What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Landry Jones - Dallas Renegades (1 Viewer)

There's some talk in the antonio brown thread.

He's stunk as a pro until sometime this offseason the light seemed to go on. Looked good in preseason and last week late. Bryant had a short pass, long run to help his stats.

He was a very good college QB(not great) and can sling it. Vick couldn't this year, old age and his arm or somesuch.

This will open up the offense considerably and they have an outstanding group of WRs, but we're still looking at basically a rookie throwing the rock. He didn't get much experience his first two years.

Good find.

What he did was pretty impressive for a first game. You figure the guys been around a few years and they thought so little of him they went out & got bulkier version of Charlue Batch to be their QB. Vick has been woefully inaccurate. Jones came in and had command of the game. Took shots and made plays.

Absolutely hope he is named the starter this weekend if Ben can't go. We should know 24 hours from now.

He's stunk as a pro until sometime this offseason the light seemed to go on. Looked good in preseason and last week late. Bryant had a short pass, long run to help his stats.

He was a very good college QB(not great) and can sling it. Vick couldn't this year, old age and his arm or somesuch.

This will open up the offense considerably and they have an outstanding group of WRs, but we're still looking at basically a rookie throwing the rock. He didn't get much experience his first two years.
No it didnt. They were scrambling to make a decision if he was even worth a roster spot.

They signed Vick and were willing to immediately hand him the keys with zero practice and unemployed a week before the season began, instead of handing it to LJ in his 3rd season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find.

What he did was pretty impressive for a first game. You figure the guys been around a few years and they thought so little of him they went out & got bulkier version of Charlue Batch to be their QB. Vick has been woefully inaccurate. Jones came in and had command of the game. Took shots and made plays.

Absolutely hope he is named the starter this weekend if Ben can't go. We should know 24 hours from now.
Tomlin already stated they are planning to use LJ as the QB. So unless Big Ben can play, he will be the starter. Even more-so because he has the players support behind him.

No it didnt. They were scrambling to make a decision if he was even worth a roster spot.

They signed Vick and were willing to immediately hand him the keys with zero practice and unemployed a week before the season began, instead of handing it to LJ in his 3rd season.
August 11th

Landry Jones just had his best game as a professional quarterback. Of course, when you spent two years setting the bar somewhere between sea level and the Dead Sea, it's not exactly Earth-shattering if you finally manage to clear the bar.

As a rookie, his mechanics needed work. He couldn't read a defense, was slow to get through his progressions and, even when he identified an open receiver, he more often than not over, or under-threw, his target.

Fast-forward from 2013 to 2015, and there is definitely progress being made. He's learning to identify things pre-snap, and he seems to check through his receivers well enough. Several times in Sunday night's loss to the Minnesota Vikings, he scanned the field and, finally, checked down to a running back or a tight end on a shallow route. At the very least, with two seasons under his belt, he has finally figured out the most fundamental aspects of the pro game.

In his defense, he played in a spread, timing-based offense in college. He threw the ball where a receiver was supposed to be, and he hoped like heck that his own guy was the first to the ball. And it worked for him, particularly when he first took over the starting job from Sam Bradford, now the quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles, after Bradford twice injured the same shoulder in 2009.

It hasn't translated to the pro game, though. He seems to finally be getting it, but there's still something...off.

He looks good on some plays. Quite good, in fact. Other plays, he might make the right decision, but it's a bad throw. His long completion to Shakim Phillips was just such a throw, that was almost too high for Phillips to catch. If not for a spectacular effort by the receiver, that's precisely how it would have gone down.

But it's those other plays, that third category, that still happen far too often. Numerous times last night, his throws weren't just errant; they were barely on the same continentwith his receivers. On one series, he threw one at the receiver's feet, then threw another at least six feet over his head. Both plays were intended to go about 15 yards downfield.

