What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (4 Viewers)

Oh cool. Now all the tools wil rush in to quote themselves if they got something right. Fun fun
Please see Joes post above. Stay excellent.
I do not agree with calling people names like some are doing for some reason, people make mistakes in evaluating players. But there needs to be some accountability for those who continued to promote this guy regardless of the signs that said he wasnt good as if he was something more than just a guy.

Not one thing suggested that this guy was anything more than a scrub. Not one. Other people hyping a player is not a reason. He never showed anything.
What kind of accountability would you suggest for failed magic football prognostications?

And dozens upon dozens of threads are started every year about scrub players who have their fan club but never amount to everything. However, for whatever bewildering reason, Michael is a flashpoint for some people.

Oh cool. Now all the tools wil rush in to quote themselves if they got something right. Fun fun
I do not agree with calling people names like some are doing for some reason, people make mistakes in evaluating players. But there needs to be some accountability for those who continued to promote this guy regardless of the signs that said he wasnt good as if he was something more than just a guy.

Not one thing suggested that this guy was anything more than a scrub. Not one. Other people hyping a player is not a reason. He never showed anything.
What kind of accountability would you suggest for failed magic football prognostications?And dozens upon dozens of threads are started every year about scrub players who have their fan club but never amount to everything. However, for whatever bewildering reason, Michael is a flashpoint for some people.
Michael was pimped out by FBG from day one more than any player I can remember since the ploys to motivate Tatum bell.

Others were so obnoxious in this thread pimping him they were told to never post in these threads again

Comparing this thread to others hyping a scrub is like comparing apples to lawn mowers

What kind of accountability would you suggest for failed magic football prognostications?

And dozens upon dozens of threads are started every year about scrub players who have their fan club but never amount to everything. However, for whatever bewildering reason, Michael is a flashpoint for some people.
I forget its the internet and there is no nuance. I was just having a general thought to the people getting upset at people making reference to them being wrong with quotes. When you make predictions and people remind you of it and it turns out to be wrong you have to take your licks. Others get upset with remarks like above. Thats what I mean when I say take accountability.

You know why. He was one of those darlings of the fantasy and draft world, the guy who oozed talent but slipped in the draft because of things having nothing to do with his talent.

Those guys always get the benefit of the doubt, by a lot of fans.

There were a lot of his fans that ignored the signs. In fact, they blamed the dumb coaches for not playing him.

I wouldn't say I am enjoying this, but it's kind of funny.

He was a second round pick at one point.

I watched him play in college when evaluating him and I was pretty impressed with what I saw. He also had some outstanding combine measurables.

After that he had a couple nice runs in the preseason that suggested the talent might translate to the NFL.

Since then he has been inactive and behind more RB than just Lynch and has not shown anything positive since really. Perhaps that block he made in preseason this year?

I recall Faust characterizing Michael's personal issues as a yellow flag (all of this in the old thread). We knew he had issues with his college coaching staff then, there was reason for concern, but that concern was not so great as to make it a red flag, just a yellow flag and based on the information we had at that time, I thought that was reasonable.

Michael was not a feature RB in college and was not used as much in the passing game. So there was some reason to think he may need to develop in pass protection to get an opportunity to play.

As time went on and Michael still was not activated for any games, there was nothing to evaluate about him.

I do remember being very high on him leading into the 2013 season. But the longer it was that he still did not get any opportunity to play. I gradually gave up on this possibility.

At the same time the Dallas situation is good enough for any RB to do well if given the opportunity. I drafted and picked up Seastrunk as a flyer just because of the situation (although I did like some of Seastruncks talent as well). So perfectly reasonable to take a flyer on Michael or any warm body that plays the RB position that Dallas acquires.

Where I think there is some disconnect in peoples opinion about Michael is that they valued him as more than a flyer, when there really wasn't much evidence to support that after he was drafted.

Based on peoples comments here, it seems that Bloom may have talked more about Michael than he did other flyers or players in better position to contribute to a FF team than Michael had. This gives the impression that Michael is somehow special and not like your typical flyer type prospect. So I can understand why some people might not appreciate all the attention given to this player who really hasn't done anything at the NFL level.

You know why. He was one of those darlings of the fantasy and draft world, the guy who oozed talent but slipped in the draft because of things having nothing to do with his talent.

Those guys always get the benefit of the doubt, by a lot of fans.

There were a lot of his fans that ignored the signs. In fact, they blamed the dumb coaches for not playing him.

I wouldn't say I am enjoying this, but it's kind of funny.
Maybe some people can use this as a learning experience.

I have my doubts. But it is possible some will.

Yeah its so bewildering!!! What could the reason be? :rolleyes:

justin forsett bounced around for a couple of years before becoming a starter. could be a similar path for c-mike. i don't think this is the end
We've been told for years the guys in front of him have been turds, even gotten lots of cute nicknames for them all.Maybe he isn't done, but the fact that so many supporters can call all these guys who have been standing in his way terrible and yet he continually gets buried on depth charts, held inactive, traded for peanuts and cut despite a slew of injuries to guys in front of him has to leave you thinking he's just not that good.
Michael ended up being a turd himself, but that doesn't mean that all the reasons for hanging on to him were off base. This is a prime example, IMO. Let's look at the guys he has been behind for any length of time:

Lynch is obviously not a turd, and nobody ever said that he was.

