What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nate Orchard, LB Browns going forward (dynasty) (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
2nd round pick this year...Played 43 snaps this past week which was big bump for him.

got a blurb in the IDP upgrades article and also a mention by Jene in reading the defense. is now the time to pick him up in dynasty?

LB Nate Orchard, CLE (4 solos, 1 asst, 1 PD)
The Browns made some changes at linebacker this week to try and improve one of the worst defenses in the league. Orchard was the team’s 2nd round pick and he saw 61% of the snaps this week while Paul Kruger saw a drop to just 40%.

Hoping Bracie checks in here with some of his deep Browns knowledge.

I don't want to over state his case but Nate got his first sacks two weeks back and yesterday got his first interception and he's looked improved against the run. He could lock down the starting position heading into next year.

Problem is if Jim O'Niel somehow keeps his job as DC is that O'Neil constantly shuffles in and out players so its tough for anyone to get into a flow and be on the field long enough to post solid stats. I doubt O'Neil is back next year so Nate has a 'shot' to make a big leap next year.

I don't want to over state his case but Nate got his first sacks two weeks back and yesterday got his first interception and he's looked improved against the run. He could lock down the starting position heading into next year.

Problem is if Jim O'Niel somehow keeps his job as DC is that O'Neil constantly shuffles in and out players so its tough for anyone to get into a flow and be on the field long enough to post solid stats. I doubt O'Neil is back next year so Nate has a 'shot' to make a big leap next year.
Thanks!

Longtime Browns beat writer Tony Grossi states that the top candidate of all of the Browns players drafted last year for breaking out in 2016 is LB Nate Orchard.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/1373/heytony-can-the-browns-improve-cody-kesslers-arm-strength

Hey Tony: Which second-year Brown is most likely to have a breakout season in your opinion?

-- Nick, Westerville, Ohio

Hey Nick: You would hope it to be Danny Shelton or Cam Erving because of the integral positions they play. But I have a sneaking suspicion it could be Nate Orchard because he came on late last year and defensive coordinator Ray Horton will put more emphasis than the last coach on rushing the passer.

==========================================================================================

The club drafted Emmanuel Ogbah out of Oklahoma State in the 2nd round and are moving him to OLB/DE rush linebacker position.  Fortunately, Jim O'Neil was replaced by Ray Horton whose motto is to 'pressure the QB' so both Nate and Ogbah along with Paul Kruger should see the field a lot and won't be doing as much dropping as they did last year.  

We'll have to see how things shake out but I had forgotten about how well Orchard finished up last year so Grossi could be right.  Nate Orchard 'could' make a big leap in his 2nd year but Ogbah will make his presence felt and Kruger is still very much in the picture.

Browns cut OLB Paul Kruger.

Orchard is listed as a starter and should get a lot of snaps because the other listed starting OLB Armonty Bryant, is suspended for the first four games.  I honestly have no idea who they plan to start opposite Orchard for the first few games but Orchard should see a lot of reps.

Users who are viewing this thread