What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 FAN DUEL (1 Viewer)

This will be 2 weeks in a row where the primetime slate is a bust for me. I just do not do good with these games.

Robert

I'm thinking Atlanta @ the atrocious Titans.
AgreeHawks Thursday

Surprise matchups- Jags if Tyrod and Sammy are out, in London. Titans played terrible in week 6, but I still think enough sacks and Tannehill loses composure badly so Texans could surprise here.
Duke Broadway- I was wrong on these early week calls. Liking the post is rude
I honestly dont remember liking that. I may have meant to like the atl vs tenn comment. I use my phone a ton so fat thumbs attack. I wouldnt have liked the texan d vs the phins, if i did that intentionally I was beibg rude.... Lol.

Game flow just never goes like you think it should. Whats with all this running the ball.
Yep. And then Arizona didn't run it when they needed to run it. Baltimore will get the ball with about 1:55 left. Inexcusably bad clock management. Some NFL teams need a full-time clock manager who has uber-veto authority over everyone inside of about 3:00 in a 1-possession game.

I am just no good at DFS. I just need to apparently play the 1pm only time. I kill that one. Every other time I am apparently their B*tch. At this point, I am not sure what I need to fix. Felt great about this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play much NFL FD. 8 50/50s, finished 6th or higher in all of them this week. All Thurs-Mon slates. Pretty much played the guys everyone here liked…Gurley, Freeman, Rams and rolled in Luck with Woods and Diggs as the cheapie WR.

I am just no good at DFS. I just need to apparently play the 1pm only time. I kill that one. Every other time I am apparently their B*tch.
Me too. For 3 weeks I only played that and won $900. Last two weeks I've incorporated Thursday games and given it all back, plus a little more.

I am done with the Thursday slate and Prime time slates. I do alright on the sunday games and if I fade the games on thursday night on DK where I can still change it up Sunday morning.

I am done with the Thursday slate and Prime time slates. I do alright on the sunday games and if I fade the games on thursday night on DK where I can still change it up Sunday morning.
Yeah, this is a huge knock for FD. Just silly that you can't change your lineup for games that haven't kicked off yet.

Yeah, this is a huge knock for FD. Just silly that you can't change your lineup for games that haven't kicked off yet.
I actually like it, one the reasons I play more FD than DK.
Different strokes and all. That combined with having to start a K, not full ppr, and less options for cheap games had me going to DK more from the start.

Another decent week.. Bet $19 won $33.. If Fitzgerald or Palmer had a few more yards I'd have won a Triple up to win over $40..

Not a bad season so far.. Started the year with $38 from last year, currently up to $102. :thumbup:

Most of the cut lines for the cash games I was in was about 140 on FD and I missed the cut lines in some of the games on DK with 170 points. Crazy a cash line above 170.

The primetime slate isn't a good one to play. Every time you eliminate a solid play (such as Gurley last week) for the mix, it becomes more about luck. The winners this week will have guessed right on Chris Johnson, Ellington, Lewis, Blount. I'd rather play someone like Diggs or Green where I have solid information for a leg up.

22% profit on my entry fees and could of been much more if Fitzgerald showed up a bit more. The lineup that torpedoed me was my Mettenburger (with Hopkins/Freeman) lineup. The ATL/TEN game was the lowest scoring game in the NFL since 2012... how do they not give Julio that TD?

Pretty lame week for me. Down 19.8%. Lots of lineups in the low 130's, which was generally a useless place to be. Game scripts didn't go according to my plan -- how does a healthy Julio struggle against a team who was down 2 starting DBs? How does Freeman not run wild against one of the worst rush defenses in the league? How does Fitz not have a good game against one of the worst pass defenses in the league? How can the Jags score 2 defensive TDs in the 2nd quarter to essentially render their passing attack irrelevant until late in the 4th quarter? And how does the 1 position that Buffalo can defend in the passing attack -- #1 WRs -- be the position that does most of the damage in that limited Jags passing attack? How does an NFL football team fall behind 41-0 at the half?

Won a grand total of $7 on about $500 in total entries. Modest loss on the main slate and a pretty solid profit in terms of ROI on the 1pm/Sunday only slate.

I hurt my chances pretty badly by "diversifying" my main Palmer, Freeman/Gurley, Fitz/Monc/Decker, Witten/Gostkowski/Rams LU due to the Dodds value chart being all over snead. The move to snead, off of Decker, and resulting change in Kicker cost me 10 survivors and at least $100 in return, as the main LU cashed comfortably at 141 and the ALT with Snead missed every line at 126. Two weeks in a row that's happened to me, as week 6 the value chart was super high on Wallace.

