What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

They were also the reason I picked up jimmy graham weeks before his breakout in the second half of his rookie year - bloom himself describes his strategy with these lottery ticket types as looking to hit half court shots - when they hit, they win you titles.

i will just talk about character.....being a hawks fan, there is some footage out there that maybe a lot haven't seen (forgive me if this is talked about in this thread or the other one).....Super Bowl parade...if you didnt watch the stage portion, have a look.....All i really remember on the stage in front of the fans, what is this guy doing? parading around like the class clown, sporting his removable gold teeth, right smack in the front of the grill...and getting in camera position to be the guy on camera with his gold teef. told me everything i needed to know about the young C-Mike.

it looked awful sketchy to me seeing him act that way, with his peers. It's almost like they know he's the clown and egged him on.

Caveat* - all this being said, im still all in with a roster spot in 2 keeper/dynasty leagues at no harm to me.
Either you're stupid or you're ITS playin both sides here, I take both.
Do us all a favor and ease up on the personal attacks. Please.

Once again I am amazed that a 3rd string RB generates so much passion and how it often turns into vitriol.

Banger said:
Even Bloom and Cecil have finally jumped off the C-Mike bandwagon. And considering how long they rode the Trent Richardson bus, that's saying something.

Got to credit them for taking risks though.
When was the last time they were right?Cecil is worse than Bloom. I'd never take advice from Cecil on a rb.
Dion Lewis, Allen Robinson, John Brown come to mind as are a few of the guys that were high on their radar that I targetted and got and they were all very good. CJ Anderson won me a league last year. No one in this industry can predict the future but their high upside philosophy, specifically Bloom, I completely agree with. With that kind of philosophy you are going to swing and miss (which he readily admits) but you are also going to hit home runs. For whatever reason you have a sore spot for them...ignore them then.
I do. I guess I should have rephrased... When was the last time they were right on a running back?The year CJ busted loose Cecil had a huge thing for Ball. Before that it was Hillman.

Dion Lewis had a tepid upgrade from Bloom after week one if I remember right. Which is why I avoided it and also my previous experience with the NE backfield made me avoid it.

I understand the concept of swinging for the fences but I do feel like often times they get focused on "their one guy" instead of making a wider list of players to watch for.

In my opinion, instead of pimping a fourth string practice squad player who was traded away for practically a bag of balls, they should have looked at other scenarios that posed a much more realistic opportunity for players to emerge. Yes hindsight and all,,but if you could see through the CM smoke from these guys you were able to grab Lewis, or Ingram or Gurley. Guys who had real,opportunity. Not manufactured

I've learned my lesson and I look at these boards over their advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are bad examples - they were all over Lewis the week before then season and in week one, etc., but it is still a valid point. Bloom did list c mike at 50% of budget after he went to Dallas, and I am sure it is true that almost every other player lower on that last has been more valuable.

Anyone still holding him? Can't seem to hit the drop button. He's looked good in his limited opportunities and I just can't fathom DMC staying upright with the load he's carrying.

Banger said:
Even Bloom and Cecil have finally jumped off the C-Mike bandwagon. And considering how long they rode the Trent Richardson bus, that's saying something.

When was the last time they were right?Cecil is worse than Bloom. I'd never take advice from Cecil on a rb.
Dion Lewis, Allen Robinson, John Brown come to mind as are a few of the guys that were high on their radar that I targetted and got and they were all very good. CJ Anderson won me a league last year. No one in this industry can predict the future but their high upside philosophy, specifically Bloom, I completely agree with. With that kind of philosophy you are going to swing and miss (which he readily admits) but you are also going to hit home runs. For whatever reason you have a sore spot for them...ignore them then.
I do. I guess I should have rephrased... When was the last time they were right on a running back?The year CJ busted loose Cecil had a huge thing for Ball. Before that it was Hillman.

Dion Lewis had a tepid upgrade from Bloom after week one if I remember right. Which is why I avoided it and also my previous experience with the NE backfield made me avoid it.

I understand the concept of swinging for the fences but I do feel like often times they get focused on "their one guy" instead of making a wider list of players to watch for.

In my opinion, instead of pimping a fourth string practice squad player who was traded away for practically a bag of balls, they should have looked at other scenarios that posed a much more realistic opportunity for players to emerge. Yes hindsight and all,,but if you could see through the CM smoke from these guys you were able to grab Lewis, or Ingram or Gurley. Guys who had real,opportunity. Not manufactured

Wait, what? You're in a league where the ww choices were CMike, Lewis, Ingram, or Gurley?

