What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 6 (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Looking at a few things. Love Hopkins this week and love the higher priced backs. Bell, Foster, Forte. The real question is do I have the guts to start Kaepernick in cash games.

Thursday, October 15th
8:25 PM EST : Atlanta ( -3.5 ) at New Orleans ( 3.5 ) —- T: 51

Sunday, October 18th
1:00 PM EST : Washington ( 5.5 ) at NY Jets ( -5.5 ) —- T: 41
1:00 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3.5 ) at Minnesota ( -3.5 ) —- T: 44.5
1:00 PM EST : Miami ( 2.5 ) at Tennessee ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43.5
1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( – ) at Pittsburgh ( – ) —- T: —-
1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) —- T: 43
1:00 PM EST : Denver ( -4 ) at Cleveland ( 4 ) —- T: 42.5
1:00 PM EST : Houston ( -2 ) at Jacksonville ( 2 ) —- T: 42.5
1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -2.5 ) at Buffalo ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45
4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( 7 ) at Seattle ( -7 ) —- T: 41
4:25 PM EST : Baltimore ( -2.5 ) at San Francisco ( 2.5 ) —- T: 44
4:25 PM EST : San Diego ( 9.5 ) at Green Bay ( -9.5 ) —- T: —
8:30 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Indianapolis ( 7.5 ) —- T: 55

Monday, October 19th
8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -3.5 ) —- T: 50

Do I play Eli this week as a cash QB? :yucky: Possible high scoring game, but being late game, won't know the status of his WRs. Vereen might be a huge mid range RB play.

I will definitely have one cash roster with all the Patriots possible. Primetime DeflateBowl game, I see another Week 1 performance.

I will definitely have one cash roster with all the Patriots possible. Primetime DeflateBowl game, I see another Week 1 performance.
Yeah I already have a team with Brady, Lewis, Gronk and Edelman. I see a lot of people like the Broncos again for defense, are we not worried about Ware being out and plus the great match up the Jets have at home?

I'm thinking about forming a couple of cash lineups around a Blount/Lewis backfield. Its fairly inexpensive and covers you in the likely event that the Patriots try to pound the Colts into submission again. With an over/under & team total that high, there should be plenty of action to provide a very high floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look like fanduel is opening up any of the larger (300+) single entry $2 or $5 double-ups this week for the Thursday-Monday games. Also no triple or quintuple-ups at that price that I see. I know last week there were a few overlays at the $2 level but kinda disappointing to just get rid of everything.

Yeah I already have a team with Brady, Lewis, Gronk and Edelman. I see a lot of people like the Broncos again for defense, are we not worried about Ware being out and plus the great match up the Jets have at home?
You are missing Blount. Last 3 games against the Colts the pats 'big' back:

Blount: 30-148-3

Gray: 37-201-4

Blount: 25-166-4

You have to have some exposure to Blount. I'm not sure the right %, but it is probably pretty high.

It doesn't look like fanduel is opening up any of the larger (300+) single entry $2 or $5 double-ups this week for the Thursday-Monday games. Also no triple or quintuple-ups at that price that I see. I know last week there were a few overlays at the $2 level but kinda disappointing to just get rid of everything.
I'm not seeing any tripled or quints at all, at least up to $10. They'll effectively end my Thursday play if that holds.

Looking at a few things. Love Hopkins this week and love the higher priced backs. Bell, Foster, Forte. The real question is do I have the guts to start Kaepernick in cash games.
You're reading my mind man. Just posted my Milly Maker recap and a blog summary.

Amongst my conclusions were:

1. Hopkins is the only slam dunk WR1 right now.

2. All the value seems to be at RB and it's pretty easy to fit in a pair of guys around $7,000 each.

3. Kaepernick-Boldin was one of my early favorites for best GPP stack.

The only thing I'd slightly disagree on is Kaep for cash. Too risky for me. I'd pay a little extra for Carson Palmer, who is still really cheap for some reason. He's throwing 3 touchdowns even when the game script ends up being awful. Plus, the potential for a huge game against a shaky Pitt secondary is there.

Edit: oops, clicked on FanDuel not DraftKings, but I still think the conclusions are pretty similar. Though Palmer is definitely more expensive comparatively on FD, which makes it tougher to put him into your lineup there.