For the season I'm pretty much treading water.... "down" $50 as the Survivors were a $250 outlay but have only "equity" right now.... which by the way is at (35/12,000) x $250k = $729. If you were able to keep all 50 survivors alive, they're worth just over $1,040 right now. One more week to get to 7.5k and into the cash, then another cut down to 4k and another to 2k before a chance for the finals.

I hurt my chances pretty badly by "diversifying" my main Palmer, Freeman/Gurley, Fitz/Monc/Decker, Witten/Gostkowski/Rams LU due to the Dodds value chart being all over snead. The move to snead, off of Decker, and resulting change in Kicker cost me 10 survivors and at least $100 in return, as the main LU cashed comfortably at 141 and the ALT with Snead missed every line at 126. Two weeks in a row that's happened to me, as week 6 the value chart was super high on Wallace.
I was off snead on FD because I figured he was a better PPR play so had him in my DK lineups.

One interesting thing is that one of my main lineups I had in both thurs-sun and sun-mon contests. 75% profit in thur-sun, about even in sun-mon (palmer/fitz stack)

I wish I knew more about the survivor league... I only have one entry

Pretty new at this as this is my third week. This was by far my best week. Last week I was up 14%. I'm currently up 54% this week with some volatility both ways tonight.

I entered 7 different lineups across 20 slates. Six of those lineups look like they'll cash. I usually like to enter each lineup into a cash (prefer triple ups and I can still enter rookie games) as well as a gpp. I just don't like the idea that I could create the 200+ point lineup, and only have it entered into a cash game. Anyway, I've got a couple interesting ones going tonight.

I've got 149.52 plus Fitzgerald and Brown tonight in a large GPP. Right now that's cashing $4 on a $2 bet. Cut off for cashing $100 is 198 points at the moment. 180 points is cashing $20. High score is 218 for $25,000.

Got another one with upside as well. Sitting on 132 points with Steve Smith and Catanzaro going tonight. That one is currently cashing $12.50 on a $5 bet. Its a Thursday-Sun game. 180 points is the cut off for $100 there.

I think its realistic that all 7 of my lineups will be 130+ this week (five of them are already there). Went heavy on the Rams, Foster, Diggs, Nate Washington, Palmer, Fitzgerald, Gurley and Gostkowski. Also used Lamar Miller, Jordan Reed, Robert Woods one time each. Got burned by Gates on one of my Thursday lineups, and Julius Thomas on a Sunday only.
:shock:
Thursdays:

Hoyer, Freeman, Gurley, Hopkins, Woods, Decker, Gates, Goskowski, Seattle 131.52.

Newton, Freeman, Gurley, Marshall, S. Smith, N. Washington, Olsen, Catanzaro, Rams 132.08++Finished 150.38

Sunday-Mon:

Luck, Foster, Miller, Fitzgerald, J. Brown, Decker, Walker, Gostkowski, Rams. 149.52++ Finished 169.42

Rivers, Gurley, Peterson, Allen, Moncrief, Decker, Reed, Bryant, Vikings 144.14

Palmer, Freeman, Foster, Hopkins, Diggs, Floyd, Ertz, Gostkowski, Rams 116.5++ Finished 149.1

Palmer, Freeman, Gurley, Fitzgerald, Diggs, Moncrief, Barnidge, Catanzaro, Panthers 97.5+++ Finished 130.1

Sunday only:

Bortles, McCoy, Gurley, Hopkins, Marshall, N. Washington, J. Thomas, Vinatieri, Rams 130.48
IMO this week hinged a lot on Gurley and the Rams D. Gurley's ownership was near 50%, and the Rams were between 20-25%. Lots of lineups combining the two. Thats 55.3 points for $11,900. It takes an awful lot of being right elsewhere to make up for that.

I had an up and down night. Early in the 4th, I was up 85%. Then one by one, my lineups that were done on Sunday got passed up. Still ended up 63%. The 144.14 lineup was in a triple up. Held on for a 2 way split for last place in the cash.

Every LU I had on fanduel scored above 140 except for 1. The 1 is where my lineup change of gates to Green didnt go through and I scored 129.5 in that one and didnt cash in s single entry at 129. All other ones cashed.

I then got too fancy and thought I could make it back and did a $50 50/50 and a $25 50/50. Crashed and burned in both which wiped out my gain for the week.

I am going to stick to my $1-5 cash double and 50/50 games this week. I had 5 solid LU last week.

Same thing on DK where I LU that scored 170.5 points. It cashed the majority of its entries, but there were a quarter of them where that 170.5 score was enough to cash in double ups and 50/50's.. crazy. I feel I always do better on cash games on FD.

Last week I just made a place holder LU and would buy into games during the week as I went along each day, then on Saturday I made a solid core of LU's and sunday morning made the appropriate changes, or I thought I did at least.

