What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

McFadden is a proven loser in this league.

Michael is a Super Bowl champion and 2 time NFC champ.

Give him the rock.

$46. $46 of my FAAB down the toilet. For nothing.

They said he was going to get some burn.
Please tell me what fantasy site recommended spending that much money on Michael, so I can subscribe to their site and then unsubscribe in disgust.
I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic...but just in case you're not....it was this site that recommended bids on CM a few times :)

Guy must be dumb as rocks. Only reason he gets no chancesv
Reasonable assumption. Anyone with a 10 or less on the Wonderlic is considered borderline illiterate. CJ Spiller has kept himself off the field for years because he cannot absorb an NFL playbook. Spiller scored a 10, Michael an 11. (ETA ASIDE - it's MC, if you finished 40-45 of the 50 questions inside 12 minutes, it's possible to score 6-11 just guessing on questions you cannot comprehend because you can't read. Literacy is an issue for some of these guys but amazingly people can fake their way through most of life without learning to read.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasonable assumption. Anyone with a 10 or less on the Wonderlic is considered borderline illiterate. CJ Spiller has kept himself off the field for years because he cannot absorb an NFL playbook. Spiller scored a 10, Michael an 11.(ETA ASIDE - it's MC, if you finished 40-45 of the 50 questions inside 12 minutes, it's possible to score 6-11 just guessing on questions you cannot comprehend because you can't read. Literacy is an issue for some of these guys but amazingly people can fake their way through most of life without learning to read.)
OTOH, Frank Gore got the same score as a rock and has been a tremendous pro player.

I do think Michael's off-field "stuff" is probably a contributing factor as to why he hasn't been more successful. Even if you go back to A&M, there was obviously some kind of rift between Michael and Kevin Sumlin. Michael was in a committee even though he was clearly a lot more talented than Ben Malena. People who have seen him up close (such as Michael Robinson) seem to think he can play, so I don't think the answer is just "he's bad."

He has only carried the ball a few times for Dallas and already we've seen some odd behavior, such as the celebration with Bruce Irvin and the taunting flex towards his own sideline. The guy seems to have a couple screws loose upstairs.

FreeBaGeL said:
The Man With No Name said:
I've always said he would be productive if given consistent carries, but at this point you have to wonder why two different coaching staffs seem to fear letting him anywhere near the field. The Lynch/Turbin stuff in Seattle never bothered me much because I don't think it necessarily said much about Michael that he was used sparingly there, but the low price that the Seahawks sold him for was a bit of a concern. Seeing that he can't get on the field for even 6-7 carries per game with Randle cut and McFadden as his only competition is pretty damning though. It is jarring when you see that a guy like Shaun Draughn can get into the lineup immediately as an emergency street free agent whereas Michael can't even be trusted with a role after two months in Dallas. I feel like he can run the ball, but maybe he's just a total space cadet off the field. They don't seem to trust him at all.

The trouble from a dynasty standpoint is that his trade value is in the absolute gutter right now. Doubt you could recoup even a 2nd round rookie pick for him and thirds are nearly worthless, so I'm on this train until he's out of the league most likely.
I've had him for over 2 years, so what's another one and a half until he becomes a free agent and we can see if teams want him, and how much. Holding at least until then unless something happens with him
Wasn't that kind of already answered when no one was willing to best Dallas' offer of basically the minimum you can offer in a trade? To me, that's why the trade was always doubly worrying. It wasn't just that Dallas had to give up so little for him, it was also that Seattle couldn't find someone willing to give anything better.
Also consider who they dealt him to. At the time Dallas was a very good conference rival with a great O-line and a questionable running game (they came really close to facing them in the NFC championship game last year), and they knew they were playing them in week 8 this season.

If they thought he had any chance of improving their team you would think they'd rather just cut him and hope he ended up in Tennessee or something instead of dealing him to Dallas for maybe a 7th round pick.

Romo comes back when McFadden gets one of his multi-week hamstring injuries, who will be the RB? And COP back? They better plan for it.

Reasonable assumption. Anyone with a 10 or less on the Wonderlic is considered borderline illiterate. CJ Spiller has kept himself off the field for years because he cannot absorb an NFL playbook. Spiller scored a 10, Michael an 11.

(ETA ASIDE - it's MC, if you finished 40-45 of the 50 questions inside 12 minutes, it's possible to score 6-11 just guessing on questions you cannot comprehend because you can't read. Literacy is an issue for some of these guys but amazingly people can fake their way through most of life without learning to read.)
OTOH, Frank Gore got the same score as a rock and has been a tremendous pro player.

