What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

Can't believe it's so quiet in here when he's FINALLY doing good :P
The thing is he's always done well when given the chance. He's just a locker room cancer and never been trusted by his coaching staff. He's a knucklehead.
Would he be a cancer if he had 20 carries a game?
How about 16?
How about 21? Coleman, who is mostly a fullback, started the game and had 5 carries for 10 yards. Take those 5 away and add to Michael's 16. Pete was clearly playing mind games with Cleveland and by extension, fantasy owners. I doubt he gives Coleman more than one carry per game from here on out. The Rams and the Cardinals defenses will get more respect than the Browns.

Page 3????

Curious for owners that are considering starting CMike or who have committed to starting him, who are you sitting to get him in your lineups? For me, I have him tentatively in my lineup with Jeremy Hill getting a seat on the bench. Other option is Hightower, but feel like I need to score alot of points to win this week as my opponent has a stronger team, so I am thinking of taking a chance on CMike.

Page 3????

Curious for owners that are considering starting CMike or who have committed to starting him, who are you sitting to get him in your lineups? For me, I have him tentatively in my lineup with Jeremy Hill getting a seat on the bench. Other option is Hightower, but feel like I need to score alot of points to win this week as my opponent has a stronger team, so I am thinking of taking a chance on CMike.
I think everyone is sleeping on this thread. CMike did well enough last week to silence the haters, but not enough for the fanboys to show up and claim full vindication.

Hill, Hightower, CMike? I'd probably roll with CMike, but that's partly b/c Hightower has burned me in the past, and I think CMikes ceiling is a little higher than Hills.

Page 3????

My thinking at the moment:

Starting Freeman and Gurley + Marshall and Martavis.

Deciding between Evans and AJ Green at Flex... penciling in Evans...

Kind of looking for reasons/news out of Seattle to start CMike at Flex...

Considering him and Denard Robinson over Lamar Miller as my RB2. Talk about an unexpected situation. Def. going with Evans at flex over these boom/bust RBs.

Considering him over Miller, Hightower and Gurley. I know the Gurley talk is crazy but Seattle's run defense is great and I anticipate Seattle to be up, a lot. That means carries for Michael and not for Gurley

Flexing CMike over such as Langford & DMurray. :shrug:

Considering him over Miller, Hightower and Gurley. I know the Gurley talk is crazy but Seattle's run defense is great and I anticipate Seattle to be up, a lot. That means carries for Michael and not for Gurley
Same here...really haven't believed in Gurley the last 3 weeks or so and its not thru any fault of his own. But I could see SEA running the ball 35 times Sunday with Michael getting some high value touches. Gurley could be sparse viewing come 2nd half...

No #1 waiver pick up for the Championship. First time posting in a Michael thread.
I may play him in two leagues. One to get to a week 17 championship and one for the #1 pick toilet bowl. I picked him and CAP up and if Stewart is out I'll likely start them over Bernard and Ivory. Crazy.

This makes me even more angry that he is actually useable in week 17. I blew my entire WW budget back when sig said to in week 4 or 5 or whatever and now some joe schmoe with $1 is going to get him!!!

2 weeks ago my RBS were completely decimated after I lost foster, Lewis and Ingram. I had been rolling with Hightower and James white.

Now that I somehow made it into the finals in stacked at Rb for week 16 and have no clue who to start lol.

Hightower @ jax - I think it really depends on whether Brees plays or not for me. If Brees plays Hightower is a good play and a good bet for a td and at least 80 total yards. If Brees dust I think Hightower will see stacked lines and he's a sit.

Cmike vs stl - will he continue to get the bulk of the work over Bryce brown? Or will Pete Carroll screw us all? I think Carroll REALLY WANTS cmike to run away with the job. He drafted cmike. 2nd rounder. Would be an amazing story if he worked out to be an elite NFL Rb after the tumultuous to his career...getting traded and cut by 2 teams. Then back to his old team with a better attitude. I think Carroll will feed C Mike to see what this kid has for next year. Stl is a Good matchup. Sea will most likely CRUSH them and the 2nd half will be ball control with the running game. I think he's a must start.