But there were those moments when you just knew the lightbulb was finally beginning to come on. The pass, in heavy traffic, that so perfectly threaded the needle and hit tight endJesse James in the chest -- which James dropped. The perfect strike to James that should have been a leisurely walk-in of a touchdown -- which James dropped. (James dropping passes kind of became one of the themes of the night; can't pin that one Jones, though.)

He read coverages well, too. His throw to Phillips, while just a bit high, was the exact throw he needed to make in that situation. He found cushions, and he took advantage of rookie cornerback Trae Waynes' overly aggressive play to either complete several passes or draw crucial penalties. Jones seemed to be in Waynes' head all night long.

Yes, you read that right. Read it again, it will say the same thing. I promise.

But, it doesn't matter if a quarterback can read every defense perfectly, deftly escape all pressure, or move through his progressions with ease. If he can't deliver the ball on-target with any kind of consistency, he simply cannot be counted on to win. And the bottom line in the NFL, and certainly in a title-rich city like Pittsburgh, is simply to win.

The plan from the start was to get a good, long look at Jones. I wouldn't be surprised ifTajh Boyd takes the vast majority of the snaps next week. He is, after all, the guy who was brought in to put pressure on Jones. Maybe he will outdo Jones, and maybe not. The bar may have been raised a bit, but it's still not very high. Jones will have to keep raising it if he wants to remain a Steeler. The potential is still there, but potential doesn't win games. Performance does.

Here's hoping Jones can finally bring down the house. But I'm not counting on it yet.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2015-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-news-times-schedule-tickets-updates/2015/8/11/9128887/is-steelers-backup-qb-landry-jones-doing-enough-to-stay-in-pittsburgh

Yeah.... from the article...

Is Steelers backup QB Landry Jones doing enough to stay in Pittsburgh?

He was in serious doubt.

He was in serious doubt.
Oh so you didn't say "no it didn't" when I said the light turned on for him?

I guess he didn't have the most passing yards in the NFL this summer either

He was in serious doubt.

He was lucky Gradkowski was injured. They may not have kept a roster spot for him... and that was up until the final cuts.

He was in serious doubt.

He was lucky Gradkowski was injured. They may not have kept a roster spot for him... and that was up until the final cuts.
Yeah Gradkowski injury sure helped.

His roster spot wasn't in jeopardy late this summer. They were discussing keeping Murphy who was QB/WR and had switched to primarily WR...having him back at QB if they needed a 3rd. They had no plans to enter the season with just Ben

As a Sooners homer I am staying far away from Landry Jones.

His college stats are deceiving and were inflated thanks to the purposeful dink and dunk scheming by the coaching staff at the time and the YAC generated by the WRs from said scheme. The difference between him and Bradford in college was night and day. Bradford's first read was to push the ball downfield with an intermediate or deep route with bubble screens and other short routes mixed in occasionally. With Landry it was like the bubble screens and short passes were the base offense with the occasional deep ball when the DBs and Safeties cheated up too much to stop the short stuff. Also, similar to how Winston is doing now, Landry panics badly under pressure and has fumble-sixes/pick-sixes/intentional groundings at a much higher rate than his peers.

Imo he would've had to have made huge strides from college to the NFL to be a capable starting QB.

Well we're most likely looking at 1 week that he will have to fill in for Ben. Even if he ####s the bed, the Steelers are in a better position than I thought they would be after Ben's injury. Like Vick, I don't think he'll be asked to do much. You'd have to be pretty desperate to start him this week.

Landry Jones Is (and Has Been) Pittsburgh’s Best Option:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/22/landry-jones-michael-vick-steelers-nfl

Excerpt:

1. I think it’s bizarre that Michael Vick ever got ahead of Landry Jones on the depth chart. I know, I know: Jones did not play well in the preseason. Whatever. Watching every Steelers snap on film since Ben Roethlisberger went down, two things have stood out very clearly: (1) Vick does not operate Todd Haley’s offense well and has little feel for quarterbacking aspects such as throwing with anticipation into predictable zone voids. Vick is a see-it QB—he has to see a receiver get open before he’ll pull the trigger. Often in the NFL, that’s too late. And (2) Jones understands the offense and has a good grasp of quarterbacking basics. The Steelers had to alter their system to accommodate Vick. They did not have to adjust to the same extent when Jones played in the second half against Arizona. Jones has been with the team for three years now. How in the world did Vick, who was signed in late summer, ever get ahead of him on the depth chart?

