What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Foster owner. :( Blue and Polk are both available. Which one? Darkwa... Wow. Nice runs. Anything on him or was that just a fluke spell with Jennings/Vereen/Williams sucking?

David Cobb a good pickup? Just lost Foster.
I added him this week. I don't think he is a good pick-up, but is certainly worth a look if you need RB help. The unknown is better than the known trash floating out there on most WWs.

I know it makes sense to grab David Cobb, but I'm staying away. I'm starting to think Whiz would rather have a different RB on every play.

He's gone in all my leagues, but in smaller/shorter bench leagues, Danny Amendola is worth a roster spot.

Alfred Blue again
Blue stinks
Starter on the waiver wire, If he stinks so be it, but i'd rather have him than a one week wonder.
Thing is he wasn't really a starter. One game with over 10 carries (out of 4 that Foster missed). He will only be useful if it's a game HOU can get an early lead and try to sit on it. I would rather wait to see who Hou adds as a FA.
It's hard to imagine a game where Houston gets a lead.

Alfred Blue again
Blue stinks
Starter on the waiver wire, If he stinks so be it, but i'd rather have him than a one week wonder.
Thing is he wasn't really a starter. One game with over 10 carries (out of 4 that Foster missed). He will only be useful if it's a game HOU can get an early lead and try to sit on it. I would rather wait to see who Hou adds as a FA.
It's hard to imagine a game where Houston gets a lead.
Exactly.

Jack White said:
JHuber77 said:
ponchsox said:
JHuber77 said:
Alfred Blue again
Blue stinks
Why?

You could never start him with confidence (because, as a reminder, he sucks).

So why bother even rostering him?
Sometimes you need a guy who's getting carries even if he doesn't inspire a ton of confidence?

Jack White said:
JHuber77 said:
ponchsox said:
JHuber77 said:
Alfred Blue again
Blue stinks
Why?

You could never start him with confidence (because, as a reminder, he sucks).

So why bother even rostering him?
Sometimes you need a guy who's getting carries even if he doesn't inspire a ton of confidence?
If I absolutely HAD to roster a Houston RB, I'd choose Polk. He has more talent, and he can catch passes.

Blue sucks.

That said, I would just avoid the situation completely.

Foster owners need to plug somebody in at RB. What about "The Human Cannnonball" Mike Tolbert? Looks like he is getting goal line work and he is only a Jon Stewart injury away from a more significant role. I'd be surprised if Stewart held up, but maybe some of that sentiment is my foolishness for scheming to get an injury-prone RB like Foster on my team. But obviously Artis-Payne isn't the answer, and Carolina loves to run the ball.

seahawk 17 said:
Are you implying that Houston would sign him? Because yeah, when your season is already going down the toilet and your coach's seat is heating up, why not voluntarily take on a PR s###storm at the same time?

What would make Polk a desirable pickup now when he did absolutely nothing the first 4+ games of the season that Foster was out?

I'm intrigued by Clive Walford. Sounds like the Raiders have big plans for him. Kelce's bye is coming up after the London game, so may grab Walford early to make sure I have him.

thriftyrocker said:
JHuber77 said:
ponchsox said:
JHuber77 said:
Alfred Blue again
Blue stinks
Foster wasn't even able to run well behind that line. Most of his value was as a receiver in PPR. Don't know if I'm trusting lesser backs to produce in Houston.

Insein said:
Chris Polk. They have to give this kid a chance.
Can you imagine how painful it would be to see Mccoy, Dion Lewis, and Chris Polk all starting and putting up numbers?

Blue has a game with 30 carries this year. Hes number 1 if not already cuffed.

Last edited by a moderator:
If for some reason Diggs is still out there he's probably top priority considering you could probably trade him for RB help if that's what you are looking for

Washington might still be out there. Amendola looks like he is getting a lot of love in NE and owning a piece of that rock can bring some serious value. 18 targets the last two games.

Washington might still be out there. Amendola looks like he is getting a lot of love in NE and owning a piece of that rock can bring some serious value. 18 targets the last two games.
Hmm, interesting about Amendola. Although they didnt even attempt to run it yesterday

Zow said:
James Starks.

See if McManus or Crosby got dropped.
I have McManus, and it's the first time in 8 years that I've ever rostered 2 kickers to keep from having to drop one on a bye. That kid can bomb the long FG and is worth a top waiver claim if he's out there.

Hmm, interesting about Amendola. Although they didnt even attempt to run it yesterday
I guess the gamble will be on trusting the hot hand. LeFell was playing but he dropped a number of passes. Gronk is probably getting double coverage (but will see his fair share of targets), Edelman getting a lot of respect from defenses and the running game was sluggish. Grabbed him in a 14 man league where there was little on the wire and it paid off. Going forward - who knows but he appears healthy. Brady is going to work the starters and feed the hot hand. Scary offense.

I'm taking a flier on Amendola. I have zero expectations, but he has 100 or a TD in three of the last four. The last spot on my bench was Hankerson, who can't stay healthy and is playing in a fairly stagnant offense.

If Lewis is out I think Danny A. becomes a decent play again. The NE game plan is variable but the pass game seems to work on a triangle, there has to be a third corner there. With Lewis out it appears to be Amendola.

Users who are viewing this thread