Brady Brady and more brady against the finger waving colts..Oh its going to be a blood bath
:goodposting: Don't care how high he is owned, he will probably be in my main tourney lineup. I would say take the Thurs night matchup against the Steelers and multiply it as far as attitude and "let's stick it to them". I could see Belicheck up by 40 and going for an onside kick.

Looks like we might have the 2nd $5k QB special of the year:

EJ Manuel could start if Taylor is out, currently priced at $5,500, at home against Bengals (not the best match-up admittedly). Needs just 11 points and they don't really have a run game, and could/should get Watkins back. He had a string of games last year at around 11-17 points.

My first crack at a cash lineup (Thurs. double up):

Palmer

Freeman

Lacy

Hopkins

Boldin

A. Robinson

Gates

Tucker

Packers

A bit scared to go back to the well with Lacy after Week 5, but that matchup just looks really good on paper. Want to rewatch that GB-STL game to see if it was just the Rams nasty D Line or if Lacy looked slowed by the ankle before I lock him in.

Brady Brady and more brady against the finger waving colts..Oh its going to be a blood bath
:goodposting: Don't care how high he is owned, he will probably be in my main tourney lineup. I would say take the Thurs night matchup against the Steelers and multiply it as far as attitude and "let's stick it to them". I could see Belicheck up by 40 and going for an onside kick.
This was my initial reaction, but haven't the Patriots just ran the ball down Indy's throats in recent matchups? That gave me a little pause because this could be the random game where they just decide to run it 50 times and let their backs put up huge numbers.

Last time in Indy it was "The Jonas Gray game." He rushed for 200 yards and 4 touchdowns against pretty much the same defense. Here's the box score the last time NE played in Indy:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554417

Looks like we might have the 2nd $5k QB special of the year:

EJ Manuel could start if Taylor is out, currently priced at $5,500, at home against Bengals (not the best match-up admittedly). Needs just 11 points and they don't really have a run game, and could/should get Watkins back. He had a string of games last year at around 11-17 points.
I am leaning the other way and thinking the Bengals might be a must start,

This was my initial reaction, but haven't the Patriots just ran the ball down Indy's throats in recent matchups? That gave me a little pause because this could be the random game where they just decide to run it 50 times and let their backs put up huge numbers.

Last time in Indy it was "The Jonas Gray game." He rushed for 200 yards and 4 touchdowns against pretty much the same defense. Here's the box score the last time NE played in Indy:

And Tom Brady still threw for 250 and 2 scores. I'll take that as a floor and assume one of the RB isnt as likely to carry 37 times for 200 yards.

I don't think it is a Blount game and here is why.

A. Lewis is a better runner than Vereen he will still get carries

B. It is personal this time. Before Brady was like "Oh, isn't this cute these guys think they can hang with the real contenders." Then he would call over his big running back to take care of his light work. Peyton wasn't a Colt anymore and he had nothing to prove, just win the game and move on. Now they have accused him of cheating and made him mad. He isn't calling in Blount to handle this dirty work, he wants to do it himself. I could see Blount getting 100 yards and 2 touchdowns, but it will be garbage time and that is if Brady and Bellichek are satisfied with the ### kicking they delivered, if they aren't Brady will still be in there chucking it all over the field.

C. Maybe Luck with 2 weeks off feels great and turns in a great performance and it keeps it close, then Brady stays on the field and they do what they do best.

I am not totally confident in this either, but I am leaning this way. i will still have Blount in a GPP lineup that mostly fades the rest of the Patriots in case this happens.

Amazing how little love Bortles continues to get. Granted there are injury issues this week, but if he's healthy the guy has returned value for 4 weeks in a row in cash games. He's still just $7300. If he's healthy, he's a lock for one of my cash lineups. Houston isn't terrible against the pass, but I'll take Bortles at home in a winnable division game.

The Soulless Ginger might be a really good play as well -- and I bet his ownership numbers are low since he's facing a defense that is way more hype than substance.

Brady is an obvious call, but man he's so expensive. NE could beat the ever loving crap out of Indy and he still not have a big enough FD score. I don't think the game script plays out like but, but it's not impossible. As noted above, NE has enjoyed cramming the ball down Indy's throat in the Luck Era.

And it looks like no triples or quintuples available on FD for Thursday for some reason. Any insight into that from the guys who know such things?

Anyone else like Vereen a lot at $5600 this week? Unfortunately it is a Mon night game so we won't know until late if OBJ is questionable this week, but Vegas has the total pretty high on that game and Eli seems very comfortable with Vereen catching passes.