The Seahawks preferred Turbin to Michael in passing situations, and he's subsequently been cut by two teams.

Randle was given his shot as the incumbent, but everyone knew that he was a headcase and he was subsequently cut.

That just leaves McFadden, who is averaging 3.8 YPC this year after averaging less than 3.5 YPC the previous three years. Hardly the stuff of legend.

Michael has a career 4.6 YPC, so it seems fair to assume that it's not his actual running of the football that's the main hangup that the coaches have with him. Given that nobody here knows what's going on behind the scenes, it wasn't unreasonable based on what we do know to think that Michael could do more than any of those guys if given a shot.

Maybe he's just too dumb to get down the offense/protections. Maybe he's a goofball, or a trouble maker, or simply not committed to his job. Whatever the reason, it's obvious now that it's serious enough that he'll likely never get that shot.

What I don't get is all the people playing the "It should have been obvious he was a bust." card. How obvious could it be if not a single person here knew what the actual problem with Michael was? There was speculation based on inference, but it is still just speculation and having one's speculation be better than another's doesn't really make for great chest-thumping material.

Anyway, I'm glad this is over.

What kind of accountability would you suggest for failed magic football prognostications?And dozens upon dozens of threads are started every year about scrub players who have their fan club but never amount to everything. However, for whatever bewildering reason, Michael is a flashpoint for some people.
Could have something to do with people calling an opinion that McFadden has more value moving forward "irrational." Of course all the evidence supported it then and still does now.

I'm fine with name calling

I went ahead and scooped up Rod Smith. The C-Mike owner went right behind me and grabbed Trey Williams. So glad I sold this kid coming out of the bye.
Did the same.

Matter of time before he is cut from Dallas. C.Mike owners are in the state of utter denial and delusion. It's hilarious. Also praying for a McFadden injury that may never come. Let's say Darren misses one game. They think CMike will then take the job and not look back.

Right.

An undrafted free agent and 34 year old RB pushed him out of Seattle. Utter bust in every way.

Again over under on him being released sits at 3 weeks.
Damn......although it did not take a genius to figure this call out.

LOL.

Maybe some people can use this as a learning experience.

I have my doubts. But it is possible some will.
I also have my doubts. As some of us said the same thing following the crash-and-burn of the Trent Richardson hype train, when some of the same posters started guaranteeing Michael's future success. To give one an idea of how over-the-top some of the praise was for Michael, here is a sample from an older thread:

Adrian Peterson and LaDainian Tomlinson were also combine warriors. Doesn't mean they couldn't play the game. I'm not saying Michael is on their level, but let's look at the facts here:

- Best athlete of the incoming RB class by a wide margin.

- 2nd round NFL draft pick.

- Drew immediate raves in training camp practices.

- Led the NFL in preseason rushing yards and looked very good doing it.

- Heir apparent to the starting job on a very good team.

[...]The ONLY thing keeping this kid from top 10 dynasty RB value today is opportunity.
We will know for certain if anyone learned from this only when the next junk science raves are given that a player is a "can't miss" prospect due to his: draft "pedigree", talent (read combine scores) and preseason numbers. If people are skeptical of getting on the bandwagon the next time, then yes, maybe they have learned something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two very good post by eastonblues22 and massraider.

The majority of the rest of you not named Chaka are really weird.

justin forsett bounced around for a couple of years before becoming a starter. could be a similar path for c-mike. i don't think this is the end
We've been told for years the guys in front of him have been turds, even gotten lots of cute nicknames for them all.Maybe he isn't done, but the fact that so many supporters can call all these guys who have been standing in his way terrible and yet he continually gets buried on depth charts, held inactive, traded for peanuts and cut despite a slew of injuries to guys in front of him has to leave you thinking he's just not that good.
Michael ended up being a turd himself, but that doesn't mean that all the reasons for hanging on to him were off base. This is a prime example, IMO. Let's look at the guys he has been behind for any length of time:

Lynch is obviously not a turd, and nobody ever said that he was.

The Seahawks preferred Turbin to Michael in passing situations, and he's subsequently been cut by two teams.

Randle was given his shot as the incumbent, but everyone knew that he was a headcase and he was subsequently cut.

That just leaves McFadden, who is averaging 3.8 YPC this year after averaging less than 3.5 YPC the previous three years. Hardly the stuff of legend.

Michael has a career 4.6 YPC, so it seems fair to assume that it's not his actual running of the football that's the main hangup that the coaches have with him. Given that nobody here knows what's going on behind the scenes, it wasn't unreasonable based on what we do know to think that Michael could do more than any of those guys if given a shot.

Maybe he's just too dumb to get down the offense/protections. Maybe he's a goofball, or a trouble maker, or simply not committed to his job. Whatever the reason, it's obvious now that it's serious enough that he'll likely never get that shot.

