What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bartman tonight. Where is he? What is he doing? (1 Viewer)

If and when Cubs ever win World Series will he be forgiven?

• Yes, he will be completely forgiven by Cubs fans

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • No, he'll be hated by Cubs fans no matter what

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
Bartman may always be hated by Cubs fans, but he should be treated like a hero. One of the most endearing stories in all of sports is the Cubs futile quest to finally end their 100+ year championship drought. It's like Charlie Brown trying to win a baseball game or kick the football. How many people are going to care about horse racing next year after someone finally won the triple crown for the first time in decades (other than gamblers and the .01% who can afford to participate)?

When it finally happens for the Cubs, we'll cheer and get excited for a day or 2, but then they'll become boring or even hated like the Red Sox after they ended their drought. Something special will be forever lost.

Do you know how much money he could get for an exclusive interview? I'd say only about 1 out of 1,000 Americans wouldn't cash in. Part of me respects him for that but a larger part of me thinks he's a moron.

Do you know how much money he could get for an exclusive interview? I'd say only about 1 out of 1,000 Americans wouldn't cash in. Part of me respects him for that but a larger part of me thinks he's a moron.
I personally believe his silence only increases the interest in him. If he had put himself out there most people would have moved on. Instead his infamy only grows each year the cubs don't win. All people have is the image of him sitting there shocked and alone with the headphones and turtleneck. Nobody has ever even heard him speak.

I personally believe his silence only increases the interest in him. If he had put himself out there most people would have moved on. Instead his infamy only grows each year the cubs don't win. All people have is the image of him sitting there shocked and alone with the headphones and turtleneck. Nobody has ever even heard him speak.
It's great. Good for him.

I'm saying if he doesn't want attention then do the opposite of what he's doing now. A few interviews and he'll get some attention in the short term but at least he'll somewhat diffuse the legend and infamy he's got going now and forever (or at least until the Cubs win a WS). His silence gives him more attention, not less. Maybe he likes it that way.

So if he doesn't want attention, talk to the media?
I know it sounds backwards but yes. The more you can't have something the more you want it. Kind of like the paparazzi hounding a reclusive celebrity. If they stopped being so reclusive they'd stop being so hounded after and finally get that privacy they seem to want.

Or people could maybe leave him the #### alone since the cubs ruined his life by being so awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhatDoIKnow said:
I hope he drinks a bottle of Cub fan tears every year after they are eliminated. He had to wait just a little longer this year, but the taste has to be a little sweeter.
His power grows stronger with every Cubs loss.

Das Boot said:
WhatDoIKnow said:
I hope he drinks a bottle of Cub fan tears every year after they are eliminated. He had to wait just a little longer this year, but the taste has to be a little sweeter.
Bartman is a hardcore Cubs fan, so his tears are in there too.
A small price to pay for the smiting of one's enemies

It has been reported that Bartman will never attend another Cubs game, but what if he did, at home?  Would he get booed?  Cheered? Beat up?  Will all be forgiven if the Cubs win the WS?  I personally think what Cubs fans (and the media) did to this young man was despicable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
People are silly. Bartman wasn't responsible for costing all 8 runs in that game nor is he responsible for the Cubs not winning game 7. Let the guy live.

It has been reported that Bartman will never attend another Cubs game, but what if he did, at home?  Would he get booed?  Cheered? Beat up?  Will all be forgiven if the Cubs win the WS?  I personally think what Cubs fans did to this young man was despicable. 
I think he'd be mostly cheered but not until after they won.

I"m shocked he still lives there and never changed his name. Not even started using his middle name professionally.

Isn't he a lawyer? When I've had to go in for jury duty, one of the first questions they ask is if you know any of the litigators, witnesses, or defendants, then they read off the names.

I'm guessing he's not a trial attorney then. It would be a daily headache.
He's not a lawyer, at least I don't think he is. He still lives in the area. I honestly believe the guy has done himself no favors by shunning any and all media attention. His silence only perpetuates the legend.

Boston finally forgave Buckner.  Heck he and Mookie are doing commercials together now making fun of it.

IF/WHEN the Cubs win a title he will be welcomed back.

Users who are viewing this thread