What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 FAN DUEL (1 Viewer)

Ridiculous Cards stack:

Palmer

Freeman, Gurley

Fitz, Brown, Floyd

Gates, Gost, Rams

Could actually swap from Gates to Graham for some diversity and exposure to TNF, as the LU has $900 left. The only exposure to TNF I want is maybe one Wilson LU. Had not really planned on Graham, as all 3 IVC projections have Gates higher.

Last week: Palmer 18.7, Fitz 13.3, Brown 22.6, Floyd 13.5. Total of 68 points, at this week's prices that's 2.5x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used FantasyPros lineup optimizer before? Just curious if it's decent or a total waste...

The Consensus Lineup according to that tool:

Palmer

Gurley

Freeman

Fitzgerald

Brown

Decker

Gates

Josh Brown

Rams

Its a good tool. Was using it exclusively before becoming a paid subscriber. I still use it. I am glad that consensus line up is just a kicker off what i was targeting.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable rostering both Brown and Fitz like I'm seeing everywhere (and what a lot of lineup generators are spitting out). Arizona at home against a terrible team, I could see them up big early and not needing to pass late in the game.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable rostering both Brown and Fitz like I'm seeing everywhere (and what a lot of lineup generators are spitting out). Arizona at home against a terrible team, I could see them up big early and not needing to pass late in the game.
That's exactly my concern, but more so when you stack Palmer on top of them. I think Rivers offers similar floor and upside, but in a situation where I feel he's more likely to be throwing late in the game than Palmer's situation.

The question would honestly be whether or not Baltimore could keep it close.

ETA - I personally feel like if you're playing one of Fitzgerald or Brown, you're better off (at the price point) playing both, given one of them is highly likely to eat, and I can't make a case with any certainty which one it would be. I played a Palmer/Fitz stack last week and squeaked by in a lot of 50/50s, barely over the money line, but with Brown would have easily been in the money.

That's exactly my concern, but more so when you stack Palmer on top of them. I think Rivers offers similar floor and upside, but in a situation where I feel he's more likely to be throwing late in the game than Palmer's situation.

The question would honestly be whether or not Baltimore could keep it close.

ETA - I personally feel like if you're playing one of Fitzgerald or Brown, you're better off (at the price point) playing both, given one of them is highly likely to eat, and I can't make a case with any certainty which one it would be. I played a Palmer/Fitz stack last week and squeaked by in a lot of 50/50s, barely over the money line, but with Brown would have easily been in the money.
You've articulated my thinking well in your 2 posts on this topic. At the outset I think Balt will keep it close. They've actually been really unlucky in most of their games this year. They "should" be a .500ish team this year. Their record is not indicative of their actual quality IMO.

My approach has been to have Brown in 1 lineup, Fitz in another, and both in a 3rd. I just struggle to envision a scenario in which there isn't 275 Arizona passing yards abs at least 1 TD.

So dirty. Dez Bryant is apparently already running and cutting at full speed in practice. His $8300 pricetag isnt exactly cheap and Matt Cassel is hot garbage, but so is the Giants secondary. Anyone going to hop on that train if hes cleared to play?

I also think that whomever ends up starting at QB for Buffalo offers really nice value. I may end up creating some Sunday daytime lineups to capture the value I think will exist in that game once the injury situation becomes clearer.
Sounds like EJ is starting.

So dirty. Dez Bryant is apparently already running and cutting at full speed in practice. His $8300 pricetag isnt exactly cheap and Matt Cassel is hot garbage, but so is the Giants secondary. Anyone going to hop on that train if hes cleared to play?
Not with Hopkins $200 more and Fitz $500 less. I'm thinking this is the lat week we see Fitz less than $8k.

Stevie Johnson is expected to play, and despite not practicing, Allen's injury is not expected to keep him out. Gates looking less and less attractive now.