What I don't get is all the people playing the "It should have been obvious he was a bust." card. How obvious could it be if not a single person here knew what the actual problem with Michael was? There was speculation based on inference, but it is still just speculation and having one's speculation be better than another's doesn't really make for great chest-thumping material.

When your shipped out for a 7th round pick and a 34 old RB and undrafted FA make you expendable......huge huge red flags.

Again I took a flyer on him in redraft for a 15th round pick....after week 4 I kinda knew it was over before it ever started. He has serious "between the ears" issues.

But I can understand why a lot of guys stuck with him based on his physical talent. He did have some great measurables. But you can't measure heart, desire, work ethic, and locker room presence from the combine numbers.

The Seahawks letting him go was the first red flag. The second was his absolute inability to race up the depth chart on a team with inferior physical talents. McFadden is old and injury prone as we all know and Joseph Randle was never anything special to me.

Michael ended up being a turd himself, but that doesn't mean that all the reasons for hanging on to him were off base. This is a prime example, IMO. Let's look at the guys he has been behind for any length of time:Lynch is obviously not a turd, and nobody ever said that he was.

When your shipped out for a 7th round pick and a 34 old RB and undrafted FA make you expendable......huge huge red flags.Again I took a flyer on him in redraft for a 15th round pick....after week 4 I kinda knew it was over before it ever started. He has serious "between the ears" issues.

But I can understand why a lot of guys stuck with him based on his physical talent. He did have some great measurables. But you can't measure heart, desire, work ethic, and locker room presence from the combine numbers.

The Seahawks letting him go was the first red flag. The second was is absolute inability to race up the depth chart on a loser with inferior physical talents. McFadden is old and injury prone as we all know and Joseph Randle was never anything special to me.
The first red flag was when he was consistently unable to beat out Turbin as the RB2. Of course this was scoffed at.

Michael was pimped out by FBG from day one more than any player I can remember since the ploys to motivate Tatum bell.

Others were so obnoxious in this thread pimping him they were told to never post in these threads again

Comparing this thread to others hyping a scrub is like comparing apples to lawn mowers
The obnoxiousness runs deep and strong on both sides of the Michael threads.

And I don't believe that there is a huge difference between the initial talk pimping Michael and the talk pimping Player X, Y or Z is appreciably different. Something early on in the original Michael thread set people off and ever since then pretty much anyone not hanging around to provide or find news (on both sides) has been acting like junior high school girls who won't let go of a petty grudge.

This reinforces my opinion that people should put more weight into when players are not activated for games. I thought it was a huge red flag when Michael was inactive for so many games, and others disregarded that fact, saying it was reflective of him not playing special teams. This can be seen in the lack of success of many highly touted players. The ones that immediately pop into my head are Justin Hunter and Robert Meachem. If a team thinks so little of you that they don't even bother activating you in case of injury that's a huge red flag, and it should not be shrugged off.
James White owners are like :yes:

I forget its the internet and there is no nuance. I was just having a general thought to the people getting upset at people making reference to them being wrong with quotes. When you make predictions and people remind you of it and it turns out to be wrong you have to take your licks. Others get upset with remarks like above. Thats what I mean when I say take accountability.
Has anyone supporting Michael said that they were right about him? Who isn't being accountable? Pretty much everyone knows there is something wrong with Michael and there are maybe two or three posters who aren't hanging around in here because maybe they have trouble being wrong. I am curious why anyone cares about those people?

Most of us just wanted a civil thread where we could get news about this player. For some reason though, people feel compelled to try and make someone else on the internet Testify that they have seen the light.

It's really weird.

I presume that you are referring to the two or three posters I mentioned in my post above. They couldn't have caused this kind of...whatever it is, without equivalent opposition.

I presume that you are referring to the two or three posters I mentioned in my post above. They couldn't have caused this kind of...whatever it is, without equivalent opposition.
I don't know who you're referring to because there where more than 2 or 3. Way more. Maybe you are accounting for aliases?

I don't know who you're referring to because there where more than 2 or 3. Way more. Maybe you are accounting for aliases?
Do you contend that there is not their opposite number on the other side of the debate?

Do you contend that there is not their opposite number on the other side of the debate?
No, but I have a decent amount on ignore so my perspective might be off.

How quickly we forget that Jason Garrett started calling him "CMike" in only his first week there. That's a great indicator of things to come!

queue up the Wilson Phillips! New opportunities abound league wide! "Hold on for one more day!"

Michael lands in NE. Thread goes bonkers. Belichick quoted as saying "we just think he gives us the best chance to win the game".

Do people still not get it.

He lacks professionalism and news flash.......HE'S JUST NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!

That combo means Not For Long in this league.

It is difficult to make an argument in favor of Michael getting a legitimate opportunity to play any significant role in any NFL backfield.

Was fun while it lasted. CMike will no doubt be shot out of a cannon by another team soon, his SPARQ score stands strong, and he'll be a must start DFS

No, but I have a decent amount on ignore so my perspective might be off.
I wish more people would just ignore the fishing. There is little point to trying to win an internet argument with someone who probably cares more about tweaking others than having a reasonable discussion.

If someone is really damaging a thread just hit the report button and hope Joe comes along and asks everyone to just take it down a notch. Works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread