What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

Ok.

So after Darren McFadden, Rod Smith, Bea Arthur, and Kermit the Frog, where does CMike fall on the depth chart?

I am 39 years-old, out of shape, and I've never played a down of football in my life.

Is he in front of me or vice versa?

Damn it I at least had him down for 6 carries tonight and 24 yards.

But more importantly those 3 chest pumps.

Guess I was wrong.

Back to the Cole Beasley and Darren McFadden show.

What is important to a shrinking sect of fantasy owners but apparently means nothing to the Dallas Cowboys or actual production?

You guessed it!!! Christine's SPARQ scores!

Last edited by a moderator:
all jokes aside, I am the idiot if I keep a roster spot on him anymore. I mean, it was like his playing time was kryptonite to the Cowboys. McFadden in every play - and if he rests they go all WR sets. I'm done. Granted, he was never in my lineup, but still...

I've always said he would be productive if given consistent carries, but at this point you have to wonder why two different coaching staffs seem to fear letting him anywhere near the field. The Lynch/Turbin stuff in Seattle never bothered me much because I don't think it necessarily said much about Michael that he was used sparingly there, but the low price that the Seahawks sold him for was a bit of a concern. Seeing that he can't get on the field for even 6-7 carries per game with Randle cut and McFadden as his only competition is pretty damning though. It is jarring when you see that a guy like Shaun Draughn can get into the lineup immediately as an emergency street free agent whereas Michael can't even be trusted with a role after two months in Dallas. I feel like he can run the ball, but maybe he's just a total space cadet off the field. They don't seem to trust him at all.

The trouble from a dynasty standpoint is that his trade value is in the absolute gutter right now. Doubt you could recoup even a 2nd round rookie pick for him and thirds are nearly worthless, so I'm on this train until he's out of the league most likely.

all jokes aside, I am the idiot if I keep a roster spot on him anymore. I mean, it was like his playing time was kryptonite to the Cowboys. McFadden in every play - and if he rests they go all WR sets. I'm done. Granted, he was never in my lineup, but still...
Yeah it's tough to argue in favor of holding him at this point. I don't have the snap breakdown but unless I missed something (and I was away from the television for some long periods) he got zero snaps tonight and Rod Smith got at least two snaps. I said this a few weeks ago and believe it even more strongly now but even if McFadden gets injured for the year the Cowboys are going to bring in a free agent to carry the load and Michael will, at best, be a situational player with a 6 touch upside.

My WW is thin, very thin, but if I see anything worthwhile (including a K to cover Lambo's bye) then Michael is off my roster.

Surely FBGs will be off the train now no?
Surely....unless they go with the "McFadden has been given workhorse usage for 2 games so he's closer than ever to breaking down" angle.

Can't see a reason to hold him any longer and I'm one of the suckers who held for a few weeks, dropped, then picked back up when Randle was cut. I don't even think there's much upside anymore, even if McFadden got hurt and C-Mike got on the field. At this stage, there probably isn't much reason to think he's good at football, let alone that he could be some fantasy saviour.

I've always said he would be productive if given consistent carries, but at this point you have to wonder why two different coaching staffs seem to fear letting him anywhere near the field. The Lynch/Turbin stuff in Seattle never bothered me much because I don't think it necessarily said much about Michael that he was used sparingly there, but the low price that the Seahawks sold him for was a bit of a concern. Seeing that he can't get on the field for even 6-7 carries per game with Randle cut and McFadden as his only competition is pretty damning though. It is jarring when you see that a guy like Shaun Draughn can get into the lineup immediately as an emergency street free agent whereas Michael can't even be trusted with a role after two months in Dallas. I feel like he can run the ball, but maybe he's just a total space cadet off the field. They don't seem to trust him at all.

The trouble from a dynasty standpoint is that his trade value is in the absolute gutter right now. Doubt you could recoup even a 2nd round rookie pick for him and thirds are nearly worthless, so I'm on this train until he's out of the league most likely.
I was of the same opinion as you re: Seattle. However, what's going on in Dallas is very telling.

During the bye week, we were hearing from beat writers that Michael was getting first team reps and would be playing a much larger role; we even heard from Gary Brown about letting Michael 'rock'. Then, suddenly, it was "Randle is starting again". Michael saw very limited action coming off the bye and it has decreased since then, despite all of the Cowboy's issues.

Seemingly, something happened to really sour the coaching staff on Michael. Whether it was on the field in practice or off, they clearly don't trust him and have no interest in seeing what he can do on the field.

I own him in dynasty and it seems like we're reaching the end of the road. Unless something changes, I don't see him making it past the next rookie roster deadline.

Still rostering him, b/c I've got a healthy team, I'm past the worst of my bye weeks, and the ww is very thin. Still, he's at the end of my bench, next to Crockett Gilmore and Terrance Williams, & behind Thomas Rawls.

Look, I think everyone in this thread realizes that he's not the next great RB. But let's take a look at Rawls vs CMike:

Rawls: looked good while covering for Lynch when Lynch was injured. Lynch is now healthy, and generally he has been a decent injury risk over the course of his career.

CMike: has only a pittance of a track record in the NFL. Is now the primary backup to DMC, who has been a terrible injury risk over the course of his career. It's noteworthy that Dallas hasn't done much about adding FA RBs despite the loss of Randle and Dunbar.

On the plus side, at least you're not tempted to start him like JStew and get hung with a 6-8 point week. Sometimes it's good to be 100% wrong rather than 90% wrong.

I am surprised that he is still on the roster.
I am surprised he is on any fantasy roster doesnt matter how deep and doesnt matter dynasty or redraft. We have seen through 2 teams and 3 years that he can not and will not have any impact what so ever in the NFL. He is not a good football players and he does not please coaches into thinking so.

It is the time for people who were on his bandwagon in any way to admit defeat that this hope and dream of thinking this player had value is over. Its finished he is worthless in every sense of the word to fantasy teams.

I am surprised that he is still on the roster.
I am surprised he is on any fantasy roster doesnt matter how deep and doesnt matter dynasty or redraft. We have seen through 2 teams and 3 years that he can not and will not have any impact what so ever in the NFL. He is not a good football players and he does not please coaches into thinking so.

It is the time for people who were on his bandwagon in any way to admit defeat that this hope and dream of thinking this player had value is over. Its finished he is worthless in every sense of the word to fantasy teams.
I've picked him up off waivers about 4 of the last 5 weeks, but after Dallas game has ended weekly (or in the 4th quarter), have promptly dropped him for another rb/wr flyer or streaming dst on a bye. :scared:

Surely FBGs will be off the train now no?
Surely....unless they go with the "McFadden has been given workhorse usage for 2 games so he's closer than ever to breaking down" angle.

Can't see a reason to hold him any longer and I'm one of the suckers who held for a few weeks, dropped, then picked back up when Randle was cut. I don't even think there's much upside anymore, even if McFadden got hurt and C-Mike got on the field. At this stage, there probably isn't much reason to think he's good at football, let alone that he could be some fantasy saviour.
Even if McFadden gets hurt, I don't know that michael gets any more touches than he has...

He's not even getting on the field despite being in a weak backfield that has lost two guys for the year -- it's over. If / when something happens to McFadden IMO it's more likely than not that Smith steps in, or maybe they sign a guy off the street. It's abundantly clear at this point that the combine athleticism he showed doesn't translate on to the football field. Just another case of underwear Olympian =/= football player.

Users who are viewing this thread