Karlos williams vs. dal - GREAT matchup. He's. Talented. But hurt. How much of a load can he carry? Does he split with gillislee? Not sure what to make of him rt now and have to pay attn to practice reports this week leading up to the game.

Woodhead @ oak - Gordon is gone. Before the bye and before as decided to try and force feed Gordon in the 2nd half of the year to see what they have in him, woodhead was a top 10 Rb. Top 5 ppr. Oak doesn't scare me away and I think woody is a great bet to carry many teams to the promised land.

James white @ nyj - he's been very involved since Blount went down and he's scored in I think 4 of the last 5 games. He's run d is great so this smells like a James white fest again.

I have to pick 3 out of these 5. Very tough decisions. As of rt now I'm ranking them as follows:

1) woodhead - least question marks

2) c-Mike - major talent and good matchup

3) Karlos Williams - talented but hurt and sharing

4) Hightower - if Brees plays I feel like he needs to supplant one of the guys above but who?

5) James white

Tempering expectations. What Rawls did in a short time was amazing. If nothing else it's more reason to let Lynch go but i think it's Rawls job to lose next season.

Tempering expectations. What Rawls did in a short time was amazing. If nothing else it's more reason to let Lynch go but i think it's Rawls job to lose next season.
Agreed. Rawls looked and acted like a frachise back, and the main story in the Seattle backfield is whether or not they should bring back Lynch.

CMike is a RFA next year, so IF he plays well with what's left of the season we MIGHT see some interest in him in the market.

I'm playing Karlos, Miller, and Hightower over CMike...

Hightower is the only one of those 4 who is most likely to get 20 carries. Karlos is second. Lamar Miller is most likely to break an 80 yd td, and if he did that once I'd be thrilled with my points.

CMike is honestly most likely to fall victim to a timeshare of all of those. Plus he's the only one sharing the load with TWO other backs...

If CMike was named the starter I'd probably roll with him, but with high stakes on the line, I'll go with opportunity.

Good luck everyone

Keep in mind CMike's big day came against a horrible defense. Picked him up to replace an injured player with two fantasy playoff weeks left in my league, but mainly for depth.

I like Hightower this week but only if Brees plays.

Keep in mind CMike's big day came against a horrible defense. Picked him up to replace an injured player with two fantasy playoff weeks left in my league, but mainly for depth.

I like Hightower this week but only if Brees plays.
According to my PPR league, St. Louis is #27 run D giving up 24.9 ppg to RBs and Cleveland is #23 giving up 23.8, so St. Louis is actually worse against the run. St. Louis is also # 7 against QBs (15.6) and Cleveland is #23 (18.9), so it seems like Seattle might lean more on the run this week than last week where they faced a worse pass defense.

I'm likely playing Michael and then choosing between CAP, Ivory and Bernard (Ware is definitely sitting). If Stewart is sitting, I think CAP is the best play since Atlanta is far worse than NE/Denver and Ivory/Bernard obviously have more competition.

Hightower is the only one of those 4 who is most likely to get 20 carries. Karlos is second. Lamar Miller is most likely to break an 80 yd td, and if he did that once I'd be thrilled with my points.

CMike is honestly most likely to fall victim to a timeshare of all of those. Plus he's the only one sharing the load with TWO other backs...

If CMike was named the starter I'd probably roll with him, but with high stakes on the line, I'll go with opportunity.

Good luck everyone
I don't necessarily agree with this assessment. If Brees sits (which seems plausible) I would doubt whether Hightower sees 20 carries. I could see a scenario where the Jags score early points and force the Saints into pass mode, which could mean more Spiller. I don't have high expectations for Hightower this week, and am benching him for CAP.

Lamar Miller is your riskiest play. I really can't see how you can trust him to even be on the field in the second half of the game.

I think Karlos is a great start and seems like your best play. After him, in my opinion CMike is your next safest play.....followed by Hightower. I think Miller is a distant 4th right now.