Robert

I know this probably has no business here, but did anyone else get Catanzaroed this week? That missed XP cost me in 4 50-50s (missed the cut by less than a point). Kickers :X

Damn, Kirk Cousins won me some money. $750 profit this week. Highest scoring for me was 194 in the Sunday GPP. Imagine if Evans & Julio Jones got those TD's... :wall: . Foster also had another RD opportunity when he got injured.

I split 40 entries into $1 $2 $5 $10 50/50's

I have noticed after a few weeks the cutoff is higher in the $1 - $5 leagues

$10 seems to be softer

$10 seems to be softer
I have actually noticed this too. I am wondering if more new people come in and play the 10-$25 games and think this is easy Ill make more money.

If I had done nothing each week but toss my main cash lineup into double ups with all the money I won the previous week I would have 20 grand. I really can't complain, but this whole conservative strategy thing is burning me up.

wyattroa said:
VA703 said:

$10 seems to be softer
I have actually noticed this too. I am wondering if more new people come in and play the 10-$25 games and think this is easy Ill make more money.
This is really interesting to me... I generally only play the cash games and usually hovered between $5 and $10 games... then thought I'd drop down to the $1 and $2 games as there were probably more noobs and less difficulty. Apparently a lot of people are doing just that.

Have you guys observed this as a trend on the season, or could last week have been an anomaly?

The general trend is that lower entries have lower scores required to cash. If you enter a number of e.g. Double Ups at $2, $5, $10, $25, $50 ... the scores to cash will get more difficult going up.

However, it sounds like you are reporting the opposite. The "Condia Rule" which limits the number of games you can play on a weekend used to be 1,000, meaning for anyone other than those playing approx. $1500 per weekend (half at $1, half at $2), you should stay at the very bottom.

The new Condia Rule is 5,000 entries per weekend (another example of FD catering to their whales who will happily pay them $1000+ per weekend (the rake on 5k entries at $2 each). Therefore, more and more "pros" may be flooding the lowest dollar limits to get the easiest action, in turn driving up the scores required to cash and potentially making the $2, $5 and $10 games slightly easier.

Or, it could be an anomaly based on just a few data points.

wyattroa said:
VA703 said:

$10 seems to be softer
This is really interesting to me... I generally only play the cash games and usually hovered between $5 and $10 games... then thought I'd drop down to the $1 and $2 games as there were probably more noobs and less difficulty. Apparently a lot of people are doing just that.

Have you guys observed this as a trend on the season, or could last week have been an anomaly?
The general trend is that lower entries have lower scores required to cash. If you enter a number of e.g. Double Ups at $2, $5, $10, $25, $50 ... the scores to cash will get more difficult going up.

However, it sounds like you are reporting the opposite. The "Condia Rule" which limits the number of games you can play on a weekend used to be 1,000, meaning for anyone other than those playing approx. $1500 per weekend (half at $1, half at $2), you should stay at the very bottom.

The new Condia Rule is 5,000 entries per weekend (another example of FD catering to their whales who will happily pay them $1000+ per weekend (the rake on 5k entries at $2 each). Therefore, more and more "pros" may be flooding the lowest dollar limits to get the easiest action, in turn driving up the scores required to cash and potentially making the $2, $5 and $10 games slightly easier.

I tried to groupsource this data at the start of the year to see if we could verify the "sweet spot" to play. Everyone was pretty dismissive of my effort as a waste of time because "the lower the entry level, the lower the score needed to win". I've never believed that to necessarily be true, although I've never necessarily believed it to be false either. I just don't think I've seen enough data to say one way or the other. Like I said then -- that's a question that has an answer that we ought to be able to provide easily enough.

wyattroa said:
VA703 said:

$10 seems to be softer

I tried to groupsource this data at the start of the year to see if we could verify the "sweet spot" to play. Everyone was pretty dismissive of my effort as a waste of time because "the lower the entry level, the lower the score needed to win". I've never believed that to necessarily be true, although I've never necessarily believed it to be false either. I just don't think I've seen enough data to say one way or the other. Like I said then -- that's a question that has an answer that we ought to be able to provide easily enough.
Agreed - should we start a Money Line thread? Probably the best way to get this moving forward...

wyattroa said:
VA703 said:

$10 seems to be softer

Agreed - should we start a Money Line thread? Probably the best way to get this moving forward...
I will gladly add my data. Might be the w/e before I can do it. It's all at the $2 level I think.

Good week for me. Won my 50/50 on FD and both my games on DK. 5 of 6 weeks in the black.

Not sure if I'm getting lucky or if I just have an edge in these low stakes games. Seems every week there are some good value plays to be had.

Users who are viewing this thread