What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jamison Crowder, NYG (1 Viewer)

mnmplayer

Footballguy
Get this guy. Nobody really talking about him. With Reed down (and even without) he could be huge in PPR. I liken him to a hybrid of Steve Smith my ball mentality with Eddie Royal type route running and better suddenness than both of those guys, not as strong. Its a pleasure to see him block on a play as well. Targets are trending up, already runs good routes, can plays slot or outside, has a little Tavon Austin in him too, without the 4.3 speed, more shifty. I noticed Cousins was going to him on a lot of key plays where they needed it bad, and he was delivering.

Jamison Crowder Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUTO_UXgLao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfiTnBO9qjc

Nice catch: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...amison-Crowder-makes-catch-in-triple-coverage

Apologize in advance if a Jamison Crowder thread already exists. I searched and could not find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked him up in as many dynasty leagues as I could. Kid is legit and I don't see Jackson or Garcon back in Washington next year.

Picked him up in as many dynasty leagues as I could. Kid is legit and I don't see Jackson or Garcon back in Washington next year.
Saw someone also posted this the "potential cap casualties" thread. Crowder was undrafted in all of my rookie drafts. Can he actually become a legit WR next year?

I don't know much about him. He went in the early 4th round of the NFL draft this past year.

It seems like he showed some PPR potential when Garcon and/or Reed and/or DJax were out. Stat lines of:

6 for 45

7 for 65

8 for 87

4 for 40

5 for 48

No touchdowns though. He's only 5'8'' and 185 pounds. Destined to be a permanent slot receiver? Maybe a Jarvis Landry-type ceiling?

What do you think?

Had to drop him due to byes and somebody scooped him up this week. With Hankerson almost assuredly out, he would have fit the bill for this week for a bye week filler.

Need to find someone on the wire.

I would definitely pick him up if I could.

I'm holding him for now, but he's the last guy on my bench, so will drop if I need the roster spot.

I'm very curious to see what his role is with DJax back. Obviously, they're different types of WRs, but purely on a volume basis it remains to be seen if Washington's offense can support three fantasy-relevant WRs.

He got me through a tough bye week a few weeks past when my WR1 and WR2 were both on bye in a start 3 WR league. I like his game, scouted his film a bit, and liked what I saw, but not enough room right now and there is risk of his targets dropping with Reed/DJax both back. He did best when they were both out. Both of those guys are fragile though so he is someone to keep an eye on. He is prolly one key injury away from getting back on my team. I am reserving my WR/RB bench spots for higher potential upside since my WR bye weeks are all done now. I chose to keep Rishard Mathews over him who was a hasty bye week drop from another team in my league that I picked up or I would probably still have Crowder on my team. It's tough for me to drop Mathews because of his consistency at in PPR. He is getting 12-14 ppg with a 2 point and a 25 point outlier so far. I cant drop that so Crowder had to go.

Had to drop him due to byes and somebody scooped him up this week. With Hankerson almost assuredly out, he would have fit the bill for this week for a bye week filler.

Need to find someone on the wire.

I would definitely pick him up if I could.
Hank is now sucking it up on the Falcons fyi

Does anyone know if crowder primarily plays the slot? If so I like him this week as a wr3/flex play against Carolina.

Does anyone know if crowder primarily plays the slot? If so I like him this week as a wr3/flex play against Carolina.
He does... and he's about the only one I'd consider (if desperate) against Carolina. The perimeter of the Panthers D is very stout with Norman and Tillman. Benwierke is solid in the slot, but he's not as good as the outside corners.

The potential problem is Crowder's workload overlapping with Reed's, but those two should be Washington's gameplan focus I'd think.

ESPN's John Keim reports the Redskins "loved how [Jamison] Crowder looked" in the offseason program.
Keim thinks the sophomore will continue to have a role in three-wide sets despite the presence of first-round pick Josh Doctson. That will likely be true early, especially with Doctson missing time with an Achilles' and foot injury, but Crowder is at best the No. 4 passing-game option either way. A low point-per-target player with limited touchdown upside, Crowder does not need to be drafted in standard leagues.

