What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (4 Viewers)

In all seriousness, this has to be 100% his mental side of things, no? Or perhaps a blowup with coaches?

Even if the guy isn't very good, why would you cut your backup RB NOW of all times.
It's a lost season. Even if Run DMC gets himself hurt (which is certainly likely) they'll just see what they have in Rod Smith or Trey Williams.
Don't think they'd even bring Tony back if it was a lost season. Figured they're at least going to try to win out and see what happens. Seems like this was done because of his mental issues, not just his talent. With all the other distractions going on in Dallas I don't blame them for cutting him loose.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/283290-dynasty-rankings/page-441

Putting all that aside, it's not really a complicated discussion when you get down to the heart of it. I think Michael is a strong prospect whose opportunity and success are inevitable, and for whom injury is the only legitimate question mark. I arrived at that conclusion by carefully weighing a lot of information. Others have looked at the same points and reached very different verdicts. That's all well and fine. As I've repeated, I'm not here to convince them. I merely wanted to articulate where I was coming from and to say that the idea that people moved Michael up for no good reason isn't necessarily true. I feel like what he showed last fall (and has continued to show) is very significant and that underselling those data points is where the skeptics are (IMO) totally missing the boat.
:whistle:

So who is the mcfadden handcuff now??
Same guy as before.
And if, for instance, we wanted to know who that guy is, his name would be......
Rod Smith. http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/depth-chart
What do we know about Rod Smith and Trey Williams? Is there any chatter about any free agents coming in for a visit? We all know the history on McFadden, so this becomes a very interesting depth chart.

So who is the mcfadden handcuff now??
Same guy as before.
And if, for instance, we wanted to know who that guy is, his name would be......
Rod Smith. http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/depth-chart
So he's not even listed on the depth chart now? WTF?
as a FA, no he is not. They moved quickly.
Damn, just realized he was released... :lmao: Guess that's what I get for actually doing work.

Last edited by a moderator:
so is there any chatter about another team picking him up? like... before the day is over? because i don't want to drop him if that happens

My God. How awful of a locker room presence do you have to be when the team decides you're more of a distraction than Greg Hardy?
He's just not that good. Teams are willing to deal with tools like Hardy if they are good enough. People keep wanting to make it all about his mental stuff, as if it's impossible to miss on the pure talent evaluation. This isn't WR or QB, positions infinitely harder to learn in the NFL. It's RB, a rather simple position.

I guess I can just leave the flowers right here, wish his owners the best, and keep it moving out of the sanctuary. I didnt see this one coming (giggle giggle).

My God. How awful of a locker room presence do you have to be when the team decides you're more of a distraction than Greg Hardy?
This x1,000,000

If you get booted off of the Cowgirls for character issues, you have some serious problems.

I am kind of sad this thread won't be as fun anymore though...

Too bad this news came out after Bloom did his upgrade downgrade for the week. Bloom missed a chance to upgrade Micheal one last time, suggesting you spend all your FAAB on him: "finally the Dallas coaching staff is no longer holding Michael back. Expect him to be picked up in a matter of hours by the Patriots and starting this week."

Too bad this news came out after Bloom did his upgrade downgrade for the week. Bloom missed a chance to upgrade Micheal one last time, suggesting you spend all your FAAB on him: "finally the Dallas coaching staff is no longer holding Michael back. Expect him to be picked up in a matter of hours by the Patriots and starting this week."
He did receive an upgrade this week. Maybe next week he will be downgraded? Or maybe a bigger upgrade as now he is just a RB injury on ANY team from starting?

He did receive an upgrade this week. Maybe next week he will be downgraded? Or maybe a bigger upgrade as now he is just a RB injury on ANY team from starting?
Oh my, youre right. I have started skipping the rbs just because my focus this week is wr only. I need a sleeper to start. Bigger upgrade expected next week

It'd be interesting to go back and tally up Michaels upgrade % for the season compared to any other player. How does a guy get no snaps week 10 but get upgraded for the 8-9th time over the course of those 10 weeks... I could see "holding steady" but upgraded?!

Oh my, youre right. I have started skipping the rbs just because my focus this week is wr only. I need a sleeper to start.Bigger upgrade expected next week

It'd be interesting to go back and tally up Michaels upgrade % for the season compared to any other player. How does a guy get no snaps week 10 but get upgraded for the 8-9th time over the course of those 10 weeks... I could see "holding steady" but upgraded?!
Because DMC didn't score over 10 points this week, so he is on the theoretical hot seat.

Okay, this opportunity seems to really be happening. So its gut check time. I'm sorry if this is too specific for some of you, but there have to be Michael owners finally getting decent offers in dynasty leagues right now, waffling. I'm one. I've been offered Perriman for Gore and Michael, for a building team. Seems like a no-brainer but damn, right when I might get a return on Michael?
No-brainer for the guy getting Gore/Cmike.
Yea, I'm not really a Perriman believer at this point, he's all potential too. In a dynasty haven't been offered anything for him but trade offers are down this year overall.
Trust me, I get the potential Michael has. I've held him for years in this league after spending a late 1st or early 2nd on him originally.

But the opportunity to turn what looked like a bust a month ago into a guy who was just a 1st round WR...that's tempting. Perriman will hold value for a while. If Michael doesn't blow up soon he'll lose all value and you'll be stuck holding nothing.
You guys see what I meant yet?

This reinforces my opinion that people should put more weight into when players are not activated for games. I thought it was a huge red flag when Michael was inactive for so many games, and others disregarded that fact, saying it was reflective of him not playing special teams. This can be seen in the lack of success of many highly touted players. The ones that immediately pop into my head are Justin Hunter and Robert Meachem. If a team thinks so little of you that they don't even bother activating you in case of injury that's a huge red flag, and it should not be shrugged off.

justin forsett bounced around for a couple of years before becoming a starter. could be a similar path for c-mike. i don't think this is the end

justin forsett bounced around for a couple of years before becoming a starter. could be a similar path for c-mike. i don't think this is the end
We've been told for years the guys in front of him have been turds, even gotten lots of cute nicknames for them all. Maybe he isn't done, but the fact that so many supporters can call all these guys who have been standing in his way terrible and yet he continually gets buried on depth charts, held inactive, traded for peanuts and cut despite a slew of injuries to guys in front of him has to leave you thinking he's just not that good.

Oh cool. Now all the tools wil rush in to quote themselves if they got something right. Fun fun
Please see Joes post above. Stay excellent.
I do not agree with calling people names like some are doing for some reason, people make mistakes in evaluating players. But there needs to be some accountability for those who continued to promote this guy regardless of the signs that said he wasnt good as if he was something more than just a guy.

Not one thing suggested that this guy was anything more than a scrub. Not one. Other people hyping a player is not a reason. He never showed anything.

I think this bumps his value. Better to cut ties with a bad m that wont start him. There are teams out there that can handle head cases.

Users who are viewing this thread