Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
elshagon

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved

45]

K_4m77uM_bigger.jpegBrandon GeorgeVerified account@DMN_George

Cowboys off coord Scott Linehan yelling at RB Christine Michael to show some tempo & quit walking around. Now has pulled him aside for chat.

11:30 AM - 5 Nov 2015

He's just saving his energy for the game.

45]

K_4m77uM_bigger.jpegBrandon GeorgeVerified account@DMN_George

Cowboys off coord Scott Linehan yelling at RB Christine Michael to show some tempo & quit walking around. Now has pulled him aside for chat.

He's just saving his energy for the game.

:lmao:

Edited by VandyMan

This speaks to what many have speculated as being the biggest obstacle to Michael getting real playing time. Professionalism.

I remember playing pick up basketball in my parent's neighborhood park when I was about 19 or 20. One of the guys playing was a former 2nd round draft pick at WR who didnt last very long in the league. In between games people were talking to him and he was saying things like, "they want you to kiss their ### in the NFL....they want you to be the first one there and the last to leave....they want you to blah blah blah....." and that's why I didnt make it b/c I wasnt willing to kiss anybody's ###."

All I could think was "so they want you to be a professional???" A LOT of guys have talent and physical ability but very few guys combine those with work ethic, attention to detail, commitment and professionalism.

Watching Michael's demeanor and bizarre behavior between plays he just seems like a guy that lacks professionalism and doesnt get it. And if that's the case, it doesnt matter how much talent you have. And I think his talent has been largely overstated anyway.

Maybe it still works out for him and he certainly has an opportunity now but he's hasnt seized his limited opportunities to this point and anecdotes like the quote above have me thinking its likely he never will.

Doesnt get it and not a true professional.

Just close the thread now.

Waiver wire fodder.

Now I'm thinking Rod Smith may get more work than Michael on Sunday. It's becoming clearer and clearer why he never made it in Seattle and why they finally just gave up.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand..... i'm out

No you're not. No one can quit the CMango. Edited by Chaka

No you're not. No one can quit the CMango.

Just dropped him for Nick Folk. In case Crosby gets injured.

• Like 1

x2...I have other very very speculative guys I'd like to add...I think it's time to move on. I agree that there's no way he's an every-down back, even if McFadden gets hurt. This team needs Romo to come back and STAY back more than they need an athletic freak at RB.

Edited by Fat Nick

A football player yelled at for loafing in practice?! Not on my roster. Wait.. I just dropped every player I owned except Larry Fitzgerald.

I am moving on. This latest practice news just did it for me. Although I was really close when I saw C-Mike drop an easy short pass in the Seattle game...and then he just chest bumped or jumped in to the Seattle defender...like C-Mike thought it was funny or something. Bum.

If you guys actually watched the game before criticizing you would've seen how much c-mike looks better than mcfadden. on his 9 yard run he looked like a freak of nature. mcfadden mustered up 60 yards on 20 carries (3.2 ypc), even without injury to mcfadden they'll be splitting carries within 3 weeks. mcfadden will still probably get 90% of the passing down looks.

I know who's second account this is!!

But if you take away his top two carries he didn't even get a 9 yard run. Furthermore, do you get extra points for looking like "a freak of nature" during a 9 yard run, or is it still only 0.90 points?

Honestly, you can prove anything by cherry picking your runs.

I could say "on his -1 yard run where he ran into the back of his own lineman he looked like an amateur."

cool story bro. all i was saying was if you actually watch real football you'd see he's crazy fast and strong, far superior to mcfadden.

Why haven't any of his coaches seen what is so obvious to you?

Can't assume rational coaching, amirite? Bloom will surely be an OC somewhere next year.

No you're not. No one can quit the CMango.

Just dropped him for Nick Folk. In case Crosby gets injured.
But you're still in.

Brandon George Verified account @DMN_George 3h3 hours ago

RB Christine Michael, after his chat with Linehan, now talking to athletic trainer Britt Brown. Now laying on field being stretched out.

Jon Machota Verified account @jonmachota 3h3 hours ago

Scott Linehan furious with Christine Michael. Just yelled some expletives to get him motivated. Then came over and talked to him

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Brandon George Verified account @DMN_George 3h3 hours ago

RB Christine Michael, after his chat with Linehan, now talking to athletic trainer Britt Brown. Now laying on field being stretched out.

Jon Machota Verified account @jonmachota 3h3 hours ago

Scott Linehan furious with Christine Michael. Just yelled some expletives to get him motivated. Then came over and talked to him

we're learning why despite his talent he can never take the next step...guy is a knucklehead.

Brandon George Verified account ‏@DMN_George 3h3 hours ago

Jon Machota Verified account ‏@jonmachota 3h3 hours ago

we're learning why despite his talent he can never take the next step...guy is a knucklehead.