Ive been going back and forth with a bunch of WRs for my 50/50s. I share a similar sentiment with most here on Palmer/Fitz/Brown, the matchup is great but for some reason I dont really want to stack them. As of now, I have:

Bortles

Freeman

Gurley

Hopkins

Cooper

Mike Floyd

Clay

Boswell

PIT D

Palmer

Freeman

Gurley

Marshall

Moncrief

Decker

Julius

Boswell

PIT D

Cant risk playing Gates with his injury concerns but I like Thomas and Clay at their prices. The other WRs I kept rotating in and out were: Fitz, Brown, Smitty, Martavis. I'll probably do a few more lineups for tonight and have combos of them as well as some of the WRs im using above.

I think the news on SD pass catchers may push me back to Palmer, but I'm really nervous about a 3-player stack from one passing offense. Too much can go wrong...

Thanks for the Gates info.

One Palmer LU I have $100, so I'm going to Barnidge.

One Palmer LU I'm going to Clay. This got me Gostkowski.

Now what to do with Rivers....

This a a weird week. Everywhere I look, people are consistently talking about including Freeman, Gurley, Gates & Fitzgerald with either Palmer & Newton in all or most of their lineups. If those guys all come through, there could be several identical winning lineups in some of the larger GPPs. I cant remember a week where so many players were THIS consensus.

If Gates is out, it might break that up a bit. Not to mention, Ladarius Green's value would go through the roof.

This a a weird week. Everywhere I look, people are consistently talking about including Freeman, Gurley, Gates & Fitzgerald with either Palmer & Newton in all or most of their lineups. If those guys all come through, there could be several identical winning lineups in some of the larger GPPs. I cant remember a week where so many players were THIS consensus.

If Gates is out, it might break that up a bit. Not to mention, Ladarius Green's value would go through the roof.
you will win the GPP by not playing those guys

Ive been going back and forth with a bunch of WRs for my 50/50s. I share a similar sentiment with most here on Palmer/Fitz/Brown, the matchup is great but for some reason I dont really want to stack them. As of now, I have:

Bortles

Freeman

Gurley

Hopkins

Cooper

Mike Floyd

Clay

Boswell

PIT D

Palmer

Freeman

Gurley

Marshall

Moncrief

Decker

Julius

Boswell

PIT D

Cant risk playing Gates with his injury concerns but I like Thomas and Clay at their prices. The other WRs I kept rotating in and out were: Fitz, Brown, Smitty, Martavis. I'll probably do a few more lineups for tonight and have combos of them as well as some of the WRs im using above.
Who has more upside between Clay and Julius?

I think for Thursdays I'm rolling with the following (subject to change in the next 3 hours):

Palmer

Freeman

Gurley

Fitzgerald

Brown

Moncrief

Julius Thomas

Boswell

Rams

I'm not thrilled about the Cardinals stack, but Palmer feels like such an obvious play. I feel Fitz and Brown are best played in tandem, and Brown was limited last Thursday and Friday after sitting out last Wednesday entirely. He's likely ahead of where he was last week, and that turned out just fine. One, if not both, are going off this week. Moncrief's matchup is beautiful against Brandon Browner, the worst corner in the league according to PFF. The RBs are obvious plays.

At QB, I don't love stacking Palmer with the two Cardinals WRs, but I'm not comfortable going with Rivers given Gates and Allen being highly questionable at this point - I still think Rivers has a strong game with how terrible the Raiders have been against the pass, but I don't feel great about it with limited weapons. Thomas is a pivot off of Gates, but last week got 13 targets and produced nicely. The Bills lost Aaron Williams to IR and were already susceptible to TEs. Their CBs have been very tough on WRs, however.

Rams - obvious.

Boswell fits in price wise, and Pittsburgh should dominate the Chiefs.

Moncrief's matchup is beautiful against Brandon Browner, the worst corner in the league according to PFF.
100% agree with this. I think Moncrief is one of the true "must plays" this week. In the 4 games that Luck has played this year, Moncrief has averaged 9 targets, 6 rec, 68 yds & 1 TD. That's with two of the 4 games being stinkers for Luck. If he hits his average, he's starting at nearly 2.5x value. I think he's a good bet to handily beat his reception & yardage average and find his way into the end zone again.

I'm also starting to warm up to Dorial Green-Beckham as a real upside punt WR. His snaps are increasing every week and Douglas might be out. He might be on the field a bunch this week.

Everybody said there was nothing to worry about with Marshawn Lynch back in Week 3, and that ended up boning a lot of Thursday lineups. I learned my lesson back then and am pivoting off Gates, but I'm also going with less Thursday LUs as a result.

I think for Thursdays I'm rolling with the following (subject to change in the next 3 hours):

Palmer

Freeman

Gurley

Fitzgerald

Brown

Moncrief

Julius Thomas

Boswell

Rams

I'm not thrilled about the Cardinals stack, but Palmer feels like such an obvious play. I feel Fitz and Brown are best played in tandem, and Brown was limited last Thursday and Friday after sitting out last Wednesday entirely. He's likely ahead of where he was last week, and that turned out just fine. One, if not both, are going off this week. Moncrief's matchup is beautiful against Brandon Browner, the worst corner in the league according to PFF. The RBs are obvious plays.

At QB, I don't love stacking Palmer with the two Cardinals WRs, but I'm not comfortable going with Rivers given Gates and Allen being highly questionable at this point - I still think Rivers has a strong game with how terrible the Raiders have been against the pass, but I don't feel great about it with limited weapons. Thomas is a pivot off of Gates, but last week got 13 targets and produced nicely. The Bills lost Aaron Williams to IR and were already susceptible to TEs. Their CBs have been very tough on WRs, however.

Rams - obvious.

If this is cash, consider Newton as another possible pivot. The Cardinals superstack seems way risky for cash.

Gonna be all kinds of slammed Thursday-Saturday, so I'm trying to get my ducks in a reasonable row now.

I'm settled on my Thursday cash lineups.

My Sunday lineups are built around Palmer, Cam, and (possibly) Hoyer. Hoyer could become Carr, depending on how afraid of Hoyer's Hoyerness I become. I'm heavy into Freeman and Gurley @ RB (obviously) (but I only have both of them in 2 lineups); Hopkins, SSSr, Fitz, and Brown at WR; Gates and Olsen at TE; Atlanta and STL on Defense. Basically straight chalk. I hate that, but the only reason to pivot away from those plays is to be contrarian. I only have 1 cash lineup that is devoid of any part of the Arizona passing attack. Seems like a lot of eggs to put in that basket, but I can literally find no objective reason to not grab a part of that passing attack in cash lineups.

I like Theo Riddick depending on the type of workload he will see. He gives great salary relief. He's obviously the pass-catcher out of the backfield on that team, but with Abdul and Bell apparently ready to go this week I'm not sure if I'm confident enough in him getting those 6 or so receptions he will need to be a reasonable value even at $5200. If I don't feel good about him Sunday morning, I can pivot to Woodhead and downgrade appropriately at WR.

I'll probably have about equal parts of Hogan and Woods in my Thursday lineups to give some salary relief to be able to afford the guys I want at other positions. I would like to have some Robinson, but his injury situation makes him tenuous at best. Hurns is probably decent value no matter what, but he's great value if Thomas and/or Robinson don't go. I also think that whomever ends up starting at QB for Buffalo offers really nice value. I may end up creating some Sunday daytime lineups to capture the value I think will exist in that game once the injury situation becomes clearer.
I'm reconsidering my Hopkins exposure. Something doesn't quite feel right about him for some reason. I may have to keep my Thursday exposure to him, but I will probably walk back my Sunday exposure a bit. His QB just isn't very good and at his salary point, a "good" game (5 catches for 80 yards and a TD) isn't good enough.

Gates not practicing today is nothing ng to worry about to me.
Well he was injured on the last drive last week so difficult to say how "injured" he is right now. Im pretty confident he will play this week, but its anybody's guess how limited he will be at this point. Im hoping a lot of people playing thursday night leagues will ignore the fact he hasnt been practicing and still play him. Personally, I feel much more comfortable playing Julius or Clay right now, and even if Gates has a good game Im guessing its only 5-10 points better than those two, and there's a realistic chance either/both of them outscore Gates anyway.