His college stats are deceiving and were inflated thanks to the purposeful dink and dunk scheming by the coaching staff at the time and the YAC generated by the WRs from said scheme. The difference between him and Bradford in college was night and day. Bradford's first read was to push the ball downfield with an intermediate or deep route with bubble screens and other short routes mixed in occasionally. With Landry it was like the bubble screens and short passes were the base offense with the occasional deep ball when the DBs and Safeties cheated up too much to stop the short stuff. Also, similar to how Winston is doing now, Landry panics badly under pressure and has fumble-sixes/pick-sixes/intentional groundings at a much higher rate than his peers.

Imo he would've had to have made huge strides from college to the NFL to be a capable starting QB.
He threw tons of short passes like every spread QB.

He can throw and he did at OU. I think this critique of his arm is a bit too negative. Even look at the draft stuff or comments on last game how once he entered they could open up the O due to his arm and experience in system.

He wasn't Bradford and the step down from top level to "solid" was noticeable. His mistakes were tragic like Bledsoe or Mirer in NFL.

4 year starter(or 3.5) in the Big 12 is outstanding experience for the NFL and somewhat rare.

There's a love hate thing with Sooners fans and him. Many couldn't accept a step down in talent. Some coaches praise him not Bradford.

Stoops taught him well. You can see some of the predraft stuff on youtube, he reads a D well for a young guy then. Some of these videos (one I think was the Redskins D versus Giants so a team he never saw, of course) and the video was up for like 2-3 seconds and he pointed out a dozen things he saw.

Sit for 2 years and learn is pretty ideal for a young guy and often not possible.

His situation could be more tenuous. If he plays great, maybe they rest Ben one more week. At most he gets two starts and then what? He will never beat out Ben.

Every first time starter seems to stink and make dopey mistakes so critics like you are going to jump on his college game and how he didn't improve but others will just say first time starter. Others will probably bring up how he's shown so little at Pitt in two years previous.

All the Sooners that go back to OU and mess around and workout is different than most schools. He's also had 2 years to learn from some excellent NFL players past and present.

I think he's been an ideal project QB. The NFL needs Mike Cherry's and Jason Garrett's too. If he can show up well enough and lose any "big time ambition" he could have a nice long career as a backup. If he does well and then becomes a free agent looking to start...ohhh I'm gonna need lots more NFL "tape" to offer an opinion there. Today I'm just thinking he can hopefully secure a job as a backup and not be so close to getting cut all the time.

People were overly harsh to Jones this preseason. He showed a lot of growth. He hit a lot of WR's and RB's with great anticipation and due to their lack of understanding, talent and, in general, lapse of concentration he looked worse than he was. Unfortunately that happens in preseason but I blame the coaching staff, primarily Tomlin, for forcing a square block into a round hole in Vick and not trusting a guy who has been in the system for an eternity, for a NFL player. I disagreed with some that said QB's such as Jimmy Clausen would be a better fit then Vick. As soon as Vick finished his first drive it was apparent that I was the one who was incorrect. I am very impressed with Haley's system BUT it has drawback in the sense that it takes guys a lot of time to learn the ins and outs as it is predicated on timing and ball control. Two things that Vick is the absolute worst at in the entire league. Jones has the capability to be one of the higher quality backups in the league, especially with the weapons around him and a number of veterans who know all the ins and outs of this offense.

He threw tons of short passes like every spread QB.

He can throw and he did at OU. I think this critique of his arm is a bit too negative. Even look at the draft stuff or comments on last game how once he entered they could open up the O due to his arm and experience in system.

