What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Ivory owners...... let's talk handcuff! (1 Viewer)

kencav

Footballguy
With Ivorys injury history and the prolific nature of the Jets rushing attack and commitment to the run is there a defined handcuff with Ridley possibly activated this Sunday?........or will we simply see an rbbc with Ridley, Stacy and Powell all seeing time.

I've always presumed Ridley would take over if fit and Ivory went down. Already posed the question in the Ivory thread if people were thinking of picking him up in the next week or so. The Jets run game looks great overall and it would be good to have some proper insurance should Ivory go down.

Jet homer...

I see it as a committe between Ridley and Powell (Powell has same role healthy). Don't know who's going to have more fantasy relevance tho

Good thread I was just trying to figure this out. So if I am reading this right correctly it looks like Ridley will play this week and this puts an end to Stacy?

Jet homer...

I see it as a committe between Ridley and Powell (Powell has same role healthy). Don't know who's going to have more fantasy relevance tho
Actually I'd say it would be a Stacy/Powell RBBC until we know how Ridley's recovery goes. If good, then it could be all three. In other words, who knows who would do the between the tackles work, but Powell's role would probably stay the same as the 3rd down back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread I was just trying to figure this out. So if I am reading this right correctly it looks like Ridley will play this week and this puts an end to Stacy?
Not necessarily. Stacy has looked good. If Ivory was hurt, either Stacy or Ridley would be splitting with Powell so there is no true handcuff situation here most likely.

Not necessarily. Stacy has looked good. If Ivory was hurt, either Stacy or Ridley would be splitting with Powell so there is no true handcuff situation here most likely.
as soon as Ridley puts the ball on the turf, that will be the end of this discussion. Stacy or Powell.

Surely they won't activate all four RBs every week right? What a mess.
Probably not. Powell is hurting right now, so it's not an issue this week. If all three are healthy behind Ivory, Stacy and Ridley will likely be fighting it out during the practice week with the "loser" being inactive. Powell should be active and keep the third down role.

Stacy is as pedestrian as they come. He will likely be inactive once Ridley is ready. IMO it will be 60/40 or 65/35 early down and short yardage work in Ivory's favor. Ivory will not hold up to the current workload. Powell likely passing down back all season.

Stacy looked average yesterday when Ivory was on the sideline. So I am looking at Ridley on waivers this week.

Users who are viewing this thread