What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 6 (1 Viewer)

Anyone got a Mon-Thu cooking?

Wilson

Vereen

Lynch

ODB

Matthews

Randle

Graham

Sturgis

Seattle

Thoughts? IVC is really pumping Wilson. Lynch worries me but the options tonight are a crap shoot and who knows what will happen with Hyde this week (not a good matchup anyways).

DukeBroadway said:
Moving on to week 7, Less is more.
I always try to go into it like that but then my over-analysis gets the better of me and I end up with too many teams. I usually try to max out at 5 GPP teams though (I don't play cash games personally). I need to find another layer of analysis as I usually just stop at matchups.

I need to go deeper.

Anyone got a Mon-Thu cooking?

Wilson

Vereen

Lynch

ODB

Matthews

Randle

Graham

Sturgis

Seattle

Thoughts? IVC is really pumping Wilson. Lynch worries me but the options tonight are a crap shoot and who knows what will happen with Hyde this week (not a good matchup anyways).
I didn't... but now I kind of want to get one going.

Last edited by a moderator:
My best lineup was actually in the Thursday GPP.

Palmer

Blount

Freeman

Marshall

Megatron

J Brown

Ertz

Gostkowski

Seattle D

Right now winning $75 with Ertz to go. Just wish Palmer had a better day, damn costly turnovers.

He

pbandy1 said:
snellman said:
Good call on Olsen Trembley. I should have listened.
Starting to listen to him more than Dodds lately. Great call on Ivory too
Where were these calls made?
He just had him ranked fairly high on the IVC and had him above Gronk when it came to h-value. I had questioned it because I thought Sea D would be better at home so I played Gates and Gronk in my lineups. Both had decent games for TEs, but Olsen could have been a difference maker.
Right, I'm mainly going off of the IVC charts and the 'h-value'. He also pimped Olsen in some of the articles (roundtable or whatever its called). Not sure if he mentioned Ivory anywhere but he did list him as the #2 back behind Forte.

Itchy Amos said:
I think one of my mistakes is that I've been putting together my lineups far too early in the week. As news changes throughout the week, I keep adjusting & adding more. By the time Sunday morning rolls around, I have too many lineups & cant easily adjust to the injury report. I end up over exposed to some players and under exposed to others. The lineups that I put together on Sunday mornings typically fare better than the ones from earlier in the week. That's a pattern that I've noticed in the past month.

I don't usually play Thursday games, so I'm just going to spend some time during the week figuring out my list of targeted players. I'm going to hold off on entering lineups until Saturday at the earliest. I'll just toss in a dummy lineup for my 50/50s and leave it alone until Sunday morning.
I completely agree and it has something I have just learned the more I play FanDuel. Constructing line-ups too early is essentially a waste of time... I could get other more important things done in the day, but also I get too attached to players throughout the week. The one thing I hate leading up to Sundays is being in love with too many players, you have to keep a list of guys you like and not stray too far away from that. Not only that but injuries are such a big part of winning money in this thing and it changes so frequently throughout the week.

Itchy Amos said:
I think one of my mistakes is that I've been putting together my lineups far too early in the week. As news changes throughout the week, I keep adjusting & adding more. By the time Sunday morning rolls around, I have too many lineups & cant easily adjust to the injury report. I end up over exposed to some players and under exposed to others. The lineups that I put together on Sunday mornings typically fare better than the ones from earlier in the week. That's a pattern that I've noticed in the past month.

I don't usually play Thursday games, so I'm just going to spend some time during the week figuring out my list of targeted players. I'm going to hold off on entering lineups until Saturday at the earliest. I'll just toss in a dummy lineup for my 50/50s and leave it alone until Sunday morning.
I completely agree and it has something I have just learned the more I play FanDuel. Constructing line-ups too early is essentially a waste of time... I could get other more important things done in the day, but also I get too attached to players throughout the week. The one thing I hate leading up to Sundays is being in love with too many players, you have to keep a list of guys you like and not stray too far away from that. Not only that but injuries are such a big part of winning money in this thing and it changes so frequently throughout the week.
My take is that you need to start homing in on your QBs early in the process. The position is just too important right now with the salary structure. If you can't hit 2.5 times the salary/1000 at QB I think you're really behind in the game. After that, I tend to agree that waiting is better to finalize, but coming up with general roster concepts around your QB(s) is ok early.

I do like to start constructing lineups early though for the fun of the exercise, so I will run 1 or 2 Thursday cash lineups out each week. I've found that it is consistently better than my Sunday action FWIW.

The receiver is Matthews, the rb just has the one t. Still game flow will dictate no passing.. So just a little more of a loss for the weekend theb planned. I am only running 2 cash line ups. Next week. Or 1 if im absolutely in love with it.

Losing week for me. Only wagered $13 though, so I don't care at all. :)

Rolling snake eyes despite having Marshall/A-Rob/Fitz and either Graham/Eifert/Cameron on all of my rosters just shows me how good I've been running to win money most weeks. You really need those multi TD games to stay in the cash, even in 50/50 games. And if you crap out at one position like I did this week (had Peterson everywhere), your are basically SOL unless you get a monster game elsewhere.

After these games I cashed out my initial buy-ins + 50% on FD and DK. Kept some leftovers in the accounts to play around with, but not much.

Yeah, where was vereen at?

Either way, I cashed 45/56 cash lineups and cashed 3/3 GPP.

