What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kapri Bibbs (1 Viewer)

kittenmittens said:
I grabbed him in dynasty.. We don't know how well Booker will hold up to a full workload.   Might as well own Bibbs while we find out. 
Not only that, Booker has a slight issue with fumbleitis.

If Cecil likes him, stay away... Far away.... Cecil was in love with Hillman for about three years and then it was Ball. I don't think he's gotten a single Den RB right in the history of FBG
On the most recent Audible Live podcast, Cecil repeatedly dismissed and trashed Bibbs while saying Booker was going to be one of those backs that runs for 1000 yards in 8 games and wins teams fantasy titles. That could still happen, but if Cecil still has his magic touch for picking the exact wrong guy, well... all the Bibbs owners just hit the jackpot!

On the most recent Audible Live podcast, Cecil repeatedly dismissed and trashed Bibbs while saying Booker was going to be one of those backs that runs for 1000 yards in 8 games and wins teams fantasy titles. That could still happen, but if Cecil still has his magic touch for picking the exact wrong guy, well... all the Bibbs owners just hit the jackpot!
Well played sir

Wait a minute, I could swear Cecil was singing his (Bibbs) praises in preseason last year.  Pretty sure at some point he did.  Anyone?

You know he will be mixed in as if he was Booker and Booker is CJ.
I think that's what most of us in here expect, but Cecil was pounding the table for Booker to be worked like a government mule. He talked about how Booker was a guy at Utah that wanted 30+ carries a game and got better with more work. 

A lot of that sounds like hot air and taking Kubiak's quote a little too literally. Kubiak said, "It'll be Book," and that he will get "all he can handle."  I don't think anyone in here believes Bibbs is starting or is taking Booker's job. But the team looked their best by running the football as much as possible. Booker is staring 20-25 touches in the face, but 30-35?  I find that hard to believe. Bibbs is going to get work, and if Booker goes down... well...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/10/26/former-csu-star-karpri-bibbs-might-get-more-action-after-c-j-andersons-injury/?e=l-PVgqn6GADfaA

Former CSU Star Kapri Bibbs Might Get More Action After C.J. Anderson’s Injury

October 26, 2016 7:48 PM

...With Anderson down, the Broncos would start Booker on Sunday against San Diego and Colorado State star Kapri Bibbs would back him up.

“It’s kind of up to Book, how much can he handle, what kind of load can he handle? But I think he played really well the other night,” Kubiak said. “Kapri’s been chomping.

...Quarterback Trevor Siemian said he’s comfortable with Booker, too.

“Book is a stud and he’s been running really well for us the last couple of weeks,” Siemian said. “Hopefully we get C.J. back again because you would like to have two that are playing really well. But I have a lot of  confidence in Book, Kapri and whoever else is back there.”

Question here,does anyone think the situation has changed with CJ out? I'm guessing Kubs will operate in the same matter with Booker and Bibbs. A share of the load and somewhat the same % of carries

•  

Question here,does anyone think the situation has changed with CJ out? I'm guessing Kubs will operate in the same matter with Booker and Bibbs. A share of the load and somewhat the same % of carries

•  
  •  

Of course, the situation has changed with CJ out.

CJ is a proven vet who excelled picking up the blitz and is solid catching the ball out of the backfield.  CJ has excellent vision in the hole and is better at that than Booker.

Kapri is known to be a solid runner but he wasn't on the field so I would imagine he isn't nearly as solid in pass-pro and I don't know anything about his hands.  Kapri scored 30 TDs in college so I have confidence he would be a solid goal line back if the coaches trust him down near the goal.  

The split 'probably' won't match what CJ and Booker had but don't forget that Booker fumbled his very first NFL snap and wasn't used much for a month after that so Kapri can't make mistakes that would cost him PT and I think his role will gradually increase to the point his natural running ability would shine.  

Kapri Bibbs is a legit 'sleeper' in the true sense of the word.  He has to prove he won't make mistakes and show he can protect the QB and be a weapon catching passes.  His running ability has never been questioned and I'm excited to see him play.

Of course, the situation has changed with CJ out.

CJ is a proven vet who excelled picking up the blitz and is solid catching the ball out of the backfield.  CJ has excellent vision in the hole and is better at that than Booker.