Anyone still holding him? Can't seem to hit the drop button. He's looked good in his limited opportunities and I just can't fathom DMC staying upright with the load he's carrying.
Still on my roster (redraft, non-ppr, TEs are not separate from WRs) would have dropped him if Dion Lewis hadn't gotten injured. So I dropped Lewis instead of Michael for Dorial Green-Beckham. Dropped Lambo for Sturgis because I think the Chargers offense is done after losing so many WR & OL.

My options on the WW are all spec picks (RBs David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Tevin Coleman) or limited upside pluggers (Colston, Travis Kelce, Jordan Reed, Ridley, Amendola etc).

I may pull the trigger on Jordan Reed but I'm not sure it's worth the $5 it would cost me.

Dropped him after trading Moncrief for Lacy/Starks (as a total bench/playoff lotto hold). That means DMC will likely blow his knee this week but I'm ok with the CMike closure either way.

Same. I'm still holding. Dropped McCluster instead. Still easier to imagine CMike being an impact starter in weeks 14/15/16. Granted, odds are like 2% versus 1%.

Is this thread one of the rare examples where the sequel is better than the original?

I think so
No, the mass surety of the early parts of that thread cannot be overstated...that chapter went on too long and this one is "funnier," but trades and trade rejections based on his 'talent' alone are gold.
How many people rejected trades for him? What were they? Or are people too embarrassed to admit it
If you even go back year ago (much less longer), pretty sure people were refusing anything that was not mid-first dynasty rookie draft (or equal player value).

I'm holding in my 'lottery pick' roster slot. It's a dynasty league and I can keep him for cheap money. I'm not dropping him until he fails on the field or is out of the league. There is nothing on our ww though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banger said:

Wait, what? You're in a league where the ww choices were CMike, Lewis, Ingram, or Gurley?
Totally missing the point. No. Maybe your league is dynasty and u only have a rookie draft, or you can't trade players.

Banger said:

Totally missing the point. No. Maybe your league is dynasty and u only have a rookie draft, or you can't trade players.
I don't think he's not missing the point by noting those guys being on your waiver wire. If you are in a league that is shallow enough to have Ingram and Gurley on the waiver at any time since draft day, then you should not be choosing guys that are super deep sleepers. Was there ever a point, for even a moment, that Cecil or Bloom advised you to roster CMike over Gurley or Ingram? That's why he's not missing the point... your comparison is just not fair.

Also, the most recent "got it right" moment for these guys has got to be Deangelo Williams, right? Bloom in particular was relentless on keeping him rostered even with Bell healthy. Dion Lewis before that (can't really help that he tore his ACL, he was stellar until then).

I think the caution that everyone should have regarding the opinions from Cecil in particular is to remember that since he covers the team, he talks MORE about their players in general.

I'm holding in my 'lottery pick' roster slot. It's a dynasty league and I can keep him for cheap money. I'm not dropping him until he fails on the field or is out of the league. There is nothing on our ww though.
I just dropped PT and picked up this moron. I think a DMac injury is as likely to happen as anyone else on the wire producing for me in the next few weeks. And he was minimum salary in my contract league.

In all likelihood I will drop him next week to create roster space for ASJ if he is back on the field.

I'm still holding as a lottery ticket. Not really expecting it to cash but you never know. He's still in a better spot for it to happen than he was at the start of the season.

Picked him up as a handcuff to McFadden, just let him go to grab a defense for the playoffs.

I figure if(when) DMac goes down there's no reason to believe CMike will definitely have the starting job, and I have other RBs like Yeldon and Woodhead currently riding the pine just in case.

Still holding. This comes down to him or Ajayi so it is better back (ajayi) vs better o line (dallas)

Now that the Dallas season is pretty much over, it's going to be difficult for Dallas to give Michael 20+ carries in a game now. Consider this ... what if Michael gets 20+ carries and provides a Demarco-like performance with 200+ yards rushing? The Dallas fans will be furious demanding to know why Michael didn't play more earlier and perhaps help add another win or two and keep the playoff hopes alive. From a coaches career perspective it's best, by far, that they ride McFaded all the way to the end and come up with good excuses to not give Michael any more than 5 carries a game.