Source: ESPN 
Jun 25 - 12:00 PM

Curious what everyone thinks of Crowder moving forward?  I have a feeling the Redskins are going to throw a TON.  The passing game is Gruden's first love... the OL isn't the best, especially for run-blocking... Matt Jones is kinda meh... Keith Marshall may have potential but the injury history is long and I get a Lache Seastrunk vibe there.  Rob Kelley, a dude with horrific measurables, is apparently 2nd on the depth chart at RB. 

They brought in Doctson, but he can't seem to get on the field with that Achilles injury.  Jackson and Garcon are back, and Reed will dominate as well.  Still, given the likely passing volume and struggles of the run game, it seems plausible to me that the short passing game could become their best option to the running game (obviously still need to run it some, but we could see a lot of Crowder in the slot with Thompson in the backfield.

As such... what are you guys doing with Crowder in PPR leagues?  I actually just saw him cut in a 16-team dynasty PPR, and I'm really not sure why.  Do we just believe that the opportunity won't be there for him despite his rookie success?  Garcon's contract expires after this season, and Jackson's is voidable after this year as well (essentially a club option the way I read it).  Seems like an opportunity for Crowder for sure, if not this year (when they're reportedly very pleased with him) then next for sure.

Curious what everyone thinks of Crowder moving forward?  I have a feeling the Redskins are going to throw a TON.  The passing game is Gruden's first love... the OL isn't the best, especially for run-blocking... Matt Jones is kinda meh... Keith Marshall may have potential but the injury history is long and I get a Lache Seastrunk vibe there.  Rob Kelley, a dude with horrific measurables, is apparently 2nd on the depth chart at RB. 

They brought in Doctson, but he can't seem to get on the field with that Achilles injury.  Jackson and Garcon are back, and Reed will dominate as well.  Still, given the likely passing volume and struggles of the run game, it seems plausible to me that the short passing game could become their best option to the running game (obviously still need to run it some, but we could see a lot of Crowder in the slot with Thompson in the backfield.

As such... what are you guys doing with Crowder in PPR leagues?  I actually just saw him cut in a 16-team dynasty PPR, and I'm really not sure why.  Do we just believe that the opportunity won't be there for him despite his rookie success?  Garcon's contract expires after this season, and Jackson's is voidable after this year as well (essentially a club option the way I read it).  Seems like an opportunity for Crowder for sure, if not this year (when they're reportedly very pleased with him) then next for sure.
Crowder is an intriguing prospect with a little PPR value, but his size will limit him to the slot, and unless injuries dictate otherwise, he will likely be behind a host of players in terms of targets.  Crowder has a toughness about him, and I will be watching him closely to see how he does against press coverage.

interesting week 1 for crowder.

10 targets, 6 catches for 58 yards.

4 red zone targets, too... that's a lot of looks near the goal line. he's not sexy but people sleepin on this guy.

interesting week 1 for crowder.

10 targets, 6 catches for 58 yards.

4 red zone targets, too... that's a lot of looks near the goal line. he's not sexy but people sleepin on this guy.
Yeah. Perhaps I undervalued Crowder a bit, although Washington isn't going to continue that imbalance on offense. Several small, shifty slot receivers make the free agent report this week (Crowder, Eli Rogers, Jeremy Kerley), and Crowder seems to be the least talked about, yet a reasonable argument could be made Crowder tops them all in receptions and yards this season. 

I agree people are sleeping on him.  Garcon looks to have lost a step and it only makes sense that Crowder takes a step forward.  Surprised there is not more buzz on him after that first game -- there sure is with some of the other WR pickups after W1.

He'll be gone after this week.

All I've seen is the stat lines and they look good.  Is he the #2 option to Reed right now?  What if/when Doctson is fully healthy?  How do roles change?  Anybody have insight into the Redskins, I try to avoid watching them as much as possible.

No idea how I got him in a dynasty league last week. Our benches are 30 a piece. 10 man league. Feel like I committed robbery

Ppl went bonkers thinking he was rostered. Loving it. 

I agree people are sleeping on him.  Garcon looks to have lost a step and it only makes sense that Crowder takes a step forward.  Surprised there is not more buzz on him after that first game -- there sure is with some of the other WR pickups after W1.

