What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deflategate Revenge Bowl (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
How many points do the Pats win by this week? There's no chance Brady and Belichek take their foot off the gas against the Colts if only to prove that deflated balls or no, they destroyed this team. What are we thinking here? 50? 60? Could we get a 70 point game for the first time since the 30's?

"What's he gonna do? Is he gonna #### or is he gonna kill us?"

"First he's gonna #### ... then he's gonna kill us!"

No way they score 70 and I'm a homer. I'm thinking 48-24. Colts probably get a few cheap garbage time scores to make it look respectable.

Most Points Scored, Single Game

1. 73 Chicago Bears v. Washington Redskins 73-0* Dec. 8, 1940
2. 72 Washington Redskins v. New York Giants 72-41 Nov. 27, 1966
3. 70 Los Angeles Rams v. Baltimore Colts 70-27 Oct. 22, 1950
4. 66 Cleveland Browns v. Brooklyn Dodgers 66-14 Dec. 8, 1946
4. 66 Rochester Jeffersons v. Fort Porter 66-0 Oct. 10, 1920
6. 65 Los Angeles Rams v. Detroit Lions 65-24 Oct. 29, 1950
6. 65 Chicago Cardinals v. New York Bulldogs 65-20 Nov. 13, 1949
8. 64 Philadelphia Eagles v. Cincinnati Reds 64-0 Nov. 6, 1934
9. 63 San Francisco 49ers v. Brooklyn Dodgers 63-40 Nov. 21, 1948
9. 63 Chicago Cardinals v. New York Giants 63-35 Oct, 17, 1948
9. 63 Pittsburgh Steelers v. New York Giants 63-7 Nov. 30, 1952
12. 62 New York Jets v. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 62-28 Nov. 17, 1985
12. 62 Los Angeles Dons v. Buffalo Bisons 62-14 Dec. 1, 1946
12. 62 Cleveland Browns v. New York Giants 62-14 Dec. 6, 1953
12. 62 New York Giants v. Philadlephia Eagles 62-10 Nov. 26, 1972
12. 62 Atlanta Falcons v. New Orleans Saints 62-7 Sep. 16, 1973
12. 62 Jacksonville Jaguars v. Miami Dolphins 62-7* Jan. 15, 2000
12. 62 New Orleans Saints v. Indianapolis Colts 62-7 Oct. 23, 2011
12. 62 Cleveland Browns v. Washington Redskins 62-3 Nov. 7, 1954
12. 62 Akron Pros v. Oorang Indians 62-0 Oct. 29, 1922
21. 61 Chicago Bears v. San Francisco 49ers 61-20 Dec. 12, 1965
21. 61 Cincinnati Bengals v. Houston Oilers 61-17 Dec. 17, 1972
21. 61 Cleveland Browns v. Los Angeles Dons 61-14 Oct. 14, 1949
21. 61 Chicago Bears v. Green Bay Packers 61-7 Dec. 7, 1980
21. 61 Cincinnati Bengals v. Houston Oilers 61-7 Dec. 17, 1989
26. 60 Rock Island Independents v. Evansville Crimson Giants 60-0 Oct. 15, 1922
26. 60 Chicago Cardinals v. Rochester Jeffersons 60-0 Oct. 7, 1923

60 is pretty rare. But I guess you knew that when you saw a third of these games involved defunct franchises.

:lol:

The Vegas total is 55.5. I would not have the cajones to be standing around with an under ticket on this one, think we could see 60+

The Vegas total is 55.5. I would not have the cajones to be standing around with an under ticket on this one, think we could see 60+
Ok, that's the NE total, but what are the Colts going to score?

And for whomever had the 10-1 bet on the Patriots scoring 50+ points in a game once more this season, NE had two 50+ point games in 2007 and 2012.

And for whomever had the 10-1 bet on the Patriots scoring 50+ points in a game once more this season, NE had two 50+ point games in 2007 and 2012.
Could see this going 42-20. NE will not kick FG's on principle if they play "scorched earth" revenge football. I see Indy struggling, maybe a TD and 2 FG's through end of Q3 and a garbage TD in the 4th quarter.

NE scores mid-40's before taking the foot off the gas. If I'm predicting a actual score, I'll say 45-24.
Is that some sort of euphemism for scoring even more points? Seriously what is that?

Bill Simmons thinks the Pats are gonna hang 70 on em - as hilarious as that idea is, I think 50 is entirely within the realm of reason.

Start all yours Pats, literally all of them. Roll out your Boldens, your Keshawns, your Chandlers, your Dropsons. Start the Pats D over the Broncos vs Cleveland. Id start Ghost over some QBs.

Get the entire NE front 7 into your lineups.

DFS you can start Blount and Lewis for relatively cheap.

Edit: Breaking news apparently... Nate Solder expected to miss the rest of season with torn bicep. Left Tackle down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just trying to figure out if this is a Blount or Lewis game.

Historicaly against the colts its been the power rusher, is the revenge narrative enough to make it a Lewis game?