I do think Michael's off-field "stuff" is probably a contributing factor as to why he hasn't been more successful. Even if you go back to A&M, there was obviously some kind of rift between Michael and Kevin Sumlin. Michael was in a committee even though he was clearly a lot more talented than Ben Malena. People who have seen him up close (such as Michael Robinson) seem to think he can play, so I don't think the answer is just "he's bad."

He has only carried the ball a few times for Dallas and already we've seen some odd behavior, such as the celebration with Bruce Irvin and the taunting flex towards his own sideline. The guy seems to have a couple screws loose upstairs.

Reasonable assumption. Anyone with a 10 or less on the Wonderlic is considered borderline illiterate. CJ Spiller has kept himself off the field for years because he cannot absorb an NFL playbook. Spiller scored a 10, Michael an 11.(ETA ASIDE - it's MC, if you finished 40-45 of the 50 questions inside 12 minutes, it's possible to score 6-11 just guessing on questions you cannot comprehend because you can't read. Literacy is an issue for some of these guys but amazingly people can fake their way through most of life without learning to read.)

So I've finally decided to contribute (ha!) to this thread. I've owned him in two dynasty leagues since he was drafted. I've owned him in a redraft league each year as a flyer. This will be my last year to hold in dynasty, unless something changes quickly.

I keep up with A&M more so than I do FF.

His situation at A&M was incredibly strange. He was very productive when healthy and shouldering a full load. The attitude issue was non-existent until the end of 2012 and caught all of us as a surprise.

2009 - he was a fish and was not a starter. (HC - Mike Sherman)

2010 - he was the starter through the Mizzou game. He got injured in this game, and Cyrus took over. Cyrus ran very well, and retained the starting role. (HC - Mike Sherman)

2011 - he was in a full blown RBBC with Cyrus. He got dinged up against Kansas, and played one more game after the Kansas game, then was out for the year. (HC - Mike Sherman)

2012 - he split time with Ben Malena. During a late non-conference game vs Sam Houston St, he got into a scrum with the SHSU team (he threw a punch). SHSU played very dirty this game, reminded me a good bit of the old Miami teams (not talent, of course). He did come back for the following game against Mizzou, and did not log too much playing time and played well those few plays he was in. I believe it was between the SHSU game, and during this game where Cmike started having an attitude with the coaches. During bowl game prep, the attitude continued, but us A&M fans expected him to play. He suited out for the bowl game against OU, but did not log a snap. (HC - Kevin Sumlin).

2013 Combine - He was a rockstar at the combine. He also overslept and missed 2 team interviews.

At this point, I'm now comfortable saying attitude issues stand in his way. I do not believe it is talent.
1st - Good contribution.

2nd - Sounds like C-Mike is injury prone, he just hasn't been on an NFL field enough to prove that out. Maybe we should roster the whole Dallas backfield just in case.

It was pretty telling that even in run situations, they chose NO back (or Rod Smith flexed out, as others have pointed out) over him.

When the team prefers NOTHING to YOU, then maybe the writing is on the wall.

I finally deciphered that grade-school writing and dropped him for Inman (Yahoo).
I'm still trying to decide who to drop him for but after watching last night's game I don't think it will be Inman.

Gore has dyslexia which is different than being dumb.

I don't see them giving up a 7th at this point. They will cut their losses and sign someone off the street. Or maybe it is too late. I don't know.
The condition for the 7th round pick only required Michael to be active for three games. It's already been satisfied. I doubt they will be dropping him anytime soon, barring any "bone-headedness". Right now it's only him, Smith and Trey Williams behind McFadden, so unless they add another RB they will need the depth. It's possible Smith surpasses him on the depth chart though I guess.
This is exactly what I've been reading to find out. Wow, why would you make him active for three games? I know 7th rounder isn't big but it's something and it's clear Michael is not...

I don't see them giving up a 7th at this point. They will cut their losses and sign someone off the street. Or maybe it is too late. I don't know.
The condition for the 7th round pick only required Michael to be active for three games. It's already been satisfied. I doubt they will be dropping him anytime soon, barring any "bone-headedness". Right now it's only him, Smith and Trey Williams behind McFadden, so unless they add another RB they will need the depth. It's possible Smith surpasses him on the depth chart though I guess.
This is exactly what I've been reading to find out. Wow, why would you make him active for three games? I know 7th rounder isn't big but it's something and it's clear Michael is not...
At this point if I was Dallas, I'd still give up a worthless 7th rounder if DMC was my starter with no one behind him.

Has anyone seen any interviews by him lately? Has any reporter even interviewed him? Would love to hear him talk

A. Luck out 2-6 weeks with a lacerated kidney and this stupid thread is still at the top.
Andrew luck's kidneys aren't about to take over the Dallas backfield and lead fantasy teams to titles
Well now that they're lacerated they're not.
CM would lacerated his kidneys and continue to play just to level the playing field for the other team
Even if CM's kidney's were lacerated this thread would still be at the top.