Brady needs 250 and 2 TDs to "return value". He basically did this in the last game where Jonas Gray went off for ridiculous yards and scores. Even if they emphasize the run for whatever reasons, Brady will get his, especially with the Deflategate storyline looming.

Only question is what kind of lineup can I build around Brady. That's more of a determining factor for me.

Anyone else like Vereen a lot at $5600 this week? Unfortunately it is a Mon night game so we won't know until late if OBJ is questionable this week, but Vegas has the total pretty high on that game and Eli seems very comfortable with Vereen catching passes.
I personally don't quite have a handle on the Giants right now. Last year it was simple: they can't run, they can't play defense, and there is only 1 competent receiver on the roster. This year they still can't run and they still can't play defense, but there may be a couple other competent receivers. Vereen probably needs to find the end zone to get to 12 points. Randle isn't very good but he seems to be the next best WR option on that team. He might be more of a bump than Vereen if ODB is out.

Brady needs 250 and 2 TDs to "return value". He basically did this in the last game where Jonas Gray went off for ridiculous yards and scores. Even if they emphasize the run for whatever reasons, Brady will get his, especially with the Deflategate storyline looming.

Only question is what kind of lineup can I build around Brady. That's more of a determining factor for me.
I don't want to spin off into too much of a tangent on this, but is "double" really returning value at QB this year? Seems like a 2.5 multiplier is a more realistic place to be at QB based on what we've seen in the first 5 weeks. Maybe I'm missing something, but a QB hitting the traditional "value" of 2x in cash games isn't proving to be particularly "valuable" this year.

Here is a quick lineup i did as a place holder for cash on thursday

BRADY

BELL

C. WEST

HOPKINS

SNEAD

M. WILSON

GATES

GOSTKOWSKI

DENVER

I am eyeing the Amish Rifle at qb this week.
I've kicked the tires some myself. But damn he's capable of a turd at any time.
Will get on this train for his price, plus allows a Marshall stack. He's got Decker healthy now too. Skins Def should stop Ivory and force them to move through the air.

Also I am guilty of the "I'm going to the game so I want some action!"

Still at $6,900 -- he's put up 14-17 points in every game. Not a bad option.

Here's my first take:

Fitz

Forte, Lacy

Marshall, Fitz, Snead

Gates, Gostk, Broncs

What do we think about Forte vs. Foster as the non-Bell, non-AP stud RBs?

Both are on the road against suspect defenses. Jags (Foster) gave up 2 TDs to Blount and 3 to DMartin. Detroit (Forte) gave up 35 points to combo of 3 Arizona backs.

Or is the answer here to pay up 500-600 more for AP (at home against a broken KC, coming off bye) or Bell (at home against Cards, don't like that matchup)?

Will get on this train for his price, plus allows a Marshall stack. He's got Decker healthy now too. Skins Def should stop Ivory and force them to move through the air.

Here's my first take:

Fitz

Forte, Lacy

Marshall, Fitz, Snead

Gates, Gostk, Broncs
Thinking about doing a Fitz Marshall Stack and a Fitz Decker Stack. Just can't put myself to put all 3 in a lineup.

ETA: Here is a Fitz Decker stack that looks to have some promise.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick 6900
RB Devonta Freeman 8000
RB Dion Lewis 7200
WR Eric Decker 6100
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7500
WR DeAndre Hopkins 8500
TE Greg Olsen 6300
K Mason Crosby 4900
D Atlanta Falcons 4600

Here's my first take:

Fitz

Forte, Lacy

Marshall, Fitz, Snead

Gates, Gostk, Broncs
Thinking about doing a Fitz Marshall Stack and a Fitz Decker Stack. Just can't put myself to put all 3 in a lineup.

ETA: Here is a Fitz Decker stack that looks to have some promise.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick 6900
RB Devonta Freeman 8000
RB Dion Lewis 7200
WR Eric Decker 6100
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7500
WR DeAndre Hopkins 8500
TE Greg Olsen 6300
K Mason Crosby 4900
D Atlanta Falcons 4600
I'm not real big on Olsen this week. Seattle will fix that problem. Otherwise I love this lineup.

Both are on the road against suspect defenses. Jags (Foster) gave up 2 TDs to Blount and 3 to DMartin. Detroit (Forte) gave up 35 points to combo of 3 Arizona backs.