Draftking I was 34/51 cash lineups..

FantasyHub I entered a free roll and ended up 1st out of 1072 people..Pretty cool, first time that has happen with me.

Good week for me, I am happy. Highest score in FD was 168 and highest in DK was 189.5.

Way to rub it in...lol. Nice week man. The trio of Lacy/Lewis/Wallace sunk my battle ship. Again to many sub optimal line ups. Gonna buckle down.

Actually I didnt end up as bad as I had thought after tallying it up. Still a loss. Basically back to square one where I started. Which is ok. Goal #1 was to make my initial deposit last the season and have fun. Accomplishing that so far. I know I will never be the guy on a DFS commercial.

Tough week. Jet/Min/Sea were on almost all my LUs. Lot of Lacy and Lewis, etc. Next week(if I am still allowed to play) I am going to play fewer LUs. I need to learn how to use the tools to run more LUs and until I find out if I am going to be able to continue playing for more than a week or two I do not want to start that project.

+27% for the week. I'm still not putting enough in play to be making anything much though. If I can have another week like this one I may start being a little more aggressive. My 3rd cash lineup was clearly my weakest for the 2nd week in a row after a few weeks of it being one of my strongest plays. That tells me that I'm starting to home in a little better on my top lineups.

Way to rub it in...lol. Nice week man. The trio of Lacy/Lewis/Wallace sunk my battle ship. Again to many sub optimal line ups. Gonna buckle down.
The LU I had that didnt cash has Lacy in it, which was a last minute add, wouldnt have mattered since he was replacing Lewis. I was very, very heavy on Jets this week.

I know I will never be the guy on a DFS commercial.
Have you not seen that annoying Fanduel commercial where he has only won $349 and it makes his weekend a lot more exciting???? I don't know that guy, but I want to hit him in the face..lol

Lol I have seen that. I still dont think I will be that guy. I have no consistency, well actually I do. I have 2 good weeks then lose all that i had won the following week, back to square one. Rinse and repeat.

I had like 60 entries this week and the Mon game didn't take me out of the money in a single one. Crazy. I'm up 580% of my initial deposit. I'm thinking about throwing out gpp lineups until I'm back under $600 profit to keep the tax man away.

Paid the rake. Wagered ~$500, lost about $50. Now I gotta see about getting that Sunday Million refund.

On the bright side, 45 of 45 still alive surivor entries made it it through despite a little bit of lacy and a little bit of lewis.

Should've stuck to my original plans: Gostkowksi and Broncos everywhere (instead I got enamored with Jets, Seahawks, and Crosby due to the IVC).

also this lineup was only in about $6 of entries but did pretty well:

Manuel

Foster, Forte

Fitz, Edelman, Boldin/Matthews

Gostkowski, Broncs

Back to basics week 7! Concentrate on 2-3 solid cash LUs per slate. Quit messing with GPPs and Qualifiers.

So what have you been finding to be successful for you mrip?
Most of my profit has come from the big multi entry double ups. My 1 main lineup has hit each week. I’ve mostly put out 1 main gpp lineup with a few variations. I throw the cash lineup in a couple gpps and triple ups. High variance in my favor this year. Been focusing on tuning out the hype and going on the numbers, guaranteed touches per $, rz looks, pff wr/cb chart, game script immune players, daily fantasy football edge podcast, and a lot of luck. But really, pff stats were such an unfair advantage someone paid to take them off the market...

finished -60, but with the Sunday million refund maybe -35.

Had Rivers in most of my Thursday lineups, but was talked out of it in my Sunday lineups from a friend. Won't be listening to him again.

Did finish #180 out of 90,000 in one of the Thursday contests. Needed a top D or tight end to finish in the top 20. :rant:

so did draft kings pay pff to stop providing premium stats
Wish I knew, but some dfs industry people definitely still have access. Not sure if they got grandfathered in somehow or are affiliated with the mystery exclusive customer. I should start making a list of people I hear dropping pff stats in podcasts.

Wish I knew, but some dfs industry people definitely still have access. Not sure if they got grandfathered in somehow or are affiliated with the mystery exclusive customer. I should start making a list of people I hear dropping pff stats in podcasts.
My access just expired today. I think it depends on when you last re-upped your sub. If you paid for a full month, you'll get the full month and the people who still have access may end up losing it shortly.

Edit: Im not sure what their motive is for stopping doing them. I , and most likely many others, are willing to throw our money at them.

Had about $140 in play and came out with $200 for the weekend. 2 out of my 3 main lineups did very well, but the one Thursday lineup that was 130 didn't make anything. Finished in the cash in a couple 100 team tournaments and split some 3 man tournaments. Up to $277 from $28, so the year has been good so far. Not sure I have the guts to put more than 150 in the middle this week, but I think I will focus more on cash as well. I'll throw a $1 or $2 entry to something big, but I just think I am throwing my money away so often in those. Good luck everyone!

Scoresman said:
mrip541 said:
VA703 said:
My access just expired today. I think it depends on when you last re-upped your sub. If you paid for a full month, you'll get the full month and the people who still have access may end up losing it shortly.

Edit: Im not sure what their motive is for stopping doing them. I , and most likely many others, are willing to throw our money at them.
I believe they're selling them exclusively to NFL teams now (and perhaps some big media corporations, I'm not sure) for like $20K-$40K each.

Users who are viewing this thread