sports. You know this. It's to a large extent harmless and even helpful. Sometimes we get threads like this. It's not often but once in awhile the hype is so over the top it's fun to laugh about. Though I have to go to Tatum Bell days to remember anything like this.

You serious Clark? Is this your first month in the pool? Folks love arguing fantasy sports. You know this. It's to a large extent harmless and even helpful. Sometimes we get threads like this. It's not often but once in awhile the hype is so over the top it's fun to laugh about. Though I have to go to Tatum Bell days to remember anything like this.
Here is a doozy of thread for you.

Wally Lundi. Remember that one?

I assume there is plenty of non-vocal support from people who have him as a lottery stash like me. We don't need him so we're not talking out loud trying to convince ourselves it's going to happen, but we know there is a small chance. Blount had personal issues, but he got it together. Gore had learning issues, but he's been able to adapt to new offenses over the years. Most of these guys wash out, but sometimes they pull it together at the right time. I'd like to see it happen and know for a fact there is a non-zero chance of it, but no need to post about it. Just hope for some news to break.

Also, on to the bolded, I guess NFL coaches don't hold injury grudges? Pretty weak point on your part.

I find this stuff just as hilarious as all the blind enthusiasm. It's pretty lame to keep coming in here and pumping a guy, but it is even more lame to come in here just to troll the pumpers. The merged 3 years of Michael threads would be about 2-3 pages long if you removed all the blind pumpers and all the losers who troll the pumpers.

I can't believe this stuff keeps happening in the SP, yet once I asked a troll who was incessantly trolling the Doug Martin thread if he hated Doug so much because he boinked his mom and I got suspended. Wtf moderators? Way to weed out the bad eggs.
It's like the NFL. It's not the idiot who shoves, it's the guy who reacts that gets the penalty.

Here is a doozy of thread for you.

Wally Lundi. Remember that one?
I remember Wali Lundy when he was at UVA but not the thread. I was a frequenter of another FF bored at the time. Whats funny is that when I just looked up Lundy's wiki page it list him as a rapper and former NFL player. The same stated career path of Christine.

I can think of various players over the years whose hype in the FF community far outweighed their production- Tatum Bell, Kevan Barlow, Finley....and I'm sure plenty of others.

But I cannot think of anyone who has come close to the unwarranted hype of Michael.

End game? That's funny.

I somewhat shamefully have kept CM on on my bench in my dyno just b/c I thought Randle would implode and DMac would get hurt.

Randle imploded. Check box one.

DMac may or not get hurt. History would suggest he will.

So, for now, I still have CM on my bench. It's a deep bench, and my team is pretty well stacked. But lately I've noticed two other players out there that may make more sense to pick up and hold long-term. Hmmm.

Of course, the most sure-fire way I can ensure CM gets playing time is for me to drop him. LOL.

I totally understand why people are down on Michael and why they would post in here to express their point of view and thought process that leads them to that conclusion. What I don't appreciate is the tone of condescension among many of those posters towards the people who choose to hold onto this lotto ticket.

Will those same people come back to eat crow if DMC goes down within the next two weeks and Michael rips off a season-ending RB1 run? I doubt they would do that a lot more than I doubt the chances of C-Mike pulling that rabbit out for patient owners.

I start two RBs, I have two more for depth and my fifth is C-Mike. My logic that he's a fragile DMC injury away from the starting RB slot for a team that's poised to churn out RB1 stats is just as sound as yours that he's a worthless bum (i.e. both speculative). It cost me nothing to roster him and the opportunity cost of his slot hasn't been great enough for me to drop him (yet). I remain fluid. So should you.

Users who are viewing this thread