He wasn't Bradford and the step down from top level to "solid" was noticeable. His mistakes were tragic like Bledsoe or Mirer in NFL.

4 year starter(or 3.5) in the Big 12 is outstanding experience for the NFL and somewhat rare.

There's a love hate thing with Sooners fans and him. Many couldn't accept a step down in talent. Some coaches praise him not Bradford.

Stoops taught him well. You can see some of the predraft stuff on youtube, he reads a D well for a young guy then. Some of these videos (one I think was the Redskins D versus Giants so a team he never saw, of course) and the video was up for like 2-3 seconds and he pointed out a dozen things he saw.

Sit for 2 years and learn is pretty ideal for a young guy and often not possible.

His situation could be more tenuous. If he plays great, maybe they rest Ben one more week. At most he gets two starts and then what? He will never beat out Ben.

Every first time starter seems to stink and make dopey mistakes so critics like you are going to jump on his college game and how he didn't improve but others will just say first time starter. Others will probably bring up how he's shown so little at Pitt in two years previous.

All the Sooners that go back to OU and mess around and workout is different than most schools. He's also had 2 years to learn from some excellent NFL players past and present.

I think he's been an ideal project QB. The NFL needs Mike Cherry's and Jason Garrett's too. If he can show up well enough and lose any "big time ambition" he could have a nice long career as a backup. If he does well and then becomes a free agent looking to start...ohhh I'm gonna need lots more NFL "tape" to offer an opinion there. Today I'm just thinking he can hopefully secure a job as a backup and not be so close to getting cut all the time.
I'm just giving fair warning to ppl who are expecting Landry to be their savior. I laid out my opinion of him after watching every college game of his and have 3-4 years of game data to go off of while non OU fans have a single NFL game to go off of. There's a reason why signed Mike Vick and kept him on active roster.

I'm just giving fair warning to ppl who are expecting Landry to be their savior. I laid out my opinion of him after watching every college game of his and have 3-4 years of game data to go off of while non OU fans have a single NFL game to go off of. There's a reason why signed Mike Vick and kept him on active roster.
Please give us the reason then. It makes absolutely no sense that Vick leapfrogged him as a summer hire even though he does not fit the Steelers offensive scheme. Vick is not capable of throwing to a receiver breaking open. He throws what he sees. Jones has 3 years of football knowledge of the Steelers scheme. He never should have been 3rd string.

Please give us the reason then. It makes absolutely no sense that Vick leapfrogged him as a summer hire even though he does not fit the Steelers offensive scheme. Vick is not capable of throwing to a receiver breaking open. He throws what he sees. Jones has 3 years of football knowledge of the Steelers scheme. He never should have been 3rd string.
You just answered your own question. Vick is that bad yet they still signed him with FA money to be Big Ben's backup. That should speak volumes to the current lack of confidence they have in Landry starting games for them.

Vick was signed because Tomlin loves Vick as a person. He tried to get the Steelers to sign Vick years ago. That's also the reason they stuck with him for so long.

If you watched him in college then you'd be a lot more hesitant to even consider rostering, let alone starting, him now.

Isn't he 3/4 years removed from college? Who cares? If you watched Kurt Warner in college you may have never rostered him that's how useless that critique is at this point. And, no, that is not a comparison to Kurt Warner. People are allowed to grow and adapt. Some can't and some can.

FML. I give a homer's honest opinion of what I seen out of 3-4 years of college games and get burned at the stake for it. Makes me question why I even post here.

FML. I give a homer's honest opinion of what I seen out of 3-4 years of college games and get burned at the stake for it. Makes me question why I even post here.
A stats page, a video of all passes including a pick 6, a video offering both positive and negative views....couldn't be more unbiased but yeah that's burning at the stake.

How dare I share some videos for people to form their own opinions. They should only bash Landry like you

A stats page, a video of all passes including a pick 6, a video offering both positive and negative views....couldn't be more unbiased but yeah that's burning at the stake.