Kapri is known to be a solid runner but he wasn't on the field so I would imagine he isn't nearly as solid in pass-pro and I don't know anything about his hands.  Kapri scored 30 TDs in college so I have confidence he would be a solid goal line back if the coaches trust him down near the goal.  

The split 'probably' won't match what CJ and Booker had but don't forget that Booker fumbled his very first NFL snap and wasn't used much for a month after that so Kapri can't make mistakes that would cost him PT and I think his role will gradually increase to the point his natural running ability would shine.  

Kapri Bibbs is a legit 'sleeper' in the true sense of the word.  He has to prove he won't make mistakes and show he can protect the QB and be a weapon catching passes.  His running ability has never been questioned and I'm excited to see him play.
Great points but I like to add, CJ was not a the favorite of Elway. Booker and Bibbs are.  

Great points but I like to add, CJ was not a the favorite of Elway. Booker and Bibbs are.  
Well, it has to be pointed out that Elway made what had to be seen as a mistake when he let CJ test FA waters but then he corrected that decision when he caved and decided to pay CJ rather than see him go in free agency.

I don't think it was a matter of not liking CJ but a business decision to allow him to test free agency but in the end he paid the man so he must have liked something about him.  I mean he did play a huge role in the Super Bowl run and win.

Well, it has to be pointed out that Elway made what had to be seen as a mistake when he let CJ test FA waters but then he corrected that decision when he caved and decided to pay CJ rather than see him go in free agency.

I don't think it was a matter of not liking CJ but a business decision to allow him to test free agency but in the end he paid the man so he must have liked something about him.  I mean he did play a huge role in the Super Bowl run and win.
I would argue it was not a mistake to be willing to let CJ go.  After all, how is this turning out now?  Not what he had hoped for and Booker looks more than capable.

And the "huge" role in the Super Bowl run does not have a lot to do with it.  He was more than willing to let other guys go that played big roles.

Strictly from the gut but they just signed Juwan Thompson from their practice squad. I'd be more inclined to think he'll get the bulk if or at worst a 50/50 split were Booker to go down.  He looked really good in 2014 and didn't get much play last year.  Again- strictly IMO.

Booker to the locker room... opportunity abounds. 

This is is why Bibbs was worth adding...

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually thought that Bibbs would see a greater volume, well...more than two carries anyway.  But just as Booker was/is great insurance for an Anderson injury, so too is Bibbs (or Thompson) for an injury to Booker.  I think we will see more of Bibbs moving forward as the #2 RB in Denver.

I actually thought that Bibbs would see a greater volume, well...more than two carries anyway.  But just as Booker was/is great insurance for an Anderson injury, so too is Bibbs (or Thompson) for an injury to Booker.  I think we will see more of Bibbs moving forward as the #2 RB in Denver.
not much of a talent gap btwn CJ and Booker. huge gape to them and Bibbs. Denver probably has the worst OL in the league to boot.

I started Bibbs after the late breaking news taht Ty Montgomery was out...  good for 0 points!  Hopefully Booker remains the lead (sole) back for the rest of the season with Bibbs in a support role.

I actually expected Bibbs to have a bigger role. I thought Booker would take the CJA role and Bibbs would take on what Booker had before...

Yeah, it was only one play.....but that was a HECK of a run last night. One of the nicest plays I've seen all season.

No idea how this will turn out, just glad I was paranoid enough after losing CJA to handcuff Booker with Bibbs.

Could the anti-Cecil bet pay off?

NBC Denver believes Kapri Bibbs could supplant Devontae Booker as the Broncos' lead back in Week 10.

Speaking Monday, coach Gary Kubiak said Bibbs had earned more work. Booker played 46-of-56 snaps against the Raiders, compared to nine for Bibbs, but longtime beat writer Mike Klis believes "(that) ratio figures to change in Bibbs' favor vs. New Orleans." Booker out-touched Bibbs 11-3, but Bibbs out-gained him 80-30 thanks to a weaving 69-yard touchdown reception. Booker has been extremely ineffective through two starts in place of C.J. Anderson, gaining just 76 yards on 29 carries (2.62 YPC), but we'd still consider him the favorite to lead the Week 10 backfield. Bibbs will undoubtedly be more involved, however.

I'm trying to find this "NBC Denver" article stating that Booker could take a backseat to Bibbs in week 10.  Is NBC Denver a reliable source?  Are they like beat writers except they belong to NBC's structure?