Five weeks ago, the RB squad of one of my teams looked very strong: Stewart, Ivory, Hill, Hillman and Riddick. Now I'll be starting CMike and Riddick in the finals if Stewart can't play.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust him. Even in the league where I don't have many good options I'm going with Charles Sims over C Michael. I"m saving Hillman in case A J Green is a last second scratch or I would go with him over Michael.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck everyone
I don't necessarily agree with this assessment. If Brees sits (which seems plausible) I would doubt whether Hightower sees 20 carries. I could see a scenario where the Jags score early points and force the Saints into pass mode, which could mean more Spiller. I don't have high expectations for Hightower this week, and am benching him for CAP.

Lamar Miller is your riskiest play. I really can't see how you can trust him to even be on the field in the second half of the game.

I think Karlos is a great start and seems like your best play. After him, in my opinion CMike is your next safest play.....followed by Hightower. I think Miller is a distant 4th right now.
Spiller? What are you talking about? They don't use Spiller in any situation.

Good luck everyone

Spiller? What are you talking about? They don't use Spiller in any situation.
yeah lol, they'd still rather pass to Hightower.

I would say that starting him over Hightower cost me my finals matchup but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Just would have lost by less

I would say that starting him over Hightower cost me my finals matchup but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Just would have lost by less
You started CMike over Hightower?
Yes. Call it "a misguided love for C mikes talent level mixed with him being on a great running team in a supposedly cake matchup and listening to coach speak and Russell Wilson gush abouthis talent all week long compared to hightower's supposedly tougher matchup against a stingy run d with a hobbled qb who might excite game in the first quarter due to injury this causing stacked boxes while daring Matt Flynn to beat them through the air" syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Call it "a misguided love for C mikes talent level mixed with him being on a great running team in a supposedly cake matchup and listening to coach speak and Russell Wilson gush abouthis talent all week long compared to hightower's supposedly tougher matchup against a stingy run d with a hobbled qb who might excite game in the first quarter due to injury this causing stacked boxes while daring Matt Flynn to beat them through the air" syndrome.
Don't think it's THAT crazy.

Bloom had CM at 11 and Hightower at 34 in his rankings this week. Obviously wasn't a good call, but don't be a #### and imply he's that big of an idiot to have done so.

Bloom had CM at 11 and Hightower at 34 in his rankings this week. Obviously wasn't a good call, but don't be a #### and imply he's that big of an idiot to have done so.
By now, anyone who relies on Bloom for a CMike ranking should have their head examined.

Other than that, I suppose it isn't too crazy.

By now, anyone who relies on Bloom for a CMike ranking should have their head examined.

Other than that, I suppose it isn't too crazy.
haha I never said it was a good ranking. Just said it's not totally awful to have done that after last week. Even Dodds had them at 8 and 19 (CM)

Don't think it's THAT crazy.Bloom had CM at 11 and Hightower at 34 in his rankings this week. Obviously wasn't a good call, but don't be a #### and imply he's that big of an idiot to have done so.
By now, anyone who relies on Bloom for a CMike ranking should have their head examined.Other than that, I suppose it isn't too crazy.
haha I never said it was a good ranking. Just said it's not totally awful to have done that after last week. Even Dodds had them at 8 and 19 (CM)
You guys actually base lineup decisions on FBG or any rankings from these so called experts? We know as much as they do and maybe more about players we follow closely. This is what I have learned. I didn't use their rankings this week or all year. I love and die by my own lineup decisions and I take sp threads more into account than bloom or Dodds.

I don't even know why I pay for an FBG acct. lol

In a great twist of irony, I picked up CMike and held him for 6 weeks waiting for McFadden to break down. Then I cut him. Going for the SB this week, I had zero FAAB left. The other owner had $1 and could pick up whomever he wanted. He picked up, and started, CMike. Brilliant.

In a great twist of irony, I picked up CMike and held him for 6 weeks waiting for McFadden to break down. Then I cut him. Going for the SB this week, I had zero FAAB left. The other owner had $1 and could pick up whomever he wanted. He picked up, and started, CMike. Brilliant.
:thumbup:

I was just looking at Michael on Pro-Football-Reference and someone actually sponsored his page (no joke):

JAKE WAID sponsor(s) this page.Christina Michael! Did you even play a down in last year's awesome Patriots Super Bowl victory? Maybe you'll get cut by the cheerleading squad on the sideline, Seahawks suck.
So bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread