What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kapri Bibbs (1 Viewer)

I'll just wait and see what happens.   The split is going to tilt in bibbs favor could mean he gets 1% more of the carries than he gets now.  I think it will be more,  but I wouldnt start him until we see for ourselves. 

Last edited by a moderator:
here is an item from Alex Gelhar's "Deep Dive" waiver column at NFL.com

" Per Mike Klis (one of the best beat reporters in the game), Bibbs' role is expected to grow immensely moving forward. Booker owners should be in full panic mode, while Bibbs just rocketed up the waiver priority board as a potentially prominent member of Denver's run-first offense. "

I don't see anything in that tweet from Kils about an immense workload change.   It literally says "the ratio figures to change in Bibbs favor." That could mean a lot of things including a slight change to the current ratio but in Bibbs favor.  Alex Gelhar is reading wayyyyy to much into that tweet, iit even looks a bit like the XKDC citogenesis comic: https://xkcd.com/978/

I own Bibbs and not Booker in dynasty so I hope it happens,  but basing it off that tweet alone,  if that's what he did,  is a huge reach. 

I don't see anything in that tweet from Kils about an immense workload change.   It literally says "the ratio figures to change in Bibbs favor." That could mean a lot of things including a slight change to the current ratio but in Bibbs favor.  Alex Gelhar is reading wayyyyy to much into that tweet, iit even looks a bit like the XKDC citogenesis comic: https://xkcd.com/978/

I own Bibbs and not Booker in dynasty so I hope it happens,  but basing it off that tweet alone,  if that's what he did,  is a huge reach. 
He's basing it on a number of factors: 

1. Booker with a pathetic 2.6 YPC over the last 2 games without CJA, followed by his 10 carry/22 yard clunker while Bibbs was showing better vision, power and burst in the same game.

2. The fact that with Booker in the backfield the Broncos were passing ~70% of the plays and Kubiak stated he would like that to return to closer to 50-50 

3. Bibbs is clearly a favorite of the team after making Ronnie Hillman expendable in the preseason.

and most significantly: 

4. Kubiak speaking at length about Bibbs earning more work & a larger role. Kubiak doesn't mince words - he came out and said Bibbs would be getting more work.  Scroll up to the news link I posted with the Kubiak interview - some very juicy quotes. 

It might not be this week (though it's likely) but Bibbs will be out-snapping Booker very soon.

And even if Booker doesn't lose a single carry, Bibbs could get 15 touches just with the Broncos gettin back to the balance they've said they want. 

There's plenty of reason for Booker owners to panick, IMO - Bibbs looks like the real deal out there & Booker hasn't been doing anything with his opportunities. And since Semien isn't an awesome QB, the Broncos aren't comfortable featuring him as much as they'd need to with Booker'a woeful performance. 

As I understand it, if a RB cant run 3x and get you a 1st down with his average yardage, he's a liability. Puts a lot more pressure on the QB. 

1. Booker with a pathetic 2.6 YPC over the last 2 games without CJA, followed by his 10 carry/22 yard clunker while Bibbs was showing better vision, power and burst in the same game.

2. The fact that with Booker in the backfield the Broncos were passing ~70% of the plays and Kubiak stated he would like that to return to closer to 50-50 

3. Bibbs is clearly a favorite of the team after making Ronnie Hillman expendable in the preseason.

and most significantly: 

4. Kubiak speaking at length about Bibbs earning more work & a larger role. Kubiak doesn't mince words - he came out and said Bibbs would be getting more work.  Scroll up to the news link I posted with the Kubiak interview - some very juicy quotes. 

It might not be this week (though it's likely) but Bibbs will be out-snapping Booker very soon.

And even if Booker doesn't lose a single carry, Bibbs could get 15 touches just with the Broncos gettin back to the balance they've said they want. 

There's plenty of reason for Booker owners to panick, IMO - Bibbs looks like the real deal out there & Booker hasn't been doing anything with his opportunities. And since Semien isn't an awesome QB, the Broncos aren't comfortable featuring him as much as they'd need to with Booker'a woeful performance. 

As I understand it, if a RB cant run 3x and get you a 1st down with his average yardage, he's a liability. Puts a lot more pressure on the QB. 
This looks nearly identical to the rhetoric and hype surrounding the CJA/Booker transition, and while Booker did land the job (due to injury) it didn't amount to much for fantasy purposes. I expect something similar if Bibbs eventually overtakes Booker (which I don't expect), since getting limited touches in space late in a game against a gassed defense is a significant difference from toting the rock up the middle against a fresh defense keying on the run.

and most significantly: 

I'm just saying that this "role growing immensely" comment is being taken from "ratio figures to change in Bibbs favor" is maybe interpreting the tweet in an overly favorable way.  I like Bibbs a lot and think Booker has been overrated but it is still "wait and see" time in terms of starting him unless you are desperate.

It also might be a stretch to call Bibbs a "clear favorite" due to his ability to supplant Ronnie Hillman. :)

To your points about his low YPC and run 3x for a first down:  Judging RBs based on their YPC is not really good analysis in my opinion.  It's a team sport which to put it simply adds variance, and there isn't the same opportunity for yards on every play.  Measuring just by YPC, a third down back type will always look way better than a goal line bruiser simply due to down and distance when they carry the ball.  Using something like DVOA instead might make your statistical points stronger.

Otherwise I agree, good points.

Moonshine said:
This looks nearly identical to the rhetoric and hype surrounding the CJA/Booker transition, and while Booker did land the job (due to injury) it didn't amount to much for fantasy purposes. I expect something similar if Bibbs eventually overtakes Booker (which I don't expect), since getting limited touches in space late in a game against a gassed defense is a significant difference from toting the rock up the middle against a fresh defense keying on the run.
I think you're being woefully short sighted here.

you call it "hype". I call it paying attention.

you don't expect Bibbs to grow into a more significant role. 

The coach and beat writers say differently.

I will choose to listen to them. Sometimes there's information behind the hype. It might not be this week, but soon Bibbs will be a feature back in Denver. The writing is on the wall. Coach loves him, and the incumbent is not getting the job done.

if Booker we're averaging even 3 YPC, I could see reason for optimism. But he's not. Before this week against Oakland, he averaged 2.6 YPC, and the team was forced to pass more than they wanted to.

and yeah - against that same "gassed" oakland offense, Booker had a pathetic stat line.  

Sometimes where there's smoke there's fire. I think dismissing Bibbs at this point is a little silly. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow. ;)  

Fair enough. People seem to be reading those Kubiak quotes two entirely different ways. 

Tomorrow will hopefully clear it up, but I would have no interest in starting Bibbs this week unless I was in dire need at the RB position.

Fair enough. People seem to be reading those Kubiak quotes two entirely different ways. 

Tomorrow will hopefully clear it up, but I would have no interest in starting Bibbs this week unless I was in dire need at the RB position.
I'm starting him with confidence over Asiata and Rashad Jennings (i know, i know....they both suck).  But I really like Bibbs this with an amazing matchup with the Saints. 

Yep......couldn't wait any longer. Dropped Washington from Detroit to pick up Bibbs today. Bibbs looks better on my bench then him. Oh, wait, I'm actually gonna start Bibbs this weekend along with Dixon who I just traded for.

I'm 1-7......I got nothing to lose except another game.
Getting a better vibe from Prosise at this point so I pulled Bibbs for him. I know, nobody needs to know my woes....

Who else is on the fence with starting this guy today? I'm debating Bibbs or Inman in my flex slot (non-PPR). Bibbs has a great matchup and I believe Kubiak gets him more touches, but he's hard to count on with such limited career touches. 

I thought Kubiak was pretty clear. People seem to be reading his Friday quote as though it negates what he'd said earlier in the week.

Maybe as a flex in PPR, otherwise I agree. I don't know that it has to be "dire" - maybe to cover a BYE would work. 

Who else is on the fence with starting this guy today? I'm debating Bibbs or Inman in my flex slot (non-PPR). Bibbs has a great matchup and I believe Kubiak gets him more touches, but he's hard to count on with such limited career touches. 
Starting him is a crapshoot at best. 

Inman isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 

Tough call. 

Not that my opinion matters much, but I wouldn't play this guy unless I was desperate. I think he's more likey to have line that reads 4 carries for 20 yards and 3 receptions for 18 yards than he is a line that is going to have any significance.

Not to say that he an't have a breakout game, but the case just hasn't been made to me that he is going to get that opportunity today.

Not that my opinion matters much, but I wouldn't play this guy unless I was desperate. I think he's more likey to have line that reads 4 carries for 20 yards and 3 receptions for 18 yards than he is a line that is going to have any significance.

Not to say that he an't have a breakout game, but the case just hasn't been made to me that he is going to get that opportunity today.
well they ARE playing the Saints

For what it's worth the Denver Post is saying that both Bibbs and Booker are going to get touches this week. Sounds like a split in favor of Booker.

