What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (1 Viewer)

Duffy said:
What was Stark's ypc?
No bueno.  2.4 YPC.

I like CMike.  I think there's an opportunity for a couple of high ceiling games down the stretch.  But if you start him during your FF playoffs, I have to tip my cap because your huevos are bigger than mine.

Wow, this guy ... did you see him go the wrong way? Rodgers goes left and Christine goes right. Nice analogy of this guy's career. :no:

but wait intelligence at rb doesn't matter I thought?
Michael had a well below average Wonderlic score of 11, which some of his critics brought up in the prior Michael threads. However, his fanboys said that was irrelevant and what was really important was his draft pedigree and combine numbers - specifically that being a 2nd round draft pick and his proven athletic ability trumped the aptitude shown in any IQ test. They may ultimately be right, however,what some saw a potential red flag perhaps shouldn't have been so cavalierly dismissed.

There is some reason why this guy keeps bouncing around from team to team. Maybe it is personality issues and he is anti-social and/or just can't get along with this coaches/teammates on a long term basis. Or maybe he is just not very bright and all the natural talent in the world can't overcome that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Michael looked good. I mean, other than the play where everybody went left and he went right. And I mean, EVERYBODY. All 11 on defense and the other 10 on offense.

Montgomery doesn't have these problems. and he runs better
Redraft Montgomery the guy in GB.  But the issue is that he probably can't hold up physically over a season. And for that reason I'd either avoid the whole situation or prefer CM.

Redraft Montgomery the guy in GB.  But the issue is that he probably can't hold up physically over a season. And for that reason I'd either avoid the whole situation or prefer CM.
cm won't be back next season so if you're looking at dynasty here's what the likely scenario is:

starks released. lacy resigned. montgomery fully converted to rb, and they draft a rb... possibly early. if they don't resign lacy you can bet their first pick in the draft is a rb. they would possibly resign cm in that scenario for depth. but to for what he's shown so far, he hasn't earned a spot next season 

cm won't be back next season so if you're looking at dynasty here's what the likely scenario is:

starks released. lacy resigned. montgomery fully converted to rb, and they draft a rb... possibly early. if they don't resign lacy you can bet their first pick in the draft is a rb. they would possibly resign cm in that scenario for depth. but to for what he's shown so far, he hasn't earned a spot next season 
Okay but CM just got there a couple of weeks ago. It can take some time to get used to a new team when signed mid season. If I am Green Bay, I absolutely invest an early pick on a RB. And that should be the guy to own next season.

Okay but CM just got there a couple of weeks ago. It can take some time to get used to a new team when signed mid season. If I am Green Bay, I absolutely invest an early pick on a RB. And that should be the guy to own next season.
That's why I have a suspicion that they may actually resign him if they can get him cheap, which they should. 4th team switch in 2 seasons. Maybe then Montgomery would switch back to WR, or they keep 4 RBs and draft one while resigning Lacy. I really think Lacy comes back

I'm hearing this a lot, but I'm not sure why. At the combine, he came in at 6" 221 pounds. From what I can tell, that's about in the running back sweet spot for size/strength.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ty-montgomery?id=2552429

"Built like a full-grown man. Body type resembles that of a running back with well-defined, muscular legs."

He has a running back build. Is showing strength as a runner. Check the stiff arm at the end of this run: https://streamable.com/9cgs.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out the remainder of the year. 

No way Michael is dumber than Lacy, and Pork Chop Eddie seemed to do OK with the playbook (until he ate it).

Guessing 14-65-1 with 2 catches for 13 yards.  Nothing Earth shattering.
First full week of action 4-45-1 

11 YPC Baby!

The end of the road most likely. It's been a fun ride.

Even if he signs with a team and makes a roster, I think he's blown enough chances to prove that he's never going to be the guy anywhere.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Instantly becomes the best runner on a prolific offense. Signing indicated that Mack isn't coming along, Turbin isn't the answer, and Gore is signing his next contract with a nursing home. Will be there for camps and thus given a chance to learn the offense in a way he wasn't given in GB. He will pay off those of us who held him and believed.

If I may turn off my sarcasm for a moment... There. It actually is nice that he will get a shot to learn the offense over camps. He was productive in Seattle as the starter last year and nobody really expected him to come off the street and be able to know and do well in the GB offense. Signing to Indy is a chance, a slim one, but I think it's a better opportunity to earn a role. Plus Turbin's presence shows they like Seattle cast offs right?

Back to the HYPE. Dude has a 99th percentile SPARQ score whatsup

any other player in forum history with over 2,000 more posts than career yards gained? :)  
And that is just in this thread. Two other threads were nuked or locked by mods, mercifully for the poster I call Banana Knows (who when I identify his real handle, accuses me of stalking) and others who guaranteed Michael's success as a can't miss prospect based on his draft pedigree, supposed athleticism and some meaningless preseason games.

As far as the Colts signing - would not shock me to see him leapfroging Turbin and Marlon Mack for a game or two if Gore gets injured. But he always seems to be a flash in the pan, then regresses and is ultimately once again cut.

Oh hell yes.

Praying for a 60 yard pre-season TD.
I think we have seen all we will ever see out of Michael, but of all the places he could sign, this isn't a bad landing spot.  Gore is the consummate professional, but he lacks the juice in his legs.  CM is reunited with Turbin, but there really isn't great depth here for the Colts, and CM could earn a spot on the roster.  That alone makes him worth keeping an eye on.

Rat farts! Now I have to waste a roster spot and keep him on my team until he proves yet again that he can't make it in the League.

In fairness to Cmike, he never looked bad when he got a chance to play.  What seems to be the case is he's not a locker room guy and he doesn't exactly play within the play which was called (I remember this being his last straw in SEA for some reason, or was it GB?  Could be wrong).  Every time he's had a chance he's looked pretty good.  Maybe 26 is the year he matures and learns to play within structure and the design?  I'll give it a 2% chance because 1 is just too irrelevant.  Either way, we all have to keep this going get this puppy to 100 pages like the other 2 threads.

Perfect landing spot for what is known as a "dead cat bounce" in the stock market. If anyone still has any shares, get ready to sell.
I'm a sucker.   Just gave cj fiedorowicz for him in a 14 team dynasty.  Start one te no special points and I have Olsen, Thomas, Witten and pitta.  

Cant lose too badly I suppose 

Kinda wish I hadn't cut him in my leagues, but when four different franchises quit on a player, you know something isn't right. He's been axed by Seattle (x2), Dallas, Washington, and Green Bay. They can't all be wrong. I think if he can make the team in Indy he can give them a handful of electric plays because, for all of his issues, he has always been explosive. I'm not really expecting a meaningful season or career at this point though.

Frank Gore isn't immortal, and age catches all of us. I won't count him out of course, he's frank gore. Mack is a rookie who could be a good player or could fumble 2 of his first 10 carries. It could be as open a depth chart as you could ask for in a good situation offensively. 

If he makes the roster and doesn't play much this year I'd still hold if I can, gore/turbin are up there in age and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both retire after this year, leaving Mack and Michael. 

Or this could be your last chance to squeeze any sort of value you can get out of him...

1 hour ago, bagger said:

Train exploded while still in station.
Any collateral damage?
Just some guy with three letters in his handle, who for years kept predicting Michael's success in the NFL was inevitable, due to his draft pedigree and superior talent (demonstrated by his combine numbers and some preseason games).

has anybody heard what happened to him?  

can't find any info on why he went to the IR.  

any source i've referenced simply says 'undisclosed injury'.

Users who are viewing this thread