If Gates has a full practice tomorrow I'll throw him in for the sunday leagues.

Well he was injured on the last drive last week so difficult to say how "injured" he is right now. Im pretty confident he will play this week, but its anybody's guess how limited he will be at this point. Im hoping a lot of people playing thursday night leagues will ignore the fact he hasnt been practicing and still play him. Personally, I feel much more comfortable playing Julius or Clay right now, and even if Gates has a good game Im guessing its only 5-10 points better than those two, and there's a realistic chance either/both of them outscore Gates anyway.

Any word on Robinson's status? Hurns is gimpy too, but I understand the feeling is that he's going to play. If Robinson is out, I think Julius becomes a really nice play in particular. He's probably a solid play anyway.

Any word on Robinson's status? Hurns is gimpy too, but I understand the feeling is that he's going to play. If Robinson is out, I think Julius becomes a really nice play in particular. He's probably a solid play anyway.
Seems like Robinson is going to play but he's another guy who it's hard to know about for thursday leagues. I seem to be leaning Bortles still with my LUs tonight.

Even if Robinson and Hurns both play, Gilmore and Darby have done a great job against opposing WRs. Feels a lot like a Thomas game.

Palmer

Freeman

Gurley

Fitzgerald

Brown

Moncrief

Julius Thomas

Boswell

Rams

Rams - obvious.

If this is cash, consider Newton as another possible pivot. The Cardinals superstack seems way risky for cash.
I only play cash games, personally. I agree the Cardinals stack feels risky but it's also a chalky play. A ton of lineups are going to have Palmer, Fitz, Brown -- maybe close to 50% for each.

Not sure how I feel about Newton vs. Philly. I've considered pivoting the WRs to Marshall and Decker against NE and sticking with Palmer.

I also don't want to use Gates with such little info, I am going to pivot up to Kelce and either move down at kicker (constanzaro to lambo or at wr, brown to moncrief).

I just noticed the big FD tourney dropped to 500k to first and with less max entrants.

I guess FD is indeed getting less traffic.

I really wish FD had a game type with a lower return than the 50/50. I'm talking about a 100 person game where the top 60% win, but only win 1.5x rather than 1.8x. Would be even easier to cash than the 50/50 and I'd be all over it. Same rake for them.

I don't like the Cardinals stack... Too much exposure, but still love Palmer this week. Switching to Jets WRs...

Palmer

Freeman

Gurley

Marshall

Moncrief

Decker

Julius Thomas

Josh Brown

Rams

I'm just rolling with Brown fow my GPPs. The injury should drive his ownership down, he's had the injury for a few weeks already anyway, and has an extra day to rest since they're on MNF. Definitely a gamble though

Thursday-Sunday AM 2 game slate is a joke. This is the best I could come up with but it's still $2k under budget:

Wilson

Lynch, McCoy -- only other option here is Hyde.

Robinson, Boldin, Woods -- Robinson (and Hurns) are questionable and have tough matchups. So does Boldin. There's not much else (TSmith, Baldwin, Hogan).

JT -- other options are Clay and Graham, but if rolling with Jimmy, would have to swap out at Kicker and no options look good. Wish I could start a TE at WR.

Haush, Seahawks -- could go to another K to make room for Graham, but Haush seems the safest.

Thursday-Sunday AM 2 game slate is a joke. This is the best I could come up with but it's still $2k under budget:

Wilson

Lynch, McCoy -- only other option here is Hyde.

Robinson, Boldin, Woods -- Robinson (and Hurns) are questionable and have tough matchups. So does Boldin. There's not much else (TSmith, Baldwin, Hogan).

JT -- other options are Clay and Graham, but if rolling with Jimmy, would have to swap out at Kicker and no options look good. Wish I could start a TE at WR.

Haush, Seahawks -- could go to another K to make room for Graham, but Haush seems the safest.
Buffalo gives up the 10th most points to WRs in the league, right?

Users who are viewing this thread