A. Luck out 2-6 weeks with a lacerated kidney and this stupid thread is still at the top.
Andrew luck's kidneys aren't about to take over the Dallas backfield and lead fantasy teams to titles
CM would lacerated his kidneys and continue to play just to level the playing field for the other team
Well, yeah, because Bloom would Upgrade CM with 77.3% FAAB and claim he's an upgrade because due to his condition, and refusal for care, he is even more motivated to break every rushing record in a short amount of time due to his limited life expectancy

He would also still be more of a winner than McFadden.

i will just talk about character.....being a hawks fan, there is some footage out there that maybe a lot haven't seen (forgive me if this is talked about in this thread or the other one).....Super Bowl parade...if you didnt watch the stage portion, have a look.....All i really remember on the stage in front of the fans, what is this guy doing? parading around like the class clown, sporting his removable gold teeth, right smack in the front of the grill...and getting in camera position to be the guy on camera with his gold teef. told me everything i needed to know about the young C-Mike.

it looked awful sketchy to me seeing him act that way, with his peers. It's almost like they know he's the clown and egged him on.

Caveat* - all this being said, im still all in with a roster spot in 2 keeper/dynasty leagues at no harm to me.

i will just talk about character.....being a hawks fan, there is some footage out there that maybe a lot haven't seen (forgive me if this is talked about in this thread or the other one).....Super Bowl parade...if you didnt watch the stage portion, have a look.....All i really remember on the stage in front of the fans, what is this guy doing? parading around like the class clown, sporting his removable gold teeth, right smack in the front of the grill...and getting in camera position to be the guy on camera with his gold teef. told me everything i needed to know about the young C-Mike.

it looked awful sketchy to me seeing him act that way, with his peers. It's almost like they know he's the clown and egged him on.

Caveat* - all this being said, im still all in with a roster spot in 2 keeper/dynasty leagues at no harm to me.
Racist.

Deamon said:
SharkBait said:
At this point if I was Dallas, I'd still give up a worthless 7th rounder if DMC was my starter with no one behind him.
It's a conditional pick - not positive what the exact conditions are - so he must play a certain # of snaps and/or games for the seahawks to get the pick.

tone1oc said:
Is this thread one of the rare examples where the sequel is better than the original?

I think so
No, the mass surety of the early parts of that thread cannot be overstated...that chapter went on too long and this one is "funnier," but trades and trade rejections based on his 'talent' alone are gold.

tone1oc said:
Is this thread one of the rare examples where the sequel is better than the original?

I think so
No, the mass surety of the early parts of that thread cannot be overstated...that chapter went on too long and this one is "funnier," but trades and trade rejections based on his 'talent' alone are gold.
How many people rejected trades for him? What were they? Or are people too embarrassed to admit it

Either you're stupid or you're ITS playin both sides here, I take both.

Deamon said:
SharkBait said:
It's a conditional pick - not positive what the exact conditions are - so he must play a certain # of snaps and/or games for the seahawks to get the pick.
And no NFL draft pick is worthless, even 7th rounders

Deamon said:
SharkBait said:
Yeah,pretty sure it's been covered here.

Even Bloom and Cecil have finally jumped off the C-Mike bandwagon. And considering how long they rode the Trent Richardson bus, that's saying something.

Got to credit them for taking risks though.

dropped him this week and if you don't see it you don't want to see it. The cowboys actions can't speak any louder. They are giving McFadden nearly 30 touches / game. Sure if McFadden goes down he may have some value but then again Rod Smith may slot in. I'd rather spend my roster spot on Dorial Green-Beckham at this point.

Gore has dyslexia which is different than being dumb.
ok he's bmud

Even Bloom and Cecil have finally jumped off the C-Mike bandwagon. And considering how long they rode the Trent Richardson bus, that's saying something.

When was the last time they were right?

Cecil is worse than Bloom. I'd never take advice from Cecil on a rb.

When was the last time they were right?

Cecil is worse than Bloom. I'd never take advice from Cecil on a rb.
Dion Lewis, Allen Robinson, John Brown come to mind as are a few of the guys that were high on their radar that I targetted and got and they were all very good. CJ Anderson won me a league last year. No one in this industry can predict the future but their high upside philosophy, specifically Bloom, I completely agree with. With that kind of philosophy you are going to swing and miss (which he readily admits) but you are also going to hit home runs. For whatever reason you have a sore spot for them...ignore them then.

Users who are viewing this thread