Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
elshagon

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved

I would say that starting him over Hightower cost me my finals matchup but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Just would have lost by less

You started CMike over Hightower?

Yes. Call it "a misguided love for C mikes talent level mixed with him being on a great running team in a supposedly cake matchup and listening to coach speak and Russell Wilson gush abouthis talent all week long compared to hightower's supposedly tougher matchup against a stingy run d with a hobbled qb who might excite game in the first quarter due to injury this causing stacked boxes while daring Matt Flynn to beat them through the air" syndrome. Edited by rickyg

I would say that starting him over Hightower cost me my finals matchup but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Just would have lost by less

Yes. Call it "a misguided love for C mikes talent level mixed with him being on a great running team in a supposedly cake matchup and listening to coach speak and Russell Wilson gush abouthis talent all week long compared to hightower's supposedly tougher matchup against a stingy run d with a hobbled qb who might excite game in the first quarter due to injury this causing stacked boxes while daring Matt Flynn to beat them through the air" syndrome.

Don't think it's THAT crazy.

Bloom had CM at 11 and Hightower at 34 in his rankings this week. Obviously wasn't a good call, but don't be a #### and imply he's that big of an idiot to have done so.

Yes. Call it "a misguided love for C mikes talent level mixed with him being on a great running team in a supposedly cake matchup and listening to coach speak and Russell Wilson gush abouthis talent all week long compared to hightower's supposedly tougher matchup against a stingy run d with a hobbled qb who might excite game in the first quarter due to injury this causing stacked boxes while daring Matt Flynn to beat them through the air" syndrome.

Bloom had CM at 11 and Hightower at 34 in his rankings this week. Obviously wasn't a good call, but don't be a #### and imply he's that big of an idiot to have done so.

By now, anyone who relies on Bloom for a CMike ranking should have their head examined.

Other than that, I suppose it isn't too crazy.

By now, anyone who relies on Bloom for a CMike ranking should have their head examined.

haha I never said it was a good ranking. Just said it's not totally awful to have done that after last week. Even Dodds had them at 8 and 19 (CM)

haha I never said it was a good ranking. Just said it's not totally awful to have done that after last week. Even Dodds had them at 8 and 19 (CM)

You guys actually base lineup decisions on FBG or any rankings from these so called experts? We know as much as they do and maybe more about players we follow closely. This is what I have learned. I didn't use their rankings this week or all year. I love and die by my own lineup decisions and I take sp threads more into account than bloom or Dodds.

I don't even know why I pay for an FBG acct. lol

• Like 1

In a great twist of irony, I picked up CMike and held him for 6 weeks waiting for McFadden to break down. Then I cut him. Going for the SB this week, I had zero FAAB left. The other owner had $1 and could pick up whomever he wanted. He picked up, and started, CMike. Brilliant.

In a great twist of irony, I picked up CMike and held him for 6 weeks waiting for McFadden to break down. Then I cut him. Going for the SB this week, I had zero FAAB left. The other owner had $1 and could pick up whomever he wanted. He picked up, and started, CMike. Brilliant.

:thumbup:

Nice run by Michael. Such a weird path this guy has taken.

Its odd but maybe he just finally matured because he saw what it looks like to be out of the league which is where he was headed.

Much respect to all the Christine owners who held on this long.

You mean all of us crying that dropped him once he got cut from Dallas... Yeah I'm so thrilled I held for 3 years now...

I was just looking at Michael on Pro-Football-Reference and someone actually sponsored his page (no joke):

JAKE WAID sponsor(s) this page.

Christina Michael! Did you even play a down in last year's awesome Patriots Super Bowl victory? Maybe you'll get cut by the cheerleading squad on the sideline, Seahawks suck.

So bizarre.

Looks like this party is ending with Lynch coming back this week.....

Honestly, I wouldn't write off Cmike for the entire playoffs. Easy to see the Hawks sitting lynch in a blowout.

If he tears it up and ends up in the playoffs and is SB MVP it would be amazing.

That would be swell. Better chance he has 8 carries for 11 yards Sunday though.

If he tears it up and ends up in the playoffs and is SB MVP it would be amazing.

That would be swell. Better chance he has 8 carries for 11 yards Sunday though.

Not really.

From Rotoworld:

Seahawks declined to tender restricted free agent RB Christine Michael.

It makes him an unrestricted free agent. Michael finished fast after reuniting with Seattle down the stretch last season, operating as the team's lead runner into the playoffs. The lowest possible tender would have cost the Seahawks just $1.671 million. Perhaps he will return on a cheaper contract. Mar 9 - 4:54 PM

not that surprising seeing as he was released twice last year. could see them signing him to something cheaper

Sheil KapadiaESPN Writer 

The Seahawks have re-signed RB Christine Michael, the team announced. Michael, 25, played three games with the team at the end of last season, rushing 39 times for 192 yards (4.9 YPC). He will offer depth behind Thomas Rawls, who is in line to be the primary ball-carrier.