Now that the Dallas season is pretty much over, it's going to be difficult for Dallas to give Michael 20+ carries in a game now. Consider this ... what if Michael gets 20+ carries and provides a Demarco-like performance with 200+ yards rushing? The Dallas fans will be furious demanding to know why Michael didn't play more earlier and perhaps help add another win or two and keep the playoff hopes alive. From a coaches career perspective it's best, by far, that they ride McFaded all the way to the end and come up with good excuses to not give Michael any more than 5 carries a game.
What?

Might be dropping him for an important handcuff. It's between him and Ertz (my 3rd TE behind Gronk and Eifert) so that shows you how I'm valuing him at this point.

What?
Ya that was dumb. Wasn't even funny creative sarcasm if it was meant to be. If it was meant to be serious.... then ya.... What??

matuski said:
Gandalf said:
Might be dropping him for an important handcuff. It's between him and Ertz (my 3rd TE behind Gronk and Eifert) so that shows you how I'm valuing him at this point.
CMike is the Gronk on your list.
Not understanding you. What do you mean?

Really glad I finally pulled the plug and traded him away. Should have done it 18 months ago. Live and learn.

Basically got DGB for him. Feel good about that.

The Bentley pic paired with the chest bumping his opponents told me all I needed to know.

This guy is making me crazy. Really want to drop him, but the chance of McFadden getting hurt and the possibility of him getting chances in that offense are just too enticing not to keep him at the end of my roster.

He obviously gets no shot unless there is an injury, but if so, he will have lots of opportunities.

I'm bracing for the McFadden injury part of the equation to happen, but the lots of opportunities part still not follow.

I dropped him because I'd rather carry Rawls, Ajayi or David Johnson as a lottery ticket. Does Michael even start over Rod Smith if Mcfadden goes down?

Long Ball Larry said:
This guy is making me crazy. Really want to drop him, but the chance of McFadden getting hurt and the possibility of him getting chances in that offense are just too enticing not to keep him at the end of my roster.
davearm said:
I'm bracing for the McFadden injury part of the equation to happen, but the lots of opportunities part still not follow.
Agree with both takes. I can't seem to quit him. Dropped Alfred Morris instead of Michael (for Jay Ajayi). David Johnson is also on my wire and I like his talent more than Mike's at this point but is he really in line for significantly more touches even with an injury to Chris Johnson? I'm not so sure with Arians calling the shots.

As an Ivory owner Stevan Ridley is probably next in line for me after the injury to Zac Stacy.

But, still, I haven't dropped Michael. There is something pathological about rostering him.

re: Ajayi

I was so close to dropping CMike for him yesterday. But won't Ajayi need a Miller injury to have a real impact? So aren't you basically waiting for an injury anyway and then you end up with a guy with a worse OL?

Is it that there is more confidence that Ajayi gets the touches in the event of an injury?

Like DMC injury rate is 50%, but CMike's probability of becoming the starter if that happens is only 25%? But Miller injury rate is like 20%, but Ajayi's probability of becoming the starter is like 80%?

re: Ajayi

I was so close to dropping CMike for him yesterday. But won't Ajayi need a Miller injury to have a real impact? So aren't you basically waiting for an injury anyway and then you end up with a guy with a worse OL?

Is it that there is more confidence that Ajayi gets the touches in the event of an injury?

Like DMC injury rate is 50%, but CMike's probability of becoming the starter if that happens is only 25%? But Miller injury rate is like 20%, but Ajayi's probability of becoming the starter is like 80%?
I liked what Dan Campbell said about him this week:

News Articles > Campbell again says Ajayi will get more touches.Published Sat Nov 14 9:34:00 a.m. PT 2015
Interim coach Dan Campbell again said rookie RB Jay Ajayi will get "more snaps" after his explosive debut last week.
Analysis: Campbell said he will let game circumstances and performance dictate when they use Ajayi and starter Lamar Miller. ESPN Dolphins reporter James Walker said to "beware" of Ajayi stealing red-zone touches, and it sounds like Campbell is happy using something of a hot hand approach. Miller should remain the clear starter, but Ajayi's presence hurts his value. Ajayi is worth a speculative add in deeper leagues.

If he produces then maybe he can carve out a Ryan Matthews, Karlos Williams type of role which would give him flex value in a pinch. And if Miller does get injured I think Ajayi is clearly in line to be the lead back in Mia. I don't think any of that is a possibility for Michael, who I think only may get opportunities if McFadden gets injured.

Still, I like both of them more than Alfred Morris right now who I think has been officially phased out in Washington. Plus Washington has significant injuries on the offensive line and frankly just doesn't look like a very promising offense ROS.

Users who are viewing this thread