How dare I share some videos for people to form their own opinions. They should only bash Landry like you
I was mainly referring to the guy saying who cares what he did in college.

A stats page, a video of all passes including a pick 6, a video offering both positive and negative views....couldn't be more unbiased but yeah that's burning at the stake.How dare I share some videos for people to form their own opinions. They should only bash Landry like you
And I wasn't calling you out but now I am because you're acting like a woman. College analysis is great and is very important to the fantasy world, until it's not. Tell me how important Trent Richardson's college film is to his career right now. Like I said before players advance or they don't.

Isn't he 3/4 years removed from college? Who cares? If you watched Kurt Warner in college you may have never rostered him that's how useless that critique is at this point. And, no, that is not a comparison to Kurt Warner. People are allowed to grow and adapt. Some can't and some can.
sure they can. Where are landrys signs that he has?

So knowledge equals execution? When his problem his historically has been just that, execution? If you want to stash him in a dynasty and see if he is a new qb then by all means. Starting him though? Based on what? Smells like shiny new toy syndrome.

A stats page, a video of all passes including a pick 6, a video offering both positive and negative views....couldn't be more unbiased but yeah that's burning at the stake.How dare I share some videos for people to form their own opinions. They should only bash Landry like you
And I wasn't calling you out but now I am because you're acting like a woman.College analysis is great and is very important to the fantasy world, until it's not. Tell me how important Trent Richardson's college film is to his career right now. Like I said before players advance or they don't.
Yeah I was the one saying I don't know why I come here anymore and acting like a woman....geesh.

OU only using a dink and dunk offense and catch N runs, him never throwing much was brought up as a gripe. That's not true. People often make these statements about spread offenses that snap N throw or chuck it quickly. It'd be impossible for the WR to even get downfield. That doesn't mean there aren't many other mid to deep passes. These spread teams get into a rhythm with the short game and stick with it. I've never seen it last a whole game. Once out of rhythm or the DBs start cheating, then they throw it further. It was an unfair characterization of Jones' ability.

I think the world of Stoops, others don't but I think regardless he's a top coach. 4 years playing QB in the Big 12 is rare as there is usually an incumbent or guys leave early. Jones was a highly ranked HS quarterback who then got four years under Stoops to become Big 12s all time leading passer. That is considerable. One doesn't break the Big 12 record just throwing dink n dunk passes nor being some terrible QB.

What was brought up was quite illogical.

If I had to compare him to someone it would be Drew Bledsoe because you've got the arm and yards and the dunderhead mistakes. Drew could have a 300 yard beautiful game and then throw it right to the DB in the most obvious of coverages in a totally wth type of way.

OU uses TEs differently than most spreads which leads some to call it not a spread offense. Rather than get into that debate, just wanted to mention because OU was heavy with the TE and so is Pittsburgh.

Big Ben's sweet arm doesn't always throw long passes to Brown. He throws plenty of short to mid range balls to "sell" the deep route.

Jones was an excellent pick for them. He should be well suited to step in as a replacement when needed. Many coaches brought him in for their interviews and he did very well-you can tell Stoops well-trained this guy. Gruden's video with him is on youtube and impressive.

As a rookie though he was atrocious right away. You go to all those thoughts like in theory this should happen but in reality that happened. By the end of his first camp, people wondered if he'd be cut and done in the NFL. Year two was better but only a better sort of yuck still. A comparison of burnt toast and burnt cookies. Pittsburgh stuck with him.

OTAs minicamp he was significantly better. Articles were did the light go on with no he still stinks. People were much more inclined to assume he didn't improve nor would he ever.

Week 1 of preseason he started and played the whole thing. It was a terrible stripped down offense and it was said they did him a disservice trying to compensate for him and doing it poorly. From then on they just let him play the regular O and he did well this preseason. He lead the NFL in passing yards.

Naturally Big Ben wasn't supposed to get hurt and the thought was Landry made significant progress, light went on etc. Next year should be interesting in camp.