He'll be gone after this week.
Boy was I wrong about him being gone after W2.  And what's crazy is it's still not too late (unless your priority is low).  Might be his size that keep people at bay.

was offered Langford for Crowder today in a dynasty deal.

I know he's hurt, but I have a desperate need for RB but touch choice to make....

With Jordan Reed (concussion, questionable) expected to sit, the Redskins could use more three-receiver formations against the Eagles.
That would benefit Jamison Crowder, who has seen his role diminish as Washington transitions into a more two-TE offense. Crowder had 18 targets in the first two weeks, and he could be looking a similar role with Reed sidelined. He is an interesting GPP play at PPR sites.

Crowder is becoming a reliable WR3.  In my 1 pt ppr league he has scored double digits 6 our of 7 weeks and this week with 17 points is his best.  While he isn't blowing the lid off, that kind of consistency can be useful.

How are you guys feeling about him in dynasty? I recently traded a likely mid 1st rounder for him.

Even in a deep draft, I think if you can get almost guaranteed WR3/Flex value in PPR with WR2 upside or more, you take it.

Playerprofiler has him at WR20 right now dynasty, DLF did a 2017 mock with him at #84 overall including rookies.

He's Jarvis Landry 2.0 without the inflated price(yet). I bought him a few weeks back where I didn't own him and am continuing to try and buy before Djax and Garcon leave. Once one or both of them leave, and Cousins gets paid, Crowder's hype train will be full steam ahead. The time to buy is now even if it's buying high. 

This kid is special. Runs fantastic routes, great hands, and he can make people miss. The only trait he doesn't have is elite breakaway speed, but everything else he's got. He has been as consistent as any WR in PPR leagues this year, scoring in double digits every single week except for week 3 vs the Browns. He is currently ranked 10th in our PPR leagues. Only Mike Evans and Larry Fitzgerald have had more double digit scoring weekends than Crowder. 

Crowder is looking like the real deal.  Garcon and Jackson are aging and will be gone soon.  Doctson gets more dynasty hype.  Crowder gets little credit and no FBG hype.  Add it all up and that leads to a recipe for success.   Strong buy right now, but those days may be coming to an end soon as people figure this one out.  

Crowder is looking like the real deal.  Garcon and Jackson are aging and will be gone soon.  Doctson gets more dynasty hype.  Crowder gets little credit and no FBG hype.  Add it all up and that leads to a recipe for success.   Strong buy right now, but those days may be coming to an end soon as people figure this one out.  
The buy low period ended about 4 weeks ago.  You are going to pay WR2 prices to get him now.

I love Crowder and have him locked up in my dynasty but if Garçon and DJax leave his value will take a substantial hit when he draws the opposing #1 CB

Was just offered what would I assume would be a mid 1st rnd pick for him next year.

Denied. He passes the eye test, wayyyy too hard to sell.

CSN Mid-Atlantic's JP Finlay believes "this should be the year" Jamison Crowder gets to 1,000 receiving yards.

"He'll be inside when we go three receivers, for sure," coach Jay Gruden said of Crowder. "When we go two receivers, we'll mix-and-match however we do it. We're going to try to keep him on the field as much as possible." Crowder played 71 percent of the snaps last season and recorded a 67-847-7 line. If he approaches the 80-percent mark for snaps, 1,000 yards is well within reach, considering the losses of Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson. Crowder is a dark horse to finish near the top of the league in targets.

Source: CSN Mid-Atlantic 
May 5 - 10:57 AM

If he stays on the field in slot with 3WR set and starts in 2WR set, I see really good things for him this year.  That sounds like the team's plan at the moment.

I think Crowder's going to have a pretty big season, and I think he'll be the top PPR WR for WAS. I love the Redskins passing game this year, but I think Crowder is the going to be the top dog in fantasy terms, and could end up flirting with 100 catches (Reed's health will play a role in that). Plus what I like about Crowder compared to some of these other "PPR WRs" is that Crowder has shown TD upside. He's a guy that I think has 100 catch upside, but also has 9-10 TD upside too. He's not Jarvis "5TDs or less" Landry.

Users who are viewing this thread