What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

He looked like he was pouting on the sidelines, and started to show a ton of emotion on the field again (slamming the ball down, etc).  The poise he had when things were going well was starting to go south when results and playing time trended that way.  Was going to be a distraction.  Right move if Rawls is healthy.   Fun while it lasted.

mnmplayer said:
Maybe he just isn't good at the RB position. It was a football decision, after all. TO was a head case, but he stayed on teams because of his talent. Clearly Christine isn't doing what he needs to on the field.
I agree. People seem to think there has to be something going on behind the scenes. I don't see why. He hasn't looked good running the ball as he isn't getting anything extra. He runs straight and that's about it. Weeks ago the coaches commented about how he was leaving yards on the field. Then they start to scale back his usage. I'm not surprised the team is no longer featuring him, but more concerned with him being outright released. If there is another injury they're in a tough spot.

What tough spot?  The Seahawks can just sign him back if they're in a pinch.  He's not likely to have another NFL job waiting for him elsewhere.

No way Minny, no cap room anyway, and their problem is O-line more than anything.  Don't see a chance in hell they add a RB, much less him.
Agreed that it's extremely unlikely Minnesota shows any interest in him. The problem there is not the RBs. That offensive line is probably the worst I've ever seen in 30 years of watching football. Let's not forget that Peterson average something like 1.6 yds per carry when he did play this year. There is not a back in the league that would have success behind this line.

But just for kicks, I'll humor those who think the backs are the problem and Minnesota wants to add another one... well then it sure as hell won't be Michael. Zimmer likes to work with smart, dedicated football players. He wouldn't have the patience to waste time on this guy.

I think it's quite possible this guy is done.  Certainly he pops up in training camp next year somewhere but he has bounced around quite a bit in a few different organizations and hasn't been able to stick.  The clubs he has been a part of haven't found him all that valuable to them.  I own him in a fair amount of dynasty leagues and will probably give it a week to see if he gets picked up but I'm pretty down on him.

rickyg said:
Well that escalated quickly...brick killed a guy!
Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and Brick killed a guy with a trident.  He should find himself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while.

I agree. People seem to think there has to be something going on behind the scenes. I don't see why. He hasn't looked good running the ball as he isn't getting anything extra. He runs straight and that's about it. Weeks ago the coaches commented about how he was leaving yards on the field. Then they start to scale back his usage. I'm not surprised the team is no longer featuring him, but more concerned with him being outright released. If there is another injury they're in a tough spot.
We certainly haven't heard the "The light went on... Christine has turned his life around... he's a new man" rhetoric since early September. Maybe he slipped off his med's and reverted back to the guy that got him cut on a monthly basis.

Strange interaction between he and the practice squad guys after Prosise got stuffed at the goal line Sunday night. The camera flashed to him, and one of the dude's leaned in and said something, and C-Mike just kind of gave him the "I dunno" without breaking stare onto the field. Maybe his situation turned sour rather quickly in Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may be leaving yards on the field, but his production was as good or better than any othe RB Seattle had...with how bad Rawls looked earlier in the year, you'd think they'd keep him as insurance....

This has to be the craziest up and down fantasy career a player has had in a while. Remember all the talk about CM had changed after the near death of his career last season. Only to emerge this season as a RB1 for a few weeks. Then released again only to be picked up by Green Bay.  Haha I have no idea what to bid on this guy with my FAAB!

Last edited by a moderator:
EBF said:
Value: Rising

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky does not expect Christine Michael to "make much, if any, impact" on Sunday's game in Washington.
Especially for a player of Michael's track record, it would seem extremely aggressive to anticipate him making any immediate impact after one week of practice. Michael is likely to require at least two weeks with the Packers before he's ready for carries. The Packers already went through this with Knile Davis, and it didn't pan out. It's perhaps worth noting that the Vikings also placed a waiver claim on Michael, but the Packers had higher priority. Michael is just a stash-and-hope deep-league prayer in re-draft fantasy.

Packers claim RB Christine Michael off waivers

The Green Bay Packers run game is about to get an awakening. 

The Packers claimed running back Christine Michael off waivers, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Wednesday. 

The Seattle Seahawks surprisingly cut Michael on Tuesday after the 26-year-old tailback started seven of nine games this season. There were rumblings after the release that the Seahawks staff couldn't trust Michael to make the proper run reads. His carries waned, earning just five totes over the past two outings after averaging 16.4 carries the previous five games.

Pete Carroll insisted on Wednesday that the team parted ways simply because of the running backs on their roster, including the expected return of Thomas Rawls: "(The release) was really about the guys coming into the opportunity," Carroll said, via SeattlePI.com's Stephen Cohen.

Michael impressed this offseason and displayed huge burst through the hole early in the year, justifying the team's belief that he had awoken from his early career struggles. 

The 221-pound back will compete for time alongside James Starks, who returned from a knee injury last week and took the majority of snaps. The pass-heavy Packers are averaging 3.0 rushing yards before contact and only 1.6 rush yards after contact this season. 

The Packers have shuffled through running backs with injuries to Starks and Eddie Lacy. Rookie Don Jackson sits as the little-used backup. Receiver Ty Montgomery saw heavy backfield snaps with Starks was out. The Packers also traded for Knile Davis, shared a cup of coffee, then cutting ties. 

With Lacy on IR for the foreseeable future, Michael should get a chance to carve out a role in the coming weeks. Seahawks GM John Schneider worked under Packers GM Ted Thompson, so Green Bay should have a deep report on the ins-and-outs of Christine Michael. Additionally, Lacy was taken one pick before Michael at No. 61 in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Michael would face his former team when the Seahawks travel to Green Bay in Week 14 -- if the running back sticks around that long.

Really glad Seattle didn't wait one more week to cut him.  Wonder if he would have been the first player to face the same team in back to back weeks?   

As an Eagles fan I would have been terrified of facing him back to back.  Phewf.

This could be real opportunity as we could be looking at the starting back on a decent offense available on ww week 11. We know he can produce in small bursts of 3-4 games. If he starts week12 that's the fantasy playoffs. 

Users who are viewing this thread