Apparently the stripped down O for Vick was about as good as the stripped down O for Landry in week 1 of preseason. All week Steelers coaches and some writers seem relieved when they mention that with Landry starting they can go back to the full O, the regular offense.

When people ask me how I think Landry will do, I go back to Bledsoe. There's always the possibility they run Leveon Bell 50 times and dust DeAngelo off to run an additional 25 times but assuming all is normal I think it'll be 300 yards and 4 INTs. I expect him to look awesome one drive and terribly inexperienced the next. The cost of his mistakes is going to be everything. If they're not pick 6s, and Reid still starts his ball control ToP QB, then the Steelers will win.

Some weeks those WRs made Ben's job look easy. Landry has enough of an arm and understanding of the game where they can almost lean on the WRs to make plays. He'll put it there, you go get it. I think they are loaded with "thoroughbreds" or "clydesdales" at WR. (please excuse if this is derogatory term now and no longer complimentary) So many are freakishly fast or tall or both and they are about to face the worst or one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. Brown has hundreds of catches where he's covered and gets it anyway. Bryant showed special athleticism on that catch N run last week. Few WRs can catch it and kick it into 5th gear like he did. Wheaton is special too. Bey was a 1st round athlete if not WR. The onus will be on Haley to get it off Landry's shoulders and onto the WRs backs. They can surely do this. OC needs to get them in space.

Landry got smacked plenty at OU and he's got that Bledsoe panic move to throw to the TE. Miller will be useful. He also panics poorly as was stated above. I wouldn't worry about some pressure by Hali or Houston but if they smack him around enough, then I'd worry.

I don't think this is Aaron Rodgers sitting a long time and then starting but I do think he could be Matt Hasselbeck. I don't think he played til year four.

All in all though I'm more inclined to predict Mike Cherry, Jason Garrett, Jeff Rutledge, Frank Reich type longtime career backup where it isn't really ever a question if he'll supplant the starter. The team just likes him as a "just in case" guy.

Bri said:
Bojang0301 said:
addicted2ff said:
Bri said:
addicted2ff said:
And I wasn't calling you out but now I am because you're acting like a woman.College analysis is great and is very important to the fantasy world, until it's not. Tell me how important Trent Richardson's college film is to his career right now. Like I said before players advance or they don't.
Yeah I was the one saying I don't know why I come here anymore and acting like a woman....geesh.

OU only using a dink and dunk offense and catch N runs, him never throwing much was brought up as a gripe. That's not true. People often make these statements about spread offenses that snap N throw or chuck it quickly. It'd be impossible for the WR to even get downfield. That doesn't mean there aren't many other mid to deep passes. These spread teams get into a rhythm with the short game and stick with it. I've never seen it last a whole game. Once out of rhythm or the DBs start cheating, then they throw it further. It was an unfair characterization of Jones' ability.

I think the world of Stoops, others don't but I think regardless he's a top coach. 4 years playing QB in the Big 12 is rare as there is usually an incumbent or guys leave early. Jones was a highly ranked HS quarterback who then got four years under Stoops to become Big 12s all time leading passer. That is considerable. One doesn't break the Big 12 record just throwing dink n dunk passes nor being some terrible QB.

What was brought up was quite illogical.

If I had to compare him to someone it would be Drew Bledsoe because you've got the arm and yards and the dunderhead mistakes. Drew could have a 300 yard beautiful game and then throw it right to the DB in the most obvious of coverages in a totally wth type of way.

OU uses TEs differently than most spreads which leads some to call it not a spread offense. Rather than get into that debate, just wanted to mention because OU was heavy with the TE and so is Pittsburgh.

Big Ben's sweet arm doesn't always throw long passes to Brown. He throws plenty of short to mid range balls to "sell" the deep route.

Jones was an excellent pick for them. He should be well suited to step in as a replacement when needed. Many coaches brought him in for their interviews and he did very well-you can tell Stoops well-trained this guy. Gruden's video with him is on youtube and impressive.