For what it's worth the Denver Post is saying that both Bibbs and Booker are going to get touches this week. Sounds like a split in favor of Booker.
Seems like it's worth a lot since Bibbs will likely get the receptions and the Saints D isn't awesome.

and if Booker stumbles out of the gate, Bibbs seems to have some upside.

If I were a Bibbs owner I would wait a week to see what kind of workload he really does get.  Too risky unless you don't have any other options, or you're choosing between him and Hightower or Starks.

I have Bibbs, but I wouldn't start him. The only way he has value going forward is if Booker puts up a dud against a soft D and Bibbs produces. If Booker does well, Bibbs isn't worth a roster spot.

Seems like it's worth a lot since Bibbs will likely get the receptions and the Saints D isn't awesome.

and if Booker stumbles out of the gate, Bibbs seems to have some upside.
This is the second time I've seen this... Bibbs will get the receptions?

Do you know that Booker was highly touted coming out of college for his receiving ability? It's actually a strong suit to his game, and he has pedigree there.

Do you know that Booker was highly touted coming out of college for his receiving ability? It's actually a strong suit to his game, and he has pedigree there.
....but don't lose sight of the fact that Booker has struggled and it wouldn't take much right now to put him on the bench.

Booker has been terrible. That's also not insignificant here. 

Bibbs - 7 carries for 22 yds and 1 target. 3.1 ypc

Booker - 24 carries for 76 yds and 2 catches for 12 yds on 2 targets. 3.2 ypc

Bibbs is the handcuff to own but it'll take an injury most likely to unseat Booker.

Besides this OL is not very good for either of them. Not the great running situation we all thought it could be. 

Yeah the DEN backfield hasn't looked good for weeks now. The oline is not playing well, and every time I watch them it seems they get penalized every 5 plays or so. Not to mention Siemian looks like garbage and isn't helping the skill guys out at all with his play.

Those matchups down the stretch don't look very appealing either anymore.I'm a Booker owner, but the way DEN looks on offense right now gives me no interest in starting the lead DEN RB regardless of who it is.

Better dynasty value for a crappy team backing up an injury-prone Hyde or for the Broncos backing up Anderson/Booker?

Minor-to-moderate improvement in value I'd say.
Bibbs never has and never will be fantasy relevant. 

Dynasty formats where every player that has a heartbeat or showed even the smallest of flashes is rostered.  Sorry for having an opinion.

Dynasty formats where every player that has a heartbeat or showed even the smallest of flashes is rostered.  Sorry for having an opinion.
No one is blasting you for your opinion or that you like Bibbs, we're just stating our opinion on a fantasy football forum about fantasy football.  Bibbs hasn't been fantasy relevant so far and that is a fact.

No one is blasting you for your opinion or that you like Bibbs, we're just stating our opinion on a fantasy football forum about fantasy football.
And it was my opinion that - in the leagues that I play in, and likely a good number of folks here play in - his value may or may not have improved based on this trade.  You said he has no fantasy value, nor has he ever... yet someone started a thread on him and it reached four pages long.

So, if you're talking to dynasty folks, your opinion rings hollow.  

And I'm not one for internet message board pissing matches.  So... that's all I got.

And it was my opinion that - in the leagues that I play in, and likely a good number of folks here play in - his value may or may not have improved based on this trade.  You said he has no fantasy value, nor has he ever... yet someone started a thread on him and it reached four pages long.

So, if you're talking to dynasty folks, your opinion rings hollow.  

And I'm not one for internet message board pissing matches.  So... that's all I got.
If your roster sizes are large enough then he fits at the end of the bench just as well as some I guess.  Knock yourself out and enjoy!!

Career #s - 129 rushing yds 0 tds, 75 rec yds 1 td.  94 return yds 0 tds.  How is that fantasy relevant?
Cmon you know better than this - fantasy relevant isn't what has been, it's what will be...

The 9ers backfield right now is:

• Hyde
  • Hightower
  • Joe Williams
  • Bibbs
  • DuJuan Harris
And Kyle Shanahan is calling the shots. You can assume Hyde stays totally healthy or you can start doing some math.

Cmon you know better than this - fantasy relevant isn't what has been, it's what will be...

The 9ers backfield right now is:

• Hyde
  • Hightower
  • Joe Williams
  • Bibbs
  • DuJuan Harris
And Kyle Shanahan is calling the shots. You can assume Hyde stays totally healthy or you can start doing some math.
Hightower sure has had a career resurgence the last 2 years. 

If anything, this is great news for Hyde. No early RB drafted - they just drafted Joe Williams in the 4th - and acquiring Bibbs probably means they won't draft another one.

Users who are viewing this thread