Or is the answer here to pay up 500-600 more for AP (at home against a broken KC, coming off bye) or Bell (at home against Cards, don't like that matchup)?
Right now my cash lineup has both of these guys over Bell and AP. I am not sure if it will stay like this, but I feel like their floors are higher than AP and the same as Leveon.

How about a Stafford/Johnson Stack this week against Chicago. Stafford is $6900 (probably the lowest you will ever see him). Rivalry game at home. Showing a low total, but neither defense is great.

Right now my cash lineup has both of these guys over Bell and AP. I am not sure if it will stay like this, but I feel like their floors are higher than AP and the same as Leveon.
This might be a good week to stay off AD, I could see Minnesota to possibly try to get the passing attack going after the bye. Peterson is still the focal point I think, but I also think the coaching staff knows they have to get the passing game going.

How about a Stafford/Johnson Stack this week against Chicago. Stafford is $6900 (probably the lowest you will ever see him). Rivalry game at home. Showing a low total, but neither defense is great.
Another one I'm definitely running out in at least 1 GPP play. I'm looking at Stafford in a cash lineup but not sure I can pull the trigger on him because he's Stafford. Seems like there's potentially lots of value available on Detroit though.

Another one I'm definitely running out in at least 1 GPP play. I'm looking at Stafford in a cash lineup but not sure I can pull the trigger on him because he's Stafford. Seems like there's potentially lots of value available on Detroit though.
The CBs for the Bears are still sub-par and I think this is one where Tate and Megatron can take advantage. As long as Stafford takes care of the ball and the offensive line can protect him (they have been one of the league's worst), he should have a solid outing.

The CBs for the Bears are still sub-par and I think this is one where Tate and Megatron can take advantage. As long as Stafford takes care of the ball and the offensive line can protect him (they have been one of the league's worst), he should have a solid outing.
But what's the probability of both of those things happening this week? I mean it is Stafford and it is the Detroit OL we're talking about. The counter, obviously, is "Chicago Bears". But the counter to the counter is: we all thought Smith was a lock for at least competence last week.

I honestly can't see me using him in a cash lineup.

I am all in on Hyde this week. He looked very good again last week despite the moderate production. This week he gets the Ravens defense, just off a soul-crushing loss, at home. On top of so few good values anywhere else at RB this week the value is just jumping off the screen to me.

But what's the probability of both of those things happening this week? I mean it is Stafford and it is the Detroit OL we're talking about. The counter, obviously, is "Chicago Bears". But the counter to the counter is: we all thought Smith was a lock for at least competence last week.

I honestly can't see me using him in a cash lineup.
And I can't really argue with you there. The Bears defense is not a fire-sale like some people assumed it was when they traded Allen and Bostic (Bears homer here), they still have good players on the defensive line and great coaching right now. Cash... no way. GPP, sure.

I am all in on Hyde this week. He looked very good again last week despite the moderate production. This week he gets the Ravens defense, just off a soul-crushing loss, at home. On top of so few good values anywhere else at RB this week the value is just jumping off the screen to me.
Baltimore's been fairly decent against the run though.

I'm not seeing any tripled or quints at all, at least up to $10. They'll effectively end my Thursday play if that holds.
Back up. As per usual just the BIG double and then single-entries for Trips and Quints.

You are correct. It hasn't been just "one random game", it's been the last 3 games. These are the stats:

Blount: 30-148-3 (playoffs)

Gray: 37-201-4 (regular season)

Blount: 25-166-4 (playoffs)

What about Shane Vereen this week.

ODB possibly out or slowed down with the hammy, Randle out leaving Dwayne Harris and Donnell?

Trying a few things here is one for 50/50, double up, etc

Thursday Start

Fitz

Freeman

Lewis

Hopkins

Decker

Fitz

Gates

Gostkowski

Denver

Sunday

Rivers

Forte

D Lewis

D Hopkins

James Jones

John Brown

A Gates

Gostkowski

Denver

I think like others have said I plan on building with Denver and Gost. I'll try to get a few lineups with some other TE's, but Gates is still cheap and a redzone target for Rivers. Obviously I will make a crap ton of changes, but this is my starting point.

Baltimore's been fairly decent against the run though.
The Ravens are 14th in the league allowing 100 yards a game on the ground. Forsett has what looks like a high ankle sprain, Steve Smith may play with broken ribs. With the Ravens having trouble moving the ball this game plays out with a game script that lets Hyde produce like the elite talent he is.

Users who are viewing this thread