The CMike dream lives on in Seattle.

• Like 1

On March 8, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Tool said:

not that surprising seeing as he was released twice last year. could see them signing him to something cheaper

He was released by the Hawks, Redskins, And Cowboys. Helluva year to accomplish that.

Seahawks re-signed RB Christine Michael.

The Seahawks didn't tender Michael as a restricted free agent, but have brought him back for cheaper than the $1.67 million that would have entailed. Michael finally had a productive stretch late last season, carrying the ball at least 16 times in three of the Seahawks' final five games (including the playoffs). Thomas Rawls will likely be the lead back of the post-Marshawn Lynch era, but Michael should have the inside track to a spot on the 53-man roster. Michael has averaged 4.68 yards across his 106 career carries.

this guy has a girl name bromigos take that to the bank

Christine Michael has been getting the first-team work at running back with Thomas Rawls (ankle) sidelined at OTAs.

It's expected, but noteworthy. Rawls is still rehabbing a badly broken ankle from late last season, and the Seahawks are hanging on "hope" that he'll be ready Week 1. We've seen over and over again how running back is an ever-changing landscape in the league, with not many guaranteed anything. If C-Mike can build on his productive end to 2015 with a strong summer, he could make noise.

Source: ESPN.com

ESPN Seahawks reporter Sheil Kapadia believes Christine Michael could be on the roster bubble.

As has been the case his entire career, Michael probably has the widest range of outcomes among running backs this season. With Thomas Rawls' (ankle) status completely up in the air, it is not out of the question Michael opens the season as the starter after showing well down the stretch last year. It is also not crazy to think he loses his roster spot to the three rookies Seattle added in the draft. Ultimately, we would expect Michael to stick around and have a role, but it is not a given.

Source: ESPN 
Jun 2 - 12:26 PM

So he'll be cut or he'll be awesome...or somewhere in the middle.

• Like 4

Seahawks RB Christine Michael says he's dropped eight pounds to get down to 217, and "feels a lot quicker."

Might Michael finally be getting serious about the game? With his roster spot far from assured, Michael seems to realize he can't cut any corners this season. The Dynasty-league legend is fighting for a role in a backfield that already has three roster locks, Thomas Rawls, C.J. Prosise and Alex Collins. Rawls' (ankle) will play a factor.

Jun 16 - 8:55 PM

Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell indicated Christine Michael's maturity has improved.

Bevell went so far as to praise Michael's leadership skills, calling him "kind of the leader in the (running back) group now." With Thomas Rawls (ankle) on active/PUP, Michael is soaking up first-team reps ahead of C.J. Prosise, Alex Collins, and Zac Brooks. Michael is still not a lock to make the roster, but he should have a spot if he keeps his head on straight on and off the field.

Speaking Thursday, coach Pete Carroll said Christine Michael is "doing a great job," and has been "on the money throughout (camp)."

The legend rides again. In reality, all Carroll's comments really mean is that Michael is on track for a roster spot. We still wouldn't consider it a guarantee on a roster flush with young runners. The Seahawks have insisted Thomas Rawls will be fully recovered from his severe ankle injury by Week 1. If he's not, Michael could be called on to bang between the tackles. Fifth-rounder Alex Collins is the other option, while C.J. Prosise is nursing a bum hammy.

Aug 4 - 6:46 PM

CMike and TRich threads back on page 1 of the SP.  What a time to be alive!!

• Like 5

I get the sense many are overlooking Christine Michael. Michael is worth a spot on deep fantasy rosters with Rawls still sidelined. CMIke could be the next man up, although he will be on a very short leash with talented rookies behind him. Don't let the bad taste left in your mouth from previous CMike disapoointments cause you to overlook the fact that he is running with the first team offense, Rawls is sidelined, and coaches are praising CMike's dedication and leadership. Another benefit here is, we will know pretty quickly whether Michael has value, and if not, cut bait and grab someone from the ww.

22 minutes ago, socrates said:

I get the sense many are overlooking Christine Michael. Michael is worth a spot on deep fantasy rosters with Rawls still sidelined. CMIke could be the next man up, although he will be on a very short leash with talented rookies behind him. Don't let the bad taste left in your mouth from previous CMike disapoointments cause you to overlook the fact that he is running with the first team offense, Rawls is sidelined, and coaches are praising CMike's dedication and leadership. Another benefit here is, we will know pretty quickly whether Michael has value, and if not, cut bait and grab someone from the ww.

I kind of agree with you.  For dynasty purposes if he's on the wire, I'm going after him rather aggressively.  He is(was) rostered in most my leagues already and I have found that owners would rather hold on to him than give him up for fair value.  I think he has a chance to be a good short term option, and I feel much better about him as a late round pick in redraft than investing anything other than BB$ on him in dynasty.  

Edited by tone1oc

1 hour ago, socrates said:

I get the sense many are overlooking Christine Michael. 

Amazing way to start a post. Excellent.

• Like 2

Russell wilsons gonna have another great year