What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1st Grade Girl In My Daughter's Class Told Her She Was Fat (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
Mentioned bullying tonight and she said she hadn't been bullied, but when I asked if someone had been mean she told me this. She's not fat at all and has something like Asperger's so it really didn't affect her (doesn't understand 'being fat'), she just didn't like someone trying to be mean.

How ballistic do I go tomorrow?

Note for consideration: the bully girl has one of those stupid names like what Tom Cruise would give his kid.

Send in a couple of goons to rough up the little girl a little...you know, just a broken bone or two. Make an example of her to send a message to the rest of the class.

Does she do it often?

A one time thing?

I think we are uber sensitive to bullying these days and tend to label things bullying that just aren't.

This could be the case where one girl is just a jerk and said something mean. If she says nothing else to your daughter...is it really bullying?

Please change title to "1st grade kid acted like a 1st grade kid. What should I do?"
:goodposting: Kids are just mean. I was out for a run at lunch this week and ran by my kids' school. My oldest son (9) was out at recess playing with his friends. I wave and some little girls were at the fence and yelled at me "hey you ugly!" WTF is raising these little monsters?

Please change title to "1st grade kid acted like a 1st grade kid. What should I do?"
:goodposting: Kids are just mean. I was out for a run at lunch this week and ran by my kids' school. My oldest son (9) was out at recess playing with his friends. I wave and some little girls were at the fence and yelled at me "hey you ugly!" WTF is raising these little monsters?
Please change your post to "Kids are just honest"

u g l y. you ain't got no alibi

See, even little kids know how stupid running is.

See, even little kids know how stupid running is.
Et tu, James?

On topic...Big deal. Kids are mean. This is not new. No need to go "ballistic" on anyone. Take a deep breath, calm down, and invest in a treadmill.

Mentioned bullying tonight and she said she hadn't been bullied, but when I asked if someone had been mean she told me this. She's not fat at all and has something like Asperger's so it really didn't affect her (doesn't understand 'being fat'), she just didn't like someone trying to be mean.

Note for consideration: the bully girl has one of those stupid names like what Tom Cruise would give his kid.
You are going to go ballastic on a 1rst grade girl on Saturday?

Seriously though put your daughter on the swim team, she will be skinny in 3 weeks.

Actually, tomorrow is Sunday... ;)

I wouldn't say anything to the girl but if you have contact with her parents then I'd mention it. If it continues and she is really a bully then the school counselor should know.

Can we get something straight? A single instance of a child calling another child a name is not "bullying". That's called being a kid and growing up.

I wouldn't say anything to the girl but if you have contact with her parents then I'd mention it. If it continues and she is really a bully then the school counselor should know.
100% total fail in that post
Why? There is nothing wrong with mentioning it to the parents if you have contact with them. If they are good parents they would want to know and have a word to their kid about it. Back when before it was called bullying many of us did get the how would you like it if talk. Nowadays many seem to be tippy toeing around it for some reason. Not addressing it to young kids in a non-threatening way because they are young doesn't make sense to me. It's part of teaching them wrong from right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you explain what your last sentence has to do with anything? Why is the girl's name relevant? Why should we consider it? Maybe your daughter can make fun of her name? Maybe you can go ballistic on this 1st grader with the strange name?

You might consider whether the line between loving and protective father on the one hand, and overprotective irrational parent on the other is in danger of being crossed. BTW, I get it, our love for our children is blindingly strong.

100% total fail in that post
Why? There is nothing wrong with mentioning it to the parents if you have contact with them. If they are good parents they would want to know and have a word to their kid about it. Back when before it was called bullying many of us did get the how would you like it if talk. Nowadays many seem to be tippy toeing around it for some reason. Not addressing it to young kids in a non-threatening way because they are young doesn't make sense to me. It's part of teaching them wrong from right.
A) You are dealing with a 6 year old.

B) Why in the holy hell would you even consider mentioning it to her parents? How do you think that is going to go? The kid is 6. Its part of life. Teach your kid to deal with it

C)Calling someone fat is not bullying and going to the school about it is even more moronic than going to the parents. Again teach the kid how to deal with it instead of ####ifying the situation.

If your 1rst grader gets bent out of shape from another first grader calling her a name then its time to buckle up because the ride in front of you just got rocky. Teach the kid to deal with it. Simple. Use it as a tool to learn from. Dont be a baby and throw your hands up an run to the school or whoever. Christ

If he is in American Samoa, tomorrow might actually be Monday.Shoot - should have looked up my time zones. The joke would have worked if I'd said New Zealand. American Samoa is just barely on the wrong side of the date line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Find out from your daughter what the most appropriate insult would be for the other girl -- maybe the weird name you mentioned, or goofy clothes or hair, whatever. Your daughter should really harp on that one thing, and get the other kids into it too. And I mean DAILY. First thing you ask your daughter every day after school -- "Did you make fun of Paprika today? Did you make her cry?". Eventually the girl will leave the school and when that happens, make sure you reward your daughter with something really nice like an iPad.

Gotta side with Ned on this one. I've seen numerous still photos of him running - insta-boner EVERY TIME.

Being a bully and kids being mean are two different things.

Sometimes, a lot actually when you are talking about that age, kids are mean and they have intent on being mean.

Seriously though put your daughter on the swim team, she will be skinny in 3 weeks.
You think I should wait until Sunday to cool off?

She's not fat, even a little bit. She is a lot taller/stronger than most of the other kids so that could explain the 'fat' comment.

Find out from your daughter what the most appropriate insult would be for the other girl -- maybe the weird name you mentioned, or goofy clothes or hair, whatever. Your daughter should really harp on that one thing, and get the other kids into it too. And I mean DAILY. First thing you ask your daughter every day after school -- "Did you make fun of Paprika today? Did you make her cry?". Eventually the girl will leave the school and when that happens, make sure you reward your daughter with something really nice like an iPad.
:lol:

You think I should wait until Sunday to cool off?

She's not fat, even a little bit. She is a lot taller/stronger than most of the other kids so that could explain the 'fat' comment.
Do you really have to "cool off"? Just tell your daughter she's not fat and kids are kids and say stupid things, remind her of a time she said something stupid.

Your life is gonna suck if you feel the need to run to your child's defense anytime someone sneezes in their direction, not too mention you are setting them up for failure in life.

Do you really have to "cool off"? Just tell your daughter she's not fat and kids are kids and say stupid things, remind her of a time she said something stupid.

Your life is gonna suck if you feel the need to run to your child's defense anytime someone sneezes in their direction, not too mention you are setting them up for failure in life.
I thought the hyperbole of my 'ballistic' comment would be obvious but I guess there are psychos out there who would go nuts over this.

I thought the hyperbole of my 'ballistic' comment would be obvious but I guess there are psychos out there who would go nuts over this.
In fairness you did comment on the first grader's name, coupled with other posts of yours throughout the board it's somewhat hard to judge how sane you actually are.

Hope you told them that that's what happens when you get older. Enjoy your youth!

In fairness you did comment on the first grader's name, coupled with other posts of yours throughout the board it's somewhat hard to judge how sane you actually are.
I can accept that.

Users who are viewing this thread