I'm trying to find this "NBC Denver" article stating that Booker could take a backseat to Bibbs in week 10.  Is NBC Denver a reliable source?  Are they like beat writers except they belong to NBC's structure?
Its from Mike Klis on twitter.  Anytime Rotoworld has an update you can click on their source at the bottom of the blurb.  The Bibbs one links to Mike Klis twitter.

Obiously I didn't play him instead of Booker yesterday but I might the next time I have an opening - catch and run looked great and don't know if Cecil mentioned this  but the undrafted Bibbs said to some media before last night that he thinks he could be one of the best RB in the NFL if/when he gets to start -  :) have to love the attitude and performance

Last interview with Kubiak had a lot of the "between the lines" commentary that leads me to believe Bibbs will be taking the lion's share of carries in the near future.

kubiak spoke like a guy with a man crush  :wub:  and that, combined with the incumbent being totally ineffective (2.6 ypc the last two games?) and there seems to be both smoke & fire here.

Same article indicated that Denver wants to be close to 50/50 run/pass, and they've been 25/75 since CJA went down.

i claimed Bibbs in both leagues - I think even if he's just the receiving back he's going to have value. He runs angry, and certainly passed the eye test. The ReTd was nice but he looks capable of more. 

And that wasnt just good downfield blocking - I watched that run several times and Bibbs showed incredible vision and patience on that run - they blocked well downfield because Bibbs ran to places that his players could block for him. He deserves all the credit for that run, IMO. 

What a difference each and every week makes when it comes to the Denver backfield. It's like Groundhog Day.

Time to fire up the Juwan Thompson hype train (again)!
Lol - true, yes - but this is only true due to the struggles of Booker (2.6 ypc, denver'a begrudging shift to a 75-25 pass-heavy offense) 

if Booker were averaging even 3.5 ypc this would be a non-topic. 

But he is struggling, and of greater  significance, a shift back to 50-50 run/pass would open the door to heavier usage for Bibbs even if not at the expense of Booker.

and Kubiak is a feature back guy - so knowing his history and preferences, if Bibbs gets 10-12 carries and a couple of receptions and shows continued success, Booker could be marginalized in a hurry.

whatever the turnstile at RB in Denver we've seen, at some point they'll settle on a back, and right now the inside track appears to be paved for Bibbs.

i wouldn't bet the house on it, but I would definitely drop an end of bench player to take a shot. He certainly looks like an NFL RB out there. I'd like to see how he is in pass protection, but that 10 yard burst he showed on 3rd and 1 bodes well for GL chances. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't get too excited about Bibbs just yet. Not to say he won't have a role going forward, but I want to see it before I buy into it.

Yep......couldn't wait any longer. Dropped Washington from Detroit to pick up Bibbs today. Bibbs looks better on my bench then him. Oh, wait, I'm actually gonna start Bibbs this weekend along with Dixon who I just traded for.

I'm 1-7......I got nothing to lose except another game.

Lol - true, yes - but this is only true due to the struggles of Booker (2.6 ypc, denver'a begrudging shift to a 75-25 pass-heavy offense) 

if Booker were averaging even 3.5 ypc this would be a non-topic. 

But he is struggling, and if graat r significance, a shift back to 50-50 run/pass would open the door to heavier usage for Bibbs even if not at the expense of Booker.

and Kubiak is a feature back guy - so knowing his history and preferences, if Bibbs gets 10-12 carries and a couple of receptions and shows continued success, Booker could be marginalized in a hurry.

whatever the turnstile at RB in Denver we've seen, at some point they'll settle on a back, and right now the inside track appears to be paved for Bibbs.

i wouldn't bet the house on it, but I would definitely drop an end of bench player to take a shot. He certainly looks like an NFL RB out there. I'd like to see how he is in pass protection, but that 10 yard burst he showed on 3rd and 1 bodes well for GL chances. 
I own him everywhere and have since the day CJA went down... it takes some talent to be one of three guys in NCAA history to score more than 30 TDs in a season. 

I own him everywhere and have since the day CJA went down... it takes some talent to be one of three guys in NCAA history to score more than 30 TDs in a season. 
And reportedly it was his showing in preseason that made Ronnie Hillman expendable. 

Users who are viewing this thread