Dumb ### strains a muscle and isn't running at full speed in practice. No wonder he'll never make it in the NFL.

Edited by mbuehner

A football player yelled at for loafing in practice?! Not on my roster. Wait.. I just dropped every player I owned except Larry Fitzgerald.

Maybe somebody should explain the difference between a starter who loafs and a perpetual third stringer that loafs

Dumb ### strains a muscle and isn't running at full speed. No wonder he'll never make it in the NFL.

Let's guess Michael said he was loping around because he was tight. I'm guessing coach told to go take a break and stop wasting everyone's time.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

I like how the number of pages on this thread is almost longer than the total number of rushing yards he has for the entire season.

I like how the number of pages on this thread is almost longer than the total number of rushing yards he has for the entire season.

Include the number of pages in the original CMIke thread and get back to us.

Dumb ### strains a muscle and isn't running at full speed. No wonder he'll never make it in the NFL.

Let's guess Michael said he was loping around because he was tight. I'm guessing coach told to go take a break and stop wasting everyone's time.

Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like he got caught and tried to make up some dumb excuse, OC made him eat his words by sending him to the trainer. If he was actually tight and unable to go full speed, he should have gone to the trainer himself instead of trying to practice in a half-### fashion.

Just my guess, obviously. We don't know what was said but it just looks worse and worse every time I hear any actual news. This thread isn't really about news, though.

We've reached peak CM silliness. This kind of stuff happens in every practice, every day. There's no reason to believe he didnt legit need a trainer to stretch him out.

We've reached peak CM silliness. This kind of stuff happens in every practice, every day. There's no reason to believe he didnt legit need a trainer to stretch him out.

Do reporters tweet about stuff like that every practice? Serious question.

That thing with the chest-bumping a Seattle player definitely seems like a red flag.

If you wanna catch up with your former teammates, talk to them after the game. We see that stuff all the time.

But in the middle of a game? After YOU just screwed up?

:crazy:

Edited by Skoo
  • Like 1

over/under on when he will be cut?

I say 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Yet we don't see multiple tweets about it every day. Hmmm. Someone's in denial

And above all else... we're to take Cowboy beat writers reports at face value.

I guess when I listen to the game on the radio, and the packers score a touchdown I should consider the idea that they could be lying?

Or when I read the paper and it says Packers looking to fix passing game, it's possible that's a load of crap?

Wow... those are the exact same things!!!

I guess when I listen to the game on the radio, and the packers score a touchdown I should consider the idea that they could be lying?

Or when I read the paper and it says Packers looking to fix passing game, it's possible that's a load of crap?

Wow... those are the exact same things!!!

People at the event reporting on what they are seeing :shrug:

It was the same thing at A&M. This guy has had major character red flags his whole life.

#talentprevails

I have a feeling this guy will have a couple nice weeks after DMC gets hurt, and when our playoffs start, he will get benched right before kickoff after rosters are locked.

Yet we don't see multiple tweets about it every day. Hmmm. Someone's in denial

I think we can all agree that, for whatever reason, Michael is the most polarizing 2nd string (technically) player in the league. He gets an inordinate amount of coverage for a player of his accomplishments. Very few 2nd/3rd string players draw the kind of attention that Micahel does, particularly from the fantasy focused community.

• Like 1

If you guys actually watched the game before criticizing you would've seen how much c-mike looks better than mcfadden. on his 9 yard run he looked like a freak of nature. mcfadden mustered up 60 yards on 20 carries (3.2 ypc), even without injury to mcfadden they'll be splitting carries within 3 weeks. mcfadden will still probably get 90% of the passing down looks.

I know who's second account this is!!

But if you take away his top two carries he didn't even get a 9 yard run. Furthermore, do you get extra points for looking like "a freak of nature" during a 9 yard run, or is it still only 0.90 points?

Honestly, you can prove anything by cherry picking your runs.

I could say "on his -1 yard run where he ran into the back of his own lineman he looked like an amateur."

cool story bro. all i was saying was if you actually watch real football you'd see he's crazy fast and strong, far superior to mcfadden. just because i talk about mcfadden's YPC doesn't mean i'm talking fantasy here, they keep stats in real football too you know
His athleticism has never been a question in 160 pages. You can even be Christine Michael and the A-gap will still be called the A-gap and they won't reverse the endzones for you. The guy isn't trusted, and what makes the most sense through all of this is he doesn't know the plays. Id sure hope he can run for 9 yards on one of the 4 plays he has learned to memorize over the last 8 weeks.

And your cool story bro isn't keeping it excellent nor is it used in the right context. Plz see the moderator post in the previous page. Be excellent!