As a rookie though he was atrocious right away. You go to all those thoughts like in theory this should happen but in reality that happened. By the end of his first camp, people wondered if he'd be cut and done in the NFL. Year two was better but only a better sort of yuck still. A comparison of burnt toast and burnt cookies. Pittsburgh stuck with him.

OTAs minicamp he was significantly better. Articles were did the light go on with no he still stinks. People were much more inclined to assume he didn't improve nor would he ever.

Week 1 of preseason he started and played the whole thing. It was a terrible stripped down offense and it was said they did him a disservice trying to compensate for him and doing it poorly. From then on they just let him play the regular O and he did well this preseason. He lead the NFL in passing yards.

Naturally Big Ben wasn't supposed to get hurt and the thought was Landry made significant progress, light went on etc. Next year should be interesting in camp.

Apparently the stripped down O for Vick was about as good as the stripped down O for Landry in week 1 of preseason. All week Steelers coaches and some writers seem relieved when they mention that with Landry starting they can go back to the full O, the regular offense.

When people ask me how I think Landry will do, I go back to Bledsoe. There's always the possibility they run Leveon Bell 50 times and dust DeAngelo off to run an additional 25 times but assuming all is normal I think it'll be 300 yards and 4 INTs. I expect him to look awesome one drive and terribly inexperienced the next. The cost of his mistakes is going to be everything. If they're not pick 6s, and Reid still starts his ball control ToP QB, then the Steelers will win.

Some weeks those WRs made Ben's job look easy. Landry has enough of an arm and understanding of the game where they can almost lean on the WRs to make plays. He'll put it there, you go get it. I think they are loaded with "thoroughbreds" or "clydesdales" at WR. (please excuse if this is derogatory term now and no longer complimentary) So many are freakishly fast or tall or both and they are about to face the worst or one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. Brown has hundreds of catches where he's covered and gets it anyway. Bryant showed special athleticism on that catch N run last week. Few WRs can catch it and kick it into 5th gear like he did. Wheaton is special too. Bey was a 1st round athlete if not WR. The onus will be on Haley to get it off Landry's shoulders and onto the WRs backs. They can surely do this. OC needs to get them in space.

Landry got smacked plenty at OU and he's got that Bledsoe panic move to throw to the TE. Miller will be useful. He also panics poorly as was stated above. I wouldn't worry about some pressure by Hali or Houston but if they smack him around enough, then I'd worry.

I don't think this is Aaron Rodgers sitting a long time and then starting but I do think he could be Matt Hasselbeck. I don't think he played til year four.

All in all though I'm more inclined to predict Mike Cherry, Jason Garrett, Jeff Rutledge, Frank Reich type longtime career backup where it isn't really ever a question if he'll supplant the starter. The team just likes him as a "just in case" guy.
outstanding reply.

People like you are why I visit the Shark Pool.

thank you.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
addicted2ff said:
Yeah you have to get used to it around here. Unfortunately.

Anyone forced to start him this week? Debating him or Winston. Might role with Landry. He should at least pile up yards.

Anyone forced to start him this week? Debating him or Winston. Might role with Landry. He should at least pile up yards.
yup, starting him over EJ Manuel, Du Johnson and CMike in .5 ppr Flex. Not expecting much but have to like the talent around him to give him a fighting chance.

Rotoworld:

Landry Jones completed 16-of-29 passes for 209 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions in the Steelers' Week 7 loss to Kansas City.

He also lost a late-game fumble on a mammoth hit by Chiefs OLB Tamba Hali, who rushed off the weak side, where LT Kelvin Beachum (ACL) normally would have lined up. Jones' performance wasn't quite as bad as the statistics show, but he was managed very conservatively by OC Todd Haley, who didn't dial up any shot plays until the game was out of reach. The Steelers will welcome back Ben Roethlisberger (knee) with open arms in Week 8 against the Bengals. Jones has earned the Steelers' top backup job, ahead of Michael Vick.

Oct 25 - 4:21 PM

Users who are viewing this thread