What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (2 Viewers)

I remember when Mr. Alphabet said Michel's success in the NFL was "inevitable" - maybe that time is finally coming and he is a buy low.

At running back, remember that Marlon Mack had off-season shoulder surgery and isn’t expected to return until Training Camp. Obviously, this is a position group that will see plenty of rotation and rookie Nyheim Hines was one of those guys working with the first-team offense at times on Wednesday. Veteran Christine Michael also saw a good amount of first-team work.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/look-colts-ota-depth-chart

thread was too far buried for such a stud running back  :sarcasm:

Last night Turbin ran with the first team followed by Michael and only then did the rookies take the field. You'll recall that Turbin is suspended for the first four games. I can't believe we are here again. 
meh. I'll take Hines' big play ability and Wilkins' vision 10 times out of 10 over Michael.

is this really happening?

*Colts coach Frank Reich said it's "no slam dunk" Marlon Mack is ready for the start of the season.

Mack has been out with a hamstring injury the last two weeks and is borderline questionable for Week 1. The team remains hopeful he can practice prior to their home opener versus the Bengals. If Mack can't go, duties would likely fall to the combination of rookies Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and journeyman Christine Michael, the latter who's taken reps with the first-string offense during Mack's absence. Wilkins has continued to look the most impressive of the bunch, totaling 13 carries for 47 yards (3.6 YPC) on limited snaps in the preseason.

Related: Colts

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter*

Thought Michael looked good.  Say what you want but he's got burst in picks up yards in bunches.  First carry - 9 yards with ease.

Meaning what? You think he's worth a late round flyer or he's horrible?
I was quoting something I heard Bloom saying on his podcast about Michael a couple years ago. I think it was after Michael went to Dallas or something. It was a joke. I hope at least a few people got it.

He was saying this is why they spend so much time watching the players, so they can know when true talent meets opportunity.

That didn't exactly turn out as was expected. I guess needed to watch him some more.

I have seen some of Michaels college games. I thought he looked impressive based on what I watched. I don't think watching the players tells the whole story. I have seen some players who look great to me not panning out in the NFL. Michaels failure is just more epic because a lot of smart people thought he was a very talented RB. Everything else pointed towards him being a successful player as well, such as his draft position and combine metrics.

This first step to wisdom is realizing there are a lot of things you don't know and haven't learned yet. 

As far as the situation right now today it looks like the Colts think Michael is their best option, which tells me more about the other RB than it tells me about Michael who has all the athletic ability in the world to be a star RB. However team after team has given him a shot and decided he was too much of a liability as a football player. Not knowing the plays of his own team or processing audible calls, having poor spatial awareness and understanding of the game he is playing in general.

So hard for me to think any of this has changed, even if Michael flashes some burst and speed at times, I am not expecting the bulb to after all this time in the NFL to finally light up. I am desperate for some RB though, so being tempted to take him, even though I have been there and done that a few times before already.

I think he is worth a late round flyer in leagues that play 48 or more RB every week. I also think he is horrible.

He is 27 and will turn 28 during the season. Very few RBs who have emerged with meaningful seasons at that age, never having done it before. I can't think of one actually. Priest Holmes was maybe 26 when he burst out at KC but he had already had a thousand yard season at BA.

He is 27 and will turn 28 during the season. Very few RBs who have emerged with meaningful seasons at that age, never having done it before. I can't think of one actually. Priest Holmes was maybe 26 when he burst out at KC but he had already had a thousand yard season at BA.
Maybe Thomas Jones? He was a late bloomer at least after looking like a bust early in his career.

The stars are aligning for Michael to start week 1. Turbin out, Mack hurt, Wilkins has started to fumble..

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Christine Michael, NFL starting running back!

Thomas Jones was good on the Bucs too. That's when you realized maybe it was the Cardinals and not him who sucked.

Michael, on the other hand, has played for Seattle, Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, Seattle again, and now Indy.

I think he has always flashed some talent when given chances (his career YPC is actually a decent 4.3 YPC), but when so many teams dump him you have to think there's something seriously wrong.

Still might be the best back on the Colts, but that's not saying much. They have a bottom 5 RB group in the league.

Thomas Jones was good on the Bucs too. That's when you realized maybe it was the Cardinals and not him who sucked.

Michael, on the other hand, has played for Seattle, Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, Seattle again, and now Indy.

I think he has always flashed some talent when given chances (his career YPC is actually a decent 4.3 YPC), but when so many teams dump him you have to think there's something seriously wrong.

Still might be the best back on the Colts, but that's not saying much. They have a bottom 5 RB group in the league.
As a Colts fan I can't believe they can't do a better job of drafting a RB.  I picked up Michael at end of my draft with no expectations.  He seems to start out ok then either gets hurt or does something else stupid....misses pass protection, misses holes...who knows.  Hoping this year is different for the Colts sake...

Users who are viewing this thread