Memorizing plays isn't the problem. Passing plays where he must know blocking assignments or when to chip before going on x route things like that are the hard stuff for a running back to have to learn playwise, but he hasn't earned the role of the passing back down yet so we're basically judging him as a pure runner right now because that's mainly been his role so far. The holes seldom open up as expected on run plays and the action all happens so fast, I'm sure he knows if he has to run right, wide right, left, or wide left. Leveon Bell is the best back in the league because he's got great acceleration (despite only a 4.6 40), is shifty, a great route runner, and can improvise on the play better than everyone else and get as much as he can from the defense. Michael has rtardedly good acceleration, a better 40, as shifty if not shiftier than Bell (
), he's strong, and his career touches total less than 3 games worth so you can't judge how well he can read blocks and his vision in the NFL level yet. With those touches he's had a nice YPC by the way. What he's lacked is opportunity and now he's about to get comparably LOTS.

The only way I see him not taking McFadden's job is if he's literally too fast and doesn't slow down let the blocks develop. That is what you want to work with in an NFL RB.

Ok, so to summarize:

Michael can't pass protect

Michael is better than Leveon Bell

Michael isn't taking McFaddens job away because he (Michael) is too fast

Got it

Wow aren't you hilarious. Michael is more physically talented than Bell, if Michael can slow down and use his blockers and then burst like Bell does he is taking McFadden's job. We have yet to see how good or bad he really is at pass protection.

All of this is noise. Most of us with Michael, even as RB5, are not going to cut him after Randle gets cut and the only player standing in front of him getting significant work behind the Cowboy O-Line is Darren McFadden. It's pretty simple. Now, McFadden could play every down the rest of the year. Some injury prone players do become less so later in their careers. But I'm willing to hold my last roster spot and fade that. Now, are there signs CMike is a nut job? Yes. The chest bumping with Seahawk players, his celebrations at the wrong times, etc makes methinks there are problems. Would I have him in a dynasty league? Never. But he's worth a stash in a redraft, this year. Next year he may be working in a 7-11. We'll see.

• Like 1

Only during the bye week, amirite?

It's too much fun to have Michael. Don't care if he does nothing. For a last roster spot he is definitely delivering entertainment. Can't let him go.

I hate it when RBs are too fast.

There's merit to this thinking...I honestly think that's the only problem with Tevin Coleman.

Watch that guy...he's impressively fast. I have Freeman in all my leagues and I worry about that guy learning how to let the blocks develop and read the field. He's a physical freak when he takes off.

I went ahead and scooped up Rod Smith. The C-Mike owner went right behind me and grabbed Trey Williams. So glad I sold this kid coming out of the bye.

I went ahead and scooped up Rod Smith. The C-Mike owner went right behind me and grabbed Trey Williams. So glad I sold this kid coming out of the bye.

Did the same.

Matter of time before he is cut from Dallas. C.Mike owners are in the state of utter denial and delusion. It's hilarious. Also praying for a McFadden injury that may never come. Let's say Darren misses one game. They think CMike will then take the job and not look back.

Right.

An undrafted free agent and 34 year old RB pushed him out of Seattle. Utter bust in every way.

Again over under on him being released sits at 3 weeks.

• Like 2

Did the same.

Matter of time before he is cut from Dallas. C.Mike owners are in the state of utter denial and delusion. It's hilarious. Also praying for a McFadden injury that may never come. Let's say Darren misses one game. They think CMike will then take the job and not look back.

Right.

An undrafted free agent and 34 year old RB pushed him out of Seattle. Utter bust in every way.

Again over under on him being released sits at 3 weeks.

:goodposting:

I don't know about 3 weeks and cut... Unless they get tired of his shtick and say enough is enough but Dallas has dealt with knuckleheads in the past with a relatively long leash (Adam Jones, Terrell Owens, they put up with Randle longer than I would have thought... I was thinking he'd be cut after he spent a day with the underpants gnomes).

I'll say this offseason he gets cut and finds himself putting a for sale sign on his Bentley

DR

Edited by Dr. Brew

Maybe he'll get cut and go to a new situation where he has a better opportunity for playing time :sarcasm:

I hate it when RBs are too fast.

There's merit to this thinking...I honestly think that's the only problem with Tevin Coleman.

Watch that guy...he's impressively fast. I have Freeman in all my leagues and I worry about that guy learning how to let the blocks develop and read the field. He's a physical freak when he takes off.

Michael Bennett and Robert Smith

Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like he got caught and tried to make up some dumb excuse, OC made him eat his words by sending him to the trainer. If he was actually tight and unable to go full speed, he should have gone to the trainer himself instead of trying to practice in a half-### fashion.

Just my guess, obviously. We don't know what was said but it just looks worse and worse every time I hear any actual news. This thread isn't really about news, though.

He ran hard in practice in his highlight film.