I hope those cheating Colts and the cheater Luck gets beaten badly ..... 75% of balls tested from that cheating team were deflated

NE scores mid-40's before taking the foot off the gas. If I'm predicting a actual score, I'll say 45-24.
Is that some sort of euphemism for scoring even more points? Seriously what is that?

Bill Simmons thinks the Pats are gonna hang 70 on em - as hilarious as that idea is, I think 50 is entirely within the realm of reason.

Start all yours Pats, literally all of them. Roll out your Boldens, your Keshawns, your Chandlers, your Dropsons. Start the Pats D over the Broncos vs Cleveland. Id start Ghost over some QBs.

Get the entire NE front 7 into your lineups.

DFS you can start Blount and Lewis for relatively cheap.

Edit: Breaking news apparently... Nate Solder expected to miss the rest of season with torn bicep. Left Tackle down.
I wonder what the ownership percentages are going to be for the Pats this week. Last week both Brady and Gronk were about 26%.

The Pats will win comfortably, but it'll be through the air rather than on the ground I suspect. The Colts rush D has actually been stout this year with Langford, Parry and Anderson.

Our pass D, specifically at LB, sucks though, so I would expect Lewis and Gronk to have big days.

Anarchy99 said:
mquinnjr said:

That was me.

I think the hype is getting out of hand on this one. In the betting world, when everyone is on one side, the sharp money is usually on the other.

35-28. Pats do not cover.

Im not going to underestimate Luck. Pats will play they're game and Luck will make some noise. 36-30. Pats go up big and Luck gets 2 late TDs but not enough time.

Most Receiving Touchdowns One Game:

Bob Shaw 5 Chicago Cardinals vs. Baltimore Colts, October 2, 1950

Kellen Winslow+ 5 San Diego Chargers vs. Oakland Raiders, November 22, 1981

Jerry Rice+ 5 San Francisco 49ers vs. Atlanta Falcons, October 14, 1990

These big hype games never pay off. Doubt NE scores more than 35.
I was sort of thinking the same. Not that I don't think BB and Brady could be the exception to this, but as a Brady/Edelman owner in my only league I have anxiety about this being a letdown.

These big hype games never pay off. Doubt NE scores more than 35.
I was sort of thinking the same. Not that I don't think BB and Brady could be the exception to this, but as a Brady/Edelman owner in my only league I have anxiety about this being a letdown.
Well, I've got Brady/Gronk in one league, and Edelman/Blount in another. I'm starting all 4...no way all the mouths get fed, but hopefully enough of them do.

Re. Blount - Look at the NE Power back's numbers against Indy over the last 3 games - They tend to run their power back a lot...and get a lot of running scores.

01/18/15 - Blount puts up 30/148/3

11/16/14 - Jonas Grey puts up 37/201/4

1/11/14 - Blount goes 24/166/4

No matter what you think of the deflategate scandal (I for one think not only is the most overblown non story in the history of the NFL, it may very well most be the biggest non story in the history of the the universe) or the Patriots in general this game has blowout written all over it.

The question in my mind isn't will the Patriots win or lose. it's how much will the crush the Colts by in the long awaited deflate gate/revenge matchup vs the Colts.

I honestly think that the Patriots will score AT LEAST 50 points on an Indy defense that they tend to dominate on an average day. Given all the pent up anger Belichick, Brady and the rest of New England have towards Indy, if they can score 100 points they will.

Bottom line, if you have any Patriots this week play them with confidence in what may very well be a beating of biblical proportions.

People forget that this is a revenge game for the Colts as well. They were, after all, the ones that lost the AFCCG 45-7.

Having said that, NE is a much better team right now than Indy, so they will win, but not because they want revenge; they will win because they are a much better team at this point in time.

Tonight will say a lot about Chuck Pagano as a head coach. Not saying Indy has to win, but if the Colts look uninspired and flat in this game, he has failed as a head coach. Indy has to at least put up a fight and not roll over.

Having said all of that, Brady, Blount and Gronk are all no-brainers in DFS this week.

Emotion's a funny thing. Bill's great at keeping everybody's heads on straight, so you'd hope...

Honestly, I just want to see improvement week to week.

(But if we're up big in the fourth, I'll be doing some taunting.)

I wouldn't let them if I was head coach. If they tried to make a statement so would I. Brady wouldn't finish the game. It would be all out blitz every play until they carried him off the field.

That message being that if you stomp us badly enough we will throw a tantrum and quit.

It's not like Pagano is gonna have a job in Indy next year.

I wouldn't let them if I was head coach. If they tried to make a statement so would I. Brady wouldn't finish the game. It would be all out blitz every play until they carried him off the field.
This fantasy will never happen. Bountygate had such an over the top punishment that no coach is about to order his team to hurt someone. Now, one player deciding to do something after the whistle, like a body slam (for you bears and packer fans), is a different story.

What...a team averages about 12 posessions a game, right? 12x6=72 + 12x2=24....so that's 96. But then you figure the D will be hungry too....so figuring conservatively that the NE D scores on 1/3 of the IND posessions......that's 4x6=24 + 4x2=8 =32.......96+32 = 128

128....but it might be more if the NE D is REALLY hungry or the O gets more than 12 posessions.

Users who are viewing this thread